2013/07/24 - Back Alley Dining

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
BassGroove

Re: 2013/07/24 - Back Alley Dining

Post by BassGroove »

Argent wrote:What makes you think Tarot's powers all come from Dragon?
I'm not saying all of them. Just the ones that only seem to manifest when Dragon takes over. It just sounded a little more plausible than the pregnancy arc. But anything could happen I suppose.
I don't ever remember someone telling me they got hurt from doing something smart -Myself
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keene only works with (not for) Pete as his deceased owner shared some of the same goals.
The note Pete left Keene said "Congratulations on becoming my minion."
That thrice-cursed parakeetty managed to turn the tables around and turn the prmise he made to Mr. Milton into an excuse for turning Keene into another piece on his game.

Clever girl....
Kouri wrote:I'm not sure if she's actually going to lose them, but either way I'm sure that whatever she has to say has something to do with either her powers or the game as a whole and/or their involvement in it. It would be kind of interesting to see a side of Tarot that doesn't involve the whole psychic/occult thing.
Pete said, during the trial in Heaven arc, that some avatars are raised throughout generations in order to build up more and more power, meaning that Tarot may probably be descended from a line of of dogs that have been serving the dragon.

hmm, I wonder if Tarot has at least one man-turned-dog among he ancestors, Sabrina said that Joel/King's case was not unprecedented at the end of year three, after all.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I think she's just gonna propose to him. She's gotta do something for that bouquet she caught. :3
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

My own theory is that tarot is just going to tell Peanut that in a year, she will have to go. I think that when this game ends, Dragon will need Tarot to go and be her avatar in the REAL game of U&U...

Also, I want to see Max finally get used to walking on all fours.

Nice restaurant to take someone.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

copper wrote:My own theory is that tarot is just going to tell Peanut that in a year, she will have to go. I think that when this game ends, Dragon will need Tarot to go and be her avatar in the REAL game of U&U...

Also, I want to see Max finally get used to walking on all fours.

Nice restaurant to take someone.
I actually asked this question to Rick in that Q&A thing he did a bit ago. The two games aren't linked (the other game takes place in a completely different universe then the HP! one) and the Avatars are not brought over to the main game, they are used for this duel only. They have other Avatars or at least something equivalent in the other game.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

copper wrote:My own theory is that tarot is just going to tell Peanut that in a year, she will have to go. I think that when this game ends, Dragon will need Tarot to go and be her avatar in the REAL game of U&U...
*facedesk* ...Now why didn't I think of that? Forgot about Pete in one year. X'3
IceKitsune wrote:I actually asked this question to Rick in that Q&A thing he did a bit ago. The two games aren't linked (the other game takes place in a completely different universe then the HP! one) and the Avatars are not brought over to the main game, they are used for this duel only. They have other Avatars or at least something equivalent in the other game.
I think, however, thanks to this new information, that Tarot might actually have to do something up until the end of game and instead will be leaving for something until that time. Knowing Peanut, he'll understand... but I wonder what Grape thinks?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

BassGroove wrote:
I'm not saying all of them. Just the ones that only seem to manifest when Dragon takes over. It just sounded a little more plausible than the pregnancy arc. But anything could happen I suppose.
Well, Tarot only sees the future because of her connection with spirits which probably relies on her connection w/ spirit dragon (unless she managed to find a spirit signal away from one of those gypsy orbs). But your right, the other powers are completely from Spirit Dragon.
ImageImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Well, Tarot only sees the future because of her connection with spirits which probably relies on her connection w/ spirit dragon (unless she managed to find a spirit signal away from one of those gypsy orbs). But your right, the other powers are completely from Spirit Dragon.
She's referred to spirits, plural, in the past... so she probably doesn't depend solely on Dragon.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Gren wrote:My first thought was the same I had at the end of the previous King's arc. I think Tarot has been dating with Karishad and now she's breaking up with Peanut.
Since Karishad is active in the forums, we can simply ask him. :mrgreen:

Karishad, are you in a relationship with Tarot?
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
shane b.

Post by shane b. »

Wonder what Grape and Max are doing next :$ 8-)
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Somebody's attempting to summon the supreme fox!
shane b. wrote:Wonder what Grape and Max are doing next :$ 8-)
A guess.
Max continues stumbling and falls into a man hole. Grape attempts to help him and falls down as well. They spend the rest of the day in their personal "waterpark". :lol:
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Gren

Post by Gren »

I think I get now the meaning of the arc title, at least partially. However, I don't want to tell it yet because I'm not 100% sure and I don't want to make spoilers if that's actually the case. If "protocol" meant what I think it meant for this arc then surely we'll find out in the coming strips.

Edit:
Besides, the protocol could be different in gallifrax.
ImageImage
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Who here re-watched Lady and the Tramp?
Feel my icy wrath!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
BassGroove wrote:
Well, Tarot only sees the future because of her connection with spirits which probably relies on her connection w/ spirit dragon (unless she managed to find a spirit signal away from one of those gypsy orbs). But your right, the other powers are completely from Spirit Dragon.

I do not believe it has been specified which powers come from her being the Spirit Dragon's avatar and which are her own powers. I personally think that all the powers are within her, but that her connection to SD magnifies them and makes them incredibly strong.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
BassGroove

Post by BassGroove »

copper wrote:
I do not believe it has been specified which powers come from her being the Spirit Dragon's avatar and which are her own powers. I personally think that all the powers are within her, but that her connection to SD magnifies them and makes them incredibly strong.
They weren't. But even if the powers were still in her the whole time, she still wouldn't be able to use them without SD's help. Remember this is all assumption and opinion.
I don't ever remember someone telling me they got hurt from doing something smart -Myself
Argent

Post by Argent »

BassGroove wrote: They weren't. But even if the powers were still in her the whole time, she still wouldn't be able to use them without SD's help. Remember this is all assumption and opinion.
She has the ability to interact with other spirits than the Dragon: she referred to spirits, multiple, not singular, when she was looking for the remote.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
RainbowDragon

Post by RainbowDragon »

This is so much fun. Tarots dimension-hopping is a good plot-device for so much hilarious fun with transformations o.o maybe the next they swap genders or species?