2013/10/28 - Nuptiae Interruptae

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Re: 2013/10/28 - Nuptiae Interruptae

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Of course there's also "innocent bystanders", maybe one of these Ralphs is Great Kitsume in disguise.

GK "Ok Pete. Come on out of there, gig's up, this is incredibly against the rules of the game"
Jata morphs into a grumbling Pete.
Sabrina (who doesn't seem at all surprised that Jata was Pete.) Look, I know this is going to sound weird, but could one of you please push me into the pool? I'm scheduled to almost drown today."
Fido: Wait...you mean you only went along with this wedding this whole time just so you could fulfill a prediction?!?
Sabrina: "Well, Tarot's my friend and mentor and has been feeling down recently. It really cheers her up to see a multi year prediction come true."
Taking real dates into account (and assuming Tarot meant exactly two years) that should have happened back in August, or somewhere around there.
Plus, that'd be really anticlimactic. |C
Well, Rick has probably had this entire arc ready for probably around a week or two now, so we'll just have to wait. Or beg incessantly for spoilers huehuehuehuehue
If you want my number, it's #804080.
gameangel147

Post by gameangel147 »

Wow it's the wedding already?! That was fast, though they did spend a lot of time just talking and worrying about it, makes sense that it's already happening.

She looks surprised, I wonder if she was going to go through with it.
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

TheOne wrote:
max7345 wrote:My guess, Jata bumps Sabrina in the pool and Fido goes to save her. The press (or, rather, the tabloid portion) gets a photo of Fido performing CPR and works the title to make it look like he's making out with Sabrina.
Having seen the "CPR=Clean, Pretty, Reliable" on HP before, I'd guess that what you're suggestion isn't likely. Besides, current CPR is changing to chest compressions only, in many places. "Rescue breathing," as it's called, is being phased out more and more.
And yet, despite that, there's nothing stopping people from poking fun at the old-fashioned mouth-to-mouth segment. Sometimes even more than once.

That said, what's mentioned in the quote of mine you put up is just a guess - one based on the placement of the pool, the fact that there's a ton of press present, the whole "near-drowning" prophecy from Tarot way back when, and how things have been pushing toward Fido's secret relationship with Sabrina getting out in the open. With all that in mind, it seems like a reasonable conclusion to come to as far as I'm concerned. However, I'm not the writer of this comic and I'm well aware that this theory of mine could be way off track from what Rick has planned (hence why I said as much in the part you didn't include in the quote).
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Mickey the Luxray wrote: Taking real dates into account (and assuming Tarot meant exactly two years) that should have happened back in August, or somewhere around there.
One thing no one is taking into account is that comic time does not nessasarily equalize real time. For example this arc is going on two months long, while in universe it's only three days, if that.
Mickey the Luxray wrote: Well, Rick has probably had this entire arc ready for probably around a week or two now, so we'll just have to wait. Or beg incessantly for spoilers huehuehuehuehue[/color]
I think one time Argent said something in the comments that happenend in the next strip and Rick mentioned he works about a month ahead of time.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Render wrote:Will he ever get a name?
Temporary name = Patch?
Accepted :!:
Silly Zealot wrote:I still wonder who stole Sabrina's whiskers!
All cats shaved off their whiskers at Christmas 2010, except Grape who kept her will Peanut came back from the big Spirit Dragon vs. Frost Giant fight. Here are her last whiskers (as far as I cound find them).
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Gren

Post by Gren »

GameCobra wrote:
Sinder wrote:well we know it's not Fido

because Fido's a wuss
Spoilers: Fido is a nerd.
... Why?
I mean, I know he likes to read, but Peanut and Sabrina likes to and none of them are nerds. Miles on the other hand...

Spoilers 2: Maxwell is a bully Oh wait, we already knew that. XD
Render wrote:All cats shaved off their whiskers at Christmas 2010, except Grape who kept her will Peanut came back from the big Spirit Dragon vs. Frost Giant fight. Here are her last whiskers (as far as I cound find them).
After re-reading that strip you've quoted a question crossed my mind: What did Dragon meant when she said "you have nothing to fear while Tarot is linked to you"? There's something threatening his life? Or Pete plans to go for him if she let him go? :?:
ImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:I think one time Argent said something in the comments that happenend in the next strip and Rick mentioned he works about a month ahead of time.
Don't recall it happening quite like that:

My comment, late July: https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/ ... ment-38646

The following strip, early September: https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/09/ ... t-channel/

Rick's comment was "Huh, OK".
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
ryth

Post by ryth »

GeckoZY wrote:
Prediction:
Fido and Jata battles, but Max arrives and attracts all the lady cats to him. XD
Like a black hole?
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

TheOne wrote:Having seen the "CPR=Clean, Pretty, Reliable" on HP before, I'd guess that what you're suggestion isn't likely. Besides, current CPR is changing to chest compressions only, in many places. "Rescue breathing," as it's called, is being phased out more and more.
Important note: drowning is usually considered an exception where "rescue breathing" is still necessary.

I myself am hoping the natives get restless, and a coup has happened.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

"Four Finger Discount" Jack? He's probably only here to steal the gifts.

And who IS that K-9 Officer standing in the background, anyways?
Attachments
Hp%20close%20up%203.png
Hp%20close%20up%203.png (58.79 KiB) Viewed 4533 times
Feel my icy wrath!
ryth

Post by ryth »

Gamewolf67 wrote:"Four Finger Discount" Jack? He's probably only here to steal the gifts.
nah, hes the one stealing the reporter's wallet in panel one :twisted:
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Gamewolf67 wrote:"And who IS that K-9 Officer standing in the background, anyways?
I'm gonna guess and say that is Ralph's brother.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Timmie wrote:Nice suit and tie.... but no pants? :o

I think Max is using up all the pants right now.
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

maybe it is fido .-' or maybe its something completely unnexpected and this is basicly what i said would happen XD
Gamewolf67 wrote:"Four Finger Discount" Jack? He's probably only here to steal the gifts.

And who IS that K-9 Officer standing in the background, anyways?
looks like he has an eyepatch ?
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Gren

Post by Gren »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:I think Max is using up all the pants right now.
Nope, the one with the pants right now is Fido. ;)
matthew Wolf wrote:maybe it is fido .-' or maybe its something completely unnexpected and this is basicly what i said would happen XD
Perhaps it's someone disguised as Fido? Or Fido disguised as someone else? X3
ImageImage
WhoElseButQuagmire

matthew Wolf wrote: And who IS that K-9 Officer standing in the background, anyways?
looks like he has an eyepatch ?
Could it be........Delusional Steve in a dog suit?
Could it be........All of Housepets is the mind of a homeless cat waiting to be adopted next to a little purple kitten?
Could it be........That Sabrina will wake up in bed next to Bernard from "The Rescuers"?
Could it be........Commander Riker will say "Computer...end program?"
Could it be........That Great Kitsume will never leap home?
Could it be........That Fido, Kevin, and Tarot will sing a song about Russian names and get forced off the Internet?
Could it be........That this is the final chapter in the book written by Peanut and Res?
Could it be........That King will join in the Good Ol Dogs poker game and be told by Bino that he was always welcome?
Could it be........That Mrs. Peacock was a man?
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote: Could it be........All of Housepets is the mind of a homeless cat waiting to be adopted next to a little purple kitten?
He's not waiting to be adopted, the people who dropped him off will be back any day now.
Azsassin

Post by Azsassin »

Most likley fido being tackled by security. The charecter tackling him (if we find out) most likley the dog who loves to tackle, "Kevin" :lol:
Never join something you can't quit. Join something you will stay in.
~Kevin Fan~