2013/10/18 - Empty White Room

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
bug1

Re: 2013/10/18 - Empty White Room

Post by bug1 »

uvok wrote:I kinda think Max will come to the rescue... I wonder how Kevin managed his job ^^
I like your thinking uvok,for being relatively new you sure seem to know what your talking about ;) .
To bad I've got to be pessimistic, I think that if anyone tries to stop this physically they, including Max, they shall be terminated!!! :twisted:
Troll on people Troll on!! :D
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

TheOne wrote:
Iceheart wrote:My prediction is starting to come true. I wonder if the fight will be hand-to-hand or a choose your weapon battle.
Rock Paper Scissors!
Or
Man, Nuclear Explosion, Cockroach?

Or maybe this scene where Sabrina, Jata, Dragon, and Fido are all in the same room. (With no one else around)

Sabrina: (addressing Jata) Listen here Jata, there's one thing I have to make clear to you. I'm NOT going to Feraga with you. And here's why:
pulls Fido from behind her up beside her
This dog here is Fido, and he's the one I love now. There used to be a time when you and I had something, but what we had is gone from me and I don't really want it back.

Jata: staring at wristwatch Sabrina, this is cute and all, but if we don't hurry we're going to miss...

Sabrina: interrupting I'M NOT FINISHED YET!

dramatic lightning & thunder...
Jata tilts ears back and sinks down

Sabrina: There's also something else you need to consider. I can't leave Babylon Gardens for any extended period because I'm involved in matters of cosmic importance that can only happen here. And if you try to force me to leave, my friend here
points with thumb behind her at Dragon
will be very unhappy. You don't want to make her unhappy, do you?

Jata: quaking Is that a dr...

Dragon: Wake up.

Jata: in his room in Feraga, several weeks earlier
Grabs bedside phone

Henry, please inform Mr. Keene Milton that I won't be visiting. Also, tell the pilot that we'll be going to (insert country here) instead.
looks at wall full of photos and paintings Sorry Sabrina, I guess I'll have to give my remaining six months to someone else.
That wou.ld be a great ending, but hasn't the "It's all a dream" trope been overused the past couple of arcs?
Feel my icy wrath!
G'aunt_The_Overlord
Location: Arlandia, Vorru, Kanakra, Serus Galaxy, Dimension 7

Post by G'aunt_The_Overlord »

Hope Bino gets involved in this somehow.
Firenze

Post by Firenze »

This is the second time the white room appeared... I'm just surprised it didn't stay this time as it did for Max. I kinda see a connection going on here. :lol:

Can't wait to see how the fight goes. ;3
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

that seemed like a very animeish scene .-' or maybe buff max will come in and save the day x3
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Marco

Post by Marco »

Just mind over matter Fido! :) Or beefed-up Max will come to the rescue! XD
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Unfortunately there aren't no chances of win a fight against that muscles mount, Fido. :| You're still in safe, anyway, he hasn't never seen you and obviously hasn't challenged you. Looking on how this arc will end, I aspect a plot twist.

Would be epic if Max has pumped up his muscles, dares Jata and succeeds to beat him... :P All for Grape, Sabrina's not his girlfriend anymore, but becomes really honorable versus her. Then, he could give a lesson to Keene, too...
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

44R0NM10 wrote:"Marriage is just words on a paper"

Sabrina is now my favourite character. She saw the sense in something I've been thinking for a week or so now.
To his credit, Jata said more or less the same thing, 'Marrage is just silly little words.'

Uncle Deadeye is a good judge of character.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Cesco wrote:Would be epic if Max has pumped up his muscles, dares Jata and succeeds to beat him... :P All for Grape, Sabrina's not his girlfriend anymore, but becomes really honorable versus her. Then, he could give a lesson to Keene, too...
I think you're giving Max too much credit. Sure, it would be nice to see him stick up to Jata for 'knocking' Grape out, but I think that's a long shot. =P

I also doubt Jata will be fighting anyone. I just think Sabrina and Fido are going to find out something they didn't know about all this time.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I say this is some weird Princess Diaries 2 thing, where in order to take the throne Jata needs a bride. He wanted it to be someone he care for, but his ambition is the real motivator here, and he will come to his senses once Sabrina can remind him of who he was when they made that pledge.

Well, that or Jata is messing with her. Whatevs.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Muse

Post by Muse »

I feel that no one is taking into account that Fido is a fully trained police dog. Technique will defeat sheer power, say, 4 out of 5 times. It's not a guarantee. But that's why technique exists. To aid the weak(er) against the strong.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Technique beats power to a certain extent. Jata looks like his power would be enough to overcome Fido's technique, and we don;t even know for sure he doesn't have any technique of his own.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Leven

Post by Leven »

I'm thinking, what if Fido found Uncle Deadeye to take care of Jata? After all he doesn't like Jata since their first meeting. Hmm also well if they are getting married, wouldn't Jata have to get Sabrina's owners permission? As they are like her parents in a sense, and well just thinking out loud is all.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Gren wrote:
TheOne wrote:Rock Paper Scissors!
Or
Man, Nuclear Explosion, Cockroach?
You've created the best game ever! And it's so true! :lol:
Actually, I didn't create it. (And I misquoted. It's actually called Cockroach, Foot, Nuclear Bomb Link is to video of "That 70's Show.")
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Muse wrote:I feel that no one is taking into account that Fido is a fully trained police dog. Technique will defeat sheer power, say, 4 out of 5 times. It's not a guarantee. But that's why technique exists. To aid the weak(er) against the strong.
Alternative: What if Jata has combat training as well? Many places that of older culture have such as nearly required, and whether Feraga does or not, finding a trainer wouldn't have been difficult for the prince.
huntersunday

Post by huntersunday »

man Fido is all heart he might be able to fight him I mean he does have police traing and all go Fido
so pie is free but cake is not?
Morris

Post by Morris »

In my opinion, the whole empty white room thing doesn't emit very much feeling when it's downplayed by comic relief. To be honest, I haven't seen very many good emotional moments in this comic in a while.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Morris wrote:In my opinion, the whole empty white room thing doesn't emit very much feeling when it's downplayed by comic relief.
I think that's kind of the point, personally. Big melodramatic exchange spoiled comedically in the next panel. That's what happened when Maxwell did it, anyway.

Besides, in all honesty, how "emotional" does a comic like Housepets have to be?
*cough*
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Rick has always made sure the main focus of the comic is comedy, writing every strip to end with a joke. any emotional scenes are a bonus, and usually serve to make the joke funnier by juxtaposition
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Gren

Post by Gren »

Morris wrote:To be honest, I haven't seen very many good emotional moments in this comic in a while.
You kidding right? Do I have to make a list or what? Besides it's good some conflict in every arc (specially the long ones), that makes it interesting and generates the unwanted but so enjoyable intrigue.
TheOne wrote:Actually, I didn't create it. (And I misquoted. It's actually called Cockroach, Foot, Nuclear Bomb Link is to video of "That 70's Show.")
Well then good reference! :D

Now, I was thinking: If Sabrina's dad is some sort of Indiana Jones and they share the same passions, doesn't that make her a feline version of Lara Croft? X3
ImageImage
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Well, anyway, as for the usual episode of "LET'S ALL TRY AND PREDICT WHERE THIS ARC GOES", for a while I've been expecting that Max, finally chiseled into that mighty stone god he so wanted to be, will pop in all muscley and go up against Jata in Fido's place. Perhaps even leading to some sort of love triangle type thing when Sabrina sees the newly musclebound Max fighting for HER.

and then Sabrina drowns. glubglubglub.
*cough*
WhoElseButQuagmire

Stuff. wrote:Well, anyway, as for the usual episode of "LET'S ALL TRY AND PREDICT WHERE THIS ARC GOES", for a while I've been expecting that Max, finally chiseled into that mighty stone god he so wanted to be, will pop in all muscley and go up against Jata in Fido's place. Perhaps even leading to some sort of love triangle type thing when Sabrina sees the newly musclebound Max fighting for HER.

and then Sabrina drowns. glubglubglub.
I'll stick to my guns and say Pete is involved somehow, ether impersonating Jata (in which case of course he'd be inwardly laughing at Grape's impersionation of Concord), or by setting the events in motion.

Am I wrong in thinking there's a piece of information that Rick is keeping from us? Fido talked to Sabrina about something the K-9s had discovered and then interrupted himself when he noticed Grape/Concord. The next comic had Jata returning....so Fido ether didn't get the chance to tell Sabrina the info, or he did tell her between the end of the one comic and before the beginning of the other. What bit of info might this be?
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote: I'll stick to my guns and say Pete is involved somehow, ether impersonating Jata (in which case of course he'd be inwardly laughing at Grape's impersionation of Concord), or by setting the events in motion.

Am I wrong in thinking there's a piece of information that Rick is keeping from us? Fido talked to Sabrina about something the K-9s had discovered and then interrupted himself when he noticed Grape/Concord. The next comic had Jata returning....so Fido ether didn't get the chance to tell Sabrina the info, or he did tell her between the end of the one comic and before the beginning of the other. What bit of info might this be?
Fido did tell Sabrina between the strip where she punched him in the arm and the one after. However, I think Rick didn't give us this bit of info was because we had, quite literally, just learned it from an alternate source: Jata. I believe this, only because it would make sense as to why Rick would be holding it out on us and explain why Sabrina punched Fido and made a comment about how he couldn't have been five-minutes earlier.

The info being that Jata's reasons for wanting to marry Sabrina was for the good of both their countries, as was explained to him by Keene. Or that Keene was behind the arrangement. Or that it was a shotgun wedding and meant that she wouldn't have had much of a choice in the matter. Take your pick.
Last edited by max7345 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Stuff. wrote:and then Sabrina drowns. glubglubglub.
This arc might be it. :o
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
KathYohneke

Post by KathYohneke »

why doesn't she just ask tarot for dragon's help?

Im sure she wouldn't mind hiding her in the other realm till this hole thing blows over.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

GeckoZY wrote:
That's what we all are wating for.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

KathYohneke wrote:why doesn't she just ask tarot for dragon's help?

Im sure she wouldn't mind hiding her in the other realm till this hole thing blows over.
What happens when she comes back? She'd have to keep running from the law, and from whatever other forces Keene would get involved. It would seem that neither running nor hiding can help her, this is one issue she may have to face full-on.
Muse

Post by Muse »

Obviously, the real showdown should be Sabrina vs. Keene.

"YOU" *punch* "ARE" *punch* "RUINING" *claw* "MY" *kick* "£$!?%¡?" *bite* "LIFE" *spit*

KO. Victor? Sabrina.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
WhoElseButQuagmire

Muse wrote:Obviously, the real showdown should be Sabrina vs. Keene.

"YOU" *punch* "ARE" *punch* "RUINING" *claw* "MY" *kick* "£$!?%¡?" *bite* "LIFE" *spit*

KO. Victor? Sabrina.
Which again brings up the question...will the wolves and Keene's hired goons look the other way while she does this?
Muse

Post by Muse »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:

KO. Victor? Sabrina.
Which again brings up the question...will the wolves and Keene's hired goons look the other way while she does this?
I think the wolves would passively andd effectiely restrain the goons.
-Mark Twain
Argent

Post by Argent »

The wolves work for Keene.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Karl

Post by Karl »

Everyone work for Keene!
I'm a bookworm!
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

KO. Victor? Sabrina.
And now we know what happened to Max's ear...
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Argent wrote:The wolves work for Keene.
Between on-camera and off, there's a fair chance Jata's already offended everyone who works at the Miltons' place.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Argent wrote:The wolves work for Keene.
It would be quite an interesting plot twist if Miles was a double agent, though.
Feel my icy wrath!
Gren

Post by Gren »

Why people still believe that Sabrina would be able to use force to settle this? Do I have to quote the cast page? or reading the comic isn't enough to get that?
cast page wrote:Also, despite belonging to the most vicious killer subsection of pets, she desires most of all to be Friend of All Living Things and refuses to do physical harm to anyone.
However, there's a good chance that she decides to torture them a bit calling upon her ghost friends for all what they've done to her. :roll:
Render wrote:
GeckoZY wrote:
Not me, I don't want her to die. I prefer to see the moment when her knight in shiny armor saves her just in time before the tragedy and then a bit of suspense by applying the CPR.
Stuff. wrote:Well, anyway, as for the usual episode of "LET'S ALL TRY AND PREDICT WHERE THIS ARC GOES", for a while I've been expecting that Max, finally chiseled into that mighty stone god he so wanted to be, will pop in all muscley and go up against Jata in Fido's place. Perhaps even leading to some sort of love triangle type thing when Sabrina sees the newly musclebound Max fighting for HER.
Love triangle? It would be PANDEMONIUM!
Fido<-->Sabrina<-->Max<-->Grape<-->Peanut<-->Tarot<-->Karishad?
ImageImage
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Gren wrote:Love triangle? It would be PANDEMONIUM!
The fun part? That's seven sides. Yet Fido is also connected to Sasha, and her to essentially every male dog in Hp. Fox, Kevin, Bino, even a little to King, via them also Duchess and Bailey, plus Jata via Sabrina, etc. The connections go all over everyone, the Hp love shape is way more than a triangle.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Hedronal wrote:
Gren wrote:Love triangle? It would be PANDEMONIUM!
The fun part? That's seven sides. Yet Fido is also connected to Sasha, and her to essentially every male dog in Hp. Fox, Kevin, Bino, even a little to King, via them also Duchess and Bailey, plus Jata via Sabrina, etc. The connections go all over everyone, the Hp love shape is way more than a triangle.
THIS TRIANGLE HAS 13 SIDES!!!! that number will never leave me alone...
Render wrote:
GeckoZY wrote:
I like how much we look into such a small thing that may or may not have just been a joke, plus for all we know she could have already nearly drowned between arcs! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Wow...so Sasha's dated every male dog in HP? Mind=BLOWN! :shock:
Feel my icy wrath!
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Gamewolf67 wrote:Wow...so Sasha's dated every male dog in HP? Mind=BLOWN! :shock:
Nearly every, some were speed dates. She has not dated Tiger, Joey/friends, or Peanut.