2013/04/17 - The Important Details

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Frank

Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details

Post by Frank »

It looks like I'm the only one surprized by the surname "Lindberg". That kind of sucks
ntswm2 wrote:...as he sees it, their puppies would be therefore his as well (or his, split with Keene/the Milton Estate).
I believe the law on the matter (at least in the real world) is that the owner of the mother is the owner of the puppies and can do with them whatever he sees fit. This includes transferring ownership to the owner of the father, giving them away, seeling them, etc.
TheOne wrote:...it's apparent that HPU (Housepets! Universe) pets are bought and sold similarly to what happens in the RW. (real world)
Ditto. You might want to consider using RL (Real life). It's pretty standard.
yehoshua wrote:
Argent wrote: Also: Bill is looking buff today, moreso than usual.
I wonder if, since this isn't the old comments section, you can't get e-strangled by Rick. Maybe you can. Let me know if you're alive :3
I'll just innocently put this here
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Perfesser_Bear wrote:Unless Pete messed with Joel/King's DNA, it may not be a problem. Is @Silly Zealot wincing yet?
I have been summoned from the depths of craziness, and answer your question:
This isn't the worst "person goes through a metamorphosis, can't change back, settles on new life, and has children" story I've come to face (the worst one I read still torments me). That, however, doesn't mean I'll not try to crash this wedding. Here's the plan:
1) I find, by mere chance, a portal that throws me into the housepets! universe.
2) At the day of the wedding, probably at the Milton Manor courtyard, I'll sneak into the estate and when the guards and wolves try to apprehend me, I'll start hugging and kissing them all over their heads. This should scare them off, am I right? I am right!
3) I reach the courtyard and wait until the part in which the squirrel nun says "if anyone knows any reason for these two to not be together..." etc. Then, I will scream "OBJECTION!" and then say: "I'm offensive and I find this human! Besides, you can't marry that lil' guy until you meet his parents. It's the law! Or something...."
4) After that, I'll start throwing fish heads at everyone, which I would have acquired previously on the market, or the Bigglesworths' house.
All this will ruin the party and delay any attempt at marriage for at least six weeks, giving me time to buy yet more fish heads! Great plan, huh? HUH?!
Brilliant, man. It's so crazy, it just might work. Rave on!

I'd also like to know what the title of that "Worst metamorphosis..." story was, if for no other reason than to avoid it.
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

DingoVolf wrote:Image
canon
ImageImage
ImageImage
bhPixelFire

Post by bhPixelFire »

BWAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!

Poor King in the corner red as a tomato...

LOL! DADDYYY

Psalms 148:7 - KJV - "Praise the LORD from the earth, all ye dragons, and all deeps:"
jman552

Post by jman552 »

Oh God, I KNOW something bad is going to happen in this arc

PLEASE RICK DON'T MAKE PETE RUIN EVERYTHING

PLEASE

PLEASE
PLEAESEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLESAPLEASE!

:shock: :shock:

....Please?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Sinder wrote:
DingoVolf wrote:Image
canon
AGREED!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Poncho the wolf

Post by Poncho the wolf »

i hope the puppy is a boy
I'm shaken, but I'm not stirred
Argent

Post by Argent »

Poncho the wolf wrote:i hope the puppy is a boy
Puppies. Plural.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Render wrote: In my opinion the offspring should be named Cusky/Cuskies. As the father is a Corgi and the mother a Husky. Similar with the Liger (father lion, mother tiger) / Tigon (father tiger, mother lion).
Huggi would be great if King yould be the Husky and Bailey the Corgi.
Fanart idea!!!!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

ntswm2

Post by ntswm2 »

Frank wrote:
ntswm2 wrote:...as he sees it, their puppies would be therefore his as well (or his, split with Keene/the Milton Estate).
I believe the law on the matter (at least in the real world) is that the owner of the mother is the owner of the puppies and can do with them whatever he sees fit. This includes transferring ownership to the owner of the father, giving them away, seeling them, etc.
TheOne wrote:...it's apparent that HPU (Housepets! Universe) pets are bought and sold similarly to what happens in the RW. (real world)
Ditto. You might want to consider using RL (Real life). It's pretty standard.
Argent wrote:And, Rick smacks us in the face with the flounder of "you know, the Housepets! universe is kind of creepy" again. :mrgreen:
Right, I'm pretty sure Argent rather put rather more succinctly what I rather ineptly trying to get at.
bhPixelFire wrote:Poor King in the corner red as a tomato...
Would that be from embarrassment or anger? Both are kinda justified at the moment (see above discussion of how the Housepets! Universe is kinda creepy).
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Xane wrote:
Argent wrote:And, Rick smacks us in the face with the flounder of "you know, the Housepets! universe is kind of creepy" again.
Yeah I try not to think about it too hard because it creeps me out a little too much. :?

In that one-off story Rick wrote about one area where cats were domesticated, the King Cat demanded that his people be given respect if they were to become rodent control for the humans. Treating their offspring like a commodity isn't very respectful...
I thought the same thing while I read that, but I was also thinking:
We are humans, man, you think just because someone asks nicely we are gonna respect their wishes throughout the generations forever and ever?

I love a dialog from the Simpsons, in which Bart and Homer are listening to the TV in the middle of the night in full volume.
Lisa: "turn down the volume, I'm trying to sleep!"
Homer: "Oh, Lisa, if we didn't turn it down when the police came, you think we would do it for YOU?"

bhPixelFire

Post by bhPixelFire »

Both... but I was going for embarrassment... I CAN'T SPELL...WOOOO

Psalms 148:7 - KJV - "Praise the LORD from the earth, all ye dragons, and all deeps:"
Argent

Post by Argent »

Swedish Vallhund. A Viking Wolf Corgi.

[via Moon Moon's tumblr]
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
RainbowDragon

Post by RainbowDragon »

Well, sadly i am not so much of a Dog-type, I am more a cat-type. (if Grape and Max maybe some day ;) )

I think it is really funny that the pets are calling their owners Mum and dad o.o