2013/05/20 - And The Sentence Was Going To Be Déjà Vu

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Gbr23

Re: 2013/05/20 - And The Sentence Was Going To Be Déjà Vu

Post by Gbr23 »

I think that this is appropriate for the occasion

ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Crystalwind wrote:Well, this in certainly an interesting complication. Now that Pete's here, all sorts of stuff could happen. Here are three of my favourite theories about where this is headed so far:
  • Pete tells him something about Bailey (maybe she's the Great Kitsune's avatar, or perhaps his own) or about something that he has to do.
  • Pete turns him back into a human, possibly just as a way of making him miserable by taking away his friends and his would-be wife (maybe as a step on the Dark Paladin path) or possibly so that he'd agree to be Pete's avatar.
  • Pete is just dropping by and stopping to chat, possibly with an agenda that, but with apparently friendly/only slightly mean intentions.
Given Rick stressing that to be able to win he needs Kings stat boosts Bailey being Pete's Avatar is extremely unlikely.
I agree the second one is what is very likely to happen because its basically what I pointed out but with turning him into a human to drive home the point.
I doubt the third one is possible given that it really does look like Rick is ready to wrap up the Nerds stuff and that would just drag it out longer.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Mon May 20, 2013 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

This remind me of "The Game." And you all lost! :lol: :twisted:
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Not if one refuses to play! It's cheating and how you win.
Anyone else think that Pete will wait a while and make king stress?
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Duster

Post by Duster »

Gren wrote:Image

By the way, I'm the only one who noticed that Pete have a fluffy cat tail instead of the lion tail he used to have?
I think that may be his wings, what with him being a Griffin and all. Course I could be wrong?
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

If you ask me though I think Pete has some hidden agenda. After all when Spirit Dragon brought up King having a girlfriend. After his court hearing in heaven he burst out laughing quite maniacally...
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Spens

Post by Spens »

I'm starting to wonder if going through with the marriage wouldn't somehow irreversibly thwart Pete's plans. There's always weird rules like that in tabletop RPGs.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm pretty sure this wedding is working to Pete's advantage, so I don't think he's going to stop it. He just may use it to get King as his avatar
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

No... NO... NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THE ROOF IS GOOONE!......... oh and Pete may or may not be here, thats pretty horible too... :D
ImageImageImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Of course Pete's not there.

His text isn't dark.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

I have a positive note about his marriage that it will go unharmed... On the negative, I see it as a part of Pete's plans. As it was mentioned by Bailey: "SO Keene's helping us for some kind of plan to make animals and humans equal, and not out of goodness of his heart?" Despite she doesnt know about Pete and she thinks its the program Keene and the other ferrets are involved in, I think that Pete's plans are subconsciously fullfilling. The racoon from "Oops I arced" said about pete's temple that it has the power to equalize all beings, wich is ironically, is even more similar to what Bailey said. Pete even acts that comfirms that's what he promised to mortals. Keene's gone owner himself probably knew about Pete and the legend of the equalization of all beings, wich makes more sense into the heritage going to the ferrets. XD Also, Keene works for Pete, and is willingly "helping" with the marriage, adding his ways to it, probably for money.

So, I think the marriage is more than safe, it is actually just a part of the promise in the Equalization of all beings. But its just my own Theory. Or is it?
Prepare for unforeseen consequences!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Crystalwind wrote: Also, I noticed something. This page, the first meeting between King and Pete, shares a remarkable similarity to the latest one. Someone tells him something and leaves at first, then he hears a voice behind him, and then he turns to see Pete in the penultimate beat panel. Then the alt text even has a similar format. I think this is mostly hinting at something to come in the next comic. That's the primary reason I think theory number two might happen.
I was gonna say that, but then I noticed this strips title, calling this whole scene a déjà vu. I think this is meant to imply tat, in the following strips, this story will go full circle and be resolved for good. I certainly hope the whole cosmic stuff continues!
IceKitsune wrote:Its likely just these two that I said above. There could be a third way but I can't figure out one without it dragging out the Cosmic stuff even longer, which considering the survey and Rick saying on Twitter that he figured out the last little bit of the Cosmic arc a bit ago, I don't think that is going to happen.
Okay, children, story time! Gather 'round the fireplace, 'cuz good ol' Eric's got a tale for you.
You see, children, when I first found this comic, a read seveal of the strips, but soon grew bored: "This comic is long and is all about cartoon dogs and cats causing mischief and pulling pranks, I'm too old for this and I'm bored."
I decided then to check the rest of the Housepets! site, including the dramatis personae page, in hopes that reading a few hints at upcoming events would get me a bit more hooked on the comic. Otherwise, I would stop reading the strip forever.

I was not prepared for what I was about to read.

"King used to be a human...." What? "....Until a mysterious gryphon like entity turned him into a dog...." WHAT?!!!!

I kept reading the character page of King, Pete, and the remaining characters, completely intrigued. When I was done, a determination came to my head: "I've GOT to read this!"

After that, I kept on reading, going with patience, and hoping with great anticipation to know all the details of the story. Needless to say, I got hooked with all the characters, and ended up day dreaming of living on a place as funny as that crazy, pet-friendly neighbourhood.

The point of this story is that, without the magical, mysterious, metaphysical stuff, this comic will risk degrading back into just cartoon animal antics, and become boring due to repeated use of silly scripts and obscure puns.
The things that catch the viewers eye are the new ones, with an inmersive world full of detail that can make the reader relate to it. Otherwise, this comic would be just a simple imitation of Tom and Jerry, among other cartoon shows. The cosmic nerds and their adventures should not end with Joel/King's storyline, on the contrary, they should be expanded upon! In order for this comic to prosper, it needs to offer something that few other works of fiction do!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Red Ryu

Post by Red Ryu »

Crystalwind wrote:Well, this in certainly an interesting complication. Now that Pete's here, all sorts of stuff could happen. Here are three of my favourite theories about where this is headed so far:
  • Pete tells him something about Bailey (maybe she's the Great Kitsune's avatar, or perhaps his own) or about something that he has to do.
  • Pete turns him back into a human, possibly just as a way of making him miserable by taking away his friends and his would-be wife (maybe as a step on the Dark Paladin path) or possibly so that he'd agree to be Pete's avatar.
  • Pete is just dropping by and stopping to chat, possibly with an agenda that, but with apparently friendly/only slightly mean intentions.
Also, I noticed something. This page, the first meeting between King and Pete, shares a remarkable similarity to the latest one. Someone tells him something and leaves at first, then he hears a voice behind him, and then he turns to see Pete in the penultimate beat panel. Then the alt text even has a similar format. I think this is mostly hinting at something to come in the next comic. That's the primary reason I think theory number two might happen.
Pete can't mess with King without his consent still.

He can't change him or anything like that until King says ok.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:Of course Pete's not there.

His text isn't dark.
It wasn't when he first appeared to Joel either. Also Dragons isn't green in We're Snowed In! Not that it really matters even if its a dream we know that when the Nerds appear in dreams it still really happens anyway.
Silly Zealot wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Its likely just these two that I said above. There could be a third way but I can't figure out one without it dragging out the Cosmic stuff even longer, which considering the survey and Rick saying on Twitter that he figured out the last little bit of the Cosmic arc a bit ago, I don't think that is going to happen.
Okay, children, story time! Gather 'round the fireplace, 'cuz good ol' Eric's got a tale for you.
You see, children, when I first found this comic, a read seveal of the strips, but soon grew bored: "This comic is long and is all about cartoon dogs and cats causing mischief and pulling pranks, I'm too old for this and I'm bored."
I decided then to check the rest of the Housepets! site, including the dramatis personae page, in hopes that reading a few hints at upcoming events would get me a bit more hooked on the comic. Otherwise, I would stop reading the strip forever.

I was not prepared for what I was about to read.

"King used to be a human...." What? "....Until a mysterious gryphon like entity turned him into a dog...." WHAT?!!!!

I kept reading the character page of King, Pete, and the remaining characters, completely intrigued. When I was done, a determination came to my head: "I've GOT to read this!"

After that, I kept on reading, going with patience, and hoping with great anticipation to know all the details of the story. Needless to say, I got hooked with all the characters, and ended up day dreaming of living on a place as funny as that crazy, pet-friendly neighbourhood.

The point of this story is that, without the magical, mysterious, metaphysical stuff, this comic will risk degrading back into just cartoon animal antics, and become boring due to repeated use of silly scripts and obscure puns.
The things that catch the viewers eye are the new ones, with an inmersive world full of detail that can make the reader relate to it. Otherwise, this comic would be just a simple imitation of Tom and Jerry, among other cartoon shows. The cosmic nerds and their adventures should not end with Joel/King's storyline, on the contrary, they should be expanded upon! In order for this comic to prosper, it needs to offer something that few other works of fiction do!
You do realize that he can do other exciting and dramatic story lines that don't involve the Nerds right? Heck he can keep it on the supernatural side as well. There is clearly a ton of supernatural things Rick still hasn't explored all that much; because really outside of the Nerds the supernatural has really only been touched on here and there.
gameangel147

Post by gameangel147 »

Really, he had to show up now?! He had better not ruin their wedding! On the upside this is probably the most dramatic time for this to happen.
Unless King thinks he's thinking that this situation is going to happen, in which case it might happen unless he thinks otherwise!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

IceKitsune wrote: You do realize that he can do other exciting and dramatic story lines that don't involve the Nerds right? Heck he can keep it on the supernatural side as well. There is clearly a ton of supernatural things Rick still hasn't explored all that much; because really outside of the Nerds the supernatural has really only been touched on here and there.
Complete agreement, I was just putting those supernatural LARPers as an example, but the supernatural multiverse of Housepets! can perfectly be explored in other ways.
Also, Rick should expand on the world as whole. Are all animals capable of intelectual thoughts, (dolphins not-withstanding)? Do ants talk? What is huanity's aproach to animals on each country and region? Are there animals with congenital mental diseases? Do talking carnivores really eat other talking anim- okay, Grape showed they do. :?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

IceKitsune wrote:

His text isn't dark.
It wasn't when he first appeared to Joel either. Also Dragons isn't green in We're Snowed In! Not that it really matters even if its a dream we know that when the Nerds appear in dreams it still really happens anyway.
They don't always use "god voice."

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

If someone is trying to claim something he's not, you gotta exploit the loopholes to every end =P

And now we anxiously wait for what will happen Wednesday. Eeeeeeeeee!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

King's thinking and thinking on
when he should be getting dressed.
He's mentalling up a gryphon -
the one that's proved a pest.

Pete claims not to be planning
yet another devious test
he may actually be deciding
just to wish King the best.

He wants the species equal
so the real one's prepared to rest,
and he gets closer to 'win it all'
when the wedding's blessed.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Dissension wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:

His text isn't dark.
They don't always use "god voice."
And he wouldn't use it in a deja vu.
Also, expect the next level of discussion to be brought on between Pete and Joel. *snap*
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

ah, we are reaching the climax :)

I like panel 2-4 where it looks like the curtain raises and the background changes to the jail... just like a huge play (or do I interpret to much?)

I can't wait to see how this ends! Let's go to the (bitter or sweet) finale :mrgreen:
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
FuturisticFox

Post by FuturisticFox »

whoo my favorite character has returned. :lol:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

FuturisticFox wrote:whoo my favorite character has returned. :lol:
No, King just thinks he has ;)
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

Prepare for unforeseen consequences people.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I really hope you're not being facetious, 'cause I love Pete, too.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Dissension wrote:I really hope you're not being facetious, 'cause I love Pete, too.

Well of course. If life's a pool of calm water occasionally disturbed by ripples of uncertainty from thrown pebbles, Pete's a boulder.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

RioluNation wrote: OBJECTION!! If King is dreaming, then the marriage never really happened.
If he's back in the jail's waiting room, which is what it looks like, then the whole King arc never happened.

If the whole King arc never happened, then neither did the last few years of Housepets.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

erm...erm.....P-Pete ? :shock:
PETE !!!! *tackle hug him* as much as I like and want king to be happy , seeing the my favorite jerk again like this feel so good <3
why does he look so......friendly though ? :shock:
Argent

Post by Argent »

GeckoZY wrote:
CheckMate wrote:No he is not dreaming about being a dog are the wedding he is dreaming that pete is going to show up.
No, every single arc from the point that king was turned into a dog was a dream. Pete is there to snap him back from his really long dream. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Compare the room to the room in this strip, and compare the titles.

I think Pete is going to offer to roll Joel back to the start of his ordeal as King, so he can get off with "time served" and let him get on with his life.

And I think King's going to turn him down, both because it's in character now, but also important for the rest of the characters: it's been too long for a "Dallas" copout where the last few years of HP! never happened.

I hope that doesn't mean he loses his memories of being Joel, because that would be like killing him. He'd be a different person without those memories.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Pete. GET OUT. NOW.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Timmie

Post by Timmie »

"Totally gross, dude"

I see Pete may not agree to this wedding.

Or he is trying to jerk King's, er... Joel's collar... ya.

The bottom line is that Pete never tells the mortal world his true plans. I think Rich has a surprise in store for us.

The stripe was about Peanut and Grape. the King/Pete arc is just a side line (rather big and very well thought out one at that). Rick has many different issues he can run if so chooses. Such as how the humans react to a dog wedding... in a church.

And why hasn't Peanut came in with some odd ball antic?
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

I'm really curious as to what's going to happen now. Pete appearing usually means big things happen.
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Because no wedding can ever go just go right in fiction land.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
flaremaster

Post by flaremaster »

I'm wondering how Pete managed to enter the playing arena.
He can't do that or do anything more to King.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Dissension wrote:I really hope you're not being facetious, 'cause I love Pete, too.
Totally gross, dude.

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Totally gross, dude.
yea i mean, first bino, then pete!? why is it that you love the characters most of us hate. i mean, next your going to tell us you hate fox!

though seriously how could anyone hate fox?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Argent

Post by Argent »

It's a good thing he's not there, he wouldn't want a BEAK punch from Bailey.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Argent wrote:It's a good thing he's not there, he wouldn't want a BEAK punch from Bailey.
Squirreltsunes don't have beaks. What are you talking about?

Argent

Post by Argent »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Argent wrote:It's a good thing he's not there, he wouldn't want a BEAK punch from Bailey.
Squirreltsunes don't have beaks. What are you talking about?
I'm talking about Pete.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Bad Rick! Bad! He's not supposed to show up until AFTER the wedding!