2013/11/22 - Blue Lines And Red Tape

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: 2013/11/22 - Blue Lines And Red Tape

Post by Sleet »

Well these guys seemed to have reacted okay. But now for the rest...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

This strip makes me wonder if Ralph is some kind of robot or something. I get that he was suspicious, but he seems so... hollow...
Don't get me wrong; I think he's a good character and has good morals. I just don't see any compassion or emotions. (except his anger when he flipped out at the wedding...)

I really don't get Kevin's question. It could be my headache messing with me, but the "chasing" doesn't make sense. (man, my head feels like I've been hit for real...)
Is it that Kevin is assuming Fido likes Sabrina for the exercise?
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

TheOne wrote:This strip makes me wonder if Ralph is some kind of robot or something. I get that he was suspicious, but he seems so... hollow...
Don't get me wrong; I think he's a good character and has good morals. I just don't see any compassion or emotions. (except his anger when he flipped out at the wedding...)
He's clearly a no-nonsense sort of police dog that takes his work seriously. It's a pretty understandable character, the way I see it.
I really don't get Kevin's question. It could be my headache messing with me, but the "chasing" doesn't make sense. (man, my head feels like I've been hit for real...)
No, no... he's referencing the trope of dogs chasing cats. He's always been a bit "simple," so he doesn't quite understand what a strange romance like Fido's and Sabrina's would entail.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

valerio wrote:
Acritic2 wrote:I don't think we need Tarot to know bad times are coming for Fido and Sabrina
Not necessarily. Sure, Bino will enjoy torturing his brother out of the Club (provided Fido has not become a true hero for the pool stunt by then), but now Fido can love Sabrina without any fears for his job as cop anymore. PLUS, he may get to become best buddy with Peanut and Grape, yay!^^
Not to mention, didn't Rick posted a drawing on facebook of Tarot that sorta hints that Fido and Sabrina are going to be okay?
ryth

Post by ryth »

Ralph's black eye makes him look really mad for some reason.
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Kitch wrote:I'm surprised Ralph's okay with it. In fact, it almost sounds like he wishes Fido had told him sooner.
Yes, and also Kevin...
Kitch wrote:
Hukley wrote:So everything's OK on Fidos side (All's well that ends well) :mrgreen: Now I can't wait to see Jata again :)
I wouldn't say that so quickly. He still has Fox and Bino to deal with, and Rick hasn't said this is the end yet.
I don't think that Fox really has such a big problem with Fido's relationship with Sabrina. Him not liking 'catlovers' was just following Bino in the past. Probably he will fine with the relationship itself, if he thinks about it, and he has had a little time already. There will be a bigger problem with the fact that Fido didn't inform him earlier.
King will have a similar problem with Fox in the future. Wonder when this secret will be revealed.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Squirrelboy265

Post by Squirrelboy265 »

ryth wrote:Ralph's black eye makes him look really mad for some reason.
I get the sneaking suspicion that he looks that way because he is that way. He was in charge when a massive beatdown happened, of which he was a party. None too pleasing of an event and certainly a cause for anger.

TheOne wrote:I really don't get Kevin's question. It could be my headache messing with me, but the "chasing" doesn't make sense. (man, my head feels like I've been hit for real...)
I think this has to do more with the idea that dogs chase cats, typically, and now that Fido is in a relationship with a cat the standard roles have dynamically changed.
Last edited by Squirrelboy265 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Render wrote:King will have a similar problem with Fox in the future. Wonder when this secret will be revealed.[/color]
You and me both. That revelation aims to possibly be the most massive change to the landscape in the history of the comic.
bug1

Post by bug1 »

Kill him Fido, kill him!! Pound him into ob-liven!! :twisted:
Troll on people Troll on!! :D
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

bug1 wrote:Kill him Fido, kill him!! Pound him into ob-liven!! :twisted:
Wouldn't that cause even more problems? He could get send to the pound for that.
Satsura

Post by Satsura »

Oh look, no one gives a care. Good for Fido, who managed to get the fairer punishment (instead of getting off scot-free. That's a pet peeve of mine. Punishment where due must be served even if lightly, regardless of how noble the reason)... Okay, maybe he also deserved Kevin's navieté, but some beg to differ on that
Ryusuta wrote:
Render wrote:King will have a similar problem with Fox in the future. Wonder when this secret will be revealed.[/color]
You and me both. That revelation aims to possibly be the most massive change to the landscape in the history of the comic.
One ground-breaking revelation at a time, gents
Marco

Post by Marco »

Bummer, Fido's got administrative leave all for the sake of love! >w< lol, thanks Kevin that will surely cheer Fido up in no time! ;)
Azsassin

Post by Azsassin »

Always be honost or stuff like this will happen :lol: and Kevin, hilarious :lol:
Never join something you can't quit. Join something you will stay in.
~Kevin Fan~
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

Sinder wrote:Peanut has such an awesome tan
Durr... Peanut?

At first, I thought Kevin was being a jerk, but now I realize he's just being Kevin -- not the sharpest pencil in the box. He's curious, but he's sort of out there sometimes...
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
valerio

Post by valerio »

My, Fido looks just like Peanut, today! Even m*brick'd*
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

valerio wrote:My, Fido looks just like Peanut, today! Even m*brick'd*
Oh my gosh! He does look like Peanut. :lol:
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Xane wrote:
Perfesser_Bear wrote:At first, I thought Kevin was being a jerk, but now I realize he's just being Kevin -- not the sharpest pencil in the box. He's curious, but he's sort of out there sometimes...
Yeah, he looks really curious in panel 7 and just confused in panel 8, there's no grin like he's teasing Fido. More like "I *really* don't see the appeal, please explain it".
If anything he'd be mad at missing out on the brawl! I bet he could take Jata!
I would even go so far and say, if Kevin was here then he would had jumped in for Fido instead of the Wolves :lol:

At least Fido has his K9 Buddies on his side. :D
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Saturn381 wrote:
It's almost like they were drawn by the same person or something!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

That's right, it's a matter of Fido, it's an his personal thing, and it hasn't to involve his work, despite it can create suspects there and finally has caused all this trouble. However Fido, you must accept the three weeks of suspension because of your irruption at the wedding, you had to aspect this (maybe could have been worse).
Ralph, your professionality at work even in this moment can't guarantee to Fido that his secret remained between you and the other police buddies. Apprently, you're showing to don't care of the weird relationship between a dog and a cat, but can really be so in your private moments? Wouldn't you all spread the voice? Then, probably Fido was feeling kinda ashamed to confess it to someone, that's also how a secret works... But, anwyay, the things ended differently: now everyone in the city knows the secret. Now all can happen.
LOL Kevin, you seem to don't know how a love story can born, doesn't matter of the species... But, are you still Sasha's latest boyfriend?
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Cesco wrote:LOL Kevin, you seem to don't know how a love story can born, doesn't matter of the species... But, are you still Sasha's latest boyfriend?
Yeah, but he's probably never dated a cat before.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Xane wrote:Sheppies are too suspicious for their own good!

Hiding his relationship may not have been the best choice, but considering how interspecies relationships are looked upon by most dogs (cats don't really seem to care so much...) you can't really blame him for trying to keep it a secret...

Oh Kevin you're so cute and goofy.
Why do you think he's my avatar right now?
Feel my icy wrath!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Xane wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:Even though Ralph has always been pretty professional, I still find it strange that he is behaving so professionally in a private conversation with Fido.

Weren't they best buddies? Why does is Ralph so distant, then?
Well they're at the police station dealing with the aftermath of all this, so I think it's still considered a professional situation.

I don't think it's ever really been indicated that Ralph and Fido are good friends. The fact that Ralph was able to be so suspicious of Fido kind of indicates the opposite. They both work well together, but I think that's about it. So Ralph is happy that he was wrong and Fido's still a good guy. Just because you are friendly with your coworkers doesn't mean you are friends with your coworkers. Police tend to have a tighter bond than the average job but that doesn't mean Ralph and Fido and Kevin go out for orange sodas on the weekends.
I recall Kevin going with Fido to the tackle shop.. even though Kevin had a different idea of what that shop was about.
Also, Ralph has also had his moment of casual behaviour, specially on the Aztec treasure story arc, so I trully assumed the k9 trio were best friends!
valerio wrote:Ralph was BORN professional :twisted:
But seriously, he's definitely one dog to have certain priorities. But his speech, formal as it was, sounded of friendship in its own way.
He still looks pretty angry.
Maybe that's why he is being so professional, to repress his desire to strangle Fido for causing that whole mess?
Ryusuta wrote:
No, no... he's referencing the trope of dogs chasing cats. He's always been a bit "simple," so he doesn't quite understand what a strange romance like Fido's and Sabrina's would entail.
He seems to be trying to measure his words carefully but stills makes his statements and questions sound akward.

I ruined my own life doing that.
Gamewolf67 wrote:Oh...six months 'tll he's human again.
Oh, please! Oh, please! Oh, please! Oh, please! Oh, please! Oh, please! Oh, please! Oh, please! Oh, please! Oh, please! *Crosses fingers.*
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Close, but Peanut looks a tad angrier. Fido looks less angry and more annoyed.

lol, I just had a thought: maybe I should flip my avatar horizontally until Monday...nah!
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
PineCat

Post by PineCat »

*Works on paper work* Poor Fido, ah well. At least they're not getting on him for being 'a cat lover'. I think this ended pretty well. o3o
I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didn't have to always deal with society hating me.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Saturn381 wrote:
Oh my! Exactly! :o

Satsura wrote:
Ryusuta wrote:
One ground-breaking revelation at a time, gents
It may be next summer when the year is over.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

PineCat wrote:At least they're not getting on him for being 'a cat lover'.
Yet.
RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

At least Fido will be back on the unit in 3 weeks. For now, he can spend all his time with Sabrina. :3
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
Muninn

Post by Muninn »

Kevin is.....simple. Nice guy, good heart, but he's not the deepest thinker on the K9 Unit :lol:
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Aaaand then Sergeant Ralph goes home...

...lies on the floor...

...and starts laughing hysterically because he wouldn't allow himself to at the workplace for he had to maintain a level of professionalism :P

Also, love how this double strip is a single strip. (tags!)
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Dissension wrote:
Stuff. wrote:...I know that was supposed to be a pun, but I have never heard the phrase "fair cop" before

What...does it mean? :I

*feels dumb*
It's a fair cop, gov.
Congratulations! You won a internet!
I like this color/.
Join the Housepets! IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23HPRT&uio=d4 #HPRT
Rick Griffin-Pete Griffin. Brothers?
I love mods. Now shush before I drag one over here...
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Xane wrote:I suspect Kevin is like Sasha... a lot smarter than he acts sometimes.
Maybe that's why they're a perfect match for each other and are currently dating.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Iceheart wrote:
Xane wrote:I suspect Kevin is like Sasha... a lot smarter than he acts sometimes.
Maybe that's why they're a perfect match for each other and are currently dating.
They are indoubitably a perfect match.

Sasha is so cronically ridiculous whenever she says what goes on her mind however, that it would not surprise me if Rick got sued for being discriminative or something.

Truth be told, though, if that actually happened, it would make like an earthquake and crack me up! :lol:
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Iceheart wrote:
They are indoubitably a perfect match.

Sasha is so cronically ridiculous whenever she says what goes on her mind however, that it would not surprise me if Rick got sued for being discriminative or something.

Truth be told, though, if that actually happened, it would make like an earthquake and crack me up! :lol:
Not funny at all. Where's my stick so I can smack you? :p
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

You know I just realized something. Ralph has stitches (or at least a bruise) on the bottom of his left eye.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Kevin probably has girls chasing him all the time...
Feel my icy wrath!
RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

Saturn381 wrote:You know I just realized something. Ralph has stitches (or at least a bruise) on the bottom of his left eye.
I think that's more of a shadow than a bruise or stitch.
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I think it's a place where his fur is a bit looser and hanging down casting a shadow, probably intended to give a "bags under the eyes" look to show that his demanding K-9 career is taking its toll
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I thought that Miles' elbow might have hit him.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

So we are gona see just how taboo a cat dog relationship is. Wasn't gona say anything, but I haven't commented on one of this in a while. *Grins from a previous thread I made months ago*
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Since pets cannot be ruled under US law, or any state/country law for that matter, I'm just wondering whether they have to abide by some pet law other than the GOE? (which really isn't a law, more like a licence to live with humans?)
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson