2013/11/25 - Certainty Certainly

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dissension

2013/11/25 - Certainty Certainly

Post by Dissension »

[ Certainty Certainly ]

Title Text: Did I say comforting? I meant . . . conforming . . . to . . . a paradigm shift . . . ?

Yay, acceptance and tolerance!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
ryth

Re: 2013/11/25 - Certainty Certainly

Post by ryth »

I abstain!
Fox looks evil in the last panel :twisted:
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

uhh ohh, fox detects something..., i wonder if King is finally gonna tell his secret? i mean, that's definitly what he's goin for it looks like to me, and i really feel bad for Fido, gettin kicked out of TGODC, gotta stink

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

How dare they vote Fido out of the G.O.D club. I am writing a strongly worded letter displaying my anger towards Bino.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

It's BINO, whatcha gonna do?

HP! Messenger
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

RatHead wrote:uhh ohh, fox detects something..., i wonder if King is finally gonna tell his secret? i mean, that's definitly what he's goin for it looks like to me, and i really feel bad for Fido, gettin kicked out of TGODC, gotta stink
While I'm sure the secret is going to come out some time I highly doubt King would reveal it now. The double-whammy may be too much for Fox. Fox seems to be barely holding it together as it is
Iceheart wrote:How dare they vote Fido out of the G.O.D club. I am writing a strongly worded letter displaying my anger towards Bino.
I he actually out of the club? Probably. But it seems to me that this was just a vote to remove him from club leadership, not revoking his membership entirely. That is very likely to come next, though...
Random thought: Fox abstained, so was Fido the 1 in "4 to 1"?
Last edited by Vyath on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
kucinganjingrumah

Post by kucinganjingrumah »

What a giveaway, King. Also, Fox looks like he's ready to take a bite on King in the last panel.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Though really King does have a much better reason from keeping his secret from Fox, why in the world would Fox (or anyone for that matter) believe him.
Muninn

Post by Muninn »

I had a feeling Bino would use this like this :(
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

RatHead wrote:uhh ohh, fox detects something..., i wonder if King is finally gonna tell his secret? i mean, that's definitly what he's goin for it looks like to me, and i really feel bad for Fido, gettin kicked out of TGODC, gotta stink
Iceheart wrote:How dare they vote Fido out of the G.O.D club. I am writing a strongly worded letter displaying my anger towards Bino.
guys, I'm pretty sure there's more than 6 members of the GODC, this vote just removed him from his spot on the leadership council

the next vote is what's going to get him out of the club. (and maybe Peanut too, since Fido's the only reason he's back in after Bino kicked him out)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Well Fox ... I´m kinda glad you abstained you know becau- WAIT !!!

Is that a ring on King´s hand ??? It looks good on him !
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Muninn

Post by Muninn »

BTW, sad Fox is so cute in panel one. But..poor kid needs to start thinking for himself. This isn't the first time he's been hurt by letting others, esp. Bino think for him (r.e., Sasha)
Last edited by Muninn on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
guys, I'm pretty sure there's more than 6 members of the GODC, this vote just removed him from his spot on the leadership council

the next vote is what's going to get him out of the club. (and maybe Peanut too, since Fido's the only reason he's back in after Bino kicked him out)
*agasps*Bino's trying to become a tyrant!

@Viath, yeah i would think so too but look at what's happening! i mean what else could he be going for?

HP! Messenger
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Gbr23 wrote:Is that a ring on King´s hand ??? It looks good on him !
of course, We already saw Bailey wearing hers in the Love and War arc, it would be kinda jerkish if King didn't wear his
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

This is way familiar to me.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I don't think King's about to reveal HIS secret. If you look at last years Christmas arc you'll see he knew about Fido and Sabrina.

Poor Fox,
the innocent victim
with questioning doubt;
watching on the TV
was no way to find out.

Poor Fox,
doubting himself
questioning his side,
watching them act
with doubtful pride.

Poor Fox
unburdening his woe
on our little, sad, King,
the one with a secret
who knew of their 'thing'.

Poor Fox
about to hear more
of betrayal by friends
who talk of Christmas past -
is that where it ends?

Poor Fox.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

4-1 without Fox? Assuming Fido is the 1, and that Bino (and maybe Duchess) are among the 4, who are the rest of the council? I like how panel two is done with the curving upward, very illustrative of Fox's current feelings. He certainly does have a moral lot to think about, though as to King's comment, he may be left to find out later, or not.
TheWolfKin

Post by TheWolfKin »

Can't say I was expecting this, but it does make sense. Bino has never really been a big fan of his older brother, him taking advantage of the event to remove Fido from the leadership of the Good Ol Dog's club is right down his alley.

Also right there is Fox abstaining from the vote. Fox has always been more accepting than the other dogs, in some senses, so it makes sense that he'd be conflicted in his thoughts, although overall okay with Fido, even if he is angry with him at this point.

Makes me both nervous and excited for when the truth comes out between King and Fox, especially due to Bailey being in the mix. This seems, at least a little, to be leading towards that, but I would be truly shocked if it actually happens soon.

Ugh, so much for the last strip being my favouirte. This one is definitely close.
Duster

Post by Duster »

I have to admit I feel a little bit sorry for Fox here. It's got to be difficult feeling so disillusioned by all the events of the day. And even though Fox isn't perfect or completely unbiased in this situation, his decision to stay loyal and supportive to his friend speaks volumes about his character.

I'm also quite proud of Fido standing up for himself and Sabrina, it certainly took him long enough.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

HOLD IT! All the dogs should get used to Fido being a cat lover now that they all know about it. There's nothing wrong with it. ;)
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

i would be a liar if i said i didn't expect this, infact i expected someting JUST LIKE this.. wait! i guess I"M PSYCHIC!!! quick ask me something!!!

HP! Messenger
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

HERE'S what King's been hiding THIS time - https://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/12/ ... o-go-away/
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Finally, King is going to tell Fox...... THAT HE'S ALSO A CAT LOVER! HE'S CLEARLY BEEN HOLDING THAT BACK FOR YEARS!!! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Didn't think they would remove his powers so easily like that, given the fact I thought he started the whole club and of his reputation? But nonetheless, i'm intrigued. Either Fido is going to be ignoring the club altogether now, or just hanging out with who Sabrina hangs out with.

I would love it if Sasha got voted.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ArcFlight

Post by ArcFlight »

I would be amazed if King told Fox anything other than having known about Fido and Sabrina after that reaction. For now, at least.

*Waits impatiently for 6AM Wednesday*
Image Image
ɑːk flʌɪt - Posts more nauseating than the Vomit Comet
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, Fox, not everything works in absolutes. And King, you may want to watch how you word what you say, one mind-crushing reveal is enough for a time.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

If he breaks him enough now he won't know how to feel about it! Do it do it do it do it do it!!!!
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Crux

Post by Crux »

Fox scares me when he's angry D8 *sobs*

I wonder if King is going to tell him now? I would love to imagine how Fox will react to that. XD
Despite What You've been told... I once had a soul.
Left somewhere behind...
~~Avatar by MrAxolatte~!!
TheWolfKin

Post by TheWolfKin »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:HERE'S what King's been hiding THIS time - https://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/12/ ... o-go-away/

I COMPLETELY forgot that King and Bailey saw Fido and Sabrina together. Their concern for Fox and their general lack of surprise at the news about Fido actually makes sense to me now!

Thanks for that!
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

Well, looks like Bino wins this one...without injury for once. That's unfortunate.

And it looks like King might have his turn to share...although, I'm more curious if Fox will actually believe in the supernatural ties that put him in his dog form at face value or require some kind of proof of it...or if he already figured it out during or after the whole watch thing.
Viath wrote:Is he actually out of the club? Probably. But it seems to me that this was just a vote to remove him from club leadership, not revoking his membership entirely. That is very likely to come next, though...
I think that might've been Peanut who voted for Fido to stay in, given that Fido was there to let him back in when Bino kicked him out and tends to kind of relate to Fido in this matter (his crush on Grape). Not to mention that he already knew and given his personality in general, Peanut seems like a pretty open-minded character. So I figure it could've been Peanut trying to return a favor, a genuinely open-minded decision, or a bit of both.
Muninn

Post by Muninn »

D-Rock wrote:Well, Fox, not everything works in absolutes. And King, you may want to watch how you word what you say, one mind-crushing reveal is enough for a time.
I was just thinking that. Fox can't take that, a much bigger and mind shattering secret, along with this one. Reveal that now and Fox may break. If King ever tells him, it must be long after Fox has recovered from this one
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

max7345 wrote:Well, looks like Bino wins this one...without injury for once. That's unfortunate.

And it looks like King might have his turn to share...although, I'm more curious if Fox will actually believe in the supernatural ties that put him in his dog form at face value or require some kind of proof of it...or if he already figured it out during or after the whole watch thing.
Viath wrote:Is he actually out of the club? Probably. But it seems to me that this was just a vote to remove him from club leadership, not revoking his membership entirely. That is very likely to come next, though...
I think that might've been Peanut who voted for Fido to stay in, given that Fido was there to let him back in when Bino kicked him out and tends to kind of relate to Fido in this matter (his crush on Grape). Not to mention that he already knew and given his personality in general, Peanut seems like a pretty open-minded character. So I figure it could've been Peanut trying to return a favor, a genuinely open-minded decision, or a bit of both.
Bion was injured without a win when FACE came to housepets, so it goes both ways. I sincerely doubt that Fox would have figured out that King used to be a member of a different species, let alone whom of that, unless he has some form of supernatural connection we don't know about. Given that this vote is of a ruling council, and not the entire club, Peanut was likely not involved, being neither of leaderly disposition nor such a place for him given his (innocent but disregarded) standing with the club in general. We can be fairly certain that the one vote was by Fido himself, as a co-founder he would be on the council.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Haha...man...I wonder if this Christmas arc is going to be the one where the secret comes out. Feel bombs may be dropped.

Bino sure is enjoying ruining his brother's reputation.
*cough*
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Stuff. wrote:Haha...man...I wonder if this Christmas arc is going to be the one where the secret comes out. Feel bombs may be dropped.

Bino sure is enjoying ruining his brother's reputation.
I'm sure Bino rationalizes this by thinking everyone BUT himself is responsible for his own bad reputation. He's always been jealous of his big brother, as someone wrote (back when you could see the eye color clearly) that it is very appropriate his eyes are green.

Maybe others abstained as well and therefore aren't counted in the 4 - 1 vote?
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Stuff. wrote:Bino sure is enjoying ruining his brother's reputation.
Well, Bino isn´t ruining Fido´s reputation, he´s just taking advantage of Fido´s ruined reputation to do all the things he always wanted to do, show the world that his brother isn´t as perfect as everybody (everybody except Fido himself) thought he was.
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Maybe others abstained as well and therefore aren't counted in the 4 - 1 vote?
I think that in this meeting, It was just the council. With that in mind, the council is formed by not-a-large-number of dogs, I assume that this council is consists on 7 dogs, the 5 who voted, Fox who abstained and Fido who I´m supossing did not vote cause he is the one being "judge"

Im also guessing that the "new elections" that are coming are for decide if they kick Fido out of the Club, and in those all the members of the Club would be voting ... just my guess
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
gameangel147

Post by gameangel147 »

I can hear Phoenix Wright in the club yelling "Objection!"
Mister L

Post by Mister L »

gameangel147 wrote:I can hear Phoenix Wright in the club yelling "Objection!"
Yeah, where's Phoenix Wright when we need him?
I love to quote famous quotes from people, games, movies and comics!
Don't Starve rocks!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Fox now needs to forgive Fido and discover that a good, honest friendship will always beat being gregarious to a bunch of losers.
Oh, and King? WAAAYY smooth: please, stop thinking about yourself and help out your friend now that he needs you!
Timmie

Post by Timmie »

In the grand scheme of things, how this incident will be used by Pete. Considering two human like weddings would fit his goal, would the reveal if Fido and the Sabrina be part of the game, a move AGAINST Pete???
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

I really think the GODC should change their name to the "Canines Against Cats Coalition." Or maybe the "We're Run By a Madman Club".
If you want my number, it's #804080.