2013/10/09 - Check Please

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
69eist

Re: 2013/10/09 - Check Please

Post by 69eist »

For some reason, I find Fido's mannerism feminine in the last strip.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Fido sure is looking buff today, even moreso than usual! ;3
Is this supposed to be a running gag or something?
Sorry, I haven't been around here for long, heh :P

Also, pretty sure I sympathise with Fido on this one. Don't think I would have said anything if I was in his shoes :/
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
thespartanpenguin

Post by thespartanpenguin »

Long time reader first time poster

Got to say I'm feeling somewhat bad for Jata, may be misunderstanding the situation but, to me it seems he waited an awfully long time just to be able to see Sabrina again. If reading correctly kept to the promises made, both because of the laws of his contry and own feelings. Chaps got to feel a bit betrayed, if he can wait a fair few years being well off enough to attract (I dare say many) who like fainting and gold rather then the heart.
Gets there and finds himself 'forgotten' replaced and lied too (I mean it's a touch insulting to grape if he thinks shes a he, sure he's going along with it to avoid saying anything rude to Sabrina)
And to cap it the guys just lost his farther

May be being a bit of a jerk but at the same time looks like he's getting a hard deal
Duster

Post by Duster »

Sabrina: Fidey, you got some splanin' to do!

Fido: ....Waaaahhh!
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Argent

Post by Argent »

69eist wrote:For some reason, I find Fido's mannerism feminine in the last strip.
Yeh, he's not looking buff at all. Sabrina, now...
deepskycyan wrote:
You got it. It became a sore point for Rick, and he threatened dire consequences for people who kept using it.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
ryth

Post by ryth »

i think grape will regain consciousness in a little, Jata left after all. :lol:
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

deepskycyan wrote:
That was a comment that used to pop up here a lot in strips with Fido in them. It got kinda annoying so now it's pretty much just said in jest.
thespartanpenguin wrote:Long time reader first time poster

Got to say I'm feeling somewhat bad for Jata, may be misunderstanding the situation but, to me it seems he waited an awfully long time just to be able to see Sabrina again. If reading correctly kept to the promises made, both because of the laws of his contry and own feelings. Chaps got to feel a bit betrayed, if he can wait a fair few years being well off enough to attract (I dare say many) who like fainting and gold rather then the heart.
Gets there and finds himself 'forgotten' replaced and lied too (I mean it's a touch insulting to grape if he thinks shes a he, sure he's going along with it to avoid saying anything rude to Sabrina)

May be being a bit of a jerk but at the same time looks like he's getting a hard deal
I feel bad for him too. A lot of people have a hard time acknowledging that someone can be doing something bad while still deserving sympathy.

See: the fan reaction to Bino.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
thespartanpenguin

Sleet wrote:
deepskycyan wrote:
That was a comment that used to pop up here a lot in strips with Fido in them. It got kinda annoying so now it's pretty much just said in jest.

I feel bad for him too. A lot of people have a hard time acknowledging that someone can be doing something bad while still deserving sympathy.

See: the fan reaction to Bino.
Aye, unable to place memories of other incidents of chars Perhaps fox, maybe king, but hazy memory
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

That doesn't excuse his actions of just dismissing all the signs that Sabrina is giving of not being interested. Even if he knows that "Concord" is actually Grape in disguise (not by name but by gender), then he clearly doesn't love her. Loving someone requires understanding on both parts, and so far all he's done is dismiss her feelings altogether. She doesn't need to explain herself because she's being pretty clear that she doesn't want to be with him. I had a relative murdered that doesn't mean I can start forcing people into marriage because I'm upset by it. It is a sad event, to lose ones father can be heart shattering...but what his actions threaten to do is break both Sabrina's and Fido's heart to make himself possibly feel better, which in itself is doomed to fail because Sabrina would obviously show how upset she was to be torn away from Fido, especially with the way he's suggesting, and even more so with the reasoning. Sabina must be miserable because of a threat that probably has nothing to do with her? To me that seems unacceptable, but that's just my opinion.

Really though I'm sure Jata as an individual can be a very likeable individual, someone we could grow to love and admire...but considering how I feel he's treating Sabrina I could never respect him.
Kouri
Banner Artist

Post by Kouri »

You actually make a pretty good point. It can really be easy to see Jata as being a jerk in this situation (he's certainly pretty oblivious to Sabrina's clear disapproval at least) but it always helps to turn the tables. He clearly cares for her quite a bit if he was willing to hold on to those feelings for such a long time and I for one would feel crushed if I came all that way just to find out that the person I loved had moved on, and was just giving me the run-around. He obviously has the charm (or looks :/) to attract a number of other female cats, but the fact that he still chose to hold on to Sabrina must mean something, right?

Then again... we don't have any indication that Jata wasn't having all sorts of flings during his time in Africa. Considering that he was okay with Sabrina supposedly dating Concord for so long... he may not have thought that much into having a girlfriend (or girlfriends) while he was holding his true love out for Sabrina. So it may not be fair to say that he was saving himself completely ...

Anyway, that's just speculation... and I probably shouldn't be assuming things until the comic says anything for certain. Either way, you still make a good point. As much as I feel Jata is going about this the wrong way, it's hard for me to outright dislike him... at least for right now
thespartanpenguin

Haru Totetsu wrote:That doesn't excuse his actions of just dismissing all the signs that Sabrina is giving of not being interested. Even if he knows that "Concord" is actually Grape in disguise (not by name but by gender), then he clearly doesn't love her. Loving someone requires understanding on both parts, and so far all he's done is dismiss her feelings altogether. She doesn't need to explain herself because she's being pretty clear that she doesn't want to be with him. I had a relative murdered that doesn't mean I can start forcing people into marriage because I'm upset by it. It is a sad event, to lose ones father can be heart shattering...but what his actions threaten to do is break both Sabrina's and Fido's heart to make himself possibly feel better, which in itself is doomed to fail because Sabrina would obviously show how upset she was to be torn away from Fido, especially with the way he's suggesting, and even more so with the reasoning. Sabina must be miserable because of a threat that probably has nothing to do with her? To me that seems unacceptable, but that's just my opinion.

Really though I'm sure Jata as an individual can be a very likeable individual, someone we could grow to love and admire...but considering how I feel he's treating Sabrina I could never respect him.
Perhaps he feels hurt by the deception, would be pretty aggravating if the person you just traveled thousands of miles to see, won't even treat you with the dignity pof the truth if she'd started out be being honest perhaps it wouldn't be a problem, And to him it may seem logical.
By the loss of his father I meant more that he could be desperate to find someone who cares for him because they care, not because of money or power. And desprate people do daft things
And sorry for your loss
Kouri wrote:You actually make a pretty good point. It can really be easy to see Jata as being a jerk in this situation (he's certainly pretty oblivious to Sabrina's clear disapproval at least) but it always helps to turn the tables. He clearly cares for her quite a bit if he was willing to hold on to those feelings for such a long time and I for one would feel crushed if I came all that way just to find out that the person I loved had moved on, and was just giving me the run-around. He obviously has the charm (or looks :/) to attract a number of other female cats, but the fact that he still chose to hold on to Sabrina must mean something, right?

Then again... we don't have any indication that Jata wasn't having all sorts of flings during his time in Africa. Considering that he was okay with Sabrina supposedly dating Concord for so long... he may not have thought that much into having a girlfriend (or girlfriends) while he was holding his true love out for Sabrina. So it may not be fair to say that he was saving himself completely ...

Anyway, that's just speculation... and I probably shouldn't be assuming things until the comic says anything for certain. Either way, you still make a good point. As much as I feel Jata is going about this the wrong way, it's hard for me to outright dislike him... at least for right now
Very true, I took the pledge to mean that they would act as though they were together and hence remain single, but may have read more into it than it meant.
The opinion of him could swing ether way, until the arks end. The posssible directions and outcomes are countless
Firenze

Post by Firenze »

That's a really deep discussion you guys are talking about, but that's definitely worth noting. Sure, Jata appears to be expressing childish behavior towards Sabrina, but you gotta be a lot more mindful on where he's coming from. Seeing as how he's from a different country and lives a pampered lifestyle as a prince, he's most likely deprived from a lot of experiences that typical people go through everyday (kinda what Kouri mentioned). Seeing as how he had lost his father, the only thing that Jata can fall back on that brings him true happiness is his childhood sweetheart, Sabrina. If anything else, Jata has done nothing more than to stick to his word and wait for the day that he reunites with Sabrina.

Sabrina, on the other paw, is already accustomed to the standards of her country and has a lot more knowledge and experience in relationships than Jata does, assumedly. But what does she do? She pulls off this deceitful act of having Concord as her boyfriend in hopes of avoiding this whole dispute. Although she did make this promise as a kitten, she should have taken the mature approach and confront Jata in the first place and told him that she can't be with him anymore rather than playing this whole charade. I know she's trying to at this point, but all she's been doing is dancing around the issue and placing down one lie after another... something that doesn't usually end very well under ANY circumstance.

I can understand how some of you guys believe that Jata is acting like a jerk so far, but who's not to say that Sabrina is guilty as well? I still believe that both of these characters are likable, but they're just making some really rash choices which is typical.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Jata's tail needs its own tag under the comic.
Argent

Post by Argent »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Jata's tail needs its own tag under the comic.
Like Marsupilami?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

EvanAierkan wrote:Hopefully Fido or Sabrina can think up a solution for this mess. Maybe just go for the trial by combat thing and hit below the belt, all's fair in love and war
hmm well he DOES wear pants i gues fido didnt come out erlyer because he was scard of him :| i wouldnt want to fight jata iether 0-0
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Argent wrote:
69eist wrote:For some reason, I find Fido's mannerism feminine in the last strip.
Yeh, he's not looking buff at all. Sabrina, now...
deepskycyan wrote:
You got it. It became a sore point for Rick, and he threatened dire consequences for people who kept using it.
But why isn't he mad now?
Feel my icy wrath!
Azsassin

Post by Azsassin »

Well I have enjoyed this arc a lot! :D Thank you Rick for the strips, and Diss. For the alt text because I use my phone a lot.... I wonder how this is going to end, and how is max doing with kevin? Oh, I also forgot about grape... She still out cold? :lol:
Never join something you can't quit. Join something you will stay in.
~Kevin Fan~
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Jata is still doing the things in his way, not mattering of Sabrina's worrying and feeling... It's not good against a lady, big cat. Surely has been a bad idea hide Fido under the table, he could explain to Java to have arrived while he was in the "bathroom". What could have changed if it happened so?

Oh, and Sabrina's earrings are back now. :P
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Are we forgetting that Grape AKA Concord is still unconscious? Quick Jata, give her/him mouth to mouth.
G'aunt_The_Overlord
Location: Arlandia, Vorru, Kanakra, Serus Galaxy, Dimension 7

Post by G'aunt_The_Overlord »

IceKitsune wrote:I agree the expressions in this strip work really well.
That sir is quite true! :lol: Sabrina's face is awesome in panel 1
Is concord still out cold from the shirt explosion?
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Yeah, awesome expressions here.
Iceheart wrote:Are we forgetting that Grape AKA Concord is still unconscious? Quick Jata, give her/him mouth to mouth.
LOL, in fact... Jata doesn't care neither about "him", especially about "him"! I guess that Grape will soon get conscious on her own.
RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

Iceheart wrote:Are we forgetting that Grape AKA Concord is still unconscious? Quick Jata, give her/him mouth to mouth.
*ahem* I do believe I said something similar in response to Welsh's poem.
RioluNation wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:I wonder if this is how our Maxwell
went and lost that chunk from his ear;
talking over the lovely Sabrina
and never bothering to stop and hear?
Jata's not one, it seems for telling tailsles
and doesn't care for our girls' wishes
to be with Concord. He doesn't note
the fact she's angry when her tail swishes.
He's needing a severe physical smack-down
from fabulous Fido, magnificent Max
or even the garrulous Grape. He's accrued
so, so many enemies with so many attacks.
He's no diplomat, this mighty cat Prince
and his immediate future? Makes me wince...
I don't think Grape has come out of her little "Jata Coma" has she? Maybe she has, I don't know, I'll just use my imagination. xD
Jata is so fixed on getting married with Sabrina. Fido, stand up to Jata and explain everything!
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
thespartanpenguin

Firenze wrote:That's a really deep discussion you guys are talking about, but that's definitely worth noting. Sure, Jata appears to be expressing childish behavior towards Sabrina, but you gotta be a lot more mindful on where he's coming from. Seeing as how he's from a different country and lives a pampered lifestyle as a prince, he's most likely deprived from a lot of experiences that typical people go through everyday (kinda what Kouri mentioned). Seeing as how he had lost his father, the only thing that Jata can fall back on that brings him true happiness is his childhood sweetheart, Sabrina. If anything else, Jata has done nothing more than to stick to his word and wait for the day that he reunites with Sabrina.

Sabrina, on the other paw, is already accustomed to the standards of her country and has a lot more knowledge and experience in relationships than Jata does, assumedly. But what does she do? She pulls off this deceitful act of having Concord as her boyfriend in hopes of avoiding this whole dispute. Although she did make this promise as a kitten, she should have taken the mature approach and confront Jata in the first place and told him that she can't be with him anymore rather than playing this whole charade. I know she's trying to at this point, but all she's been doing is dancing around the issue and placing down one lie after another... something that doesn't usually end very well under ANY circumstance.

I can understand how some of you guys believe that Jata is acting like a jerk so far, but who's not to say that Sabrina is guilty as well? I still believe that both of these characters are likable, but they're just making some really rash choices which is typical.
Couldn't agree more. Upbringing would have a huge effect on mindset, and right vs worng.
May be easiest to say at fault though for different reasons
You could say Sabrina is trying to keep her actual relationship secret and avoid upsetting Fido. Though it's a recipe for disaster if no one knows and they are turned down for no apparent reason,
Though looking at it that way Jata will allmost certainly know that concord is more of a concordia and would feel that it's a lie cooked up spesifaclly to turn him away, rather than one cooked up to turn tell him a half truth while protecting a secret relationship

But both chars are defiantly likable, and the decisions make them more real
Ruff0tter

Post by Ruff0tter »

Hello hello.
First time this otter has gotten up the nerve to post.
Um..
Hi I'm Ruff the albino otter..
Um..
Anyways..
What catches my attin most about Jata's actions in reguards to Sabrina is that really..
The marriage is in name only.
He already said he didn't intend for her to live with him permently.
This might be part of his succession rites for him and feels he would give her status in the states.
He seems to me not to really plan on removing Sabrina from her "love" at all.
A cute otter...with red eyes....ah a demon!!!
Oh wait he's just an albino.
Alucai Vivorvel

Post by Alucai Vivorvel »

I agree with y'all here about the expressions being perfect, because they are. Every single one of them.
I think that's always been Rick's strong suit.
Ruff0tter wrote:Hello hello.
Um..
Um..
Anyways..
What catches my attin most about Jata's actions in reguards to Sabrina is that really..
This might be part of his succession rites for him and feels he would give her status in the states.
Welcome! I think you may be onto something there, to him marriage means little, and, being the Prince of Feraga, he's probably used to getting everything his way. He likely doesn't understand that marriage in Babylon Gardens has a lot more significance.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

He should just meet Duchess and make that happen instead.

Then again I'm not sure his culture would smile on that kinda thing. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Firenze wrote:That's a really deep discussion you guys are talking about, but that's definitely worth noting. Sure, Jata appears to be expressing childish behaviour towards Sabrina, but you gotta be a lot more mindful on where he's coming from. Seeing as how he's from a different country and lives a pampered lifestyle as a prince, he's most likely deprived from a lot of experiences that typical people go through everyday (kinda what Kouri mentioned). Seeing as how he had lost his father, the only thing that Jata can fall back on that brings him true happiness is his childhood sweetheart, Sabrina. If anything else, Jata has done nothing more than to stick to his word and wait for the day that he reunites with Sabrina.

Sabrina, on the other paw, is already accustomed to the standards of her country and has a lot more knowledge and experience in relationships than Jata does, assumedly. But what does she do? She pulls off this deceitful act of having Concord as her boyfriend in hopes of avoiding this whole dispute. Although she did make this promise as a kitten, she should have taken the mature approach and confront Jata in the first place and told him that she can't be with him any more rather than playing this whole charade. I know she's trying to at this point, but all she's been doing is dancing around the issue and placing down one lie after another... something that doesn't usually end very well under ANY circumstance.

I can understand how some of you guys believe that Jata is acting like a jerk so far, but who's not to say that Sabrina is guilty as well? I still believe that both of these characters are likeable, but they're just making some really rash choices which is typical.
Okay my problem with Jata is actual concerning his upbringing. He is a Prince and since the borders of his country opened after his father passed away, this little slither of information suggests that he still holds a position of power, as such you'd expect him to be at least aware of the political landscapes of other countries, especially the USA since its a country renowned for sticking its head into everything. His actions suggest he's dismissing that and dismissing the effect it will have had on Sabrina as an intelligent individual. Unless he's politically ignorant which would be understandable because of the closed borders, but even so you'd think he'd learn of their culture and its effect on Sabrina before charging in pulling the "You're marrying me" stunt that's he's done. I mean at the very least he'd seethe diversity if people in the airport and how different they act, right? He's either willingly ignorant and blissfully ignorant.

Concerning Sabrina. Her actions suggests that from what she remembers of Jata's country, it apparently doesn't look to kindly on crossing the species barrier too much, they're willing to cross it slightly since he's a leopard and she's a house cat (unless Sabrina has some mixed heritage in her family?).

You see while Sabrina has been somewhat underhanded she's trying to save face. In the Housepets! universe its clear that the mere idea of a cat choosing a dog over another act (especially a fine specimen like Jata) is still mostly unthinkable. SO Sabrina could be trying to save his pride, because if the news spread what might happen back home to Jata if the people with power aren't happy with their prince? Monarchs aren't absolute, just look at Europe's history, the English, French and Russian royals to name a few have all been removed from power forcefully at some point. So like I've stated previously, I'm sure Jata as an individual is a fine upstanding gentleman that would be a delight to hang out with, sure he has his rough patches but who doesn't? BUT that's not what we're talking about here, we're talking about his current attitude which is coming across as treating a women like an object (which is the main reason I showed concerns in an earlier part of the arc about this being seen as a form of racism on Rick's part, even though I'm sure it isn't).

Anyway, Jata is being arrogant because Sabrina screaming "I was 6 months old" doesn't sound like she's happy with his train of thought. I mean Jata much be completely ignorant of social hints if he can't grasp that she doesn't love him that way (or at all if he carries on). I mean with the way things are going it can't end well, and it ending comically doesn't mean its ended well. The only way I can imagine this ending well is if someone completely new shows up out of the blue and is someone that's always been in love with Jata bit he doesn't know for some reason or just "prefers" Sabrina (which again would imply treating her like an object so I'd be against that course of action) and this will lead to some events where Sabrina and Fido, (maybe Grape to) will attempt to hook them up with some comical implications, or Fido and Sabrina's relationship being exposed, which will lead to them getting a lot of malicious actions and attitudes from the rest of the pets and can only end happily with an arc of its own.
Gren

Post by Gren »

It amaze me how people tend to read too much between the lines. The more scandal you make about this the more I think this arc will lead to a totally different and unexpected outcome. ;)
ImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Gren wrote:It amaze me how people tend to read too much between the lines. The more scandal you make about this the more I think this arc will lead to a totally different and unexpected outcome. ;)
Just as it usually happens. ;)
Don't you love this comic too, for this? :lol:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

valerio wrote:
Gren wrote:It amaze me how people tend to read too much between the lines. The more scandal you make about this the more I think this arc will lead to a totally different and unexpected outcome. ;)
I sometimes imagine Mr Griffin reading these posts whilst in a high back chair, petting a white cat and cackling 'They'll never guess, my pretty!'

My imagination is odd.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Ruff0tter wrote:Hello hello.
Um..
Um..
Anyways..
Welcome!
Feel my icy wrath!
thespartanpenguin

Haru Totetsu wrote:[quote=Okay my problem with Jata is actual concerning his upbringing. He is a Prince and since the borders of his country opened after his father passed away, this little slither of information suggests that he still holds a position of power, as such you'd expect him to be at least aware of the political landscapes of other countries, especially the USA since its a country renowned for sticking its head into everything. His actions suggest he's dismissing that and dismissing the effect it will have had on Sabrina as an intelligent individual. Unless he's politically ignorant which would be understandable because of the closed borders, but even so you'd think he'd learn of their culture and its effect on Sabrina before charging in pulling the "You're marrying me" stunt that's he's done. I mean at the very least he'd seethe diversity if people in the airport and how different they act, right? He's either willingly ignorant and blissfully ignorant.

Concerning Sabrina. Her actions suggests that from what she remembers of Jata's country, it apparently doesn't look to kindly on crossing the species barrier too much, they're willing to cross it slightly since he's a leopard and she's a house cat (unless Sabrina has some mixed heritage in her family?).

You see while Sabrina has been somewhat underhanded she's trying to save face. In the Housepets! universe its clear that the mere idea of a cat choosing a dog over another act (especially a fine specimen like Jata) is still mostly unthinkable. SO Sabrina could be trying to save his pride, because if the news spread what might happen back home to Jata if the people with power aren't happy with their prince? Monarchs aren't absolute, just look at Europe's history, the English, French and Russian royals to name a few have all been removed from power forcefully at some point. So like I've stated previously, I'm sure Jata as an individual is a fine upstanding gentleman that would be a delight to hang out with, sure he has his rough patches but who doesn't? BUT that's not what we're talking about here, we're talking about his current attitude which is coming across as treating a women like an object (which is the main reason I showed concerns in an earlier part of the arc about this being seen as a form of racism on Rick's part, even though I'm sure it isn't).

Anyway, Jata is being arrogant because Sabrina screaming "I was 6 months old" doesn't sound like she's happy with his train of thought. I mean Jata much be completely ignorant of social hints if he can't grasp that she doesn't love him that way (or at all if he carries on). I mean with the way things are going it can't end well, and it ending comically doesn't mean its ended well. The only way I can imagine this ending well is if someone completely new shows up out of the blue and is someone that's always been in love with Jata bit he doesn't know for some reason or just "prefers" Sabrina (which again would imply treating her like an object so I'd be against that course of action) and this will lead to some events where Sabrina and Fido, (maybe Grape to) will attempt to hook them up with some comical implications, or Fido and Sabrina's relationship being exposed, which will lead to them getting a lot of malicious actions and attitudes from the rest of the pets and can only end happily with an arc of its own.
They hid it before Jata turned up, so wouldn't have thought the hiding was because of him, and there is a dog dating am mouse in the comic
And people are never aware of customs, not even the small ones, you'd be amazed how few people say please and thank you in the UK because it's not the done thin in their own country, and thats an easy one to learn
Looks as though he doesn't care about the oppinion of others, after all he's already gone to another country breaking the old law so soon would be looked down upon no? Is she really thinking for others, or saving face herself.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
valerio wrote:
I sometimes imagine Mr Griffin reading these posts whilst in a high back chair, petting a white cat and cackling 'They'll never guess, my pretty!'

My imagination is odd.

I approve this notion
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

I must admit, Jata said something i agree with: marriage is just silly words XD Sabrina, When you meet King, slap him.
Haru Totetsu

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Which is why the comic and the community are awesome. We can talk about very serious things that could happen in the comic,even if they never happen. I think it either means we're all paranoid, or very intelligent individuals. Personally i think I'm just being paranoid.
thespartanpenguin wrote:They hid it before Jata turned up, so wouldn't have thought the hiding was because of him, and there is a dog dating a mouse in the comic.
And people are never aware of customs, not even the small ones, you'd be amazed how few people say please and thank you in the UK because it's not the done in their own country, and that's an easy one to learn.
Looks as though he doesn't care about the opinion of others, after all he's already gone to another country breaking the old law so soon would be looked down upon no? Is she really thinking for others, or saving face herself.
And the dog dating a mouse has baring on Jata and Sabrina's current situation how? It has nothing to do with it since as far as we know Jata and his country are unaware of that occurring.
I live in the UK and it happens quite often actually. I don't know who you've been speaking to. I know it won't really happen in London, because that place is honestly a terrible representative of the UK.
We don't know that it would be looked down upon, the nation might revel in its new found open border policy.
Well I like to give Sabrina more credit, so I'd say she's doing it for both reasons. Her own and Jata's, and she's a cat so if the stereotype persists (which Rick usually stands by to great comical affect) then she's probably doing it more for herself than for Jata. The difference being our access to information on Feraga.
thespartanpenguin wrote:
valerio wrote:
Gren wrote:Just as it usually happens. ;)

My imagination is odd.
I approve this notion
Rick need's to draw that soemtime or take a picture of himself doing it...or maybe make a video...that would be awesome.
Morris

Post by Morris »

Sabrina really doesn't look like a cat, I just noticed.

And what's with Rick/whoever commenting on how buff the characters are?

It's like the Pridelands arch all over again.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

1) Dissension is the one who writes the links to discussions
2)the buffness thing is a running joke that started because a few years back, whenever Fido made an appearance, at least one of the comments would say that he looked buff, despite the fact that he always looked buff. People then started to jokingly say that he looked more buff than usual even if they didn;t think so, then people started to make the comment on every comic, even if there were no particularly buff looking pets in the strip, sometimes even saying it about characters who had never appeared before.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets