2013/08/12 - Dragon It In

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Darastrixen

Re: 2013/08/12 - Dragon It In

Post by Darastrixen »

Gamewolf67 wrote:Choose Tarot! She's a dog and you can actually relate to her!
Do you mean to imply that there is anyone in existence that Peanut can't relate to? :lol:
Xane wrote:Tarot said this was about The Game but then turns it into a relationship thing. I agree with a few others that this was sparked by whatever Pete is up to. If that's true it just makes it worse to me because that means they're still using Peanut as a pawn in their stupid game.

Although I personally doubt that this is being motivated [solely] by the Game, if this is, I'm going to vastly dissapointed in Dragon... :(

That being said, part of me thinks that the reason they're in another dimension is so that it makes it easier for Dragon to manifest herself without Pete catching wind of it. He wanted Peanut as his Dream Sunderer because he has a lot of "imagination;" Pete could ruin everything if he knew what was going in here.
Xane wrote:I always thought the recap of the game with "off-putting figurines" was meant to show that even if the players seem to care about their avatars/followers (Pete and Joan of Arc, Dragon and Peanut), in the long run there's such a huge difference between them that in the end they're still just "toys" for the superbeings.
I'm going to slightly disagree on this point. Pete's a real, self-proclaimed jerk, and he goes to a lot of trouble to make sure that everybody knows it. But when his avatar in the previous game dies? He glosses over it, but you can see in his memories that he's weeping like a child (http://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/05/2 ... -lifetime/). That doesn't mean that he always cares, or that he cares for his followers as much as his avatar, but when he "seem to care," he really does care at least on the level of losing a beloved pet.

People can get really upset in a roleplaying game when their long-time character dies; they invest a lot in those characters. Imagine how much more difficult that would be knowing that someone actually died.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Darastrixen wrote:
Gamewolf67 wrote:Choose Tarot! She's a dog and you can actually relate to her!
Do you mean to imply that there is anyone in existence that Peanut can't relate to? :lol:
Yeah have you forgotten that him and Grape do almost everything together Gamewolf? :lol:
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

:shock:i dont think he will choose the dragon either .......poor peanut now he has to decide between them to .... what if he chooses grape ?
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Obbl wrote:I like what both options have to offer for this story, so I'm not sure which one I favor. Can't wait to see where this goes. :D
Gbr23 wrote:tough choice there ... #TeamTarot or #TeamDragon
I choose Buzz Lightyear!
metaecho wrote:Is Dragon a quadruped in this universe too? Its hard to tell :/
I think the dragon was ALWAYS a quadruped.
Ninkurou wrote:Peanut will NOT be able to decide, nobody would be able to decide such a important thing all of a sudden!
Ah!, But Peanut is no nobody! He will choose. Besides, women can be realluy headstrong when it comes to the desicions of men.... and pets, etc.
Xane wrote:I always thought the recap of the game with "off-putting figurines" was meant to show that even if the players seem to care about their avatars/followers (Pete and Joan of Arc, Dragon and Peanut), in the long run there's such a huge difference between them that in the end they're still just "toys" for the superbeings.

Honestly I think Peanut should pick neither, but Tarot more than dragon only because I think omnipotent beings just can't relate properly (unless she loses the game intentionally to be with him as a mortal).

Quadrupedal Tarot is disgustingly adorable with short legs, you just have to draw King like this.
1) I don't think that's Joanne D'Arc, given how that flashback is from a previous game, most likely played on another dimension. I agree that mortals really look like they are mere playthings for the cosmic entities. That's why I hate them so, so very much.
You know what? I agree with you completely and utterly. Dump them both, Peanut!

2)I think Joel/King going full quadrupedal would make him be reduced to tears.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Doubt he would choose Grape, but I do picture a humorous interruption next comic that gets a dog, a cat and a dragon trying to get a straight answer out of Peanut, while Max just sits there either offended or amused by the situation.

I still go by my original idea though ~ I think the whole situation will have a simple answer, and next comic is going to focus on a similar issue with Grape and Max. As for Friday? Tough call, but I'm assuming it will be some sort of reveal =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Marco

Post by Marco »

"Choice, the problem is choice!" All I could say is good luck to your decision Peanut! :)
Last edited by Marco on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

You know I just thought of something! I remember Rick said on twitter that there is going to be water and a park. We're already at the park, so how is water going to play out?
Argent

Post by Argent »

GameCobra wrote: I still go by my original idea though ~ I think the whole situation will have a simple answer, and next comic is going to focus on a similar issue with Grape and Max. As for Friday? Tough call, but I'm assuming it will be some sort of reveal =3
And next week, a series of one-offs involving Zach and the squirrel nuns vs Karishad and the zoo animals.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

Argent wrote: And next week, a series of one-offs involving Zach and the squirrel nuns vs Karishad and the zoo animals.
With a cameo by the recently reunited Alan and the Groundsquirrels.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

But it'll be certain that whoever Peanut chooses.... shippers are gonna be dealt a major blow. Just sayin'.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You know a couple of people have brought up Peanut and Grape having their little deal going on as well, and I just thought of something does Tarot even know about that? I don't remember her being told about it. What if, like some people here, she would consider that cheating as well? (IMO its not cheating)

This whole situation is kind of a powder keg waiting to go off even without Grape and Max getting involved.
Johnnaman
Location: In your backyard tree...looking at you right now...

Post by Johnnaman »

Saturn381 wrote:You know I just thought of something! I remember Rick said on twitter that there is going to be water and a park. We're already at the park, so how is water going to play out?
MASSIVE tears.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Wow, I see a lot of varied opinions here... But I see yet another option for Peanut:

First, Peanut declares that if he has to choose "now" he needs to know what the ramifications will be. Invariably there will be some reference to "The Game." At that point Peanut requires the full details of "The Game." It is explained to him exactly how Tarot became Dragon's Avatar, what an Avatar is, etc. It is also explained to him that his creativity would make him a good Avatar.

(Backstory idea: Tarot explains that she loved someone before but thought she had to give up that love to become Dragon's Avatar. She explains that she was wrong and it wasn't necessary for her to give up love... etcetera, insert mushy details here)

After all that, Peanut decides to "choose" Tarot as his gf, and also chooses to become a third Avatar for Dragon. (Or an additional Avatar-in-training, whichever is allowed. Can they have more than one Avatar at a time?)

Benefits: Choosing Ms. T as his gf & Ms. D as his (boss?) allows him to maintain relationships with both of them. Also it doesn't count as cheating if Peanut keeps everything G rated with Dragon.

Extra Benefits: If Peanut can use Mana, then he could become a holodeck without having to bother Tarot with it. (If he could do this for Grape as well... can anyone say "points"?)

By the way, I've got the Mexican Hat Dance stuck in my head... Oh well.

To the Dragon and Tarot he answers
"I just have no idea what to say now.
So I think I'll just lay down and sleep now.
When I wake I will say what I need."

As he sleeps the two talk to each other.
Dragon says "I love him like a mother."
Tarot says "I'll love him and no other."
Peanut wakes and he swears to a creed.

"I'll not make this great choice uninform-ed.
So I ask that I keep my mind planted
in the facts of the matter supported.
What happens next? Tell me indeed.

So the Dragon and Tarot both tell him
"The Game's the thing that makes us know him."
"Our opponent wants us to both forefeit."
"But with your support we will win!"

Ole!
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
YourRoyalCorginess

Post by YourRoyalCorginess »

Anyone else starting to think that this trip to the galifrax dimension was a ploy to catch peanut out of his element and force his choice, Tarot would have been aware of the dragons presence. The whole thing smells to me like a trap.
Also to those saying he will choose grape, that could result in a very upset dragon and tarot both leaving peanut grape and max stuck in the Galifrax dimension
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Another idea: Dragon is moved by how horrified Peanut was at the thought of having cheated on Tarot, and gives up on having a relationship with him.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'll take dragon.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

You want to know what's the surprising thing about this is? Valerio and Gren haven't made a post on this yet!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Valerio is recovering from shock, I believe. Send him flowers and comic books!! :roll:

I would say dating a mythical dragon would be a conversation piece. Also, Pete and Kitsune will tease Dragon mercilessly for this if they find out. Just look at the jibes they sent her way during The Dog Days Of Summer!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Dissension wrote:She killed three people.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Gren

Post by Gren »

Saturn381 wrote:You want to know what's the surprising thing about this is? Valerio and Gren haven't made a post on this yet!
Hehe, to be mentioned alongside Valerio, makes me feel like a rockstar or something XD (Can't believe it, I exist! I'm so happy *tears* ) :lol:

To be honest, I didn't commented before because I'm a bit supersticious about the thing (you know, the kind of superstition that if you talk about you'll ruin it). Everyone knows how much I love drama and this is the kind of situation I wanted to see Peanut involved. My guess is that this will not end well neither for Tarot nor Dragon.
Saturn381 wrote:You know I just thought of something! I remember Rick said on twitter that there is going to be water and a park. We're already at the park, so how is water going to play out?
Well, if you follow the road you will see the water under the bridge. :P
At first I thought this arc would be to fullfill the prophesy of Sabrina almost drowning (that it was supposed to happen around next monday), but after seeing how this arc has been developed it's not likely that she'd ever show up, considering that she has not much to contribute to this debate.

By the way, third panel is so awesome. If you haven't read the whole comic before, you could think they are zombies or aliens. :lol:
ImageImage
Titanium Dragon

Post by Titanium Dragon »

Well there's a few things here.

1) Peanut very likely has no idea who Tarot OR Dragon are. Which is which? Can he even separate the two? The only time he KNOWS he was with Dragon was when she was in dragon form, but it is likely she has been with him several other times as well. And he has no way of knowing which.

2) This is terribly unfair given 1, especially given that he has no way of making a "rational" choice.

3) He really has no idea of what is going on exactly.

4) He has the whole thing going on with Grape as well, which could make this quite a disaster.

I mean, he does need to choose, but right now? He has no idea.

And it was very lousy of them putting him in a place where he could potentially be stranded if Dragon gets angry about it. Though given the benevolence rules (though Peanut doesn't know about those) she probably -can't- leave them there.
Gren

Post by Gren »

I don't know you people but I prefer this to happen right now instead of leave it aside for another three years.
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Gren wrote:I don't know you people but I prefer this to happen right now instead of leave it aside for another three years.
Well at best it could only be a year (actually less at this point) due to the deadline with King and Pete. Since the game will be coming to a close at that point and kind of make this whole thing kind of useless.
Johnnaman

Post by Johnnaman »

IceKitsune wrote:
Gren wrote:I don't know you people but I prefer this to happen right now instead of leave it aside for another three years.
Well at best it could only be a year (actually less at this point) due to the deadline with King and Pete. Since the game will be coming to a close at that point and kind of make this whole thing kind of useless.
Well Incidentally, Dragon is very agitated about all this and needs a choice RIGHT NOW.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gren wrote:At first I thought this arc would be to fullfill the prophesy of Sabrina almost drowning (that it was supposed to happen around next monday), but after seeing how this arc has been developed it's not likely that she'd ever show up, considering that she has not much to contribute to this debate.
One thing I can throw in, though I also don't truly believe she will show up as well, is that she maybe tailing Grape and Max the same way S.Dragon has been tailing Peanut and Tarot. I don't picture Sabrina being the type that would follow Maxwell, but unless she's concerned about something, it's slightly possible she may show up.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I have a feeling that Sabrina almost drowning is one of those things we just aren't going to see (like a lot of Peanut and Tarots stuff and everything with Dragon and Peanut ect.) they will likely learn about it happening when they return from the trip. However, to give an alternate take on it Dragon or Tarot are angry/sad after Peanuts choice when they get back home and Sabrina asks them about it. One of them does it by teleporting her into a bunch of water or something to that effect in frustration.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey Rick: Do a Spot (superdog) comic Wednesday.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Peanut will choose Dragon.

Will still get to be with Tarot, since she is Dragons avatar.

If he chooses Tarot, he will not get to travel thru different universes anymore.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Johnnaman

Post by Johnnaman »

IceKitsune wrote:I have a feeling that Sabrina almost drowning is one of those things we just aren't going to see (like a lot of Peanut and Tarots stuff and everything with Dragon and Peanut ect.) they will likely learn about it happening when they return from the trip. However, to give an alternate take on it Dragon or Tarot are angry/sad after Peanuts choice when they get back home and Sabrina asks them about it. One of them does it by teleporting her into a bunch of water or something to that effect in frustration.
And thus the waterpark comes into play. :roll:
Sleet wrote:Hey Rick: Do a Spot (superdog) comic Wednesday.
I second this.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

"This post is evil, I tell ya. Evil. Evil! Eeeeevvilllll!"
"Cobra, you say that about all the posts."
"I just want attention :("
Johnnaman

Post by Johnnaman »

I also noticed that Dragon's Horns changed.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Johnnaman wrote:I also noticed that Dragon's Horns changed.
It could be to do with anxiety. "Ooh, I hope Peanut chooses me-ee!"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

I think Peanut's choice is clear here....

He needs to play dead! Dogs have training in that, right?
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Saber-Sonic

Post by Saber-Sonic »

man i see a lot of good opinions and i gota say peanut chose the dragon i mean come on man just look at her.
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

One does not simply choose Tarot and doesn't get crushed by Dragon! ;)
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Dragon does not look happy. But then you wouldn't want to make Tarot sad either, though she is less likely to crush/eat you. I'm not sure how the breakup with Max would go but I bet it involves a boot. So that's three possibilities. Poor peanut though, having this thrown at him so quickly and with little time to think. :|
One does not simply use a meme Hukley. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Argent

Post by Argent »

As it turns out, one does simply walk into Mordor.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

OBJECTION!
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Alucai Vivorvel

Post by Alucai Vivorvel »

*completely skips past the rest of the thread*

I feel kinda bad for saying this, but I'm really looking forward to what happens next. That was totally unexpected and this comic needed some good hard drama.

Of course, Dragon looks like she's about ready to kill something if she doesn't get the answer she wants.

...I am so glad I'm not Peanut. :shock:
bhPixelFire

Post by bhPixelFire »

Peanut. Keep Tarot.

She's good for you.

And in the likely event that dragon becomes single...
I will take her!

I've always loved her. She's pretty and cute.
*shrugs* I find female dragons beautiful.

And she is no edception.

Psalms 148:7 - KJV - "Praise the LORD from the earth, all ye dragons, and all deeps:"