2013/08/23 - The One You're With

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Re: 2013/08/23 - The One You're With

Post by Foxstar »

I have no idea what is going to happen, but I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

...Guys, what makes you think Max is referring solely to Grape? Think about it: who was the first person to abandon Max because he's "not good enough for anyone".
Silly Zealot wrote:Yupie for letting us now this really is a Maxwell's past exposition, however!
I don't drop hints to future plot developments when Rick says things about it in the Mod channels. I was referring to the things Max said on screen just now.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Rick Griffin wrote:[Character exploration for MAXWELL]
...Rick. I want you. get jiggy wit it.
Heh, very clever censoring, Copper Rick...
I wonder how many people saw the original post...
I know you did... ;) <3 <3
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:...Guys, what makes you think Max is referring solely to Grape? Think about it: who was the first person to abandon Max because he's "not good enough for anyone".
I agree completely, I think hes mostly, if not solely, talking about Sabrina here. Unless there was someone I'm forgetting here, but I'm pretty sure I'm not
Argent

Post by Argent »

OK, from now on any post by Rick Griffin gets snapped into Evernote.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

IceKitsune wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:...Guys, what makes you think Max is referring solely to Grape? Think about it: who was the first person to abandon Max because he's "not good enough for anyone".
I agree completely, I think hes mostly, if not solely, talking about Sabrina here. Unless there was someone I'm forgetting here, but I'm pretty sure I'm not
Um... Think WAY BEFORE Sabrina. Who was the FIRST person Max loved who left him?
This is much deeper than a romance subplot. I don't feel like Rick would do something as over-dramatic as Maxwell being this torn up over something as trivial as a girlfriend...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

I think I understand what Raccoon's getting at . Hm...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The tone he gave off immiediately implied he was referring to both Sabrina and Grape. Don't know if there were others before Sabrina and Grape, but the implication is that Sabrina either dumped him because he was being the way he was now during this arc towards Sabrina at a time and she couldn't put up with it ~ or Sabrina dumped him without giving much of a reason, leaving him to believe she dumped him because he was not good enough. Heck, he might still have feelings for Sabrina, just that he's finding Grape more enjoyable and easy to get along with these days or he's just trying his hardest to improve since they broke up.

@RockstarRaccoon ~ Abandonment issues would be a nice twist.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

I think , and now Raccoon's edit confirmed it , that Raccoon didn't mean that boyfriend girlfriend kind of love , but "the other kind"
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Um... Think WAY BEFORE Sabrina. Who was the FIRST person Max loved who left him?
Um... His mother?
Duster

Post by Duster »

GameCobra wrote:The tone he gave off immiediately implied he was referring to both Sabrina and Grape. Don't know if there were others before Sabrina and Grape, but the implication is that Sabrina either dumped him because he was being the way he was now during this arc towards Sabrina at a time and she couldn't put up with it ~ or Sabrina dumped him without giving much of a reason, leaving him to believe she dumped him because he was not good enough. Heck, he might still have feelings for Sabrina, just that he's finding Grape more enjoyable and easy to get along with these days or he's just trying his hardest to improve since they broke up.

@RockstarRaccoon ~ Abandonment issues would be a nice twist.
It just sounds to me like he's had a really bad night. After all he has been through tonight it no surprise that all of this came up to the surface. I'm just Impressed that he managed to face Dragon without even caring who or what she was.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Well, after being hurled into another dimension, forced to walk on all fours, been smacked around three times, have had his girlfriend save him a few times in one night (he is a prideful one), and then been rained on by some emo dragon teen, I might snap and reveal an old wound myself!! :roll:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Duster

Post by Duster »

copper wrote:Well, after being hurled into another dimension, forced to walk on all fours, been smacked around three times, have had his girlfriend save him a few times in one night (he is a prideful one), and then been rained on by some emo dragon teen, I might snap and reveal an old wound myself!! :roll:
Well said!
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

copper wrote:Well, after being hurled into another dimension, forced to walk on all fours, been smacked around three times, have had his girlfriend save him a few times in one night (he is a prideful one), and then been rained on by some emo dragon teen, I might snap and reveal an old wound myself!! :roll:
If only to rub it in their face. Probably what was on his mind initially. =P
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Um... Think WAY BEFORE Sabrina. Who was the FIRST person Max loved who left him?
This is much deeper than a romance subplot. I don't feel like Rick would do something as over-dramatic as Maxwell being this torn up over something as trivial as a girlfriend...
Well I don't remember (and don't have the time to look though the archives for anything, so maybe I'm forgetting something) him mentioning being abandoned by a previous owner and his owner now hasn't done that outside of the one night, which wouldn't lead to this kind of outburst. I guess it could be him feeling abandoned by his birth parents but you would think that one; since it very likely happened before he could remember anything and two, pets grew up with that happening regularly for an extremely long time, it wouldn't be that much of an issue.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

It is not mentioned in the comic, Raccoon's theory is that a previously unmentioned event will be revealed in this arc, possibly about being abandoned by his first owners. That is what I got from him anyway.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Or how about his mother? Like Max and Bino's owner used to be married, but they got a divorce and it affected Max.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

copper wrote:It is not mentioned in the comic, Raccoon's theory is that a previously unmentioned event will be revealed in this arc, possibly about being abandoned by his first owners. That is what I got from him anyway.
Pretty much this is what I got as well.

The way I now see it, Cats might not deal with abandonment or changing owners the same way Dogs do. Bailey comes to mind, while Maxwell and Grape are another story. Sabrina mightbe an exception since she seen a lot of things, but I could be wrong. We might learn more about it tonight.
Panther

Post by Panther »

We are in a world where all can happen , all is possible ................. This world is the twilight dimension

Good luck there , Max
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

IceKitsune wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:...Guys, what makes you think Max is referring solely to Grape? Think about it: who was the first person to abandon Max because he's "not good enough for anyone".

Well I don't remember (and don't have the time to look though the archives for anything, so maybe I'm forgetting something) him mentioning being abandoned by a previous owner and his owner now hasn't done that outside of the one night, which wouldn't lead to this kind of outburst. I guess it could be him feeling abandoned by his birth parents but you would think that one; since it very likely happened before he could remember anything and two, pets grew up with that happening regularly for an extremely long time, it wouldn't be that much of an issue.

Only thing I can think of was when he and Fox were petnapped as kitten and puppy and Max started saying 'I always hated --' when Grape got in through the window.
G'aunt_The_Overlord
Location: Arlandia, Vorru, Kanakra, Serus Galaxy, Dimension 7

Post by G'aunt_The_Overlord »

Max, you always know the wroung thing to say at just the right time! :lol:
RainbowDragon

Post by RainbowDragon »

Well, that is a bit harsh from max, but at least it seems to get the dragon to think an stop crying. I really, really want to hug her...~
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

"What would a GOD know about pain---"

*laughs in crucifixation*
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Technically that was Jesus that was crucified and not God himself though I can't really correct you on that since I don't know what your religion is.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It depends on belief system, but Christians typically believe that Jesus was God Incarnate, so Rydr would still be correct in that manner. But let’s not delve anymore into theology here, as Housepets has heavily implied that they’re all a thing in this universe.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was just surprised a strip from 7 years ago (and 1 year before I actually joined the forum!) had a new post in its topic.