Re: 2013/11/08 - I Just Love Weddings

Post by Alexander »

This is all too awesome!

... Can we get a triple strip?

Can we can we can we?!
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Alexander wrote:This is all too awesome!

Can we can we can we?!
Rick can put one in whenever he wants (who'd complain), though thus far they've all been on christmas.
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

I was right about that cake... -_- It's always the victim.

For those who successfully picked this arc as Sabrina's impending close encounter to drowning arc, you have won a free $100 8-12 Coupon!*
*Valid only at selected outlets**
**Branches: Ross Ice Sheet Antarctica, Area 51, Martian Deimos Colony and Vatican Archives.***
***Coupon is only valid for 1 day after issue.
icexcap wrote:Okay three words...

:D SUPER....SMASH.....FURRIES!! :D
Who will get the hammer...? e_e
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Hedronal wrote:
Alexander wrote:This is all too awesome!

Can we can we can we?!
Rick can put one in whenever he wants (who'd complain), though thus far they've all been on christmas.
So what you're saying is... we need to blackmail/bribe/sweet talk him into a triple strip for what has to be my second favorite arc of all time? :D (Right next to The King and I because oh my gosh King and Bailey yes yes yes.)
Leven

Post by Leven »

Gren wrote:
Leven wrote:Trying to remember when Tarot gave that prediction, as I read every page yet I do not remember.
Thanks for that, hmm well if she nearly drowns that could mean that Fido might have to give her CPR. To save her as well, who knows though. But it would be interesting to see CPR between Fido and Sabrina.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Dissension wrote:I love Poncho to death.
It's safe to say he's the most popular wolf these days. =3 And that pose... THE POSE!

Love the shading detail on Jata's knee strike. Don't kill me, Jack. X3

I'm betting on Monday's comic, Fido grabs Sabrina just before she goes into the water. ;)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
valerio

Post by valerio »

GameCobra wrote:
It's safe to say he's the most popular wolf these days. =3 And that pose... THE POSE!

I'm betting on Monday's comic, Fido grabs Sabrina just before she goes into the water. ;)
...or she falls in. Break To Jata realizing what he has done. Break back to Fido bringing her to safety. Final panel on Jata falling to his knees, looking defeated
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

It's gonna take a lot of tranquilizers to take down that mad cat. Or a few tazers....
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

holy crap

it's actually happening

I am going to die. My heart is going to explode. I don't know why it excites me so much but **** THE ART OF THIS STRIP AND THE REACTION AND EVERYTHING.

HERE WE GO ARE YOU READY

man I really need sleep

Mod Edit: Sorry, use of religious figures as profanity is not allowed.
*cough*
Muninn

Post by Muninn »

GameCobra wrote:

Poncho is awesome but I still love Miles :)
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

CRUSH! CRUSH! CRUSH! CRUSH!!!!

Okay now jata tarts to bug me too... He started off to be nice, but since when it is ok to prove "love" with violence? That oversized kid... FINE, PREPARE the EAGLE and lets make this wedding to turn from a mobfight INTO CAR-MAGEDDON (or KARMA-Geddon) *maniac laughter* Car-pocalypse, YEHaaaaaoooowww....

Okay that's akward!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

So when does Grape appear and wipe the floor with Jata?

She has already made a crocodile tap out in defeat.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Dissension wrote:[ I Just Love Weddings ]

Title Text: Of COURSE it happens to be the ONE DAY they actually have WATER in the pool

I love Poncho to death.

Also, I like how the K-9 Unit's running around with handcuffs, arresting everyone. :3
I imagine Kevin yelling "You're under arrest for not getting a gift!"
Feel my icy wrath!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

GameCobra wrote:

I think she'll fall in and suddenly find herself in a empty void like Max did in the last arc and Picard did in the NextGen episode "Tapestry" . Pete will appear, try to convince her that her life in Babylon Gardens is essentially over now that everyone knows her secret and tries to get her to be his avatar in exchange for hitting the reset button. She considers, refuses....and "wakes up" in Fido's arms as he gives her CPR.

But then I was wrong about Falstaff and Truck and the cake ending up on Jata, so what do I know?
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Date of the prediction: 18 August, 2010
Current date: 8 Nov, 2013

Anyone else think that Rick is one of the most brilliant foreshadow'ers out there?
WhoElseButQuagmire

TarkaTarquol wrote:Date of the prediction: 18 August, 2010
Current date: 8 Nov, 2013

Anyone else think that Rick is one of the most brilliant foreshadow'ers out there?
Ether that or a TVTropes instance of 'Throw It In' ... Possibly he originally just intended it to be a one time joke example of Tarot's wacky predictions and decided to use it once everyone started bringing it up earlier this year. :)
Vulpes

Post by Vulpes »

Ah. The ol' predict-something-and-then-it-comes-true trick.

Wait, is that a thing? I think Rick just made it one. He's certainly one of the best planners I've seen if this is deliberate, which - in my opinion - it quite clearly is.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

Dissension wrote:[ I Just Love Weddings ]

Title Text: Of COURSE it happens to be the ONE DAY they actually have WATER in the pool

I love Poncho to death.

Also, I like how the K-9 Unit's running around with handcuffs, arresting everyone. :3
Go Poncho!

Didn't Tarot say Sabrina would drown or something three years ago in the story arc "Theme Park World"?
Leven wrote:
Gren wrote:
Leven wrote:Trying to remember when Tarot gave that prediction, as I read every page yet I do not remember.
Thanks for that, hmm well if she nearly drowns that could mean that Fido might have to give her CPR. To save her as well, who knows though. But it would be interesting to see CPR between Fido and Sabrina.
Holy @#*%!!

Mod Edit: Please do not triple post. If you need to add new information to a thread and yours is its most recent post, you may use the edit button in that post's upper-right corner.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

My wolf of the day is definitely Poncho. He is so small (compared to the others) but so heroic. While the other cannot conquer some dogs he's trying to defeat
the evil pirate the evil Jata. (Just like Guybrush Threepwood while his crew was just whale watching. ;) )

Gbr23 wrote:Gotta love the K9 trying to arrest Uncle Deadeye
The Officer looks so helpless. And it seems he is not to be really sure why he shall arrest somebody who isn't doing anything.
Xane wrote:I was kind of hoping the whole 'drowning' thing wouldn't come into play just to annoy all the people who have been demanding to see it for the past 3 months. :mrgreen:
I already thought the pool would be only there to troll us.
On Monday there will be a great moment for Fido, Sabrina you must be holding out for a hero.

xhunterko wrote:Honestly though after such an intense arc, I think a silly break is needed.
You mean on Monday we will have a quiet strip showing only Sabrina slowly sinking to the buttom of the pool and thinking of her life, her love and the universe?
That would be great! OK, not silly but silent.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
WhoElseButQuagmire

GameCobra wrote:
That would be worse from Sabrina's POV......

Fido: Will you marry me, Sabrina?
Sabrina: Oh yes! yes! I will!
Fido: I have our honeymoon spot all picked out! A little lakeside cabin my Dad owns.
Sabrina: Oh, carp!
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

IceKitsune wrote:Wouldn't they all be focusing on arresting Jata right now since he kind of started this whole thing and is keeping it going? Also they had no human units on sight at all?
Yeah, where are they? if they were around theey could end this with tranquilizers.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

GameCobra wrote:I'm betting on Monday's comic, Fido grabs Sabrina just before she goes into the water. ;)
Probably this. We all know how much Rick loves to troll! (and that's not in any way a bad thing!) :3

I also think its cute that Sabrina still remembers the prediction. Never thought she would hold so much value onto Tarot's 'crazy talk'.
Funny, I also always thought it'd be a lake :P

the..the DETAIL in this strip! so much...IT HURTS XD
I'm adoring this new art style...pls make this a regular thing...plsplspls :)
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

He's beating up on a guy who is missing an arm?! Is he going to tip over some wheel chairs?
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
ryth

Post by ryth »

I JUST REALIZED, rick might be trolling us, the prediction says she will almost drown, that doesn't mean she actually has to hit the water... just be saved beforehand, so next panel might be fido grabbing her before she hits the water.
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

Three years for a brick joke -- but I doubt that's a record (I think Bob Newhart holds that one).

The matter with the K9 Kops basically keeping anyone from interfering with Jata reminds me of my favorite dialog from the Lethal Weapon movies:
Jeffrey Boam wrote:Arjen Rudd: Diplomatic immunity!

Roger Murtaugh: It's just been revoked!
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
icarus

Post by icarus »

just re-appearing to say thank you, gren.
i couldn't remember when that prediction was made, and you saved me a lot of archive searching.
do you think the girls here ever wonder how they got so pretty?
well, i do.
ryth

Post by ryth »

Cerberusx wrote:It's gonna take a lot of tranquilizers to take down that mad cat. Or a few tazers....
tranquilazors? or tazequilizers?
its an electric tranquil dart. it subdues and shocks :twisted:
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
Muse

Post by Muse »

Xane wrote:I was kind of hoping the whole 'drowning' thing wouldn't come into play just to annoy all the people who have been demanding to see it for the past 3 months. :mrgreen:

Same here.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
GameCobra wrote:

I think she'll fall in and suddenly find herself in a empty void like Max did in the last arc and Picard did in the NextGen episode "Tapestry" . Pete will appear, try to convince her that her life in Babylon Gardens is essentially over now that everyone knows her secret and tries to get her to be his avatar in exchange for hitting the reset button. She considers, refuses....and "wakes up" in Fido's arms as he gives her CPR.

But then I was wrong about Falstaff and Truck and the cake ending up on Jata, so what do I know?
Maybe Q will appear and tell Sabrina "Welcome to the afterlife...you're dead." Like in that episode when Picard dies.
Feel my icy wrath!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Gren wrote:OMG! OMG! OMG! It's finally happening! And Fido is nowhere to be found. I'd say Tarot told him and he's preparing himself to save her. Unless an unexpected person appears to save her? Could it be Karishad? Max? Pete? DUN DUN DUN
The best swimmers are Bailey, Gambit, and Tarmac.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

ryth wrote:I JUST REALIZED, rick might be trolling us, the prediction says she will almost drown, that doesn't mean she actually has to hit the water... just be saved beforehand, so next panel might be fido grabbing her before she hits the water.
Tarot wrote:the "wettest you will ever get", that will be in three years from now when you nearly drown
I assume water is needed to become SO wet!
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote: I think she'll fall in and suddenly find herself in a empty void like Max did in the last arc and Picard did in the NextGen episode "Tapestry" . Pete will appear, try to convince her that her life in Babylon Gardens is essentially over now that everyone knows her secret and tries to get her to be his avatar in exchange for hitting the reset button. She considers, refuses....and "wakes up" in Fido's arms as he gives her CPR.
"No weird time stuff".
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

Kudos to all who guessed that Sabrina would fall into the pool.
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
Hera Ledro

Post by Hera Ledro »

So yeah, in one of my Facebook shares of the comic from a little while ago, I wondered whether or not Rick would do a full-on fight scene and tentatively predicted he would not. Thank you for proving me wrong Rick; this is awesome. Also, hope Fido can catch/rescue Sabrina.
andyyee

Post by andyyee »

I figure she learned to swim, at least because of that prediction. But then again, normally she doesn't have to wear clothes, because what's the chance she would be getting married? But wait, wouldn't she have been able to predict Jata coming to marry her, too :-)

I figure she predicted "lake" since she's still in training.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Its amazing that the police dogs are detaining the wolves and not the rich leopard that is beating up a handicap guy!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Argent

Post by Argent »

There aren't any wolves in Africa, but the cape hunting dog serves as a reasonable proxy.

One on one, a leopard is more than a match for a hunting dog. But against a pack of dogs? Leopard loses.

http://500px.com/photo/11947759
http://www.grantatkinson.com/blog/leopa ... ango-delta
http://kathdanaher.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... wild-dogs/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

They're probably too weakened by easy suburban life!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Gbr23 wrote:Gotta love the K9 trying to arrest Uncle Deadeye
Are you sure he's trying to arrest Deadeye? Somehow I get the feeling that Deadeye hasn't moved a millimeter (except for breathing) since the epic pose panel. Something else tells me Deadeye has a "sixth sense" (try saying that 5 times fast) and he might rush in to save Sabrina while everyone else is squabbling. (Though having the old sage save the young kitten wouldn't really fit with the storyline it would be interesting to see Deadeye's expression actually change while he chastises everyone for getting away from what's important.)
But then it would have to come up later...
xhunterko wrote:Honestly though after such an intense arc, I think a silly break is needed.
here you go, just be satisfied.
Stuff. wrote:holy crap

it's actually happening

I am going to die. My heart is going to explode. I don't know why it excites me so much but ... THE ART OF THIS STRIP AND THE REACTION AND EVERYTHING.
Now Renard, it's not that bad, is it?
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Zrip

Post by Zrip »

Render wrote:
ryth wrote:I JUST REALIZED, rick might be trolling us, the prediction says she will almost drown, that doesn't mean she actually has to hit the water... just be saved beforehand, so next panel might be fido grabbing her before she hits the water.
Tarot wrote:the "wettest you will ever get", that will be in three years from now when you nearly drown
I assume water is needed to become SO wet!
Although a storm seems to be approaching if the weather in the strip is any indication. It's possible that Sabrina will be saved just before hitting the water and suddenly, BOOM, heavy downpour of rain at the ceremony.

If that's not the case, it's a good excuse to draw Fido jumping into the pool, saving Sabrina, and having a wide panel of "kissing" her back to life— to which we get an exaggerated reaction from the crowd watching the event take place. I won't complain if that happens.
Wanna chat? Feel free to send me a PM, or ask for my new Skype account if you want. I don't bite— although I do nom. *Noms* :3

-Banner here-
"Awe-inspiring quote." - Famous person