Arc 51: Show Business

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Arc 51: Show Business

Post by copper »

Um, do people not realize that Sabrina and Tarot live together? Maybe he originally went to get Sabrina and Tarot foresaw that and ran interference? It is perfectly reasonable to assume, since it was never said that he specifically went there for tarot. Besides, he is running from a threat, he will run to anyone he views as an ally at this point. I mean, he may just be running down the road until he spots a familiar residence and then trying to get the pet's attention for all we know... :|

I think this may be the first time the game has been mentioned casually without a spirit coming up. maybe one will appear. :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

has it ever been made totally official that they live together? Sabrina could have just been over to handle the house while Tarot ans Dragon were busy in that spirit realm.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It would make sense that the two magic pets have the same owner.

So now the question is, what's their owner like, assuming they live together?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:has it ever been made totally official that they live together? Sabrina could have just been over to handle the house while Tarot ans Dragon were busy in that spirit realm.
IIRC Foxstar mentioned that Tarot and Sabrina met before Sabrina moved to BG in the Novel (I believe he said "Long before" actually) so it is rather logical to assume that she was adopted by Sabrina's Owner and they would live together. Or else it would be a massive coincidence they just happened to move to the same town.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

that dog's head is full of candy corn
ImageImage
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Soooooo tempted to say Pete.

But that's just too obvious!

It's gotta be Daisy.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Bino's hat is cute!

I imagine if King tried to get Bino to help him, it'd just make Bino jealous and hate him even more.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

love the first panel.
and the last two. the question is, would he actually take help from anyone but knows Bino wouldn't help him in a million years, or does he just not want Bino's hep? though I guess it's that he doesn't want Bino's help because Bino's a jerk who would never help him in a million years.
why is Bino building a snow dog this late?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

The possibility occurs to me that this is just a tease, for a joke--but I REALLY hope not. That, to me, would be a waste. Not only of this update but potential progression of King's overall character arc with regard to the one pet with whom he has not reconciled.

But this isn't my comic, so I don't know--I'll have to wait for the next update, I suppose.

But "Who is 'THERE'?" was priceless. :lol:
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

:lol: at Sasha being her usual self and King just doesn't even want to seriously consider Bino.
ChewyChewy wrote:The possibility occurs to me that this is just a tease, for a joke--but I REALLY hope not. That, to me, would be a waste. Not only of this update but potential progression of King's overall character arc with regard to the one pet with whom he has not reconciled.
What I hope is this isn't just leading to an excuse to have King become Pete's Avatar because its really wouldn't be a good one at all, like even remotely. But I can't shake this weird feeling in the back of my head that, that is what Rick is doing here but another part of me also thinks that hes just going to run into the person that will pick up his watch and I really hope its the second thing.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I never would have thought Sasha was a fan of Jeopardy, but it makes a perfect kind of sense :lol:
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

King is smart not to go to Bino. Knowing him, Bino would hold him down until Duchess caught up...

Sasha is horrible at Jeopardy, but in the cutest way possible! :lol:

Bino is really into making that snowdog, huh?
My characters
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

IceKitsune wrote::lol: at Sasha being her usual self and King just doesn't even want to seriously consider Bino.
ChewyChewy wrote:The possibility occurs to me that this is just a tease, for a joke--but I REALLY hope not. That, to me, would be a waste. Not only of this update but potential progression of King's overall character arc with regard to the one pet with whom he has not reconciled.
What I hope is this isn't just leading to an excuse to have King become Pete's Avatar because its really wouldn't be a good one at all, like even remotely. But I can't shake this weird feeling in the back of my head that, that is what Rick is doing here but another part of me also thinks that hes just going to run into the person that will pick up his watch and I really hope its the second thing.
...How in the world would that work out? That sounds out of left field, even more so than introducing the cosmic nerds and their game in the first place was, which was considerable.

That would be good, if someone would pick up the watch soon, but I can't imagine who it'd be or under what circumstances that would take place.
PF chars

--Phoenix

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

ChewyChewy wrote:
...How in the world would that work out? That sounds out of left field, even more so than introducing the cosmic nerds and their game in the first place was, which was considerable.
It would be a classic "guy is beat down and run ragged and gives in out of desperation." Basically with no one to help him he would make the mistake of calling on Pete for help and that would make him Pete's Avatar. It wold be really ham-fisted yeah (and If Rick did want to some how make King Pete's Avatar there are like a 100 other ways he could to it so much better and believable) but its not completely out of the realm of possibility.
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

One unlucky dog.

Who is Aaron Burr?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

IceKitsune wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:
It would be a classic "guy is beat down and run ragged and gives in out of desperation." Basically with no one to help him he would make the mistake of calling on Pete for help and that would make him Pete's Avatar. It wold be really ham-fisted yeah (and If Rick did want to some how make King Pete's Avatar there are like a 100 other ways he could to it so much better and believable) but its not completely out of the realm of possibility.
I don't consider it probable enough to be worth considering. Besides, we don't even know if Pete is in a position to do that, given where we last saw him. That's too much of a downer for the kind of thing Rick does.

I mean, what is this, "Peanuts"?
PF chars

--Phoenix

KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Oh, Sasha. You so funneh.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

RootsofOrigin wrote:One unlucky dog.

Who is Aaron Burr?
An American Founding Father, Vice President to Thomas Jefferson, and the man who killed Alexander Hamilton in a famous Duel that made him infamous and a parriah for the rest of his life and beyond to modern times.
My characters
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

RootsofOrigin wrote:One unlucky dog.

Who is Aaron Burr?
copper wrote:An American Founding Father, Vice President to Thomas Jefferson, and the man who killed Alexander Hamilton in a famous Duel that made him infamous and a parriah for the rest of his life and beyond to modern times.
Thank you. But that was supposed to be my imitation of Sasha. Which was poorly executed , based on your response.
sean21

Post by sean21 »

welp looks like my hunch was wrong, oh well
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

This is about last week strip. When King found Duchess in his room, I realized the bed she's lying on is a double bed. Cut back to the last strip of Not All Dog and King is seen lying in a single bed. It's possible the other half might be obscured. If it was a single bed, then Duchess requesting for a double bed imply something we know already, but if King had been sleeping in a double bed the whole time, that would imply something else.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Okay, I'll try a brighter side for once.

Let's see here: he's proven himself loyal in this arc already, he's actively resisting Duchess and her worldview, so at this point, barring Fido's intervention, or Joey (why?), he's left with two options. Those are: one, get help from Bino and try to patch things up (unbelievable!), or two, try and fight for himself, win or lose. Remember how I said in November that "why is everyone fighting my battles for me?" is the question King NEEDED to ask? That JUST may be in play here! I sense an awesome moment approaching! :) And I hope I caught my awesome-sensing on a good day. :?

Also, in regard to King being Pete's avatar: why? WHY, huh? It doesn't make sense for Rick to write in King's emancipation from Pete only to have him RIGHT back under his thrall. Plus, you know, doesn't really fit a Valentine's arc. :?
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Heh, i'm loving this development. I have seen someone mention they think he'll go to Peanut and Grape but i think that's a little too obvious. I think one of three things is going to happen. 1. He runs into Keene who's been tunnelling his way out of the zoo for months. 2. He confronts Duchess. 3. He hops into a limo with Res.
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

She is rather persistent
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

Well King seems to trapped in a bad situation.
Also I hope Rick gets better from whatever he has soon.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

dang. now it's a cliffhanger. and on the weekend too, (unless you plan to put the other half out before Monday *crosses his fingers*)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

And Hall of Mirrors? What in the world is she talking about?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

So sorry to hear you've been sick, Rick. :( Hope you feel better.

But that being the case, I wouldn't have minded waiting for the double strip, for more reasons than one.
PF chars

--Phoenix

KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

"Hall of mirrors" is an expression simply meaning that he's been trying to ditch her. A hall of mirrors (as anyone who's ever been in one can attest to) is like a maze on steroids, so it's a bit of a cliche in Hollywood to make chase scenes lead into a hall of mirrors so the pursuer or pursued can lose track of the other.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

KJOokami wrote:"Hall of mirrors" is an expression simply meaning that he's been trying to ditch her. A hall of mirrors (as anyone who's ever been in one can attest to) is like a maze on steroids, so it's a bit of a cliche in Hollywood to make chase scenes lead into a hall of mirrors so the pursuer or pursued can lose track of the other.
I know what a Hall of Mirrors is but I have never heard that expression used like that.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I wonder what the other half is like.... Get better soon Rick!

I like the cliche alt. Text. Very funny! :lol:

Poor King just cannot outrun a Saluki. :roll:
My characters
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Gotta love how there's a whole implied chase scene we never got to see.
sean21

Post by sean21 »

weird i was just going to suggest a mirror fun house yesterday, but he was looking for someones help so i didnt say anything, darn i would have nailed that.

another weird coincidence=my mom just got sick too, i can take care of her but all i can do for you is wishing that you'll get better... or how about this, i command you to get better Rick.
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

I've........... always known.............. I'd die like this.........

Okay, bad jokes aside, it's when things are at their worst, like this, that stuff usually happens. This whole thing's going to break open soon.

And where the heck is he? :|

Hope whatever you have isn't too serious, Rick.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

PhoenixAsper wrote:I've........... always known.............. I'd die like this.........

Okay, bad jokes aside, it's when things are at their worst, like this, that stuff usually happens. This whole thing's going to break open soon.

And where the heck is he? :|

Hope whatever you have isn't too serious, Rick.
It kind of looks like the crazy limerick guy's shack to me
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Ooh creepy
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

Gotta love how there's a whole implied chase scene we never got to see.
Yes, and in a Hall of Mirrors, at that. :P

You know what would really be crazy is that we find out this was all still part of the Valentine's show. ;)
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Monday: Rock Milton suddenly yells cut, and the finished copy of "Feral Attraction" is submitted to the judges of the show.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

My guess is someone's going to come tunelling through the floor
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"