people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
IceKitsune

Re: 2014/05/05 - Dogs These Days

Post by IceKitsune »

Ah Bailey why are you the best? :D
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

I was worried about what Bailey would do to King but now I'm interested in what she'll do to Pete
legionbunny

Post by legionbunny »

This is gonna get good....

also
MY MONOLOGUE SENSES ARE TINGLING
CheckMate
Location: Somewhere between here and there.. the details are kind of fuzzy

Post by CheckMate »

i feel like bailey will take the news of king being a human better than fox will. she does loves him so she has to accept him for who he is. but fox... he is really just a friend. and some friends do not last forever. :(
Now that King is a dog does he cry to all dog's go to heaven???
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Good lord Pete is just the most perfect villain. He really is.

Tension of this is still gripping. Well, maybe "tension" isn't the right word, but this is very...suspenseful, that much is for sure.

Also nice to see Bailey standing up for King again.

But who knows how long that will last when she finds out THE TRUTH. I am loving every minute of this.
*cough*
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Something tells me the "Battleaxe" angle he's referring to is Cerberus, as in he's comparing Bailey to Cerberus. I'm not saying she's an avatar, but something tells me Pete's thoughts and words on Bailey are the same as Cerberus's nonetheless, so it makes me think his logic is to treat Bailey like he would treat Cerberus. I could be wrong, he's probably experienced this kind of deal for centuries after witnessing or dating so many girls in the past, but nonetheless I get that feeling that somehow, despite their omnipotent knowledge, Pete is going to be using his personal experience with Dragon and Cerberus when on topic with Bailey.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Am I the only one that's worried here? Not because of Bailey or King, but because of Pete? I mean I believe that given the chance King and Bailey could work through their issues, and even Fox can be swayed round in the end, but Pete isn't really thinking about the consequences of his actions and will happily ruin their lives for his ultimate goal. If he can't have King as his pawn then he'll remove him from play...if he can. I mean, its actually making my stomach feel queasy worrying about it.

Its thrilling sure...but I'm a sucker for happy endings and don't like drama that could easily have been avoided screwing that path up. I know Rick will end it all happily, but it feels like Pete is creating a pointless obstacle that if given the chance could easily have been overcome without him there, just to add drama. This is why I don't watch some shows, because of pointless drama since we get enough of that in life. So I'm hoping Rick will make something happen that doesn't make this pointless in the end, as in King and Bailey will work it out no matter what, so him trying to screw with their relationship is pointless drama.

But that's just me, and my pathetically idiotic opinion.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Stuff. wrote:Good lord Pete is just the most perfect villain. He really is.
I wouldn't say he's a villain, I would rather use the word "Antagonist"
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yep, total Discord vibe.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

King brought this upon himself. He could have at least summoned Pete outside!

And wow, Bailey sure is quick to take it all in, and immediately standing up for King too! If I was told that someone close to me was part of a magical game on a cosmic scale, then presented a glistening hunk of a gryphon, I'd probably just go hide in a corner and contemplate on life, then pass out.

Also, I seem to have found a better use of gryphon wings than badminton rackets! Fried wings, anyone?
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

Bailey, that may be one of my favorite threats I've heard in a very long time :)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

There's clearly an argument to be had
and they're intent on having it right here
even as they try, somehow, to tell the truth
to Bailey. She's scared and confused, poor dear
but she's gritting up and gonna clump them now
if they don't stop fighting and don't wise up
to tell her the truth so she's put in the know.
Her little hero King and the giant fiend fowl
are arguing in public at the foot of her bed.
If it doesn't stop... if they don't tell her?
One of THEM is going to lose their head.
She's entered battle pose, ready to fight
and put Pete down in the ranks of the dead
before rolling over and bidding King 'Good. Night'.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Bailey just threatened a demigod. Soon, she will become the Dog of War.

And just started wondering, whose house are they in, the wolves, or Fox's? Both would be interesting, but wondering how Fox will take this if he comes in.
Last edited by D-Rock on Mon May 05, 2014 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

"For you see, King is actually a-" *FACE!*

Oh, I can just see it now... :lol:
I love Bailey's logic. A demigod has appeared in my bedroom, better rip off his wings and play at Wembley with them. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

deepskycyan wrote:King brought this upon himself. He could have at least summoned Pete outside!
Yes, because whatever random bystander at night seeing this would be potentially quite fun.
CheckMate wrote:i feel like bailey will take the news of king being a human better than fox will. she does loves him so she has to accept him for who he is. but fox... he is really just a friend. and some friends do not last forever. :(
Fox's friendship lasting wouldn't be as much a matter as what he'll do upon finding out which human King used to be.

Now what's that 'ask her' bit? What might have happened involving Bailey and Pete in the past?
valerio

Post by valerio »

GameCobra wrote:Something tells me the "Battleaxe" angle he's referring to is Cerberus, as in he's comparing Bailey to Cerberus. I'm not saying she's an avatar, but something tells me Pete's thoughts and words on Bailey are the same as Cerberus's nonetheless, so it makes me think his logic is to treat Bailey like he would treat Cerberus. I could be wrong, he's probably experienced this kind of deal for centuries after witnessing or dating so many girls in the past, but nonetheless I get that feeling that somehow, despite their omnipotent knowledge, Pete is going to be using his personal experience with Dragon and Cerberus when on topic with Bailey.
The Ol' Battleaxe
Gren

Post by Gren »

Hah, yes, now I see. Yup King, you're right. Pete has totally ruined your life. :P
ImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

D-Rock wrote:Bailey just threatened a demigod. Soon, she will become the Dog of War.
I have never herd anyone make more sense than you have just now... in terms of a cosmic nerd. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
gameangel147

Post by gameangel147 »

That third panel was a bit confusing for me, but man is Bailey fired up or what!?

And I can never look at the word "Badminton" the same way again.
PIERULEZ

Post by PIERULEZ »

I will play badminton with your scissored off wing beakie
does that mean she's going to be his avatar? (Also, wouldn't all that yelling wake someone up? )
valerio

Post by valerio »

PIERULEZ wrote:does that mean she's going to be his avatar? (Also, wouldn't all that yelling wake someone up? )
No! It means that HE's gonna be HER avatar
Argent

Post by Argent »

Man, it's like Pete could have gotten a better avatar with just about any other dog in the neighborhood.

Tiger would be some kind of "Joker" style avatar.

I still think he should have gone with Duchess, though. She'd think up the most awesome ways for Pete to cheat find loopholes in the UU rules. They really are birds of a feather.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
valerio

Post by valerio »

Pete could've gone with Max. he was already entitled to a cat since a "dog" avatar was taken. And with Max, funny havoc could've followed.
*tch* gryphons...
Jamonius

Post by Jamonius »

Pete does have a point, if he hadn't changed Joel into King then King likely would have never met Bailey and fallen in love with her. Still that doesn't excuse the act of changing Joel or all the abuse Pete put King through.

Great creative threat by Bailey! Given how angry she is now though I worry how she'll react when/if King or Pete reveals that King was once human.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

"Bailey, you just threatened a God! We've been over this!"
Feel my icy wrath!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Jamonius wrote:Pete does have a point, if he hadn't changed Joel into King then King likely would have never met Bailey and fallen in love with her. Still that doesn't excuse the act of changing Joel or all the abuse Pete put King through.
Great creative threat by Bailey! Given how angry she is now though I worry how she'll react when/if King or Pete reveals that King was once human.
Pete won't. Unless King submits to the threat of disclosure and decides to serve the gryphon as avatar by his own will, Pete has no way to circumvent King's will. Should Pete take away that slice of happiness King built for himself during this time, King surely will have nothing to lose and thus serving Pete would be the *last* of his worries. Heck, he'd try and actively ruin the gryphon's plans just for vengeance.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

I can't decide which I like better, 'beakie' or 'biscuit hole'

Warning: Do not taunt Happy Fun Bailey.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

Okay, first off, best threat ever! not only is the threat funny like the comic (*Snicker* Beakie) but it's also justifiable. i actually would want to see pete's reaction if Bailey did manage to pull it off and cut his wings off.
Second, I never knew Bailey played badminton.
And Third, who is Queenie?
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Oh if only this would end with Pete getting punched in the face...
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ryusuta wrote:Oh if only this would end with Pete getting punched in the face...
Epic Dragon *FACE!*
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

valerio wrote:
Jamonius wrote:Pete does have a point, if he hadn't changed Joel into King then King likely would have never met Bailey and fallen in love with her. Still that doesn't excuse the act of changing Joel or all the abuse Pete put King through.
Pete won't. Unless King submits to the threat of disclosure and decides to serve the gryphon as avatar by his own will, Pete has no way to circumvent King's will. Should Pete take away that slice of happiness King built for himself during this time, King surely will have nothing to lose and thus serving Pete would be the *last* of his worries. Heck, he'd try and actively ruin the gryphon's plans just for vengeance.
Then from what I can see, Pete's likely going to threaten Bailey's existence, if he can't affect King's. I find it interesting, and it almost seems like Pete is manipulating them both into becoming emotional. Bailey will do everything she can to protect King, so Pete may say, "You want to save him? Then YOU sign this contract." Considering Pete's motivations, it's POSSIBLE he has a backup plan to use Bailey as his avatar, but I doubt it. Pete will go after King to the very end, and Pete is playing his cards the way he is for the following reasons:

1. If the aforementioned offer of Bailey taking King's place comes up, King knows Bailey won't hesitate to do anything that would save her husband's life/soul. So to prevent his wife from being hurt by the same pain he'd been put through, King will sacrifice his own well-being to save Bailey.

2. Even if Pete doesn't offer the chance for Bailey to take King's place, Bailey sees King standing up to the malicious mockingbird, which, as it appears, has already inspired her to be defiant to Pete. All Pete has to do is threaten Bailey's life somehow, and King will make the heroic sacrifice to save her. It is true that the cosmic nerds can't do "what life doesn't do to them already," but this is Pete we're talking about here; he'll find a way, if not through himself, than through Keene (look what almost happened to Sabrina!).

3. Pete lost the ability to use Peanut, Grape, and Fido all thanks to Spirit Dragon's meddling, which is understandable in a game like this. However, he's losing the ability to use King because of the human-turned-dog's own free will. I wouldn't be surprised if being defied by a mortal would make Pete the laughingstock of the demi-god community. That said, Pete's reputation is on the line here, so I don't see him giving up on getting King. Ever.

*catches his breath after such a long analysis/prediction.*

Anyways, despite all that, I figure even if King is forced to sign his soul away, he'll fight with all his might to get Bailey and his happy life back...and I, along with many others here, will be cheering him on!

Kudos, Rick; Engaging plots like this remind me of why I got into Housepets! in the first place. :)
Bailey wrote:I will play badminton with your scissored-off wings, beakie!
Sounds fun, can I play too? :P
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

Bailey wrote:Don't make me angry.
You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
Well, nobody else was saying it...
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
Huskyfox

Post by Huskyfox »

Hmmm...we got a lot going on here, boys and girls. The truth will set King free, but at the same time..what will happen to King and Bailey?!! Only Rick Griffin knows! :lol:
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Lucid_Dragon wrote:...Bailey sees King standing up to the malicious mockingbird...
Per The Trial In Heaven, Pete is not malicious.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Well he can't take any action with King until King agrees to be his avatar or he gets another avatar. *looks at Bailey* oh you just know he is planning it! :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Argent

Post by Argent »

diss wrote:
Lucid_Dragon wrote:...Bailey sees King standing up to the malicious mockingbird...
Per The Trial In Heaven, Pete is not malicious.
He was found innocent of destructive intent. For the time being. And the maniacal laughter after the trial doesn't bode well for his future benignity. Is that even a word?

PS: Malicious Mockingbird would make a great Smithism.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Gbr23 wrote:
Stuff. wrote:Good lord Pete is just the most perfect villain. He really is.
I wouldn't say he's a villain, I would rather use the word "Antagonist"
Pete is Q from Star Trek. Both of whom are powerful cosmic jerks that like screwing with people. Which causes them to tick off everyone they come in contact with including their own kind.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Don't get Bailey angry Pete. You wanna end up like Bino?
Darastrixen

Post by Darastrixen »

Lucid_Dragon wrote:-snip-
I've been expecting something similar as well. It seems rather likely he's given up on the Dark Paladin in favor of something else, considering that either dog doesn't meet the class requirements.