2013/10/21 - Somebody's Getting Buried

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
deepskycyan

Re: 2013/10/21 - Somebody's Getting Buried

Post by deepskycyan »

GeckoZY wrote:I liked how the comic has those TV bars/pixels on them. XD
Noticed this straight away. I just love these small touches/details in Housepets! It's the little things that count :3

Miles is so adorable! I also felt that he seemed slightly taller than he should be, I'm glad the last panel explains it XD

Also, his full name:
Miles The Wolf.
Heheheh.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gren wrote:And King may be the one who goes to rescue her. And then the suspicion will fall on him when the k-9's or Fox notices that he knew exactly where the PETA guys were going.
Nah, I doubt King would have such an important role in this arc though I been wrong before.

PS: Good to see the PETA guys again! YAY!!
Actually, let me rephrase that:

PETA reminded me of Sergeant Ralph.

Don't ask me how Ralph will splash Sabrina, but that's what i'm betting my money on he will do. =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

PETA? Perhaps it's "the fat guy"?
And if it's "the fat guy" maybe he'll notice King...at the worst moment possible.
And if he notices King...at the worst moment possible... then maybe he'll recognize Joel by his eyes...
And if he notices Joel by his eyes...
dun dun dunnn!
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Duster

Post by Duster »

Second panel: Miles looks like he's had a double dose of sugar. :D
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

I have to admire Miles' resolution -- he stands firmly on PETA's principles.
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
ryth

Post by ryth »

Sabrina should use the drowning to fake her death as a last resort.

in other aspects... IS GRAPE STILL UNCONCIOUS?!?!
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I wonder if I joined PETA when I wasn't looking and just made my first cameo in the comic....
Hedronal wrote:With the PETA back, maybe we'll see someone Joel knew.
This guy always hits the spot when it comes to interesting hypothesis!
Welsh Halfwit wrote:So, Keene's been planning this a while, eh? NOW his real reason for hosting the King/bailey wedding comes through. Test run.
Perfesser_Bear wrote:I have to admire Miles' resolution -- he stands firmly on PETA's principles.
Complete agreement on both statements. And I hope your future poems are more like this one, welsh!
TheOne wrote:And if he notices King...at the worst moment possible... then maybe he'll recognize Joel by his eyes...
Ah, yes, the eyes are the windows to the soul!

"It's a man! No..... It's a dog.... No, it's Superman!!!!!!

Or is it Superdog?"
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Dogman, who in his secret identity as Dogmatix helps to keep a little Armorican village safe from Roman occupation.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

oh so thats why looks a little taller :P ..... is max still trying to get buff '-. maybe he will come out and save the day
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Ninkurou

Peta strikes again!

Post by Ninkurou »

Only half of users will undestand this without looking on wikipedia or other any other site...

Level 1: PETA
Level 2: ALF
Level 3: ARM
D-Rock

Re: Peta strikes again!

Post by D-Rock »

Ninkurou wrote:Only half of users will undestand this without looking on wikipedia or other any other site...

Level 1: PETA
Level 2: ALF
Level 3: ARM
Heard about ALF and ARM a while ago. In that perspective, think I'd rather have PETA.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

deepskycyan wrote:
Noticed this straight away. I just love these small touches/details in Housepets! It's the little things that count :3

Miles is so adorable! I also felt that he seemed slightly taller than he should be, I'm glad the last panel explains it XD

Also, his full name:
Miles The Wolf.
Heheheh.
i think everything rick draws has good detail <3
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Silly Zealot wrote:
TheOne wrote:And if he notices King...at the worst moment possible... then maybe he'll recognize Joel by his eyes...
Ah, yes, the eyes are the windows to the soul!

"It's a man! No..... It's a dog.... No, it's Superman!!!!!!

Or is it Superdog?"
Maybe Underd...*GACK!*

*Men at door...*

Smith: Mr Jones, you are in violation of copyright law.

Jones: Do I know you from somewhere?

Smith: No, you don't, and you never would...will...(I hate temporal grammar.)

*FLASH*

...What was I saying now?
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

"I might even marry MY Wife one day." I don't know why, but for me that was the funniest thing in today's strip, also one of Miles best monents :lol:
The fact that he is standing on PETA is also great.
Actually I'm wondering why he didn't already married his wife after King's wedding. Lucretia and Miles seem to liked the wedding.
Also am I the only one, who await the return of the secret goon squad?
Maybe we will see who they are. It could be they are some of Jata's underlings or just some harmless Pets who act tough.

Also Kevin had enough time to chisel Max into a stonegod, let's see how awesome the entrance of new Max will be. 8-)
thespartanpenguin

Post by thespartanpenguin »

GameCobra wrote:
Gren wrote:And King may be the one who goes to rescue her. And then the suspicion will fall on him when the k-9's or Fox notices that he knew exactly where the PETA guys were going.
Nah, I doubt King would have such an important role in this arc though I been wrong before.

PS: Good to see the PETA guys again! YAY!!
Actually, let me rephrase that:

PETA reminded me of Sergeant Ralph.

Don't ask me how Ralph will splash Sabrina, but that's what i'm betting my money on he will do. =3
Actually felt somewhat sorry for the chap in that ark, traumatized much.
Though I don't remember the other peta one so may have lost sympathy with those
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

If the PETA is going to cancel this wedding and indirectly save Sabrina, it's well comed. So Keene organized also the wedding and at his residence, made as Feraga embassy for the occasion to avoid the trip to Africa... Naughty through and through...
HundKatzeMaus wrote:Also Kevin had enough time to chisel Max into a stonegod, let's see how awesome the entrance of new Max will be. 8-)
Now I could aspect that it ended into nothing. Kevin didn't said a word on Max's request... He accepted or refused it? Does he want to make this favour to Max? In exchange for what?
Gren

Post by Gren »

Cesco wrote:
HundKatzeMaus wrote:Also Kevin had enough time to chisel Max into a stonegod, let's see how awesome the entrance of new Max will be. 8-)
Now I could aspect that it ended into nothing. Kevin didn't said a word on Max's request... He accepted or refused it? Does he want to make this favour to Max? In exchange for what?
Well, if you ask me, I really doubt that Rick would be planning to change Max's appeareance. I think it was just for the joke. Besides it wouldn't fit well with the character. And Max has stated more than once how much he "appreciates" Sabrina, making sure to make that clear. So I wouldn't count with him to go save her.
ImageImage
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Gren wrote:
Cesco wrote:
Well, if you ask me, I really doubt that Rick would be planning to change Max's appeareance. I think it was just for the joke. Besides it wouldn't fit well with the character. And Max has stated more than once how much he "appreciates" Sabrina, making sure to make that clear. So I wouldn't count with him to go save her.
I agree with you, it's what I now aspect. The finality is surely that, and so probably we won't see anymore Max in this story arc. I well know that between Max and Sabrina there aren't good feelings, like can happen in any ex-lovers story. ;)

What I said here was a joke, hence the razz smiley, just to imagine what could happen.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Cesco wrote:What I said here was a joke, hence the razz smiley, just to imagine what could happen.
Well, even though Max is always trying to get noticed and being the center of attention with every effort, I'm not sure that Rick would grant him the role of the hero. It seems the role that Rick has planned for him is to be the unlucky black cat (well, that's what most of the fans thinks, though I'm not include myself because I think he has succeeded in a lot of things, sometimes not even intentionally). Therefore, if he dares to challenge Jata, it'll end badly (comically, but badly). Furthermore, be the hero would not go well with his personality (he's supposed to be the street-savvy charming bad guy who get the girl).

And why are we talking so much about Maxwell? This arc is supposed to be about Fido-Sabrina-Jata love drama. I didn't know Max had so many fans, or all this chatter is just because you people want to see more fanservice of beefy furry animals? :roll:
ImageImage
Mister L

Post by Mister L »

Sabrina, just use a flash grenade or a smoke bomb and then run away, it always works :)
I love to quote famous quotes from people, games, movies and comics!
Don't Starve rocks!
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

We need a better name for this announcer guy than just "host"

I propose "The Not-Happy Mask Salesman"

but wait a minute

"GAK"?

W...what happened to "GYHK"? D:
*cough*
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Strangely, I don't remember Miles hurting anyone...
Feel my icy wrath!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Gren wrote:
Cesco wrote:What I said here was a joke, hence the razz smiley, just to imagine what could happen.
Well, even though Max is always trying to get noticed and being the center of attention with every effort, I'm not sure that Rick would grant him the role of the hero. It seems the role that Rick has planned for him is to be the unlucky black cat (well, that's what most of the fans thinks, though I'm not include myself because I think he has succeeded in a lot of things, sometimes not even intentionally). Therefore, if he dares to challenge Jata, it'll end badly (comically, but badly). Furthermore, be the hero would not go well with his personality (he's supposed to be the street-savvy charming bad guy who get the girl).
Again agree with you. About Maxwell be unluck, well, practically happen many not nice things against him, but for some of them, he has done something to let them cause.
Gren wrote:And why are we talking so much about Maxwell? This arc is supposed to be about Fido-Sabrina-Jata love drama.
Maybe it's because this comic strip is about none of these characters and because for some people the Maxwell's story is held in abeyance? Concerning me, I've put an end to it. Then, we'll see.
Gren wrote:I didn't know Max had so many fans, or all this chatter is just because you people want to see more fanservice of beefy furry animals? :roll:
I'm a Maxwell fan (and seems also you by looking at your signature). :P I don't know if others would want that, I believe not, but in my case, I don't want to see Maxwell in those conditions; I'd already meant it here.
Stuff. wrote:We need a better name for this announcer guy than just "host"
He already has one, dunno if better or not: Massimo Giletti. Aren't they identical? :lol: Another funny thing is that he's a TV host too, what a coincidence!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Argent wrote:Dogman, who in his secret identity as Dogmatix helps to keep a little Armorican village safe from Roman occupation.
But they are of different breeds of dog...... not to mention the fact that they live over two millennia away from each other....
Gren wrote:I didn't know Max had so many fans, or all this chatter is just because you people want to see more fanservice of beefy furry animals? :roll:
*Wistling a tune while cleaning his beefy Maxwell poster*
Cesco wrote:He already has one, dunno if better or not: Massimo Giletti. Aren't they identical? :lol: Another funny thing is that he's a TV host too, what a coincidence!
No coincidence! The dude in Housepets! IS a parody of stereotypical TV show hosts!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Gren

Post by Gren »

Cesco wrote:Again agree with you. About Maxwell be unluck, well, practically happen many not nice things against him, but for some of them, he has done something to let them cause.
Well yeah, most of the times his plans backfired him because of his fault or just deserved it. Perhaps his bad luck is due to karma. (Bad Maxwell! XD).
Maybe it's because this comic strip is about none of these characters and because for some people the Maxwell's story is held in abeyance? Concerning me, I've put an end to it. Then, we'll see.
But all of you've been talking about Max since the moment he showed up crawling and praying to Kevin. :roll:
Besides, maybe Rick is postponing this because he plans to make an arc about it. On a separate note, I may just be silly but I have the weird feeling that Maxwell is actually Rick's favorite character, dunno why.
I'm a Maxwell fan (and seems also you by looking at your signature). :P I don't know if others would want that, I believe not, but in my case, I don't want to see Maxwell in those conditions; I'd already meant it here.
Well yes, I'm a huge fan of Max and he's actually my third favorite character.
And about the post you did mention, I know that Max worries a lot about what people think of him and wants to keep a reputation, I have nothing against that but lately all of this seems to be turning in an obsession and I don't like that. He's worrying too much for Grape and it's really making me doubt about their relationship. He's obsessed with her and Grape has not been a good girlfriend at all lately (let's face it, she's been a jerk with him. With everyone actually, Peanut and Tarot included). There's no love in that, though I may have been reading too much between the lines and it's more simple than what I think.
Come on Max, if she continues with that attitude of her after all what you've done for her just dump her and get a better girl. That shouldn't be a problem for you (or maybe his obsesive tendency is the reason of why he couldn't get a girl after Sabrina broke up with him till he met Grape?).
ImageImage
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Gren wrote: And about the post you did mention, I know that Max worries a lot about what people think of him and wants to keep a reputation, I have nothing against that but lately all of this seems to be turning in an obsession and I don't like that. He's worrying too much for Grape and it's really making me doubt about their relationship. He's obsessed with her and Grape has not been a good girlfriend at all lately (let's face it, she's been a jerk with him. With everyone actually, Peanut and Tarot included). There's no love in that, though I may have been reading too much between the lines and it's more simple than what I think.
Come on Max, if she continues with that attitude of her after all what you've done for her just dump her and get a better girl. That shouldn't be a problem for you (or maybe his obsesive tendency is the reason of why he couldn't get a girl after Sabrina broke up with him till he met Grape?).
Both in media and irl, almost everyone has some form of insecurity. Sometimes it's subtle or minor, and goes largely unnoticed, or is resolved quietly. Other times those insecurities are more major, and hence increasingly obvious, like with Max's particular care he takes as regards his reputation, Bino having learned to seek attention however he can get it, and Tiger's various issues such as anger control and his eating disorder. Some arc not too far from now may be Max's time to resolve some of his, as they have been surfacing more in recent arcs.

Maxwell somehow finding another girlfriend would present an interesting situation. Given that the only female felines in Hp thus far that he hasn't dated are barn cats and some Bighlesworths, Max back on the dating scene would likely mean the introduction of a new character and/or another inter-species relationship.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Argent wrote:Dogman, who in his secret identity as Dogmatix helps to keep a little Armorican village safe from Roman occupation.
But they are of different breeds of dog...... not to mention the fact that they live over two millennia away from each other....
Time is just words on paper.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

His answer to the first question seems completely irrelevant. :lol:
Yep, Rick did the same thing during the Host's previous appearence during the Alan and the Groundsquirrels mini arc .
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Viath wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Wow...PETA might turn out to be the ones to come to Sabrina's rescue? What a twist!
Because PETA has such a successful track record so far in this comic......

I thought the wedding was going to be in Feraga? I guess Keene couldn't pass up more publicity.
And remember when Maxwell's Dad dropkicked a PETA Dude out of his house?
Feel my icy wrath!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Gamewolf67 wrote:And remember when Maxwell's Dad dropkicked a PETA Dude out of his house?
Ahm, dropkick?
Nearly 4,5 years ago, Joel heared a BAM from an elbow check. ;)
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

There's been a lot of Maxwell talk lately since he went to the Gym, huh? =P
Hedronal wrote:Maxwell somehow finding another girlfriend would present an interesting situation.
... *twitch*

I'm just gonna say that whatever Max does with Kevin, I can only foresee good effort and some well earned respect from Grape. Even if she isn't giving him the attention he deserves this arc, it doesn't mean she doesn't care for him. Though she might start giving him more attention. X3
Last edited by GameCobra on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
NekoNyan1224

Post by NekoNyan1224 »

How old is Miles really? He looks like an old man with those glasses.
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

GameCobra wrote:There's been a lot of Maxwell talk lately since he went to the Gym, huh? =P
Hedronal wrote:Maxwell somehow finding another girlfriend would present an interesting situation.
... *twitch*

I'm just gonna say that whatever Max does with Kevin, I can only foresee good effort and some well earned respect from Grape. Even if she isn't giving him the attention he deserves this arc, it doesn't mean she doesn't care for him. Though that might change soon. ;)
In relationships it's not just a boolean care/don't care, or linear caring whatever amount. Relationships are based on whether each partner can provide what the other needs from them. Where Grape has historically been more independent, Max has needed more of an attachment than that, so things until now have had their difficult times. Fortunately, Max and Grape are still in the 'maybe' phase of a stumbling relationship, in media known as the 'author's choice' phase. It's always Rick's choice of course, this phase denotes that he could have them go either pre-identified way, many other ones, or even just downplay the angle without any major stretch for it to be believable.
NekoNyan1224 wrote:How old is Miles really? He looks like an old man with those glasses.
Hard to say, but I do find it interesting about Miles that given a shorter lifespan and maturation period, he still has achieved a greater cultural and general education level than many humans. He does seem to be a self-motivated hard worker with a genuine interest, so such is not so surprising, but still rather impressive.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Hedronal wrote:Hard to say, but I do find it interesting about Miles that given a shorter lifespan and maturation period, he still has achieved a greater cultural and general education level than many humans. He does seem to be a self-motivated hard worker with a genuine interest, so such is not so surprising, but still rather impressive.
It seems to me that since HP! animals learn faster and mature faster than the humans, by most measures that makes them more intelligent.
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Argent wrote:
Hedronal wrote:Hard to say, but I do find it interesting about Miles that given a shorter lifespan and maturation period, he still has achieved a greater cultural and general education level than many humans. He does seem to be a self-motivated hard worker with a genuine interest, so such is not so surprising, but still rather impressive.
It seems to me that since HP! animals learn faster and mature faster than the humans, by most measures that makes them more intelligent.
It does seem to possibly be a twice as bright, half as long scenario, then again, it can be difficult to give a concrete comparison, as the comic's focus is more on one side than the other, and then on a specifically interesting subsection of them. Assuming the humanity of the Hp universe is essentially like our own, I would not be surprised if there were many people and groups aiming for inter-special equality than just Henry and now Keene Milton. Perhaps we'll get to see them interface with the story as well, which, given some likely political and opinion based differences from whom we've seen, could, if used, create a scintillating number of possibilities.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

That's like one of the things I suggested in the future arcs topic. Seeing things from the parent's perspective would be nice for a change, not just Bill's. Rick isn't as bad at humans as others claim, but he does draw some bad humans. That host won't stop smiling!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I think I've found a song that puts into words what Fido's thinking right now (and Maxwell)... It's inoffensive and has some of the funniest lyrics written into song that I know of. Sting's 'seven days' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG7_gceIFL4
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Render wrote:
Gamewolf67 wrote:And remember when Maxwell's Dad dropkicked a PETA Dude out of his house?
Ahm, dropkick?
Nearly 4,5 years ago, Joel heared a BAM from an elbow check. ;)
I remember him kicking Joel out the door, but I'm usually never right when it comes to those things.
Feel my icy wrath!