Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
2013/12/04 - Cold Snap 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 1742
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
valerio wrote:
2) Have you noticed the upturned vase? A guy on youtube tried to show that you could have some domestic heating thanks to a vase under which a candle was lit, so to use it as a rough fireplace. I guess that Jesse is using the vase in that way. And that the candle may serve for emergency lightning.


I'm surprised someone caught that. It's a flower-pot heater, and it works a bit like a masonry fireplace. Only it's powered by candles and not wood.

_________________
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers


Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:23 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3908
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
rickgriffin wrote:
valerio wrote:
2) Have you noticed the upturned vase? A guy on youtube tried to show that you could have some domestic heating thanks to a vase under which a candle was lit, so to use it as a rough fireplace. I guess that Jesse is using the vase in that way. And that the candle may serve for emergency lightning.


I'm surprised someone caught that. It's a flower-pot heater, and it works a bit like a masonry fireplace. Only it's powered by candles and not wood.


I'm surprised I never caught that, myself. Nice find, Val!

I figured she was just using the stand-alone candles for heat, but the upside down pot I presumed was used for some sort of miniature fridge for food that had to be kept frozen. (Given how cold it looks for her already, I'm sure it ain't hard, but I figured she's just taking extra precautions)

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:46 am
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14340
Location: Italy
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
If only I was that good at getting your metajokes...

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:12 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:06 pm
Posts: 927
Location: Deep Space Tactical 5
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
"Openermass"???
Oh wait... O_o the tute bunny wabbit is like a living Jesus for them!

(btw, if I'm going to show my the entire two weeks during christmas and newyear I'm going to die os suffication! Then you'll see some real spirit...)

_________________
Image
I has Deviant... urrm... by same name (durr)


Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:08 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:47 am
Posts: 492
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
Saturn381 wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
Sleet wrote:
I'm sad the arc isn't called Woodland Critter Christmas. :(

As long as it does not turn out like in south park....

Oh how different Housepets would be if this arc goes in that direction. :lol:


Fido (with Cartman's voice) to Max : "No kitty, that's my girlfriend!"


Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:07 pm
Posts: 58
Location: Nor-MI
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
Hedronal wrote:
Yet given that on the day of the opening, it was Pete that resurged, not Zach, Pete would be Jesus as well. I don't know if the christmas introduction timing of Zach was intentional for Rick in this, but either way it fits funnily.
(Without getting TOO religious here :D)
What was gained through the resurrection, (Opening of ways in this instance) was that humankind could now gain access to celestial beings (being God and Pete) by simply acknowledging their existence and interference in daily life. The one who provided the way in both cases; Jesus (Bible version) and Zach (Housepets version). Both of which happen to have a late December holiday marking their introduction.
These are undoubtedly coincidences, but I also happen to know that Rick is man of faith. So who knows? We might be witnessing the Gospel Of Zach Arbelt. :lol:
Let's just hope Zach isn't crucified by the ferals. That would just suck.
Hedronal wrote:
I do have the question though, how does one get the name Custom Ink?
Custom Ink is an online t-shirt printing shop/service that caters to large events and organizations, as well as the average designer.
I hear commercials for them on the radio all the time.
That's ALSO undoubtedly a coincidence ;)


Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:11 pm
Posts: 156
Location: Waynesboro PA
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
Oh...... oh my... anyone else have an instant cruch on Jess?

_________________
Image

Psalms 148:7 - KJV - "Praise the LORD from the earth, all ye dragons, and all deeps:"


Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16947
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
bhPixelFire wrote:
instant cruch on Jess?

what, you twist your ankle falling for her? :P

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:56 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:11 pm
Posts: 156
Location: Waynesboro PA
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
...yes

_________________
Image

Psalms 148:7 - KJV - "Praise the LORD from the earth, all ye dragons, and all deeps:"


Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14340
Location: Italy
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
bhPixelFire wrote:
Oh...... oh my... anyone else have an instant cruch on Jess?

Jess is really adorbs!! :D :D :D

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 6:53 am
Posts: 452
Location: A PLACE
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
GameCobra wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:
valerio wrote:
2) Have you noticed the upturned vase? A guy on youtube tried to show that you could have some domestic heating thanks to a vase under which a candle was lit, so to use it as a rough fireplace. I guess that Jesse is using the vase in that way. And that the candle may serve for emergency lightning.


I'm surprised someone caught that. It's a flower-pot heater, and it works a bit like a masonry fireplace. Only it's powered by candles and not wood.


I'm surprised I never caught that, myself. Nice find, Val!

I figured she was just using the stand-alone candles for heat, but the upside down pot I presumed was used for some sort of miniature fridge for food that had to be kept frozen. (Given how cold it looks for her already, I'm sure it ain't hard, but I figured she's just taking extra precautions)


I'm not bragging or anything, but I live in Connecticut and for the past few days it's been like 75 degrees.

_________________
Feel my icy wrath!


Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:34 pm
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14340
Location: Italy
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
here it's been 10°C in the past few days

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3908
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
valerio wrote:
here it's been 10°C in the past few days


Down here it's 1°F right now, and so far it's been said it's the coldest in Newfoundland down here. We're suppose to be getting a much deeper drop soon, but so far it sounds like it's the coldest in your area =P

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:54 pm
Posts: 450
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
I really love Jess's punk, and I hope it remains through this strip.

_________________
Image
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.


Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1404
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
jrodsqod wrote:
Let's just hope Zach isn't crucified by the ferals. That would just suck.

Dinned by domesticated wolf pups, actually...... at human request of course.

Warning: The message above was a spoiler and you shouldn't have read it!


Welsh Halfwit wrote:
A thread for Openermas Carols is now in 'fan projects' - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2722

Do you REALLY want to contribute to a festivity that indirectly promotes the worship of Pete?

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 am
Posts: 569
Location: my head, my computer, or outside.
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
YAY new characters, and I'm lovin them both, alot!

I'm looking forward to this new arc and what's gonna happen..

I like the idea of the name Custom Ink

Stuff. wrote:
Well, these two characters seem cool...pun entirely NOT intended. /:[

But yes, can't wait to see more of these two. This should be quite fun.

*hides bricks* *runs*

Stuff. wrote:
Hm. Aerith and Bob?


Huh?

Cerberusx wrote:
All I can say is...awesome possum. That about sums it up.

*bricks Cerberusx*

Viath wrote:
I love the timing of this one. After weeks of beautiful weather, today winter hit us full-blast where I'm at and it snowed all day. I practically had to excavate my car!


In ARIZONA?
Dang, I'm from Idaho and EVEN I didn't have to do that!!!!

Muninn wrote:
Hedronal wrote:
Yet given that on the day of the opening, it was Pete that resurged, not Zach, Pete would be Jesus as well. I don't know if the christmas introduction timing of Zach was intentional for Rick in this, but either way it fits funnily. I do have the question though, how does one get the name Custom Ink?


If this wasn't Housepets! I'd guess tattoo artist, but that wouldn't fit the tone. Maybe he's into graphic design :lol:



THAT"D be cool, some tat2 involvent in the HP! universe is something that I'm not sure ive seen yet, combine multiple loves on mine!

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
[color=#FFBF00]OOOOOHH... I understand the custom ink thing now. But if it's custom, does that mean Ink knows how to make ink?!?!


Nope, Custom Ink is a custom shirt manufacturer, seen their ads...

Duster wrote:
I can tell I'm already going to like Jessica. :3

Plus she looks pretty darn good for a feral possum!

&*seconded*

Silly Zealot wrote:
Well, this is different!

Xane wrote:
The comic is so good it's unseeable! I've gone blind!

New idea for an adversitement:
"Housepets!: The comic that makes you go blind!"
Instantaneous best-seller for sure!

Sleet wrote:
I'm sad the arc isn't called Woodland Critter Christmas. :(

As long as it does not turn out like in south park....

Yes, and *thinks of that South Park Ep in HP!* *shudders* *dies*

Skiff wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
so is Openermas the celebration of the anniversary of Zach's arrival in Babylon Gardens? and if so, would you have done this arc even if he hadn't been introduced in a Christmas strip?

also, is the anniversary of Zach's opening the door to Pete's temple the woodland critters' equivalent to Easter?


Time to look through the books and see how Zach arrived. Curse my spotty memory.

And at first I thought those were tiny milk crates.. but then I see how big possums can get. :shock:

Image

I wonder if ^He^'s part of the I.P.B. ...

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
jrodsqod wrote:
snakebug wrote:
Is that the possum from Over The Hedge!?

I was just imagining the text in Avril Lavigne's voice :lol:


The strip could use a little Shatner :)

Oh please Gosh no...

Render wrote:
Thanks Rick, now it's very hard not to think or even say Openermas instead of Christmas. I like it, maybe I'll keep it.
All hail the Opener Of Ways


Same here :!:
Someone: "Happy hollidays"
Me "Happy Openersmas!"

Lookin forward to the reactons from THAT

thespartanpenguin wrote:
Hang about what happened with King and fox, are you pulling a who's cartmans father on us

A WHAT now?

Xane wrote:
Are we sure about that? I thought Truck and Falstaff were the ones that got whacked with the broom and the raccoon in Oops I Arced had besomphobia.

Huh?

Xane wrote:
I think that's Dissension in the background reading the door, too. ;)

Where?

Saturn381 wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
Sleet wrote:
I'm sad the arc isn't called Woodland Critter Christmas. :(

As long as it does not turn out like in south park....

Oh how different Housepets would be if this arc goes in that direction. :lol:

That would be scary...

Kitch wrote:
I'm largely going by the raccoon's level of zealotry. I was thinking this was the same one that was sniffed by Fido on the cover of Book 4, too. :P

Uhh, no. that coon had a mask, and that was Sarge Ralph that was sniffin the coon...

Cerberusx wrote:
It would be like smoking while you work with flammable liquids.

*tries this*

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Fido (with Cartman's voice) to Max : "No kitty, that's my girlfriend!"


ertwegadbdnfzsdp
GAHHHH!!!

Let us never speak of this again.

jrodsqod wrote:
Custom Ink is an online t-shirt printing shop/service that caters to large events and organizations, as well as the average designer.
I hear commercials for them on the radio all the time.
That's ALSO undoubtedly a coincidence ;)

DANGIT!, Ya beat me to it!

bhPixelFire wrote:
Oh...... oh my... anyone else have an instant cruch on Jess?

Here, ya need my crutch?

Silly Zealot wrote:
jrodsqod wrote:
Let's just hope Zach isn't crucified by the ferals. That would just suck.

Dinned by domesticated wolf pups, actually...... at human request of course.

Warning: The message above was a spoiler and you shouldn't have read it!

I don't get it, I'm Confused...

Silly Zealot wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
A thread for Openermas Carols is now in 'fan projects' - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2722

Do you REALLY want to contribute to a festivity that indirectly promotes the worship of Pete?

Again, Confused...

_________________
Image
HP! Messenger
Image
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Image


Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1404
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
RatHead wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
jrodsqod wrote:
Let's just hope Zach isn't crucified by the ferals. That would just suck.

Dinned by domesticated wolf pups, actually...... at human request of course.

Warning: The message above was a spoiler and you shouldn't have read it!

I don't get it, I'm Confused...

Why, this story is simple and predictable! I can even tell you in which story arc and at which date the plot willtake a "twist" and aliens with alien housepets will make contact!
Never! Haha!

RatHead wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
A thread for Openermas Carols is now in 'fan projects' - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2722

Do you REALLY want to contribute to a festivity that indirectly promotes the worship of Pete?

Again, Confused...

The animals praise Zachary (No, not, Comstock, just Zachary, ok?) cuz he opened the door to the temple that "contained the power to equalize all beings", and since that's Pete's temple, I'd say celebrating that day is not the best course of action.

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 am
Posts: 569
Location: my head, my computer, or outside.
Post Re: 2013/12/04 - Cold Snap
Silly Zealot wrote:
RatHead wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
Dinned by domesticated wolf pups, actually...... at human request of course.

Warning: The message above was a spoiler and you shouldn't have read it!

I don't get it, I'm Confused...

Why, this story is simple and predictable! I can even tell you in which story arc and at which date the plot willtake a "twist" and aliens with alien housepets will make contact!
Never! Haha!
...
ok,
i guess,
i think.
RatHead wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
Do you REALLY want to contribute to a festivity that indirectly promotes the worship of Pete?

Again, Confused...

The animals praise Zachary (No, not, Comstock, just Zachary, ok?) cuz he opened the door to the temple that "contained the power to equalize all beings", and since that's Pete's temple, I'd say celebrating that day is not the best course of action.

Oh, ok, well thanks for that!

_________________
Image
HP! Messenger
Image
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Image


Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.