Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
IceKitsune

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by IceKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:It could be considered a better understanding of the relationship between Peanut & Grape on Max's part though and actually be fuel for him, but even i think Max isn't that keen.

On the otherhand, the only way i could think of him being prepared incase Grape betrayed him in the war is to think that if the dogs wanted him out of the war, what better way than to get Grape to do it? And what better way to get Grape to do it than to kidnap or somehow use Peanut as the bargaining chip? I don't think the dogs really consider Maxwell a huge threat though, but if they know he's the one buying all the weapons for the cats, then chances are they want him out and Max might've prepared ahead of time for this.
I guess that could work if Max lied to Grape about having Counter-Intelligence in place but if he knew about Peanut being captured (which is the only reason I could see that he would plan for Grape to betray him) why not help Grape find Peanut then? (and her trying to play Joey off as a Double Agent-most likely to cover her self for reasons I already stated-shows that he either doesn't know (going back to my original point which is most likely) about Peanut or knows; hasn't told Grape he does, and is unwilling to help her rescue him which would make him a pretty big jerk and I would be shocked if he is that big of one.) And If he doesn't know Grape is the Double Agent but prepared for it anyway it shows he doesn't trust Grape to come to him for help with that possibility which is odd IMO.

The only reason I can see that Grape didn't go to Max for help is she thinks he might be part of the conspiracy behind the war. Which again ties into my original point.

Edit: Also if he is on the Conspiracy that means he captured (or helped capture) Peanut which opens a whole new can of worms (depending on how serious the whole thing is being taken by everyone involved) that I don't want to get into unless it is reveled he is.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

I suspect the the conspiracy will be something REALLY silly. :roll: And the ferrets are behind it all.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

This whole thing is just a ploy to get Zach out of his shell. Everyone is in on it. That is why he is the center of everything, and what happens only seems to happen around him. They tied Bino up because they know he can't act...

I loved the new strip. Grape is trying to find Peanut? Nice. This will be a beautiful ending, I am sure.

Quick, someone give Grape a Hammy award!! Wait... do those even exist? :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

copper wrote: Quick, someone give Grape a Hammy award!! Wait... do those even exist? :lol:
You win the 2011 Emmy Award for being Hammy! *watches Grape faint*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

oh wait, wait

I get it now

yeah, that's pretty funny
ImageImage
ImageImage
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Surprising twist... Check!
Getting shot in the middle of a plot-related conversation... Check!
Important and revealing flashback... Check!
Dramatic death... Check!

Oh boy! We are near the end of this arc... I can feel it!!!

... Or is it? Dun dun DUNN! </random>
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Now that's what I call a twist. :)
Liam

Post by Liam »

Called it! To 35%.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Something about this exchange made me burst out laughing.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sinder wrote:Image

Something about this exchange made me burst out laughing.
I chuckled.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

It's like Peanut's talking in the third voice XD
I smiled, but somehow at the same time, was spooked by the avatar and the way it's written there ...

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sinder wrote:Something about this exchange made me burst out laughing.
Two Words:

Dark Peanut. =3
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Well, Peanut is having a LOT of fun.

I wonder who that villain could be, holding a water soaker under the desk.... how rude.

I hope it is another wolf cub...
My characters
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

hmmm I’m going with Rockstar Hawk (or one of the Cubs anyway) or one of the Ferrets. :lol: at Peanut playing Videogames.
I could also see Fox or maybe King (but I would need a really good explanation as to why he would do this) Or for a final shocking twist it could be Joey (but I highly doubt that one.) However One of the cubs or the Ferrets are much more likely I think.

Edit: I wonder exactly how Peanut was captured in the first place anyway? It had to be someone he knows and would go with (unless it was forceful, but I really doubt it was) that is leading me to think its Most likely one of the cubs since he knows them much better then the Ferrets (which I think hes met like twice.) That also kind of rules out King since Peanut doesn't know him that well, though Fox is still possible. He becomes more unlikely however.
Alex

Post by Alex »

:lol: xD That was funny! This villain takes everything literally... probably saw the "good time" line on a movie or something, and took it literally xD

I believe it is obvious that the villain is another cub. However, Rick almost never does what's obvious, so by stating it's obvious I've proven that it's NOT another cub. It's Sabrina.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

One of Mile's cubs or one of the ferrets would make sense, though it does seem like a very common guess.

Speech pattern wise, it could be one of Mile's cub, one of the ferrets, or Lester. And while less likely, it could also be Max or Joey.

Then again, I have mostly been wrong so far, so I wouldn't listen to myself! :lol:
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Aquablast wrote:One of Mile's cubs or one of the ferrets would make sense, though it does seem like a very common guess.

Speech pattern wise, it could be one of Mile's cub, one of the ferrets, or Lester. And while less likely, it could also be Max or Joey.

Then again, I have mostly been wrong so far, so I wouldn't listen to myself! :lol:
Actually I think it being Max is almost impossible at this point (it could be Joey but that is almost equally unlikely for much the same reasons as Max) there is no way he could have gotten from the battle to the Mall in time to meet Grape and Zach there. So unless he some how saw them leaving, knew why they did so and then some how got there before them its almost impossible. (However I won't put anything past Rick, he could have a really good explanation if it is Max) Also there is the fact that I think Grape would have recognized his voice right away when he started talking. (though again he could be using some sort of voice changer.)

I think its basically down to The Cubs or The Ferrets at this point unless Rick throws a huge curve with say, Tarot or Sabrina.
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

You crack me up, little buddy :lol: but Grape seems everything except Sam, whatever.

Peanut seems really concentrated on that videogame... maybe it's Rhythm Tengoku, don't know anything else on Wii that requires that concentration (and patience, too).
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

Liam

Post by Liam »

I should've known 235 was behind it all along.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Liam wrote:I should've known 235 was behind it all along.
No, it's ???, obviously Arc 42 is attacking the current one because it is jealous that it is currently running, unlike itself.
Image Image
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

When I saw the first panel of today's comic. The first thing that came to my mind was. Zach and Grape are the new characters to the rainbow six game.

On another note, I think that It's Bino behind the chair in the office, considering that he ran the huge egg fight in the past years. (year, I really don't know the timeline as well as everybody else)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Guys, it's all a ploy to get Grape to meet Sasha. Sasha is the leader of a conspiracy of female Dogs and Cats that want to take over the war since Max and Fido forbid any females getting wet in this war. By getting Max and Fido to surrender to them, they will mercilessly slaughter (with water) all the cats and dogs in the war in a embarassing show of glory for being left out in this war.

Only problem is though... Grape was somehow recruited into the war. This does not amuse Sasha. She already has Sabrina, but without Grape her plans will fail.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Part of me thinks it's Tarot. I have no idea why.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Who knew Daisy could be so evil?

And have a vocabulary beyond, "Hi I'm daisy!"
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

I'll give you a hint: it's NOT KING. He hasn't the inclination or disposition to orchestrate something like this. If it's him, I am Robert Redford.

I say it's Pit. He's a total spendthrift, and CERTAINLY has the money and the mind for chaos to provide the kind of firepower we've seen so far. He would also be in a position to put one of the wolves in the leadership of the dogs. Finally, he's the most likely of the ferrets to DO something like this.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Loved this one.

I still don't have an idea on who could be behind the conspiracy, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was all an elaborate plan by Daisy. :lol:

I can imagine her saying in a deep voice "You seem to forget who's holding all the cards" haha
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

PhoenixAsper wrote:I say it's Pit. He's a total spendthrift, and CERTAINLY has the money and the mind for chaos to provide the kind of firepower we've seen so far. He would also be in a position to put one of the wolves in the leadership of the dogs. Finally, he's the most likely of the ferrets to DO something like this.
By those reasons, it could be ANY of the ferrets.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Teh Brawler wrote:By those reasons, it could be ANY of the ferrets.
Not REALLY. It couldn't be Simon, he'd WANT the attention, that's in his personality. He doesn't seem the type to go sneaking around behind the scenes. Keene and Lana are the more sensible of the group, they don't seem QUITE the type. Although, Duke could easily be doing this, and Rock could be making an EPIC war movie as his latest project. :roll: I still say it's Pit, though.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

PhoenixAsper wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:By those reasons, it could be ANY of the ferrets.
Not REALLY. It couldn't be Simon, he'd WANT the attention, that's in his personality. He doesn't seem the type to go sneaking around behind the scenes. Keene and Lana are the more sensible of the group, they don't seem QUITE the type. Although, Duke could easily be doing this, and Rock could be making an EPIC war movie as his latest project. :roll: I still say it's Pit, though.
Well NOW you're just giving them personalities :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Teh Brawler wrote: Well NOW you're just giving them personalities :P
Doesn't anyone EVER read the cast page? :roll:
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

MMMMMM Pizza.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Kyderra wrote:MMMMMM Pizza.
Is that so?
PhoenixAsper wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote: Well NOW you're just giving them personalities :P
Doesn't anyone EVER read the cast page? :roll:
I haven't read the cast page in a while, and I don't think each ferret's individual personalities would be the first information to stick with me.
While it has been update relatively recently (for a webcomic), the cast page is still about a year old, and we haven't been able to see the individual ferrets doin' their stuff in the comic very much yet. Rick might decide he wants their personalities to go a different direction, and it will be canon whether or not the cast page says so.

I'm wondering what sort of game Peanut is playing, as his controller is small, square, green, and wireless. I'm guessing he's a tester for the Wii U, and the person behind the chair is Satoru Iwata.
Image Image
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

In this comic: Rick draws paw pads.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Well, until the cast page is disproven, I'm going on the information I have about the ferrets from it and the comics.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

PhoenixAsper wrote:I'll give you a hint: it's NOT KING. He hasn't the inclination or disposition to orchestrate something like this. If it's him, I am Robert Redford.

I say it's Pit. He's a total spendthrift, and CERTAINLY has the money and the mind for chaos to provide the kind of firepower we've seen so far. He would also be in a position to put one of the wolves in the leadership of the dogs. Finally, he's the most likely of the ferrets to DO something like this.
There is also the fact it does look like King is trying to turn his life around and Kidnapping Peanut and starting a war would not help that at all. Also I think with the Kidnapping part of this I have a feeling we were meant to think it was King since hes kidnapped animals as Joel so he would be basically the only person able to do it. (or that we know of anyway) Basically he could be considered a bit of a false lead (a Red Herring I guess, but I think that trope would require him to be brought up in the arc first.) for us to follow.

Edit: https://www.housepetscomic.com/2011/07/ ... ment-80475 I really like this guess actually and as I said below it while I don't think its completely right it leads me to believe its the Ferrets more then ever now for basically the same reason as Alechsa said. I would make sense to get more people (and Pets) into a Mall the Ferrets bought.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey Zach's response looks familiar!

This would be a good time for Keene to get squirted with his own gun.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

IceKitsune wrote:
Edit: https://www.housepetscomic.com/2011/07/ ... ment-80475 I really like this guess actually and as I said below it while I don't think its completely right it leads me to believe its the Ferrets more then ever now for basically the same reason as Alechsa said. I would make sense to get more people (and Pets) into a Mall the Ferrets bought.
Yay me and Alechsa got it completely! (well as close as could have been gotten anyway!) Though I still wonder exactly why Grape didn’t get Max’s help for the rescue she let Zach in on it easily.

Edit: I actually hope we get some sort of explanation as to why because I really think that's odd that she wouldn't get his help.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

MAN! I almost had it right, I just got hung up on the wrong ferret! :roll: And someone actually guessed his PLAN as well! :shock: See above. We should have known.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Great updates! Hardcore testing! Those Miltons sure are creative, to come up with this.
My characters
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

booooo
ImageImage
ImageImage