2013/10/02 - Your English Vocab For Today

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Gren

Re: 2013/10/02 - Your English Vocab For Today

Post by Gren »

Gabi wrote:Or maybe he wants her whether she agrees or not, and believes he can force her by means of a legal trap.

Interesting... I didn't notice it was an uncommon word until I read the link to this thread. Then I realized I only knew it because it's almost the same as its Spanish equivalent.
Well, I speak Spanish and still didn't know that word till now. My ignorance has no limits.
deepskycyan wrote:Speaking of age, I wonder how old they are now??
Almost everything about the ages of the characters is still a mystery. The only thing that has been revealed (in Sabrina's prose) is that the lifespan of pets is around 40 years, 50 for ferals.
Also, it has been said that even though the years pass the characters do not grow older.

At least we know the age of one character: Duke (so I suppose all the ferrets are around the same age. Keene and Rock are probably the older brothers).

About the other characters, at least we know there's some age difference between them:
-Grape and Joey are the youngest (I estimate four years old)
-Peanut, Bino, Max and Sasha are around one year older than those below. (five years old)
-Fido, Sabrina, Fox and Bailey are around one year older than those below. (Six years old)
-Ralph and Duchess are probably the oldest. (unknown?)
-Tarot, King, Karishad and the wolf pack are a mystery to me.

Now I have some funny thoughs about this arc:
-We'll probably see Mr. London (failing) again in this arc.
-When Sabrina is about to leave in the plane with Jata, Fido will stop her singing "Love of my life". :lol:
ImageImage
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Gren wrote:
Gabi wrote:Or maybe he wants her whether she agrees or not, and believes he can force her by means of a legal trap.

Interesting... I didn't notice it was an uncommon word until I read the link to this thread. Then I realized I only knew it because it's almost the same as its Spanish equivalent.
Well, I speak Spanish and still didn't know that word till now. My ignorance has no limits.
deepskycyan wrote:Speaking of age, I wonder how old they are now??
Almost everything about the ages of the characters is still a mystery. The only thing that has been revealed (in Sabrina's prose) is that the lifespan of pets is around 40 years, 50 for ferals.
Also, it has been said that even though the years pass the characters do not grow older.

At least we know the age of one character: Duke (so I suppose all the ferrets are around the same age. Keene and Rock are probably the older brothers).

About the other characters, at least we know there's some age difference between them:
-Grape and Joey are the youngest (I estimate four years old)
-Peanut, Bino, Max and Sasha are around one year older than those below. (five years old)
-Fido, Sabrina, Fox and Bailey are around one year older than those below. (Six years old)
-Ralph and Duchess are probably the oldest. (unknown?)
-Tarot, King, Karishad and the wolf pack are a mystery to me.

Now I have some funny thoughs about this arc:
-We'll probably see Mr. London (failing) again in this arc.
-When Sabrina is about to leave in the plane with Jata, Fido will stop her singing "Love of my life". :lol:
What about Itsuki?
Gren

Post by Gren »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:What about Itsuki?
Not sure but he is mature enough to go college. So I'd say he has 6-9 years old.
ImageImage
Titanium Dragon

Post by Titanium Dragon »

Really, being a US Citizen in a case like this wouldn't matter anyway. US law would not recognize the contract as valid, citizenship or not, and as Sabrina is undoubtedly under US jurisdiction, there would be little which could (legally) be done. You could request extradition... but they'd probably turn it down.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Titanium Dragon wrote:Really, being a US Citizen in a case like this wouldn't matter anyway. US law would not recognize the contract as valid, citizenship or not, and as Sabrina is undoubtedly under US jurisdiction, there would be little which could (legally) be done. You could request extradition... but they'd probably turn it down.
Heck I'm pretty sure such a contract would come under international law at this point anyway, which I'm pretty sure would never recognize it either, so he has nothing to stand on and is basically here to kidnap her no matter what he does or says.
Gren

Post by Gren »

IceKitsune wrote:
Titanium Dragon wrote:Really, being a US Citizen in a case like this wouldn't matter anyway. US law would not recognize the contract as valid, citizenship or not, and as Sabrina is undoubtedly under US jurisdiction, there would be little which could (legally) be done. You could request extradition... but they'd probably turn it down.
Heck I'm pretty sure such a contract would come under international law at this point anyway, which I'm pretty sure would never recognize it either, so he has nothing to stand on and is basically here to kidnap her no matter what he does or says.
Well, I know this isn't the right thread to discuss this (since this is the thread of the previous strip) but shouldn't Sabrina's owner have the last word in this matter? Pets are not much different than objects in legal terms, so then Mr. D'Angelo has the right to decide if she can get married or not since she IS (literally) his property (therefore he have to agree to give up his ownership)

Edit: We have seen this before in Bailey's wedding.
ImageImage