2015/11/23 - Cats In The Cradle

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Re: 2015/11/23 - Cats In The Cradle

Post by rickgriffin »

SuperStar wrote:Speaking of Cats in the Cradle, who remembers what the first one was? You'll notice this one's url has it labeled "cats-in-the-cradle-2". This has been popping up a bit recently actually, Rick's been reusing comic titles.
Gimme a break, I passed 1000 strips!
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

rickgriffin wrote:Gimme a break, I passed 1000 strips!
You are forgiven! I seen comics do it at times. Archie being the biggest culprit.

... just watch out. I don't know what happens the third time. Maybe a universe where comic artists reuse the same title over and over again. :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Panther

Post by Panther »

SuperStar wrote:
Panther wrote:
Cesco wrote:This is a worse danger than the one who let Pete know about the purple cat... :P
Pete thinks "there's an idea" . But finally , he chooses King then Bailey ....................... Erased memory ?
He did try to make Grape his avatar in the main story. Remember "The Grove"?
Seen "The grove" ; Pete is nice with Grape and Peanuts but he doesn't seem a lot interested to her
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

He was trying to be subtle, it seems. Easier to gain trust through little things, but after that plan fell through due to Zach, he went a more direct route with Joel.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Panther wrote:
SuperStar wrote:
Panther wrote:Pete thinks "there's an idea" . But finally , he chooses King then Bailey ....................... Erased memory ?
He did try to make Grape his avatar in the main story. Remember "The Grove"?
Seen "The grove" ; Pete is nice with Grape and Peanuts but he doesn't seem a lot interested to her
Pete infiltrated Grape's dream for the specific purpose of showing her the way to his temple. As expressed in the Dog Days of Summer arc Pete was prevented from getting "The Cat" and (in the same strip) has crossed Grape's name off of his character sheet and written "King" above it. Later in the Trial in Heaven arc, Pete explains that he wanted a Dream Sunderer because they are good against Sovereign Spirtists (like Tarot). We see Grape in the temple as he explains how he was attempting to get her to push the button so as to get energy directly from his mana pool and overcome the requirement that Dream Sunderers be not "in love", but Zach pushed the button and was ineligible as an avatar because he is not a cat or a dog.
Long story short: Pete wanted Grape as his avatar but could not get her, so he went with King as plan B and later Bailey as plan C.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As I said before Rick, you are a Furret and they can learn Frustration so go with that. :P
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Did Rick get inspiration for this joke from the Goldbergs Thanksgiving episode?
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.