Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
2013/04/26 - Shopping Block 
Author Message
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6227
Location: Florida
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
I want to know who the colorless grey pet in the background is. Also, when I saw the blue cat I was thinking it was Jasper! :lol:

I wonder what forward thinking individual set up a pet marriage registry at that store? :)

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:58 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16514
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
TheOne wrote:
I'm guessing that it is one of the film crew, judging how said white poodle seems to be disliking the petting. (note the frown) And since poodles are known to have tempers when provoked, I predict a scene in 3...2...1... (even if off-panel)

that looks like a smile to me.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:58 pm
Profile YIM

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 99
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
I keep forgetting they are being filmed, like in the last strip. Reality TV can be such a burden.


Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:00 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:09 pm
Posts: 9
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Katias wrote:
I feel that Pete's gonna be a jerk, and turn King back into a human on his wedding day x3 Specifically at the alter.


He needs King to stay a dog, however


Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:20 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 4:26 am
Posts: 26
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
that looks like a smile to me.


Looks like a look of apathy to me, a "Oh gee, I'm getting petted, again" look.

Also, I consider this comic part of the "Darker" side of housepets, all these pets locked up or roaming around trapped in the pet store despite being clearly sentient.

Right up there with Grape (Princess Periwinkle) being in the dog pound.


Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:29 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7743
Images: 0
Location: On Your Mind
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
That dog's grin looks awfully broad to be apathetic. = P

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16514
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
I think they're seeing where the mouth line disappears and don't realize it continues up to the ear

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:45 pm
Profile YIM

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:29 am
Posts: 31
Location: Marietta,GA
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Icalasari wrote:
Katias wrote:
I feel that Pete's gonna be a jerk, and turn King back into a human on his wedding day x3 Specifically at the alter.


He needs King to stay a dog, however


You know I'm not so sure Pete can force King to become Joel again. Didn't the nerds say something about that in the end it would be up to King if he was going to be human again?

_________________
This is me trying to not get sanctioned by the MODs again, shhhh they're watching me.


Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 649
Location: Traveling between multiple universe. I ether on cybertron or comicron 1
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Am I the only one who thinks that it's more logical for Pete to look for a different avatar then king? Someone who knows nothing about the game and thus would be easily pursuaded to work for Pete. Sure they might not have whatever "special abilities" or whatnot that king has but it would be much easier. Also it would create a cool conflict if FOX became Pete's avatar.

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Legotron123 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that it's more logical for Pete to look for a different avatar then king? Someone who knows nothing about the game and thus would be easily pursuaded to work for Pete. Sure they might not have whatever "special abilities" or whatnot that king has but it would be much easier. Also it would create a cool conflict if FOX became Pete's avatar.


Rick said, that at least for now, Pete is only going to go after King as he is his best shot to win. Though I still don't get how that would really work considering he had the choice of 3 Dream Sunderers in the same neiborhood two of which lived in the same house and there is very likely a city around those suburbs therefore lending him a lot of other possible candidates, likely other Dream Sunderes as well. The only explanation I can come up with is he can not pick anyone outside of Babylon Gardens perhaps.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2423
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
I still think if he wants a disgruntled pet, Bino is completely out of gruntle.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:42 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 649
Location: Traveling between multiple universe. I ether on cybertron or comicron 1
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
IceKitsune wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that it's more logical for Pete to look for a different avatar then king? Someone who knows nothing about the game and thus would be easily pursuaded to work for Pete. Sure they might not have whatever "special abilities" or whatnot that king has but it would be much easier. Also it would create a cool conflict if FOX became Pete's avatar.


Rick said, that at least for now, Pete is only going to go after King as he is his best shot to win. Though I still don't get how that would really work considering he had the choice of 3 Dream Sunderers in the same neiborhood two of which lived in the same house and there is very likely a city around those suburbs therefore lending him a lot of other possible candidates, likely other Dream Sunderes as well. The only explanation I can come up with is he can not pick anyone outside of Babylon Gardens perhaps.


I read that post I still don't think it makes sense. Like you said their are other dream sunderes out there that are more likely to work with Pete. Though i still think it would be cool if FOX became Pete's avatar.

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1267
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Legotron123 wrote:
i still think it would be cool if FOX became Pete's avatar.

Wow! That'd be a plot twist! :D
Silly Zealot wrote:
What was the first registry they did? Registry for the wedding ceremony or civil marriage registry?

One day, my questions will get answered..... one day..... *Sheds a tear and whispers*One day.

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 2067
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Legotron123 wrote:
Though i still think it would be cool if FOX became Pete's avatar.



So, you want FOX to serve a possibly malevolent and certainly dubious master?

Hmm... Is this fiction or reality?(!)

_________________
The Avatar is Kilo. He's a gentlemouse... "I am indeed, dear boy, and HUKLEY draws me perfectly"

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie


Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 649
Location: Traveling between multiple universe. I ether on cybertron or comicron 1
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:
Though i still think it would be cool if FOX became Pete's avatar.



So, you want FOX to serve a possibly malevolent and certainly dubious master?

Hmm... Is this fiction or reality?(!)


No I think it would be a good plot twist. Espically if king has to fight Pete's "new avatar."

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:03 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16514
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Legotron123 wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that it's more logical for Pete to look for a different avatar then king? Someone who knows nothing about the game and thus would be easily pursuaded to work for Pete. Sure they might not have whatever "special abilities" or whatnot that king has but it would be much easier. Also it would create a cool conflict if FOX became Pete's avatar.


Rick said, that at least for now, Pete is only going to go after King as he is his best shot to win. Though I still don't get how that would really work considering he had the choice of 3 Dream Sunderers in the same neiborhood two of which lived in the same house and there is very likely a city around those suburbs therefore lending him a lot of other possible candidates, likely other Dream Sunderes as well. The only explanation I can come up with is he can not pick anyone outside of Babylon Gardens perhaps.


I read that post I still don't think it makes sense. Like you said their are other dream sunderes out there that are more likely to work with Pete. Though i still think it would be cool if FOX became Pete's avatar.

a few points. King is a Dark Paladin, not a Dream Sunderer. I think Pete is limited to pets in Babylon Gardens because I think he needs a pet who can actually enter his temple. All of the possible dream sunderers were taken out by starting relationships, and the loophole for that requirement was closed when Zach freed Pete.
So because of Dragon closing every other chance Pete had at victory, King is the only logical option. If there were another readily available dark paladin who could claim both the youth bonus and the age bonus like king can, I'm sure Pete would completely give up on King.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:04 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2423
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
If there were another readily available dark paladin who could claim both the youth bonus and the age bonus like king can, I'm sure Pete would completely give up on King.
Duchess seems to be "16 going on 60".

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 1737
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
a few points. King is a Dark Paladin, not a Dream Sunderer. I think Pete is limited to pets in Babylon Gardens because I think he needs a pet who can actually enter his temple. All of the possible dream sunderers were taken out by starting relationships, and the loophole for that requirement was closed when Zach freed Pete.
So because of Dragon closing every other chance Pete had at victory, King is the only logical option. If there were another readily available dark paladin who could claim both the youth bonus and the age bonus like king can, I'm sure Pete would completely give up on King.

The more I think about it the more I realize how unnecessary it was to explain this. The only thing you need to know is that King is pretty much the only one potentially worth enough bonus points to face Tarot, and what exactly the points are, who cares.

_________________
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers


Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:47 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:30 am
Posts: 19
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
rickgriffin wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
a few points. King is a Dark Paladin, not a Dream Sunderer. I think Pete is limited to pets in Babylon Gardens because I think he needs a pet who can actually enter his temple. All of the possible dream sunderers were taken out by starting relationships, and the loophole for that requirement was closed when Zach freed Pete.
So because of Dragon closing every other chance Pete had at victory, King is the only logical option. If there were another readily available dark paladin who could claim both the youth bonus and the age bonus like king can, I'm sure Pete would completely give up on King.

The more I think about it the more I realize how unnecessary it was to explain this. The only thing you need to know is that King is pretty much the only one potentially worth enough bonus points to face Tarot, and what exactly the points are, who cares.


That comment alone makes me think that this arc is not going to end well for King because of the fact that Pete still needs him to be unhappy with his life (dark paladins are powered by discontent if I remember right)


Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
rickgriffin wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
a few points. King is a Dark Paladin, not a Dream Sunderer. I think Pete is limited to pets in Babylon Gardens because I think he needs a pet who can actually enter his temple. All of the possible dream sunderers were taken out by starting relationships, and the loophole for that requirement was closed when Zach freed Pete.
So because of Dragon closing every other chance Pete had at victory, King is the only logical option. If there were another readily available dark paladin who could claim both the youth bonus and the age bonus like king can, I'm sure Pete would completely give up on King.

The more I think about it the more I realize how unnecessary it was to explain this. The only thing you need to know is that King is pretty much the only one potentially worth enough bonus points to face Tarot, and what exactly the points are, who cares.


The bonus points must be massive then, because if he just needs one from BG so they can enter the temple why not just have Keene open the temple to pets in the area and have him find another Dream Sunderer not in a relationship that way. Since if I understand it right he only needed the loophole that Zach messed up because Tarot interfered and got the others into relationships so another Dream Sunderer that isn't in one should work just fine.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:40 pm
Posts: 244
Location: In my skin, in my house/car/dorm, in Wisconsin, U.S.A
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
I wrote:
I'm guessing that it is one of the film crew, judging how said white poodle seems to be disliking the petting. (note the frown) And since poodles are known to have tempers when provoked, I predict a scene in 3...2...1... (even if off-panel)

that looks like a smile to me.

...

I think they're seeing where the mouth line disappears and don't realize it continues up to the ear


The Original:

Image

I see a frown, and you can especially see it if I do this:

Image

There's not only a frown, but even the eyebrows look unhappy to me.

...but wait a sec...if I do this...

Image

...now I can see the smile, and it even becomes difficult to un-see it...
Funny how much difference one little line (or part of, or lack thereof) makes.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:
Though i still think it would be cool if FOX became Pete's avatar.



So, you want FOX to serve a possibly malevolent and certainly dubious master?

Hmm... Is this fiction or reality?(!)


*voice of Kent Brockman* "You are watching FOX!"
*Homer, Marge, Lisa, and Bart* (in unison, zombie voice) "We are watching FOX."

rickgriffin wrote:
The more I think about it the more I realize how unnecessary it was to explain this. The only thing you need to know is that King is pretty much the only one potentially worth enough bonus points to face Tarot, and what exactly the points are, who cares.


So... what you're saying is, that Pete will STILL go after King as his Avatar, but HOW he does it and what TYPE of Avatar he tries to get King to be is up in the air? (I'm not expecting spoilers, I'm just curious.

_________________
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...


Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 950
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
IceKitsune wrote:
The bonus points must be massive then, because if he just needs one from BG so they can enter the temple why not just have Keene open the temple to pets in the area and have him find another Dream Sunderer not in a relationship that way. Since if I understand it right he only needed the loophole that Zach messed up because Tarot interfered and got the others into relationships so another Dream Sunderer that isn't in one should work just fine.

Are dream sunderers that common? Maybe it's just me, but I kinda got the impression that there were only those first few and Dragon already took care of them. Which is why Pete switched to the Dark Paladin idea. :?

rickgriffin wrote:
The more I think about it the more I realize how unnecessary it was to explain this. The only thing you need to know is that King is pretty much the only one potentially worth enough bonus points to face Tarot, and what exactly the points are, who cares.

But some of us like unnecessarily detailed explanation behind the point bases of random in universe games no matter how little we really need to know to understand the plot :D

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 649
Location: Traveling between multiple universe. I ether on cybertron or comicron 1
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
I just noticed that whenever a comic features king, even if its just a one-off, will somehow turn to Pete.


he's manipulating our minds.

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Obbl wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
The bonus points must be massive then, because if he just needs one from BG so they can enter the temple why not just have Keene open the temple to pets in the area and have him find another Dream Sunderer not in a relationship that way. Since if I understand it right he only needed the loophole that Zach messed up because Tarot interfered and got the others into relationships so another Dream Sunderer that isn't in one should work just fine.

Are dream sunderers that common? Maybe it's just me, but I kinda got the impression that there were only those first few and Dragon already took care of them. Which is why Pete switched to the Dark Paladin idea. :?


I'm sorry but to me that would be way to much plot convenience that he happen to find the only 3 Dream Sunderers in the area that happened to all live in the same neiborhood two of which lived in the same house. I could buy it if only say Grape was a Dream Sunderer but to have there be only 3 and they all happened to live in the same neiborhood with no others even remotely close is a bit to farfetched.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:44 pm
Profile
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 950
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Well, I also thought they were restricted to the neighborhood pets, so that makes it less far-fetched. :D
Still it hasn't been explicitly stated, so I don't know.

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Obbl wrote:
Well, I also thought they were restricted to the neighborhood pets, so that makes it less far-fetched. :D
Still it hasn't been explicitly stated, so I don't know.


Considering that he could change Joel into King and not break the rules (remember Pete only broke the rule of tricking him and not letting him say his name, changing him into King was completely fine) I doubt that they would limit him only to immediate neighborhood pets.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:52 pm
Profile
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 950
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Well, at the very least, he moved King into the neighborhood.
Maybe it's just that having a pet in the neighborhood is better strategy-wise? :|

Regardless, he's going after King, so I guess we'll just have to see.

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 am
Posts: 631
Images: 1
Location: Deep In The Heart of TEXAS
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
rickgriffin wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
a few points. King is a Dark Paladin, not a Dream Sunderer. I think Pete is limited to pets in Babylon Gardens because I think he needs a pet who can actually enter his temple. All of the possible dream sunderers were taken out by starting relationships, and the loophole for that requirement was closed when Zach freed Pete.
So because of Dragon closing every other chance Pete had at victory, King is the only logical option. If there were another readily available dark paladin who could claim both the youth bonus and the age bonus like king can, I'm sure Pete would completely give up on King.

The more I think about it the more I realize how unnecessary it was to explain this. The only thing you need to know is that King is pretty much the only one potentially worth enough bonus points to face Tarot, and what exactly the points are, who cares.

Sooo... I guess the cosmic nerds story really took off, if not eclipsed the main Babylon Gardens centered story lines. King and his story certainly draws in a lot of curiosity from the Housepets audience. He's a very popular corgi right now. But I wonder what Rick is capable of? Perhaps Rick can develop a character with even more appeal than King?!

Every time we get back to talking about the Cosmic arc the gears in my brain start to turn (which is quite rare). What might happen after this ending of the Cosmic nerds arc storyline? Will a new power (not necessarily a cosmic one) arise in Babylon Gardens? Will there be more new characters? Will we get another human(-ish) character introduced to the neighborhood to supply a different vantage point? Could things go back to the way they were? Who knows, I certainly don't, but it's fun to postulate!


:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Oh and Rick, not saying that it matters, because it really doesn't HAVE TO since this is your comic/ your rules, but you did kinda sorta invent a game. Sorry if the whole Cosmic Nerds/ U&U scene is giving you gray hairs, I know it must be a difficult topic for you, just hang in there man. Naturally people are going to be curious about such a game, especially when the stakes are as high as they seem to be. Now i'm not saying that you should go out of your way to flesh out your game (plus i'm sure you're already fully aware of it's fundimental dynamics) but many readers will want to know more about it (even if you've told them several times).

_________________
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Image


Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:05 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
rickgriffin wrote:
The more I think about it the more I realize how unnecessary it was to explain this. The only thing you need to know is that King is pretty much the only one potentially worth enough bonus points to face Tarot, and what exactly the points are, who cares.


But wait a minute. :? Didn't Kitsune forbid Pete from "doing anything" to King back in Dog Days of Summer? I've brought up this point a few times when someone mentioned Pete going after him again. What was the point of that if he CAN do something?


Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:59 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16514
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
he can't directly do anything to King, but he can have his followers do stuff, including working to get him to agree to be his avatar

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:09 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
PhoenixAsper wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:
The more I think about it the more I realize how unnecessary it was to explain this. The only thing you need to know is that King is pretty much the only one potentially worth enough bonus points to face Tarot, and what exactly the points are, who cares.


But wait a minute. :? Didn't Kitsune forbid Pete from "doing anything" to King back in Dog Days of Summer? I've brought up this point a few times when someone mentioned Pete going after him again. What was the point of that if he CAN do something?


I believe he can't directly effect or contact King anymore like he did while transforming him originally. He can still indirectly effect him (as shown by stealing the watch) or have someone else effect him (like say have Keene mess with him) he just can't pop in and start directly messing with him again.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:11 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
But he also got in trouble for that. I would HOPE that for King to be his avatar, he has to consent KNOWINGLY, not through some tricky wording. He tried that before.

And what happens in this duel anyway? Does one of the avatars die on losing (NOT likely at all)? Is the mortal body that the loser gets trapped in the body of the avatar, displacing the person in it (again, NOT likely)?

Come to think of it, Dragon should WANT to lose: she'd potentially get her chance to be with Peanut. :lol: :P


Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:14 pm
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6227
Location: Florida
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Whenever the U&U game comes up, I just think of one thing.... what role is each pet? Like Fox or Daisy....

Also, Pete cannot MAKE someone become a role, they are already a Dream Sunderer or Dark Paladin or whatever...

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:23 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16514
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
PhoenixAsper wrote:
But he also got in trouble for that. I would HOPE that for King to be his avatar, he has to consent KNOWINGLY, not through some tricky wording. He tried that before.

we didn't say it would be through tricky wording. It just needs to get to a point where King would accept if Keene said "this can all go away if you agree to be Pete's avatar"

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:23 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
PhoenixAsper wrote:
But he also got in trouble for that. I would HOPE that for King to be his avatar, he has to consent KNOWINGLY, not through some tricky wording. He tried that before.

And what happens in this duel anyway? Does one of the avatars die on losing (NOT likely at all)? Is the mortal body that the loser gets trapped in the body of the avatar, displacing the person in it (again, NOT likely)?

Come to think of it, Dragon should WANT to lose: she'd potentially get her chance to be with Peanut. :lol: :P


As far as we know (as in Rick basically said as much in that Q&A recap he did a while ago) its a fight between the two Avatars (You know I have to say it I can't get over how this whole story line basically nothing more then a fight between two nerds over a game of what is basically D&D because of yet another game of basically D&D, its pretty high up there in the realm of dumb motivations) and the loser becomes mortal for a lifetime. I would assume this would be some kind of reincarnation of some kind as getting trapped in the Avatar would be rather unfair for said avatar, nor would it give them a full life.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1267
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
rickgriffin wrote:
The only thing you need to know is that King is pretty much the only one potentially worth enough bonus points to face Tarot, and what exactly the points are, who cares.

We care! WE! YOUR FANS! The ones that keep you going! Now dance, oh, maker of our entretainment sources. Dance, oh, origin of our discussions. Dance, oh, object of our adoration and devotion. Dance, oh, reason for which we reunite here and spend our time in amusing chatter. Dance for our enjoyment! Dance for our merryment! And, above all, dance, so that we will keep visiting your site and you'll recieve adversitment income!

Duster wrote:
I wonder what Rick is capable of? Perhaps Rick can develop a character with even more appeal than King?!

Rick could easily take another human guy and transform him into another housepet, only this time, it will be of the opposite gender. Now THAT would turn all eyes away from Joel/King.

Duster wrote:
What might happen after this ending of the Cosmic nerds arc storyline? Will a new power (not necessarily a cosmic one) arise in Babylon Gardens? Will there be more new characters? Will we get another human(-ish) character introduced to the neighborhood to supply a different vantage point? Could things go back to the way they were?

Next up: Aliens! Aliens who have their own talking housepets, or who are themselves independent animal-like creatures!

PhoenixAsper wrote:
And what happens in this duel anyway? Does one of the avatars die on losing (NOT likely at all)? Is the mortal body that the loser gets trapped in the body of the avatar, displacing the person in it (again, NOT likely)?

I conjeturated that Pete loses, gets turned into a parrot and, becomes part of the regular cast.

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:53 pm
Profile
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 950
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
King and Bailey are so perfect. They balance each other out :lol:
Mr. Grumpus and Mrs. Sunshine :D

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Silly Zealot wrote:

PhoenixAsper wrote:
And what happens in this duel anyway? Does one of the avatars die on losing (NOT likely at all)? Is the mortal body that the loser gets trapped in the body of the avatar, displacing the person in it (again, NOT likely)?

I conjeturated that Pete loses, gets turned into a parrot and, becomes part of the regular cast.


I can see either that happening or something like it. However I can also see Rick doing this: Pete loses and at the epilogue of the comic, Bailey has just given birth, but the baby mysteriously has Yellow eyes (or its eyes glow yellow for a panel) this is Petes mortal form.

Obbl wrote:
King and Bailey are so perfect. They balance each other out :lol:
Mr. Grumpus and Mrs. Sunshine :D


Yeah they really do balance each other out quite well.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:23 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1267
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
IceKitsune wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:

PhoenixAsper wrote:
And what happens in this duel anyway? Does one of the avatars die on losing (NOT likely at all)? Is the mortal body that the loser gets trapped in the body of the avatar, displacing the person in it (again, NOT likely)?

I conjeturated that Pete loses, gets turned into a parrot and, becomes part of the regular cast.


I can see either that happening or something like it. However I can also see Rick doing this: Pete loses and at the epilogue of the comic, Bailey has just given birth, but the baby mysteriously has Yellow eyes (or its eyes glow yellow for a panel) this is Petes mortal form.

Joel/King:....You?
Pete (As a puppy, grining): Hello, daddy!
Me: *Barf* *Fatal heart attack*

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1079
Location: Argentina
Post Re: 2013/04/26 - Shopping Block
Hahaha as I said before, the cosmic game, king's fate and grapenut thing will always be endless discussion topics. :lol:
Back to topic, I think you're thinking this too much, it's not like if Rick have a plan for every character of the cast to be part of the cosmic game. It's just as simple as it sound: a battle between Tarot and King. And after the duel have finished, the importance of King in the story will cease. I guess the new protagonists will be Fox and Sasha.
I doubt this could happen, but it would be awesome if Tarot and King are in fact working together (probably with the help of Kitsune) to trick Dragon and Pete by exploiting some loophole in the rules and make them both lose the duel and thus stopping their plans and the cosmic game itself. Then both would be turned into mortals and become part of the regular cast (as normal pets). Furthermore, it would be very funny see if King and Tarot are turned into humans and they'll have to be the owners of the nerds (really, it would be hilarious XD).

_________________
ImageImage


Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:50 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.