Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
I'll be Honest 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Posts: 85
Post I'll be Honest
As the title implies, I'm going to be honest. Out of all the forums I was ever on, this forum is the best one I've been to. Why? The community here are some of the nicest people I have ever chatted with! I don't feel out of place here and I feel comfortable in posting comments on topics here without being ridiculed or made fun of. So I just want to say, thanks for having a awesome community!

_________________
Heavy Metal Will Never Die


Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm
Posts: 395
Post Re: I'll be Honest
I agree. Previous forums there were cliques of people whom I never fit in with. I'm glad this forum isn't like this.


Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 493
Location: Somewhere
Post Re: I'll be Honest
I am also glad to have a nice community here of wonderful people.

_________________
Avatar was drawn by Hukley
For the RP:
Draco A.
Stats:
-s:6
-P:7
-E:5
-C:5
- I:6
-A:6
-L:7
Calder: -SPECIAL-S:7 P:8 E:5 C:5 I:6 A:5 L:6


Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 am
Posts: 570
Location: my head, my computer, or outside.
Post Re: I'll be Honest
I've signed up for a few forums since signing up for this one, and I feel weird and uncomfortable commenting and posting on em sometimes

This one I almost always feel comfortable and good on, is it because It was the first? or is it because of the people? I don't really know myself but either way i like it!

_________________
Image
HP! Messenger
Image
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Image


Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm
Posts: 2053
Location: North Carolina
Post Re: I'll be Honest
I really like it here. Everyone is polite and if drama rears its ugly head the mods move swiftly to end it. Everyone here is very nice.

Not like the "Freefall" forum. Cliques and viciousness behavior abound. I am so glad I left that place.

_________________
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil


Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:39 pm
Posts: 223
Location: Inside the Mandelbrot Set.
Post Re: I'll be Honest
What cliques would form here?

We're people on the internet who enjoy reading a lighthearted comic.

It seems kind of hard to corrupt that.

_________________
You hear that? I think I just progged


Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm
Posts: 395
Post Re: I'll be Honest
You would be surprised about his easy it is. I've been on a MARIO forum like that.


Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:39 pm
Posts: 223
Location: Inside the Mandelbrot Set.
Post Re: I'll be Honest
Video games have always been a source of dispute.
I don't think anyone's gotten into a flame war
about Calvin and Hobbes.

_________________
You hear that? I think I just progged


Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm
Posts: 395
Post Re: I'll be Honest
It wasn't just about Mario, it was everything that had a dispute, the more popular cliques would bash the less popular cliques or new members.


Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Posts: 85
Post Re: I'll be Honest
Amazee Dayzee wrote:
It wasn't just about Mario, it was everything that had a dispute, the more popular cliques would bash the less popular cliques or new members.

I can name two other places with constant flame wars. The IMFDB (Internet Movie Firearms Database) forums, with SO many people complaing about anachronisms in games or how certain weapons were not used properly, and, oddly enough, the HappyConsoleGamer Facebook forums. I swear with that one you can't post anything without someone saying you're wrong and such and such or, as a good example, you post your gaming pickups for today and it's deleted for one of two reasons: It's in the wrong area OR it's the wrong day to post it. That's why I like the community here. People here go out of their way to make you feel welcomed here and there's no wars that go on here over anything.

_________________
Heavy Metal Will Never Die


Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:38 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:33 pm
Posts: 2411
Location: Somewhere between 8:30 and the color red
Post Re: I'll be Honest
SeanWolf wrote:
People here go out of their way to make you feel welcomed here

That's because the mods throw all of the jerks into the giant black hole we keep in our broom closet. :D

_________________
The best cymbal player ever has spoken.


JeffCvt is a copyright of jeffcvt inc. and not to be reproduced without the express written consent of CBS and jeff cvt.


Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 493
Location: Somewhere
Post Re: I'll be Honest
JeffCvt wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:
People here go out of their way to make you feel welcomed here

That's because the mods throw all of the jerks into the giant black hole we keep in our broom closet. :D

That better be registered. Unregistered black holes are against the NASA convention of 2626.

_________________
Avatar was drawn by Hukley
For the RP:
Draco A.
Stats:
-s:6
-P:7
-E:5
-C:5
- I:6
-A:6
-L:7
Calder: -SPECIAL-S:7 P:8 E:5 C:5 I:6 A:5 L:6


Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 am
Posts: 570
Location: my head, my computer, or outside.
Post Re: I'll be Honest
JeffCvt wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:
People here go out of their way to make you feel welcomed here

That's because the mods throw all of the jerks into the giant black hole we keep in our broom closet. :D

Can i see this black hole?


... I like Black holes, i think they're cool :D

_________________
Image
HP! Messenger
Image
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Image


Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:40 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm
Posts: 395
Post Re: I'll be Honest
No you cannot see the black hole because if somebody falls in, Rick will have a lawsuit on his hands.


Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 8:31 pm
Posts: 360
Images: 1
Location: Nowhere, Everywhere County
Post Re: I'll be Honest
Amazee Dayzee wrote:
No you cannot see the black hole because if somebody falls in, Rick will have a lawsuit on his hands.


No he won't.

On topic: I have never played a classic style rpg game. Which is why I'm afraid to go to the rpg forum.

_________________
Don't worry. It's okay to walk the paths of darkness, so long as you don't lose yourself along the way.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.


Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm
Posts: 395
Post Re: I'll be Honest
I'm still a bit shy about RPing with a group that I have't role-played with before so I'm still a bit apprehensive. :oops:


Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:05 pm
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6847
Location: Down Under
Post Re: I'll be Honest
Funny story. In march last year when I joined the forums I didn't consider myself furry because of what I thought being furry entailed and I didn't go near the RPs because my mind automatically associated RP with bad things.

Now, 15 months later, here I am, both furry and fully understanding the term, an avid RPer and a mod of the RP section. Once I started RP I was made welcome, just like everywhere else on the forums, and the RPs appealed to me as a writer and because they reminded me of the way I used to "imaginate" as a kid.

I'd definitely encourage you guys to give the RPs a go. They're heaps of fun and you don't need any experience at all with RP to enjoy them. There's a variety of RPs there to suit everyone too, and if you don't like the ones you see you can create your own! Plus us mods are always there to help if you get stuck or need a hand with anything. :)


Also, to those of you praising the forums, thank you very much! We do try our best to keep the forums friendly and happy so it means a lot to all us mods to hear you guys appreciating what we do. :)

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible ScruffKerfluff.

Image Image Image


Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Posts: 426
Post Re: I'll be Honest
JeffCvt wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:
People here go out of their way to make you feel welcomed here

That's because the mods throw all of the jerks into the giant black hole we keep in our broom closet. :D

You guys have one, too?

On topic, yeah, for the most part, it is a rather nice place here. I don't look at forums too often, heck, I think Housepets was the first forum I ever joined. And there are still only two forums I check. It is astounding how bad a flame war can get. Recently, a comic I follow tried a new story arc hoping that the sheer unbelievability of its topic would make it funny. I thought it was funny, but the backlash was both immediate and astronomical.

Yes, every now and again some members get a little out of hand, but it never lasts.

_________________
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.

Check out my DeviantART if you'd like: http://d-rock92.deviantart.com/


Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:12 pm
Posts: 139
Location: Louisville, KY
Post Re: I'll be Honest
Hey there.... when I joined, I knew what the term "furry" meant inside and out. Also when I joined I must've been gone for awhile because when I finally came back, there were new faces. People such as Deske, Herobrineharry, and Zdflion. Luckily I got back into the groove after such a long hiatus! :)

_________________
KA-BOOM!!!!


Last edited by InDaZone1219 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm
Posts: 395
Post Re: I'll be Honest
Well its nice to see that you are back.


Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:56 pm
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1498
Post Re: I'll be Honest
We try very hard to create and rather inviting and friendly place for folks to join, but it couldn't be done without a active modstaff patrolling areas.


Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:03 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.