2014/05/16 - Parting Blows

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
SmileWolf

Re: 2014/05/16 - Parting Blows

Post by SmileWolf »

Well, each of us has our own tastes in reading. For me, I don't enjoy things like, say, Game Of Thrones because real life is already filled with enough death and violence and drama - I watch and read things as an escape from the world and its troubles. I'm old fashioned and while I am aware the basic tenet of good drama is the danger to the characters must be legitimate, I'm not a fan of gratuitously killing off characters either, or dramas that basically always keep the characters from being happy for too long. To me, and I suspect others, the wedding was a highlight of the strip, and I for one have grown to very much enjoy the characters of King and Bailey, and seeing their relationship sundered by a god for no good reason really bothers me. Of course I will keep reading, for now, but I am not sure I will if this dark approach continues. Why read something that makes me unhappy? I can do that picking up a newspaper.

Its Rick's strip and he should present it as he wants without worrying about fan reaction, I'm just voicing my individual thoughts on the matter. It is a testament to the quality of the storytelling that he can make the readers care about the characters. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls some plot twist and things wind up happily ever after. But for me, personally, just myself, having a tragic ending would probably be a deal breaker, because Id rather not invest the time and emotion in characters that will just get dissed by forces outside their control. And this is coming from an avid reader of the Dresden Files series of books, which have a LOT of heavy twists and major character danger from powerful gods and demigods - but balances this with an inescapable feeling that good and the characters will prevail, somehow, and that their lives are not totally out of their control.
Last edited by SmileWolf on Fri May 16, 2014 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

The story may be dark and mysterious, but the ending is always happy Smilewolf. ;)
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

valerio wrote:
Ryusuta wrote:Great. King is going to be Joel again. And knowing this timeline, Bailey is legitimately not going to be seen for 7 months. Man, I hate this stupid arc. A lot.Sorry, Rick...
...and you may be right. ogod. Pete is definitely NOT used to throw words around.
Correct. And riddle me THIS, boy wonder: Bailey has now disappeared without a trace or explanation. King wakes up as Joel. Fox finds out Bailey has disappeared and an established pet kidnapper has returned. What do you suppose the near future is going to hold for this arc?

...Seriously... I really hate where this is going. Legitimately...
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Oh man. King gets too much attention. If he get's all these interesting arcs, just make him the main character already. *annoyed*
I don't necessarily mind the Super-natural stuff, just as long as the MAIN CHARACTERS get a nice piece of the pie. I mean Peanut does have Tarot, he could get involved in the whole cosmic game.... :(
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

SuperStar wrote:Oh man. King gets too much attention. If he get's all these interesting arcs, just make him the main character already. *annoyed*
I don't necessarily mind the Super-natural stuff, just as long as the MAIN CHARACTERS get a nice piece of the pie. I mean Peanut does have Tarot, he could get involved in the whole cosmic game.... :(
...What makes you think he's NOT a main character?
SmileWolf

Post by SmileWolf »

Kyuunado wrote:The story may be dark and mysterious, but the ending is always happy Smilewolf. ;)
O Rly? Guess we we will see. Pondering the comparison with the DF books more, I think the big difference is that the HP characters appear to be nothing more than pieces on a chessboard, whereas the DF characters are heroes fighting to save the world. In other words, the DF characters place themselves in danger, whereas the HP characters are simply victims of forces outside their control, like people randomly killed in accidents or shootings. Or that healthy friend who suddenly gets sick and dies. Too close to real life.

Edit: I think the reason DF came to mind is the last book featured a death of one character, and a beloved character was tabbed and transformed by a Fae goddess (who is no friend of mortals and up to no good) to be an avatar, over the objection of a loved one. It invites comparison (there are no new stories, just new ways to tell them, so I'm not accusing Rick of copying, just to clarify before I get yelled at). That and the new books out in just over a week, yay! :)
Last edited by SmileWolf on Fri May 16, 2014 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

SuperStar wrote:Oh man. King gets too much attention. If he get's all these interesting arcs, just make him the main character already. *annoyed*
Pete loves to get leverage out of love.
He sought Peanut not to get an Avatar out of him, but to get leverage so that GRAPE could be his best choice; and it fits, since the White Avenger is really powerful and Grape may really love Peanut enough to put her life on the life for him -or even if only to thank the pup for saving her from that shelter years ago.
But Tarot interfered: before Peanut and Grape could become more than 'bestest friends', she came in and became Peanut's GF. With Grape unavailable, Peanut is not even a thrid party. In fact, he is so trusty and loyal that, should Tarot leave a letter explaining she'd be out of Babylon for personal reasons, be it even months or years, he'd wait for her. Saddened, a lot, but waiting.
But what if, for example, Joel (assuming Pete has transformed him back), explained to Peanut the truth? What happens when Grape sees the hurt and decided to get involved? Man, if Bailey is a tough one, Grape kicked tail when she was a KITTEN! To help Peanut she'd even make an epic avatar out of herself!
And, again, there is still Sabrina: If we're talking about 'careful planning' for the last 7,000 years, I wouldn't put up past Dragon preparing a nice surprise against Pete -namely, a certain black cat who Pete classifies only as 'follower'...
Venorik

Post by Venorik »

I'm waiting on Pete getting there to find Dragon waiting to tell him she doesn't care anymore and that he wins. After what Max and Dragon spoke about at the end of 71. THE GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL I personally wouldn't blame Dragon. Heck, I think she might enjoy the one lifetime as a mortal, see things from the perspective of all the creatures her and Pete use in their U&U games.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Venorik wrote:I'm waiting on Pete getting there to find Dragon waiting to tell him she doesn't care anymore and that he wins. After what Max and Dragon spoke about at the end of 71. THE GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL I personally wouldn't blame Dragon. Hell, I think she might enjoy the one lifetime as a mortal, see things from the perspective of all the creatures her and Pete use in their U&U games.
hahaha, that would be a riot! 7,000 year of careful planning and all of a sudden it's BSOD "Did I just win???", then "NO WAY, GIRL! UNFAIR!"
But it SO would redeem Draggie in my eyes.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Well, many of us are getting antsy about this because this is one of the few moments in this series where we're given a dramatic presentation rather than the usual "funny strips" that we're accustomed to, combined with the fact that we're only able to see these snippets every couple of days each week. We've dealt with small snippets of full arcs for years, but very few have had such an impact that it makes us impatient while waiting for the stories to continue.

With a book, you can go from start to finish at your own leisure, and for those antsy can skip to the end, but with comics like this, we have to wait. There's no way around it. Rick does his best with what he's got, and this can't go any faster without possibly ruining what's been established and/or what will result. To quote gaming mastermind Shigeru Miyamoto: "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." While the full quote is not really relevant, I'll refer to just the last part. "A rushed game is forever bad". In much the same way, rushing the comic would be detrimental to the arc vs letting it at least take its course. So, while many of us want this resolved, the best course of action is to just wait it out. I hope that makes sense.

I admit, I would be lying if I said I didn't want to cut straight to an ending that has King permanently as a dog and that both he and Bailey are together again, because that would then ease my aching soul after all this tribulation that has occurred following so much happiness. That is how much this arc is getting to me. I tell you, for a series that was established on "funny strips", this arc is one heck of a roller coaster.
windwalker13
Location: Maine, USA, North America, Earth, Milky way galaxy, Universe.

Post by windwalker13 »

may the odds be ever in Bailey's favor.
The wonderful world of RAINBOWS!
------------------------------------------------------
May the Sporks be with you!
Silverseren

Post by Silverseren »

Hey, new user here. Longtime reader of Housepets, I felt the latest page was serious enough for me to make an account.

On topic for the page, I really hope King finds some way to break their game, just destroy it. Because just beating Pete isn't really good enough. Them playing this game that controls and messes with people's lives is really wrong even for one with good intentions (aka Dragon).

But, for the short term, I think he should team up with Dragon. Though I think it might be more likely that he gets Kitsune to give him the rest of the boon he earned for being messed with and uses it to upset Pete's plans.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

valerio wrote:
Pete loves to get leverage out of love.
He sought Peanut not to get an Avatar out of him, but to get leverage so that GRAPE could be his best choice; and it fits, since the White Avenger is really powerful and Grape may really love Peanut enough to put her life on the life for him -or even if only to thank the pup for saving her from that shelter years ago.
But Tarot interfered: before Peanut and Grape could become more than 'bestest friends', she came in and became Peanut's GF. With Grape unavailable, Peanut is not even a thrid party. In fact, he is so trusty and loyal that, should Tarot leave a letter explaining she'd be out of Babylon for personal reasons, be it even months or years, he'd wait for her. Saddened, a lot, but waiting.
But what if, for example, Joel (assuming Pete has transformed him back), explained to Peanut the truth? What happens when Grape sees the hurt and decided to get involved? Man, if Bailey is a tough one, Grape kicked tail when she was a KITTEN! To help Peanut she'd even make an epic avatar out of herself!
And, again, there is still Sabrina: If we're talking about 'careful planning' for the last 7,000 years, I wouldn't put up past Dragon preparing a nice surprise against Pete -namely, a certain black cat who Pete classifies only as 'follower'...
I understand what you mean, but:
King is exactly a Main Character. The MAIN CHARACTERS are meant to be Peanut and Grape, and possibly Bino(We don't see enough these days, even though he's a mascot)

And on another note, why is it that everyone wants Grape to do the action. I mean sure she is an actiongirl(more or less), but then all the girls would be the action doers, which(call me sexist if you wish) doesn't seem right, we need at least one action dude. And with Peanut being a main character, I can actually imagine him doing something cool, albeit not the badboy kind of cool.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

It's not going to take seven months. Real-time or in-comic.
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Even with all the seemingly negative statements Pete is giving to King, the look of innocence plastered on every single one of his facial expression counters it all. XD
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
valerio

Post by valerio »

On a merrier speculation note, I wouldn't be surprised if, at the very end of the arc, we'd see Cerberus placing a new sphere of Fate in the place once occupied by Joel Zecariah Robinson... A sphere glowing of two lights united like in the classic yin-yang disposition.
A sphere floating on a stand now named KING AND BAILEY LINDBERG
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Was it ever established if King and Bailey are staying at the Lindbergs or with the wolves? It would be the worst of all "or was it"s for a naked Joel to wake up being strangled by Fox shouting "You! What the }##%%}# are you doing in my house! In my cousin and brother in law's bed! And what have you done with my cousin and best friend you monster!" He might even prefer the alternative .... Waking up in a dark room , the only light coming from the eyes on the snarling faces of an upset pack of wolves surrounding an intruder.
valerio

Post by valerio »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Was it ever established if King and Bailey are staying at the Lindbergs or with the wolves? It would be the worst of all "or was it"s for a naked Joel to wake up being strangled by Fox shouting "You! What the }##%%}# are you doing in my house! In my cousin and brother in law's bed! And what have you done with my cousin and best friend you monster!" He might even prefer the alternative .... Waking up in a dark room , the only light coming from the eyes on the snarling faces of an upset pack of wolves surrounding an intruder.
Hm, I think that they were staying at the wolves'. Back at Lindberg house, Fox was sleeping in a basket, and we saw Bailey with her pillow (and no need for that, if they're sleeping at the wolves' in their own bed). Thus, IMO, in this arc King was sleeping at the wolves'.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Ah, there's the Pete we all know and hate! I was thinking he was being too nice. I wonder how king is going to explain this to the wolves/fox depending on who he's staying with.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Kitch wrote:It's not going to take seven months. Real-time or in-comic.
How much do you want to bet?
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

KING! Go pray to dragon for help or talk to Tarot! Either one atleast might know how to get Bailey out of this!

BTW "Talking To Someone 101" Pete, it's best to tell some one to do something instead of telling them not to do something. Mainly because odds are when you're told not to do something you do it anyway.
Last edited by Acritic2 on Fri May 16, 2014 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhoElseButQuagmire

valerio wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Was it ever established if King and Bailey are staying at the Lindbergs or with the wolves? It would be the worst of all "or was it"s for a naked Joel to wake up being strangled by Fox shouting "You! What the }##%%}# are you doing in my house! In my cousin and brother in law's bed! And what have you done with my cousin and best friend you monster!" He might even prefer the alternative .... Waking up in a dark room , the only light coming from the eyes on the snarling faces of an upset pack of wolves surrounding an intruder.
Hm, I think that they were staying at the wolves'. Back at Lindberg house, Fox was sleeping in a basket, and we saw Bailey with her pillow (and no need for that, if they're sleeping at the wolves' in their own bed). Thus, IMO, in this arc King was sleeping at the wolves'.
Heh, in that case I can see the wolves surrounding Joel when a voice comes from behind. "It's ok, fellas, this is an old friend of ours...we need to make him feel welcome." Keene dramatically enters from around the wolves, grinning like a Bond villian. "Mr Robinson, I presume....we have a lot to talk about..." Alt Text 'We were going to have him come out with a white cat in his arms, but couldn't find a kitten small enough' (Assuming of course that Pete filled his minon in on King's past.)
Argent

Post by Argent »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:So is King going to wake up next to a Bailey clone...or is Joel going to wake up next to no one?
Yeh, that's a heck of a cliffhanger.
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Most of the King arcs hold more serious, emotional, or "stuffs gettin' real" elements, but this is happening so fast and became so serious and emotional that it feels a little forced. However, this could also mean that the Cosmic Nerd storyline is at it's finale.
He's already announced that he's cramming the finale of the Cosmic Nerds storyline into this arc because of people's complaints about this storyline, so yes, it's feeling rushed, for a reason.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
valerio

Post by valerio »

if it ends up with Pete confined in a mortal body (or even better, with dragon and kitsune, too, confined in a mortal body), it may open the road to a new level of fun!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Argent wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:So is King going to wake up next to a Bailey clone...or is Joel going to wake up next to no one?
Yeh, that's a heck of a cliffhanger.
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Most of the King arcs hold more serious, emotional, or "stuffs gettin' real" elements, but this is happening so fast and became so serious and emotional that it feels a little forced. However, this could also mean that the Cosmic Nerd storyline is at it's finale.
He's already announced that he's cramming the finale of the Cosmic Nerds storyline into this arc because of people's complaints about this storyline, so yes, it's feeling rushed, for a reason.
Wonder if he considered making it a spinoff....maybe have just two new comics a week in "Housepets!" And maybe a separate site called "Housepets: The Game" updated once a week. That would seem to satisfy everyone and keep Rick's weekly HP related output to three strips a week. (Personally I enjoy both storylines, just as I enjoy both the war episodes and the Feringi comedy episodes of DS9...sorry for all the recent DS9 references but I've been binge watching the seasons the last few weeks).
valerio

Post by valerio »

I wouldn't mind him writing an illustrated ebook based on the Game. Now THAT would be a bestseller! :D
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Acritic2 wrote:KING! Go pray to dragon for help or talk to Tarot! Either one atleast might know how to get Bailey out of this!
I don't think that's the best idea. I mean, that's like Devil-worship.
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

SuperStar wrote:I don't think that's the best idea. I mean, that's like Devil-worship.
Eh, what to worry about? I mean, what could POSSIBLY go wrong with asking a character playing the cosmic game for help after another just made you suffer enough to call said chara--
...Okay, I'm officially crazy for considering that ALL being Dragon's plan to get King against Pete's possible avatars, sorry.
valerio wrote:I wouldn't mind him writing an illustrated ebook based on the Game. Now THAT would be a bestseller!
*prepares money and waits for that to happen. ...Well, that, and arc ending*
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote: Welcome, ConvoyWolf! I hope you enjoy your stay and make new acquaintances! :D
And yes, I worry about the events to come. Because it seems that no matter what they do, Pete has already planned for it!
I hope he doesn't see Bailey's spirit-powered
"FACE!" punch coming. :)
Thanks for the welcome. And i hope he doesnt see it either. And i gotta say its not that i HATE Pete, i just...i just feel sorry for him. I mean i can honestly see a bit of malice within him for his imprisonment as motivation for doing what he does, as well as a competitive spirit. And its sad because he relly has potential to be a good person in the end.....i mean hes just too handsome to be the embodiment of pure evil.

Anyways i just hope Bailey comes home to King. I dun care how or when. Honestly he needs her, and seeing him nearly brought to tears knowing he could be without her tears at my heart. Whatever King/Joel plans to do to get her back im behind him!

Cmon King! You said youd move heaven and earth to get to Bailey! Time to start flexing them Corgi muscles!
Nolan lunocr

Post by Nolan lunocr »

Something is not right here
BESIDES PETE taking bailey away. At the end of the strip he says "try not to panic too much when you wake up"
This leads me to believe that he might change king's physical appearance again or turn him back into a human.
But I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Nolan lunocr wrote:Something is not right here
BESIDES PETE taking bailey away. At the end of the strip he says "try not to panic too much when you wake up"
This leads me to believe that he might change king's physical appearance again or turn him back into a human.
But I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Yeah, that's pretty much spelled out. I absolutely hate it, but there it is... I'm really dreading what happens next.
DevinParlett

Post by DevinParlett »

The fact that this comic can create such a diverse discourse on it's existence/plot means Rick is doing it right.

This comic reminds me, only slightly, of A Song of Fire and Ice. There is SO MUCH that can be going on with this comic and the universe it belongs to that you may go a long time without seeing a set of characters or a story-line. As long as Rick can manage it and pace it properly and give the proper plots/characters their space, he'll have a successful comic to run for many years while he works to branch out his writing skills into other comics (A&H) or books (Argo/A Thousand Miles Up).

It is more excruciating for some fans because, unlike a book or an already printed comic, they're waiting two days for what would be a page of dialogue and action/description text that is drawn.

I admit, the plot frustrates me too. But that's because I'm excited to see what happens next.

Keep up the great work Rick, and keep the conversation going everyone ^_^.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Argent wrote:He's already announced that he's cramming the finale of the Cosmic Nerds storyline into this arc because of people's complaints about this storyline, so yes, it's feeling rushed, for a reason.
Wait wait wait wait wait... When did he say something like that...?
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

Venorik wrote:I'm waiting on Pete getting there to find Dragon waiting to tell him she doesn't care anymore and that he wins. After what Max and Dragon spoke about at the end of 71. THE GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL I personally wouldn't blame Dragon. Hell, I think she might enjoy the one lifetime as a mortal, see things from the perspective of all the creatures her and Pete use in their U&U games.
Hah! That would be hillarious!
And she comes into the mortal world as the offspring of a human Joel and Bailey?
OOoooh!
CreativePr0cess

Post by CreativePr0cess »

I only have one thing to say.
Stop looking at your wrist Pete. You do not have a watch.
I cut off an inch from every straw I see so the world will suck a little less.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Ryusuta wrote:
Argent wrote:He's already announced that he's cramming the finale of the Cosmic Nerds storyline into this arc because of people's complaints about this storyline, so yes, it's feeling rushed, for a reason.
Wait wait wait wait wait... When did he say something like that...?
He posted it to twitter, and a few of us have been mentioning it in the comic discussion because of all the complaining going on.
Last edited by Obbl on Fri May 16, 2014 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Well that's unfortunate. The genre switching is my favourite thing about this comic. I don't think I'd like it nearly as much if it just started being pure slice of life. I mean I'd still like it, but a bit less. I like things that switch genres because it feels so much better to get normal life in the middle of whatever other plot something has going on. Hanging out one episode, fighting dragons the next.

If anything I hope this goes like I want with just about everyone who's been involved with these guys getting in at the end.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Frank

Post by Frank »

Kyuunado wrote:If King is unhappy now... Holy carp he is going to be a supercharged Dark paladin!
Well, that's if he goes to get Bailey back himself... :?
That's what I think is happening. He's going to discover exactly how hard it is for a dog to get a trans-pacific plane ticket
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
valerio

Post by valerio »

Frank wrote:
Kyuunado wrote:If King is unhappy now... Holy carp he is going to be a supercharged Dark paladin!
Well, that's if he goes to get Bailey back himself... :?
That's what I think is happening. He's going to discover exactly how hard it is for a dog to get a trans-pacific plane ticket
Ultimate power trip fantasy: with the help of Peanut, King gets the powers of SPOT (Superdog)! 8-)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

exranio wrote:Well that's unfortunate. The genre switching is my favourite thing about this comic. I don't think I'd like it nearly as much if it just started being pure slice of life. I mean I'd still like it, but a bit less. I like things that switch genres because it feels so much better to get normal life in the middle of whatever other plot something has going on. Hanging out one episode, fighting dragons the next.

If anything I hope this goes like I want with just about everyone who's been involved with these guys getting in at the end.
It's because of all the complaining that happens every time we get back to the Cosmic game. -_- It would have ended eventually, but it's wearing Rick down having to listen to it, and the last few threads are a good example of why.

I'm really getting frustrated at the lack of trust in Rick to give us a good story with a good ending. Why are we talking about this like there is no hope or things might end terribly or we might never see King and Bailey together again. Seriously, guys. The negativity is dominating these threads. It makes it hard to read through. I guess I'm glad to see some of you turning your misplaced rage against Pete into hope for his defeat, but there are so many other comments dreading the future and hating the seriousness and hoping against hope that things will turn out alright. And I guess that's a testament to Rick's character writing, but are we seriously incapable of just believing in Rick's intentions to give us a story we will actually enjoy?
This isn't really even that dark. I mean, SmileWolf mentioned Dresden Files where a guy is killed and brought back as an avatar to an ill-intentioned goddess, and all we have to deal with is Bailey and King being separated, and King possibly being transformed back into Joel. We're just getting into the story, just setting up the conflict, just getting the ball rolling, and already things are too dark? Guys, Rick has to set up some sort of conflict. I know you all care about King and Bailey, but you can't lost hope just because something bad happens.
I know you want to express your feelings on the comic (that's why this forum is here). But can we tone down on the paragraphs about why we dislike the comic most all of which boil down to "I can't stand to see something bad happening to King and Bailey"?

The most frustrating part really is that people word their dislike in the form of "I hate how the comic is going" and "I hate these characters". Rick puts a lot of time and energy into giving us something that explores new and interesting topics and places, and people keep reacting with distaste through entire arcs. They hate the Cosmic Game, they hate the Cosmic Players. And they do so without knowing how the story is going to end and without understanding who the characters are. They hate the story because of where it is currently and pass judgement on the whole work prematurely. They hate the characters because they do bad things to characters they personally like, or even because they have the potential too in some cases. And Rick puts a lot of time into giving us characters who aren't all good, but certainly aren't evil. It's hard on him, so it's all wrapping up now.
So be happy. You got your wish.