valerio

Re: 2013/07/22 - Going Double Dutch

Post by valerio »

Peanut's chest is soooo floffy! *scritches*
Liam

Post by Liam »

To Be rewritten soon.

The duology made over $800 mil and won six Oscars.
Last edited by copper on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Over rating limit
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You know the thing is if your are talking about the whole Air Bud franchise in general (including the spin offs) there are actually 13 of them with a 14th about to be made.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Not in Gallifrax.

There the producers asked themselves "What would it really be like to be Buddy?"

He's not your granddaddy's Buddy, he's moody and gritty and doesn't pussyfoot around.

The industry here on Earth Prime should take notes, that's the way to do great movies.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Argent

Post by Argent »

Gallifrax Buddy doesn't kneel before Zod.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Liam wrote:To Be Rewritten soon.

The duology made over $800 mil and won six Oscars.
I think you have some sort of problem. :lol:
Last edited by copper on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Over rating limit
Feel my icy wrath!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Unlike in real-life, Air Bud continues to do impossible things after the third sequel like save Disneyland and makes special guest appearances on television of the Cobert Show.

He also became the back-up of Team Pro Star. Some say Bo Jackson, Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan could not save earth without him.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You know why doesn't Tarot just send Grape and Max to the Water Park while they go to the movies? Did Tarot plan on paying for all of them? Considering the amount of money Pets usually have that is unlikely so Grape and Max had to bring there own. So why not just tell them where it is and meet up later? Its not a perfect solution but its a pretty good one.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

IceKitsune wrote:You know why doesn't Tarot just send Grape and Max to the Water Park while they go to the movies? Did Tarot plan on paying for all of them? Considering the amount of money Pets usually have that is unlikely so Grape and Max had to bring there own. So why not just tell them where it is and meet up later? Its not a perfect solution but its a pretty good one.

Because then there would be no story =P
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Gamewolf67 wrote:I think you have some sort of problem. :lol:
Lone Ranger, Man of Steel and the whole rest are my problem.

That said, good grief does Tarot look cute. :shock:
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Second panel Peanut? Loves it.
And dang it, I was looking forward to that waterpark. Sadface :(.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Gren

Post by Gren »

TinFoilHats wrote:Second panel Peanut? Loves it.
And dang it, I was looking forward to that waterpark. Sadface :(.
Don't worry, I still think we'll see that waterpark at any time. ;)
By the way, I know this probably is not gonna happen but I have the theory that Peanut and Tarot will have a fight because of Grape. She is gonna get frustrated because Peanut spends all the time worrying for Grape instead of focusing in their date. Then, at the end of the arc, Grape realizes that she ruined Tarot's date and then she'll have to swallow her pride and apologize with her.
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Gren wrote: By the way, I know this probably is not gonna happen but I have the theory that Peanut and Tarot will have a fight because of Grape. She is gonna get frustrated because Peanut spends all the time worrying for Grape instead of focusing in their date. Then, at the end of the arc, Grape realizes that she ruined Tarot's date and then she'll have to swallow her pride and apologize with her.
I actually agree with you on both accounts, that it likely won't happen, but Peanut worrying about Grape so much that it ruins the date (and maybe them getting into an argument about it) is a possibility and maybe Rick will surprise us and actually do it. As I said in another post in this topic I could see the arc splitting in two, switching off of following Grape and Max (likely complaining about Tarot and stuff) and an increasingly worried Peanut with Tarot and their failing date. Again as I said I agree with you that its not really likely to happen but its possible.
bhPixelFire

Post by bhPixelFire »

I CALL DIBS ON ADORABLE PEANUT ICON

Psalms 148:7 - KJV - "Praise the LORD from the earth, all ye dragons, and all deeps:"
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

but, Grape... It's AIR BUD, C'mon!
I don't care I'm out!
But-
No!
Help MEEEEEEE

What happened to my legs?!
Pawhs pls~ (don't hate .-.)
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Tatsuo wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:You know why doesn't Tarot just send Grape and Max to the Water Park while they go to the movies? Did Tarot plan on paying for all of them? Considering the amount of money Pets usually have that is unlikely so Grape and Max had to bring there own. So why not just tell them where it is and meet up later? Its not a perfect solution but its a pretty good one.

Because then there would be no story =P
:shock: ........GENIUS! :o :o :o
ImageImageImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

IceKitsune wrote:
Gren wrote: By the way, I know this probably is not gonna happen but I have the theory that Peanut and Tarot will have a fight because of Grape. She is gonna get frustrated because Peanut spends all the time worrying for Grape instead of focusing in their date. Then, at the end of the arc, Grape realizes that she ruined Tarot's date and then she'll have to swallow her pride and apologize with her.
I actually agree with you on both accounts, that it likely won't happen, but Peanut worrying about Grape so much that it ruins the date (and maybe them getting into an argument about it) is a possibility and maybe Rick will surprise us and actually do it. As I said in another post in this topic I could see the arc splitting in two, switching off of following Grape and Max (likely complaining about Tarot and stuff) and an increasingly worried Peanut with Tarot and their failing date. Again as I said I agree with you that its not really likely to happen but its possible.

I would say the idea might not be too far off for sure since I think one of the themes of this arc is about whether their relationships could last through some of the bizarre things that goes on through their lives. Tarot and Max seem to be a clear case to me of an example of when magic and modern world thinking collide. With the way Max continuously complains about what goes on here, I think the idea here is to see if this double date can be enjoyed with both parties coming to a mutual agreement in the end. Afterall, if Peanut and Grape start to worry something is wrong, it likely would be a sign that all four of them haven't worked out the relationship problems between one another.

At this point, I think it would be, in my opinion, a good twist if this arc was about Max and Tarot starting to realize their differences are causing some unusual unrest between Peanut and Grape. Knowing that Peanut and Grape are worried about one another would be a interesting sign by Max and Tarot that they mightbe getting too selfish with their dates. Of course they want to be alone for most of their dates, but if they brought someone along that was important to them, they can make things a lot more better by improving their circumstances as well for one another. There mightbe some slight conflict, but if Max and Tarot really want to keep their dates happy, they should remember that Peanut and Grape are just as close to one another as they are to them.
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

I agree with GameCobra,
I think there will defiantly be that conflict with in each couple and cause Max and Tarot to kinda go 'Well hold on a sec'. Either Max/Tarot or Peanut/Grape are in the right or wrong and it will depend on how Rick spins it on the outcome of who apologies to who.

Will he spin it that Max and Tarot are being selfish or is he gonna spin it that Peanut and Grape should be spending time with their dates and being happy with them rather than making them feel left out.

As I say, I think this could go either way but the conflict will happen in some shape or form which would probably cause the guilty party to go 'Oof I dun goofed' and apologise which would cause the other party to admit they we also in the wrong.
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Perhaps it is more of a possibility then I thought, I really hope it is that really would be a very interesting way to go with the arc. If it does go that way I think Laxan is right we really could see the ending go two different ways. One where Tarot apologize for being a bit selfish with Peanut and Max apologizes for being grumpy and complaining the whole time (though I could see Max not apologizing at all, he doesn't have much to apologize for yet really).

It could also go, and given Tarots line at the end of this strip I think this way is more likely, that its spun that Grape and Peanut need to let each other go and that they just aren't going to be able to do stuff together as much anymore and they need to accept that. I really could see this one at least tried; again mostly due to Tarots line from this strip, though someone (very likely Grape) could counter it by using the other example above. (that Tarot is being a bit selfish with Peanut and Max whines to much) The one thing that makes me doubt the second outcome (at least without the rebuttal from Grape or someone) is that it feels a little too "mean spirited" (for lack of a better term right now) for the comic.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I can't help but keep looking at the emphasis Tarot put on the word "daddy".
Argent

Post by Argent »

Kitch wrote:I can't help but keep looking at the emphasis Tarot put on the word "daddy".
You think we could have stubby legged puppies soon?

PokeartKid

Post by PokeartKid »

Hm... I think it may still be the same town, just a different verse. So we might see some more of the HP cast turned quadruped...

I also want Apollo to make a cameo, seems appropriate.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Gren wrote:By the way, I know this probably is not gonna happen but I have the theory that Peanut and Tarot will have a fight because of Grape. She is gonna get frustrated because Peanut spends all the time worrying for Grape instead of focusing in their date. Then, at the end of the arc, Grape realizes that she ruined Tarot's date and then she'll have to swallow her pride and apologize with her.
GameCobra wrote:I would say the idea might not be too far off for sure since I think one of the themes of this arc is about whether their relationships could last through some of the bizarre things that goes on through their lives. Tarot and Max seem to be a clear case to me of an example of when magic and modern world thinking collide. With the way Max continuously complains about what goes on here, I think the idea here is to see if this double date can be enjoyed with both parties coming to a mutual agreement in the end. Afterall, if Peanut and Grape start to worry something is wrong, it likely would be a sign that all four of them haven't worked out the relationship problems between one another.
Well given that Rick said in an interview that he left the Peanut and Grape arcs "not completely finished" I could see this happening too. (I feel like I said this before)
IceKitsune wrote:The one thing that makes me doubt the second outcome (at least without the rebuttal from Grape or someone) is that it feels a little too "mean spirited" (for lack of a better term right now) for the comic.
I think the only way this could get mean spirited is having Tarot (letting her frustrations get the best of her) yelling at Peanut while they're arguing saying "Look Peanut, I always liked it better when it was just the two of us dating! That purple brat you call a friend ruined half of our date, and she's not going to ruin it now! GOT IT!" and I definitely know that will never happen.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

PokeartKid wrote:Hm... I think it may still be the same town, just a different verse. So we might see some more of the HP cast turned quadruped...
It is. Peanut even said it was the same town, but in a different universe in the first strip of this arc.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

D-Rock wrote:
PokeartKid wrote:Hm... I think it may still be the same town, just a different verse. So we might see some more of the HP cast turned quadruped...
It is. Peanut even said it was the same town, but in a different universe in the first strip of this arc.
But as to the second half of that...if we see other cast members quadruped, that would indicate there were already a set of four legged Peanut, Grape, Tarot and Max running around. The question being, would this world's PGT&M still be there now, would they have exchanged places with their counterparts "Mirror Mirror" style, or swapped bodies "Quantum Leap" style? (Wonder if this universe's Max would be as uncomfortable standing on two legs as ours is on four?)
Argent

Post by Argent »

GarrisonSkunk wrote:
D-Rock wrote:
But as to the second half of that...if we see other cast members quadruped, that would indicate there were already a set of four legged Peanut, Grape, Tarot and Max running around. The question being, would this world's PGT&M still be there now, would they have exchanged places with their counterparts "Mirror Mirror" style, or swapped bodies "Quantum Leap" style? (Wonder if this universe's Max would be as uncomfortable standing on two legs as ours is on four?)
Wasn't there a Spot(Superdog) episode kind of like that?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Considering Tarot invited them to this universe, I find it unlikely we'll be running into other characters of their original universe. Now alternate versions on the otherhand... but I'm taking a guess here that this universe more than likely has it's own unique cast of characters that Peanut, Grape, Max and Tarot are just guests in.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Liam wrote:
Gamewolf67 wrote:I think you have some sort of problem. :lol:
Lone Ranger, Man of Steel and the whole rest are my problem.

That said, good grief does Tarot look cute. :shock:
That is so true.
Feel my icy wrath!
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

Liam wrote: Lone Ranger, Man of Steel and the whole rest are my problem.
Don't forget "Smurfs 2", coming soon to a theatre near you!
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

GarrisonSkunk wrote:
D-Rock wrote:
What if everything that happens in this universe also mirrors the real HP universe, ie. The Tarot in Galifrax also wanted ti visit the other mirrored universe, making it impossible to meet their counterparts.
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

If I may cut in...

First, it's not much of a "choose your own adventure" if only one choice is available. Maybe the "don't do that" not being linked to the first page of this strip's forum was a joke, but it seems like it shouldn't've been too hard to add in a second link to the same page. Just sayin'...

2nd panel Peanut reminds me of a Dad in some tv show laughing at something ridiculous a kid said. But I forget which show...

Perhaps Max is "feeling the Earth hurtling through space"? And poor Rose Grape doesn't feel it?

Our cast now does hurtle through space.
It seems like a giant rat race.
Only Maxie can feel it,
and his feet, they complete it.
He trips like a great 'nutter' case.

At home old world was the center.
Around theirs all the planets did canter.
But here they're in orbit
of suns. And moons? Lore bits.
What Max needs right now is a mentor.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I am pretty sure that Grape face in the second panel is her mind shattering....
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

TheOne wrote:First, it's not much of a "choose your own adventure" if only one choice is available.
It is choosing your own adventure. It's choosing the right thing. And we helped. *giggles*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

TheOne wrote:First, it's not much of a "choose your own adventure" if only one choice is available. Maybe the "don't do that" not being linked to the first page of this strip's forum was a joke, but it seems like it shouldn't've been too hard to add in a second link to the same page. Just sayin'...
I gave you the choice to have a wonderful adventure. You didn't have to take it. :3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Sleet wrote:It is choosing your own adventure. It's choosing the right thing. And we helped. *giggles*
You guys are on to something are you Sleet? Image
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I chose to lasso Max too - so he wouldn't be left out.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
BassGroove

Post by BassGroove »

TheOne wrote:
2nd panel Peanut reminds me of a Dad in some tv show laughing at something ridiculous a kid said. But I forget which show...
Red laughing at Eric? (That 70s Show)
I don't ever remember someone telling me they got hurt from doing something smart -Myself
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

BassGroove wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Red laughing at Eric? (That 70s Show)
Not the one I was thinking of, but that was good for a mwa ha ha ha ha...
Whatever I was thinking of, it was from the glory days of b&w American television. Andy Griffith or Leave It To Beaver or something like that.
Rick, was your inspiration for that expression from something like what I'm talking about?
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Frank

Post by Frank »

You'd think people would be happier. Rick's finally answered the question of which movies don't exist in the Housepets! universe :lol:
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010