2013/10/30 - Le Gasp

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
valerio

Re: 2013/10/30 - Le Gasp

Post by valerio »

Fido has just pretty sacrifices his reputation and social life, for all he's concerned. Heck, at this point he might really try to take on Jata in a fight if it served him.
That's why it must be Sabrina to turn the cards against the leopard prince. She must say NO, once and for all! Keene is rich and smart, and ruthless, he can find another way to build his Dad's dream (although it can be safely said that he wouldn't have appreciated Keene's manner)
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:Maybe Jata will say something unpleasent and turn the secruity guard against himself :P
He does appear to have been working his way around insulting all of the Milton's staff, but Miles at least seem professional.
valerio

Post by valerio »

...and then Jata is KO'ed by Jeeves! :lol: :lol:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Wow, a live TV confession! :o Great breakthrough, Fido, but now watch out for the consequences and own reputation. Like, will he still be accepted and admired in the GODC? And, everybody are interested to follow the wedding: cats, dogs and surely more...
How shocking for Max... Greape and Peanut discovered the secret time ago, but this last doesn't care of what's happeneing, it's better play games. :P Maybe Tarot already knew, too? Being psychic and frequenting Sabrina... So, Max was really have training, but his results are still far away to be like Jata. ;) Fox's speechless, but funny how King and Bailey look at him. :) Good thought there, Bino (your new GF is so nosy). Must see Jata's and Sabrina's reactions now, and I see Keene's plan getting broken...
Great comic strip! :D
rickgriffin wrote:There will be a bonus halloween comic tomorrow!
Cool! :)
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

GameCobra wrote:
Cerberusx wrote:For those of you who do know this, Max is drinking Powerade. Replenish those electrolytes Max!
Or Gatorade. But i like to pretend it's a replacement for blood. Because i bet if Max could, he would explode.
Well I drink Powerade all the time and I use the bottles as water bottles at work, so I know a Powerade bottle when I see one.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Cerberusx wrote:Well I drink Powerade all the time and I use the bottles as water bottles at work, so I know a Powerade bottle when I see one.
Not denying that you probably know more than me on that. I'm just very certain i saw a Gatorade bottle like that, too.

*Was googling up images for Gatorade.*
*can't find said images for bottles that match the one Max is holding*
... Bah. You win. X3
rickgriffin wrote:There will be a bonus halloween comic tomorrow!
And here I thought I lost all hope this Halloween. Thaaaank Youuuu <3
Last edited by Dissension on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged Double Post
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
valerio

Post by valerio »

GameCobra wrote:
Cerberusx wrote:Well I drink Powerade all the time and I use the bottles as water bottles at work, so I know a Powerade bottle when I see one.
Not denying that you probably know more than me on that. I'm just very certain i saw a Gatorade bottle like that, too.

*Was googling up images for Gatorade.*
*can't find said images for bottles that match the one Max is holding*
... Bah. You win. X3
You both lose: Maxwell drinks Power MAX Energy Drink! 8-)
The bottle is a lie!
thespartanpenguin

Post by thespartanpenguin »

I still maintain that if it's broken off and Jata leaves your still ending up with someone suffering a broken heart after a hell of a long time hoping. Can't see any point in him marrying her for the country or keene they already have free rights and the marige to someone who's a pet in the us not a free citizen would not really change the fate of a country.
Going from the cat comment they have the same species segregation in his country, and the very thought of him marrying a commoner who's not of his species. May have already sacrifised the respect of his country and social status to do so, not to mention breaking his fathre will so soon after his passing

I'm not saying he's a good guy, but maybe it's not quite so cut and dry

also 4 pages of comments already
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Maxwell's reaction was on spot with mine. :lol:

Plus...1 day. 4 pages. Is this a new record?!
Feel my icy wrath!
thespartanpenguin

Post by thespartanpenguin »

Gamewolf67 wrote:Maxwell's reaction was on spot with mine. :lol:

I believe it is
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

Duster wrote:WOW!

My mind can't process all the drama. XP
*head explodes* i whonder if this might at all help peanut to come out with being a catlover to ...... PEANUT STOP LOOKING AT YOUR DS D:..... cant count how many times people have told me that
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Surely now Bino is going to take the satisfaction to call Fido cat lover! Evil revenge over the envied bigger brother! :twisted: About Peanut, in many already know that he's a cat lover.

LOL Valerio. :P Maybe he could suddenly get two things by drinking a Red Bull, instead...
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Cesco wrote:LOL Valerio. :P Maybe he could suddenly get two things by drinking a Red Bull, instead...
But where are his wings? :P
Gren

Post by Gren »

You know, Fox's reaction reminded me to this strip. I wonder if he was the one who wasn't supposed to know about their relationship.
matthew Wolf wrote:*head explodes* i whonder if this might at all help peanut to come out with being a catlover to ...... PEANUT STOP LOOKING AT YOUR DS D:..... cant count how many times people have told me that
Well, it's a possibility but honestly I don't think so. I think that was just like a stage in adolescence. Now he's fine with Tarot and I did not see him interested in any other cat at the moment. Of course I can be wrong, but I think if Rick would have wanted him to continue as a catlover he would have been more explicit.

Now the last thing missing to make this arc the most epic-fully-awesome-arc-ever is a bit of action. So go for it, Fido!
I want so much to see this coming:

However, I can't see how this could end well if any other like Dragon intervenes to help them.
If this continues this way I can only see two possible outcomes:
-Fido get caught by security.
-Fido challanges Jata and lose horribly.
valerio wrote:That's why it must be Sabrina to turn the cards against the leopard prince. She must say NO, once and for all! Keene is rich and smart, and ruthless, he can find another way to build his Dad's dream (although it can be safely said that he wouldn't have appreciated Keene's manner)
I doubt it. This is a shotgun wedding so she has no choice to make. If this could have been resolved by saying a NO, I think she would have done that a lot earlier.
ImageImage
bhPixelFire

Post by bhPixelFire »

I just realized something...

This seacret has -mostly- been kept since one of the very first arcs of the comic.
And now after all this time time it simply explodes.

Everyone loves Fido.
This could very well blow everything out of the Bigglesworth's big swimming pool.

On a side note... that panel with Peanut, Grape and Tarot.
They already knew so they're just like meh

Psalms 148:7 - KJV - "Praise the LORD from the earth, all ye dragons, and all deeps:"
Firenze

Post by Firenze »

valerio wrote:Fido has just pretty sacrifices his reputation and social life, for all he's concerned. Heck, at this point he might really try to take on Jata in a fight if it served him.
Actually, I was just thinking quite the opposite. Fido has been an iconic figure to all of the other dogs for a very long time, so it'd be hard to say that everyone will just turn against him like that. This might make him an even bigger hero for standing up for himself and unknowingly telling the whole community about his secret relationship with a cat. Only time will tell. :?

Anyways, I absolutely love the different reactions from this dramatic strip. :lol:
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

thespartanpenguin wrote:
Gamewolf67 wrote:Maxwell's reaction was on spot with mine. :lol:

I believe it is
Nope.
rickgriffin wrote:
Saturn381 wrote:Sorry if I'm going off topic here, but I just notice something interesting. This is probably the first Housepets arc in October that isn't halloween related.
There will be a bonus halloween comic tomorrow!
Shhhh, seekrit!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

i thought this comic seemed to have bean posted a little erlyer than usual X3 and i had a feeling that was why
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Dissension wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:
Saturn381 wrote:Sorry if I'm going off topic here, but I just notice something interesting. This is probably the first Housepets arc in October that isn't halloween related.
There will be a bonus halloween comic tomorrow!
Shhhh, seekrit!
Too late! :P
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Dissension wrote:
thespartanpenguin wrote:
Gamewolf67 wrote: Plus...1 day. 4 pages. Is this a new record?!
I believe it is
Nope.
What would be a record in that?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

If Sabrina plays this like a drama show, the viewers would see him as a villain. They would never allow him to force her to marry him! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I hope this announcement won't stop Max from going to the Gym. I like to see him committed to it and see what it does to him in the long run. *pushes the buff jokes away from Max* D:<

I can just see him trying to avoid anything dog-related for awhile just to keep a low profile about the whole "My ex dumped me for a dog" deal. X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Alucai Vivorvel

Post by Alucai Vivorvel »

So. I think this is my favourite Housepets! comic evar. Well, in recent memory, at least.
Gren

Post by Gren »

GameCobra wrote:I hope this announcement won't stop Max from going to the Gym. I like to see him committed to it and see what it does to him in the long run. *pushes the buff jokes away from Max* D:<

I can just see him trying to avoid anything dog-related for awhile just to keep a low profile about the whole "My ex dumped me for a dog" deal. X3
Hmm... What if Max starts getting paranoid about Grape too? I mean, he knows how close she is with Peanut and after what he saw just now that could be enough to make him doubt about their relationship. And it's not a good sign all the insecurities he's been having about Grape lately, and this could be the trigger to push her to the corner (you know, invading her personal space and privacy) and becomes jealous and overprotective.
He may not see Peanut as a friend anymore. And what would happen if he finds the photo under Peanut's pillow? That would be something interesting to see.

By the way, you're a bit obsessed with Maxie, don't ya? X3
And go to gym is not supposed to be a dog thing? You contradict yourself. XD
ImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Gren wrote:
valerio wrote:That's why it must be Sabrina to turn the cards against the leopard prince. She must say NO, once and for all! Keene is rich and smart, and ruthless, he can find another way to build his Dad's dream (although it can be safely said that he wouldn't have appreciated Keene's manner)
I doubt it. This is a shotgun wedding so she has no choice to make. If this could have been resolved by saying a NO, I think she would have done that a lot earlier.
So far, Sabrina played the game ALSO to prevent Fido from getting himself in trouble for her sake. And I believe she still nurtured some respect for Jata.
But now? Jata is showing off as a total jerk, and Fido the right thing, betting everything here and now. Sabrina is practically free from any previous promises -even if it meant going against Feraga's laws about kittenhood promises.
RainbowDragon

Post by RainbowDragon »

And there exploded the Bomb! BOOOOOM!!!
Viethra

Post by Viethra »

Dissension wrote:
Xane wrote:Fox is a jerk if he gives Fido a hard time about this after what Grape did for him.
You'll recall Fox doesn't much care for cat-lovers.
When I read this, I forgot he was once friend's with Bino's crew and thought it was a hint that Fox "liked" Fido. What doesn't fit is that Bailey and King are also shocked. That leads me to believe it's that they are all surprised FIdo would hide something from a close friend like Fox. Which is the only option considering that Fox accepted King for having trouble adjusting to being a dog, so he must be becoming more accepting of strange dogs. What reinforces that theory that Fox's reaction is about trust is his reception of King's revelation that he'd hidden his human origins.

(edit) OH, a later comic basically spells everything I just said out as clear as day. Oops.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Well, also important to note is that King and Bailey aren't shocked. They were aware of this relationship (since they walked in on Fido and Sabrina at the Christmas party). They are looking at Fox concerned because they are worried how he is taking the news. Bailey, because she's his cousin and kinda acts like a big sister at times. King, because he's a good friend of Fox's, but he also has that extra layer of worry about how Fox will react to his own secret if/when it comes out. So, if it didn't seem to fit that King and Bailey were surprised, it's because they aren't. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

King walked in on them, not Bailey. And that can be easily explained away as saying that he didn't see them doing anything intimate or that he was scared about what Fido would do to him. Remember that Fido was the police dog that arrested him after Kevin tackled him to the ground. Nobody knew who he was, so most likely he was afraid that if he told anybody, Fido would get on his case and figure out that he was Joel. So he just kept quiet about them being together, even if he didn't see anything.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I basically have no clue what point you are even trying to make there... :?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

King didn't see them doing anything, they were just together. If he did see anything, he was intimidated by Fido (in his mind) to keep quiet and just forgot about it.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

King's a smart boy, I'm pretty sure he put 2 and 2 together there :roll:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well if he was surprised at it, apparently he didn't. :roll: :ugeek:
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Obbl wrote:Well, also important to note is that King and Bailey aren't shocked... They are looking at Fox concerned because they are worried how he is taking the news... So, if it didn't seem to fit that King and Bailey were surprised, it's because they aren't. ;)
;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that makes a lot more sense.