2013/11/01 - Cultural Differences, Similarities

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Welsh Halfwit

Re: 2013/11/01 - Cultural Differences, Similarities

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sonic Fox wrote:Pretty sure Fido can't take him, so betting someone else is going to step in. Would be funny if it was Max, somehow, or Uncle Deadeye.
Uncle Deadeye already wants to kill him.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
bhPixelFire

Post by bhPixelFire »

Uncle Deadeye just comes in and grabs his face.

Psalms 148:7 - KJV - "Praise the LORD from the earth, all ye dragons, and all deeps:"
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

bhPixelFire wrote:AND THE GLASSES ARE OFF FOLKS!

LLLLETS GET READY TO RUUUUUUMBLLLLLLLE!!!
You just gave me an idea for their fight song.

EDIT: I recommend blocking the comments on that YouTube vid.
Last edited by TheOne on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
bhPixelFire

Post by bhPixelFire »

The video has been blocked on my country.

Psalms 148:7 - KJV - "Praise the LORD from the earth, all ye dragons, and all deeps:"
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

bhPixelFire wrote:The video has been blocked on my country.
If you or anyone else has this problem I can send it to you as a .mp3 file.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
CR4CK3RW0LF

Post by CR4CK3RW0LF »

ALRIGHT FIDO ITS UR TURN!!

(however dont kill the guy, Jata is cool! Dx)
"its not toilet water.. Its most definately root beer, i swear officer! D:"
wolfbrothren

Post by wolfbrothren »

Fido looks like a boss in that final panel. Go Fido! Kick that leopard back to the micronation he came from!
As for battle music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2hRTLdvdnk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRYOhI0iJy8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1kjxGr_xQw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXRjg_QW ... re=related
There is plenty to pick from.
Stryder Monroe (S-5, P-8, E-6, C-4, I-7, A-6, L-6)

Avatar made by the amazing Laxan
ryth

Post by ryth »

wolfbrothren wrote:Fido looks like a boss in that final panel.
LIKE A BOSS

Jata:"I love your American sense of humor"
fido:*takes off aviators, angrily looks at Jata
Jata's thoughts: OH $*#@ HES NOT JOKING
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

The shades have come off! Fidey's about to get kick some jaguar/leopard tail (I hope).
Azal wrote:"This 'Concord' deception was to save face. It falls to me, then, to save you from this shame."

It seems to me, that Jata has (and rather rightly so) stated that either Fido or Sabrina are ashamed to be in a relationship with the other (depending on who he was speaking those words to).
If you really think that, then you misunderstood his line. He's not stating that they're ashamed to be in a relationship, he's saying that a cat and dog being in love is shameful, wrong, etc. and he thinks that he can pull her out of this "abominable" (as he would put it) infatuation by beating on her true boyfriend, or at least scaring Fido off. Don't think you'd be very supportive of him if you read it that way.
Last edited by max7345 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sonic Fox wrote:Pretty sure Fido can't take him, so betting someone else is going to step in. Would be funny if it was Max, somehow, or Uncle Deadeye.
...or that would be a certain ferret screaming "ENOUGH!"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Funny, everyone else I ever challenged ran away when I did the suit trick."

[and it turns out that Jata is strong but totally worthless at fighting]
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Eh guys...am I the only one who remembers that Jata is in a political position, he's not just a citizen he's the Prince of Feraga, and so far all the evidence points to him holding some level of political power. Depending on how the US of Ricks universe see's this they could respond with all out war. Since Rick has promised a happy ending for all, we can all assume that if there is a fight it won't escalate too much, if it even happens. Keep in mind that Keene is there and he doesn't want to start a political incident under the circumstances they'd arise which are sexism. To many it'll come across as Jata ignoring Sabrina regardless of her previous actions he's so far come across as treating her like his property. So unless Rick is planning to end the comic in a few arcs, say 100, with Pete being the winner of "the game" then we can all assume this next scene can't escalate too much.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I love the face Fido makes in panel four. It pretty much shows he doesn't care what everyone thinks of him anymore. Go Fido!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Haru Totetsu wrote:Eh guys...am I the only one who remembers that Jata is in a political position, he's not just a citizen he's the Prince of Feraga, and so far all the evidence points to him holding some level of political power. Depending on how the US of Ricks universe see's this they could respond with all out war. Since Rick has promised a happy ending for all, we can all assume that if there is a fight it won't escalate too much, if it even happens. Keep in mind that Keene is there and he doesn't want to start a political incident under the circumstances they'd arise which are sexism. To many it'll come across as Jata ignoring Sabrina regardless of her previous actions he's so far come across as treating her like his property. So unless Rick is planning to end the comic in a few arcs, say 100, with Pete being the winner of "the game" then we can all assume this next scene can't escalate too much.
Well, in order for Keene not to win this one, it will be enough that in the fight the 'civilized' Prince Jata shows his 'savage' colors to the audience. Who in their sane mind would trust the so-called 'manners' of a LEOPARD taking on a smaller animal (and a DOG, in the US!!)? If the fights starts for real, Keene loses this hand even should Jata make a rug out of Fido.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Ooooo, this is good for ratings :D .
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

My god this is amazing. Really, really amazing. Darn it, Rick. See the positions you put me in, trying not to tell you how amazing everything is?
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Acritic2 wrote:I think I speak for everyone when I shout out "Give him %&## Fido!"
Give him howl, then? If the fight does happen as such, I would not be opposed to that particular outcome
G'aunt_The_Overlord
Location: Arlandia, Vorru, Kanakra, Serus Galaxy, Dimension 7

Post by G'aunt_The_Overlord »

MORTAL KOMBAT TIME! Ready? FIGHT!
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Fido looks like he's charging a Spirit Tri-Beam.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (9.25 KiB) Viewed 12530 times
Feel my icy wrath!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

It would be nice if Spo did a play a part in this, it would come full circle...Sabrina saved Spo, and now he can save her.
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Ok, either;
-Sabrina, or somebody, but I think its Sabrina, will jump in between saying there is nothing to fight about and stuff gets handled smoothly with politics (well... maybe keene thinks its bad for his rep to have a fight on a wedding he's hosting...)

-Jata has.... never faught anything before and works just by intimidating his apponant into fainting (like Grape) before anybody lands anything. So when Fido say he accepts...

-Jata DOES know how to fight or has faught before but fataly underestimates this particular K-9.
I has Deviant... urrm... by same name (durr)
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

AHHH THERE GOING TO FIGHT D: *THUD* -passes out-
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Zerky

Post by Zerky »

We need a Leeroy Jenkins somewhere in this ark.
[Insert sig here]
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Unexpected reaction of Jata, taking Fido's confession as a joke and laughting at it, but at bottom, no surprises here: that's perfectly in line with his way of being jerk, uncaring, arrogant and blowhard. Must say that Jata is putting fear now (at least, this time isn't destroying another suit)... He's not caring of the bad showing of himself that he's giving in TV live, really smart... More and badder troubles for Fido. Good luck Fido, we support you!

BTW, I expect yet another plot twist. :P
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Don't Worry, Fido. Even if you lose, We still believe in you.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
YourRoyalCorginess

Post by YourRoyalCorginess »

TheOne wrote:Sorry to disappoint you all, but Rick's computer is probably going to squeeee so hard from the foreknowledge of Monday's comic that's that it's going to make us wait for a week...like when Bino lost his collar. Then we'll all be stuck with a cheesy re-enactment.

STOP THROWIN' STUFF AT ME!

Seriously, though, since HP is PG, does anyone (by show of hands/paws/fins/misc.) think we'll actually see a violent fight? Yes, fights happen in PG, but they're so much like *cough cough* power rangers that they're almost not even worth thinking about, let alone watching. Not to rock the boat too much, but I wouldn't expect Dragon Ball Z kind of fighting. I suspect that Jata probably doesn't even know how to fight. He's probably so used to people, dogs, cats, (anything that gets in his way) panicking at the sight of his muscles that he wouldn't even know what to do if someone actually accepted his challenge.

By the way, is anyone else finding themselves reading and re-reading the strip over and over, hoping to squeeze more enjoyment out of what's already been like a full sponge?
Really hopes is not Dragon Ball Z styled fighting it will be a years worth of comics before the first punch is thrown. :lol:
dragonfang1215

Post by dragonfang1215 »

I hope we see another instance of -FACE-
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gamewolf67 wrote:Fido looks like he's charging a Spirit Tri-Beam.
First time i seen him in the fourth panel, I honestly thought he was trying to throw a Pokeball at Jata. I only found it amusing because Jata's final line sounded like something a random trainer would say =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Um, am I the only one here to remember that this is at an official royal wedding, on Feragan soil? (It was said that the mansion became embassy for the wedding) Yeah, the K9s and wolves might jump in, but to detain Fido if they jump in at all. That is their job and duty to carry out, no matter the situation. At best, they will choose to stay out of it and let things happen.

Even if Jata has no fight experience and cannot fight, he has honed his muscles well, so all he has to do is flex and he can keep most of Fido's hits from causing much damage for a while. All he needs is for Fido to hit him, then be quick enough to grab whatever hit him and hurl the dog away, no fight experience needed there.

I do hope Fido wins, but I doubt the fight takes place as long as Jata has so much security around the area, unless the trial by combat automatically gives Fido full permission to do so, as it is an ancient Feragan custom.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
VolkOseba

Post by VolkOseba »

The American sense of humor thing wouldn't happen to be a reference to something Thomas Edison said to Nikola Tesla, would it?
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Is anyone here familiar with Battle Cry by Skillet? Very inspirational song and, in my mind, perfect for this situation.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Dang, forgot it!
This fight might be stopped by Keene's Secret Goon Squad, after all.
CheckMate
Location: Somewhere between here and there.. the details are kind of fuzzy

Post by CheckMate »

GameCobra wrote:
First time i seen him in the fourth panel, I honestly thought he was trying to throw a Pokeball at Jata. I only found it amusing because Jata's final line sounded like something a random trainer would say =P

I see.... so I'm not the only one who thought this. very interesting....
Now that King is a dog does he cry to all dog's go to heaven???
Liam

Post by Liam »

HP! is now a superhero comic that isn't about Spot (Superdog).
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
shane b.

Post by shane b. »

Viath wrote:
TheOne wrote: By the way, is anyone else finding themselves reading and re-reading the strip over and over, hoping to squeeze more enjoyment out of what's already been like a full sponge?
haha, yes I'm guilty too.
I read the whole HP 12 times in two months and evry new arc at least five times a day
Argent

Post by Argent »

copper wrote:Um, am I the only one here to remember that this is at an official royal wedding, on Feragan soil? (It was said that the mansion became embassy for the wedding)
We already went through this - that's not what an embassy means.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

copper wrote:Um, am I the only one here to remember that this is at an official royal wedding, on Feragan soil? (It was said that the mansion became embassy for the wedding) Yeah, the K9s and wolves might jump in, but to detain Fido if they jump in at all. That is their job and duty to carry out, no matter the situation. At best, they will choose to stay out of it and let things happen.

Even if Jata has no fight experience and cannot fight, he has honed his muscles well, so all he has to do is flex and he can keep most of Fido's hits from causing much damage for a while. All he needs is for Fido to hit him, then be quick enough to grab whatever hit him and hurl the dog away, no fight experience needed there.

I do hope Fido wins, but I doubt the fight takes place as long as Jata has so much security around the area, unless the trial by combat automatically gives Fido full permission to do so, as it is an ancient Feragan custom.
BUT its on the Milton's property which legally can be repossessed by the US government and such that can easily be ended rather quickly.

I'm sure that Jata wouldn't press any action against the US if he lost the fight, as it would show him in a dishonarable light, but forcing Sabrina into a marriage would damage the work the Keene is doing in honour of his "father", making animals viewed as equels to humanity not beneath it. Remember the world is watching and Feraga has been closed off until recently, so this wedding will make the world judge Feraga.

Compare it to how most of the world views some other nations, how many citizens would happily vote for some places to be removed from the planet? Political appearances matter and if Jata fights, he'll show them in a savage light, regardless of what his countries opinion is if the rest of the world is angered then his country isn't likely to last.If he cares for his people he can't let this escalate, because if he does he could be putting them in danger.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

CheckMate wrote:
GameCobra wrote:

I see.... so I'm not the only one who thought this. very interesting....
The fact that I spent 5 hours on this shows a lot about me... DON'T JUDGE ME!
ImageImageImageImage
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:The fact that I spent 5 hours on this shows a lot about me... DON'T JUDGE ME!
This is so full of win that I could break THREE wine glasses with my squee's. Or, uh, something.
See, I can't even explain how full of win that is without it sounding ridiculous.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote: The fact that I spent 5 hours on this shows a lot about me... DON'T JUDGE ME!
Holy dang

Is this going to become a fandom meme?

Because if so, I approve.
*cough*