2013/11/04 - Planning Ahead

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Cesco

Re: 2013/11/04 - Planning Ahead

Post by Cesco »

valerio wrote:Fido is off duty, as he said himself. Not to mention that it would be a *very* bad idea to call his rank now that he has violated about a dozen protocols with this intrusion. It wouldn't be surprising if he'd get a bad case of disciplinary after this stunt (all worth it, btw!).
Karishad is keeping Keene's goons...occupied so that Fido can kick Jata's tail uninterrupted. And it appears that either they planned this strategy beforehand, or Tarot unleashed Kari on the goons because she and Kari are friends.
Ah right, forgot that (however, always an officer he is...). But, couldn't his mates Kevin and Ralph intervent instead of him? They have to stay under Feraga's rules? Because of where they are now? Don't let's forget that Milton's residence is exceptionally the Feraga's embassy for a week. So, being Feraga's territory, Fido risks to undergo on crimes established by the micronation... And Feraga is now governed by Jata (his father died): he decides everything and he's who's being challenged... Yet more worse troubles for Fido. :|
Good and precious help from Karishad. Yeah, seems like he has done something against Keene's goons because they resault to don't be able to respond on Keene's calling. Could be happened so: Sabrina telepathically asked help to Tarot and she has proposed his friend Karishad for the helping. There's to see what else he can do, now (Karishad is able to do the impossible :P): he named the Cornhole game, and so, could he have got some allies to form a team and "play" it? If yes, they plan to lauch sacks against the enemies to defeat them, reminding the playing of that game? A battle... This sounds epic.
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Gren wrote:
valerio wrote: Fido is off duty, as he said himself. Not to mention that it would be a *very* bad idea to call his rank now that he has violated about a dozen protocols with this intrusion. It wouldn't be surprising if he'd get a bad case of disciplinary after this stunt (all worth it, btw!).
Not to mention he's attacking a prince, who is supposed to have diplomatic immunity. I'd say this could cost him his job. But he must be prepared to assume the consequences of his doings. At this moment, nothing else matters but to have his beloved back in his arms.
To be fair he challenged Jata, Jata attacked him. They both entered into the trial by combat willingly, so neither would be legally punishable for that much, though Fido may have some repercussions coming for the interruption itself.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Hedronal wrote:To be fair he challenged Jata, Jata attacked him. They both entered into the trial by combat willingly, so neither would be legally punishable for that much, though Fido may have some repercussions coming for the interruption itself.
You got a point, though if he is punished or not it'll depend on how his bosses view the event (besides, this interruption will surely generate some international repercussions if the police dog is not punished for his actions, but then again, he was off dutty so I can't tell what could happen).

Now I want to know how Sabrina is taking all of this since, as far as I know, she hates violence.
ImageImage
Karl

Post by Karl »

Eemi wrote:Btw, is cornhole popular game in the US? Never heard of it before.
Oh, those Americans and their silly-for-us-Europeans team games! =D
I'm a bookworm!
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

0-0 JUST KEEP HOLDING ON FIDO looks like jata knows som marshal arts
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Gren wrote:
Hedronal wrote:To be fair he challenged Jata, Jata attacked him. They both entered into the trial by combat willingly, so neither would be legally punishable for that much, though Fido may have some repercussions coming for the interruption itself.
You got a point, though if he is punished or not it'll depend on how his bosses view the event (besides, this interruption will surely generate some international repercussions if the police dog is not punished for his actions, but then again, he was off dutty so I can't tell what could happen).

Now I want to know how Sabrina is taking all of this since, as far as I know, she hates violence.
Unless this somehow turns out well for Keene without his having to shift it much, or someone above Fido in the police chain of command punishes him greatly, Keene will probably have him dealt with backhandedly as well, with or without immediate legal action. He never said he didn't want to be evil, and while he still is partially good too, he would not be in at all a good mood after this if it blows up in his face.
Karlos wrote:
Eemi wrote:Btw, is cornhole popular game in the US? Never heard of it before.
Oh, those Americans and their silly-for-us-Europeans team games! =D
Ditto on essentially every country ever.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Most weddings I have been to the fight does not start until the reception.
You should've been at my uncle's wedding. Ninjas everywhere! Even Chuck Norris fought against the Xenemorphs.
Feel my icy wrath!
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Cesco wrote:So, being Feraga's territory, Fido risks to undergo on crimes established by the micronation...
Still, if Fido were to win he should be exempt from such crimes as he has proven himself worthy of Sabrina in the ultimate test. Unless Jata is a sore loser...
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Gamewolf67 wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:Most weddings I have been to the fight does not start until the reception.
You should've been at my uncle's wedding. Ninjas everywhere! Even Chuck Norris fought against the Xenemorphs.
That's what happens when you pay a dowry in beer.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

I just realized that I don't know what we call the Sabrina/Fido couple. Is it something like Sabrido or Fibrina?
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Iceheart wrote:I just realized that I don't know what we call the Sabrina/Fido couple. Is it something like Sabrido or Fibrina?
Please. No.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Leven

Post by Leven »

If it were Fido's police corp. buddies to punish him, it would be sergeant Ralph to decide the punishment. But well we will have to see, and I don't know if Jata is a sore loser. Hmm…well I don't think the repercussions will be to bad. Because after all it was an accepted challenge to win Sabrina, he could have just ignored it but chose to fight instead. Plus Fido is going to be teased by his brother Bino for being a cat lover. Also Fox may punch him in the shoulder or give him the silent treatment. So there are some repercussions, already in affect.
Satsura

Post by Satsura »

Hello, first time registered user here.
This arc is all kinds of great. Great trama and one of the major secrets of the series being dealt with (akin to Peanut's crush on Grape or King's wedding)
My overlook on Jata (other than him being extremely cool, hoping he's not a one-arc trick) is that he's a guy who just doesn't want to get ripped off (over that eternal love promise that he took way too seriously) and wants what he was promised a long time ago. That doesn't justify the behavior/attitude, but gives it a relevant reason.
I hope that this doesn't end with someone comparing this with... waking up...
In other notes, Squeak would have a field day with Jata 8-)
Last edited by Satsura on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Satsura wrote:Hello, first time registered user here.
Welcome Satsura!

Anyway, I can't wait to see what Karishad has in store.
Satsura

Post by Satsura »

Saturn381 wrote:
Welcome Satsura!

Anyway, I can't wait to see what Karishad has in store.

He scares me.. He's like the oler brother and complete opposite from the twins of the Shining I bet the Goon Squad is knocked out cold on darts.

Karishad: "Come play with me... Cornhole"
Last edited by Satsura on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Jata knows the ancient Feragan technique of being able to twist his head around 180 degrees

Fido is doomed
ImageImage
ImageImage
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Welcome!
Satsura wrote:
*Shivers at the thought*
Alexander wrote:The bit in panel four looks like a leg lock of some kind. He's pushing his hips forward and using Jata's knee (approximately) as a fulcrum in a direction opposite the way it's supposed to go (AKA snapping it like a twig.) My thoughts are that he's going to basically show Jata why police dogs are effective against big, strong fellers like himself.
Cerberusx wrote:Fido's best chance is to go for Jata's knees. And I mean break them. Once he does that Jata is done.
Was "The Karate Kid" PG or PG-13? It's the only kid-rated thing I can think of where a main character is (very painfully) injured in combat at the knee.

By the way, to me it looks this way:
Panel 2: Fido attempts to catch the leg.
Panel 3: Fido realizes he hasn't stopped it at all.
Panel 4: Fido holds on for dear life...
Mickey the Luxray wrote:
Eemi wrote: Btw, is cornhole popular game in the US? Never heard of it before.
I think it's more of a Midwestern thing, it certainly isn't popular where I live. When it is played, though, we don't even call it cornhole, we just call it "beanbag toss"
I live in Wisconsin and I never heard it called "cornhole" until I read it here on HP!.
Kitch wrote:Just thought of this...

KICK BACKWARD, FIDO!!! GET HIM IN THE *ahem*!!!
!

Also, I think he's too short to reach. And that ice is a little thin, I think...
Hukley wrote:C'mon, Fido! Do the Falcon Punch! :D
Or a barrel roll?
*ducks*
Welsh Halfwit wrote: What is the next verse of Sabrina's song?
"My prince has come to take me away,
But with my Fido I'd rather stay.
As they fight I'm very worried.
Oh how I wish that I had hurried...
To the chapel downtown with my love,
Instead I'll be married to this bub;
Unless my Fido this fight wins,
I wonder 'should I pull the pins'...
From this dress and run away
With my Fido where can stay.
Forever together in another dimension.
Where our love will cause us no more dissention."

Welshie, you want to continue this one?
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Satsura

Post by Satsura »

TheOne wrote:
Satsura wrote:
*Shivers at the thought*
It worked before, why it wouldn't work now?
It's rumored that Mr(s) Bigglesworth is still washing his/her foot.
Sinder wrote:Jata knows the ancient Feragan technique of being able to twist his head around 180 degrees

Fido is doomed
Spoiler: Jata's dad was an owl.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Welcome Satsura. :)
jrodsqod wrote:Please tell me I wasn't the only one who googled cornhole. :D
You weren't, I never knew about its existance before. If this game has been mentioned, there could be a precise reason. I've attempted to guess it, but can't wait to see what it'll be.
Radio Blue Heart wrote:
Iceheart wrote:I just realized that I don't know what we call the Sabrina/Fido couple. Is it something like Sabrido or Fibrina?
Please. No.
LOL! :lol: This has already been discussed some comic strips ago. The official name of this shipping is Sabrido. ;)
Sinder wrote:Jata knows the ancient Feragan technique of being able to twist his head around 180 degrees

Fido is doomed
Ahah! Effectively. :P However, the end of this blocking action is a bit confusing. In a way, Fido has succeeded to block Jata's leg by staying on it, and this has made him fall down on ground.
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

TheOne wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:What is the next verse of Sabrina's song?
Welshie, you want to continue this one?
If I may join the poetry,

My plan awry has come to pass,
It seems their secret wouldn't last;
I'd save this wedding, it can't be awful,
They'd make it a PR debacle;
"Where is my goon squad' rakes my mind,
What trouble came with this dog's whine;
Those two don't see the larger goal,
She could have had a noble role;
In need of help, I have the authorities,
With one recurrence in my and their stories;
Though all the power my name merits,
I first must start 'Yes, I'm a ferret!'
RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:
Eemi wrote: Btw, is cornhole popular game in the US? Never heard of it before.
I think it's more of a Midwestern thing, it certainly isn't popular where I live. When it is played, though, we don't even call it cornhole, we just call it "beanbag toss"
I live in the Midwest, and I don't think it's popular where I live. And yes, when I was younger, it was definitely called "Beanbag Toss."
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Who ist the secret goone squad?

I would have said Miles' cubs, but they have been in the church at King's and Bailey's wedding. Image

(By clicking through the wedding comics, I suddenly had to start Simon & Garfunkel's Mrs. Robinson - don't know why. :D)
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING!
Remember "???" the leopard ghost from that arc where the K-9 unit went to find that stolen treasure? ??? was a leopard too? Maybe Jata is ???, right?
Feel my icy wrath!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Gamewolf67 wrote:I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING!
Remember "???" the leopard ghost from that arc where the K-9 unit went to find that stolen treasure? ??? was a leopard too? Maybe Jata is ???, right?
No, that was an ancient JAGUAR warrior, bestowed with the task of guarding over the Aztec treasure.
ryth

Post by ryth »

Да, это был леопард воин, так что он не имел ничего общего с джата. Однако они оба потрясающие иероглифы

sorry, i just felt the need for Russian
if you want to read that just put it into google translate. :twisted:
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

I'm pretty sure that Teoxihuitl was Native/Meso American, not African.
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

valerio wrote:
No, that was an ancient JAGUAR warrior, bestowed with the task of guarding over the Aztec treasure.
Ah. They looked similar, aside from the supernatural aura thingy.
Feel my icy wrath!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

TheOne wrote:
Was "The Karate Kid" PG or PG-13? It's the only kid-rated thing I can think of where a main character is (very painfully) injured in combat at the knee.

By the way, to me it looks this way:
Panel 2: Fido attempts to catch the leg.
Panel 3: Fido realizes he hasn't stopped it at all.
Panel 4: Fido holds on for dear life...

I think the 80s original was PG because they didn't have PG-13 yet. I don't know about the sequels/reboots.
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Has anyone thought that Sabrina's owner might show up and stop the fight? That's what I think might happen.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Fallout otter wrote:Has anyone thought that Sabrina's owner might show up and stop the fight? That's what I think might happen.
I doubt it, but that would be an interesting idea.

Also, welcome to the forums Fallout otter!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Fallout otter wrote:Has anyone thought that Sabrina's owner might show up and stop the fight? That's what I think might happen.
No, nobody did because there's a clear reason: he's not available in town. Sabrina tried to call him, but who replied has been the automatic secretary, saying to call Sabrina at home phone number for any emergency. :P Here the comic strip.

Welcome to the forum. ;)
Satsura

Post by Satsura »

I don't think "man vs. leopard" would develop well.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

ryth wrote:Да, это был леопард воин, так что он не имел ничего общего с джата. Однако они оба потрясающие иероглифы ("

sorry, i just felt the need for Russian
if you want to read that just put it into google translate. :twisted:
Nope. This used to be codified in the forum rules, but was left out of the last version and I'll add it back now: If you post something in a language that isn't English, you need to provide an English translation. There is no reason to force people to an external site to read your comments on the comic. Here's the Google translation: "Yes, it was a leopard warrior, so he did not have anything to do with jata. However, they are both awesome characters"
Xane wrote:Ralph's little hardwired police brain is probably very close to popping by now.
I'm not sure if you're intentionally insulting law enforcement officers, but controversial statements really are not allowed. :3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

After seeing Fido's stance in panel 1 I just HAD to make another one! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

That's a cool move Fido and all, but you know Jata has perfect opportunity to use his other leg to pummel your head to a potato mash. Size difference is pretty harsh problem yo.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

EvanAierkan wrote:That's a cool move Fido and all, but you know Jata has perfect opportunity to use his other leg to pummel your head to a potato mash. Size difference is pretty harsh problem yo.
But if Fido's hanging on to his ankles, wouldn't Jata basically have to sit down to do something like that? Else he'd just fall over. Unless he just brings his leg down, starts hopping it on one foot, and THEN tries to attack but that'd be giving Fido the opportunity to do some serious damage.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Saturn381 wrote:
I doubt it, but that would be an interesting idea.

Also, welcome to the forums Fallout otter!
One can travel far and fast in this age.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Render wrote:Who ist the secret goone squad?
Given the cornhole reference, probably the feral black footed ferrets from the zoo.

Pine martens would be tougher!

Wolverines. Honey badgers.

The weasels from Roger Rabbit were pretty tough.

Those were just actors, Cinnamon.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Argent wrote:
Render wrote:Who ist the secret goone squad?
Given the cornhole reference, probably the feral black footed ferrets from the zoo.

Pine martens would be tougher!

Wolverines. Honey badgers.

The weasels from Roger Rabbit were pretty tough.

Those were just actors, Cinnamon.
While we're at it, Zach never met the higher predators of the wilds that now worship him.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Hedronal wrote:While we're at it, Zach never met the higher predators of the wilds that now worship him.
Like Saucy Vixen and Rabid Raccoon?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @