Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
2014/05/21 - That One Scene 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 285
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Argent wrote:
Xane wrote:
Again, I don't see anywhere where Pete actually promised Bailey anything. The whole "and have your wishes granted" thing when she transformed was probably for dramatics (I'm surprised he didn't have a pack of coyotes chanting faux Latin in the background), she signed the contract without asking a thing. He threatened to turn King back into a human. He never said that he wouldn't if she became his avatar, she just ran in and signed it.
Technicalities. Her intent was clear and Pete knows what her intent was because that's how she got her powers. Pete's just being a jerk and a rules lawyer.

And, guys, the "Jo... king" schtick has been going around for five years, almost exactly.


I don't Bailey-ve you.

...

...

Image


Thu May 22, 2014 7:54 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14785
Location: Italy
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
last prediction for tomorrow's comic.
Joel escorted by security out of the house, throwing a last, sad and resigned look to Fox, while off panel we 'hear' Joel asking Fox to go to Sabrina for help, that whatever happens to himself, it's Bailey that needs help now...

_________________
Image
Image


Thu May 22, 2014 8:10 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 285
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
valerio wrote:
last prediction for tomorrow's comic.
Joel escorted by security out of the house, throwing a last, sad and resigned look to Fox, while off panel we 'hear' Joel asking Fox to go to Sabrina for help, that whatever happens to himself, it's Bailey that needs help now...


I think that's probably rushing things a bit. I'm personally hoping for a bit more conversation and development. But then, I have to admit, Rick's proven time and again that he knows best one way or another, so I guess we'll see!


Thu May 22, 2014 8:24 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 981
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
PIERULEZ wrote:
copper wrote:
You know, I was thinking. What if Pete loses the game and becomes the new King? He has to inhabit King's body and be Joel's pet...


oh no, if pete becomes king then Bailey might start kis.... AAHHH MY EYES ... IT BURNS IT BURNS !!!!!!!!

If it came down to that, I would think he would be put in a mortal body as punishment for something, or as a wager if he lost the Cosmic Game.

In that case, I would think Pete would be put in Joel's body, and King would get to be a dog permanently.

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Thu May 22, 2014 8:39 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14785
Location: Italy
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Our hero proved himself to be better than his old, odious self. He can't allow anyone else than Fox to know the truth about King. it stands to reason that, unless magical intervention occurs, Joel would rather take the blame and get himself arrested as long as someone's out there to do something for Bailey.
It is also possible that tomorrow's comic will be dedicated to a heart-to-heart between our favorite buddies.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu May 22, 2014 8:39 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3169
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
I can't believe nobody's taken the last frame for an avatar yet.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Thu May 22, 2014 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 981
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Shortly. Claiming it.

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Thu May 22, 2014 9:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:16 am
Posts: 348
Images: 70
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Kitch wrote:
PIERULEZ wrote:
copper wrote:
You know, I was thinking. What if Pete loses the game and becomes the new King? He has to inhabit King's body and be Joel's pet...


oh no, if pete becomes king then Bailey might start kis.... AAHHH MY EYES ... IT BURNS IT BURNS !!!!!!!!

If it came down to that, I would think he would be put in a mortal body as punishment for something, or as a wager if he lost the Cosmic Game.

In that case, I would think Pete would be put in Joel's body, and King would get to be a dog permanently.


I actuallt mention that theory too earlier. An issue with it though, as i was told is that if Pete is given an adult body he can still be a threat to King and Bailey, maybe bot as a marauding gryphon but he could physically harm them good if possible. And remember the loser of the game, according to Pete himself has to be in a human body for a complete lifetime.


Thu May 22, 2014 9:47 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 143
Location: Sac, CA
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Argent wrote:
I can't believe nobody's taken the last frame for an avatar yet.


Thought about it, but then if I took it, someone would take the one I currently have. :P

valerio wrote:
last prediction for tomorrow's comic.
Joel escorted by security out of the house, throwing a last, sad and resigned look to Fox, while off panel we 'hear' Joel asking Fox to go to Sabrina for help, that whatever happens to himself, it's Bailey that needs help now...


I do believe Joel would do anything for Bailey, but I see no reason why he'd go and make himself known to the authorities. That, to me, just sounds like giving up because he can't do anything to help if he gets himself locked away. His crime was mainly against Fox, and from the look of it, they're resolving it.


Thu May 22, 2014 11:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:32 pm
Posts: 631
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Joel may have been (more than) a bit of a jerk himself in the past but I don't think he was ever evil. He got caught up with a bad group he didn't really pay enough attention to when he joined. It was the other guy who tried to kill Fox and Joel had no idea he was going to do it.

His bad attitude got him banned from the saner animal rescue organizations so he wound up with people crazier than he was. Assisting in a petnapping was pretty bad, yeah, but I don't believe he ever wanted to hurt any pets. He was starting to feel bad about doing it but didn't really get a chance to change things before they were caught.


Thu May 22, 2014 11:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 143
Location: Sac, CA
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
ConvoyWolf wrote:
And remember the loser of the game, according to Pete himself has to be in a human body for a complete lifetime.


Correction, a mortal body, not necessarily a human one. And as you said, a complete lifetime. That's why many of us have thought about him becoming one of Bailey and King's offspring.


Thu May 22, 2014 11:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:59 pm
Posts: 126
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
ConvoyWolf wrote:
I actuallt mention that theory too earlier. An issue with it though, as i was told is that if Pete is given an adult body he can still be a threat to King and Bailey, maybe bot as a marauding gryphon but he could physically harm them good if possible. And remember the loser of the game, according to Pete himself has to be in a human body for a complete lifetime.


He said in the 6th panel here a mortal body for a full lifetime. He didn't say anything about the mortal body being human.


Thu May 22, 2014 11:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:16 am
Posts: 348
Images: 70
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Leomon2004 wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:
I actuallt mention that theory too earlier. An issue with it though, as i was told is that if Pete is given an adult body he can still be a threat to King and Bailey, maybe bot as a marauding gryphon but he could physically harm them good if possible. And remember the loser of the game, according to Pete himself has to be in a human body for a complete lifetime.


He said in the 6th panel here a mortal body for a full lifetime. He didn't say anything about the mortal body being human.



Oh crap your right! Sorry all!


Thu May 22, 2014 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14785
Location: Italy
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Leomon2004 wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:
I actuallt mention that theory too earlier. An issue with it though, as i was told is that if Pete is given an adult body he can still be a threat to King and Bailey, maybe bot as a marauding gryphon but he could physically harm them good if possible. And remember the loser of the game, according to Pete himself has to be in a human body for a complete lifetime.


He said in the 6th panel here a mortal body for a full lifetime. He didn't say anything about the mortal body being human.

Pete could easily choose an insect and spend just a few days in his mortal prison!

_________________
Image
Image


Thu May 22, 2014 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Wanna play a game?
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm
Posts: 4742
Location: Germany, Europe, Terra
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Discostew wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:
And remember the loser of the game, according to Pete himself has to be in a human body for a complete lifetime.


Correction, a mortal body, not necessarily a human one. And as you said, a complete lifetime. That's why many of us have thought about him becoming one of Bailey and King's offspring.
As a Mayfly maybe... It will be quick then. :lol:

_________________
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

ImageImage
ImageImageImage


Thu May 22, 2014 12:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 143
Location: Sac, CA
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
valerio wrote:
Leomon2004 wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:
I actuallt mention that theory too earlier. An issue with it though, as i was told is that if Pete is given an adult body he can still be a threat to King and Bailey, maybe bot as a marauding gryphon but he could physically harm them good if possible. And remember the loser of the game, according to Pete himself has to be in a human body for a complete lifetime.


He said in the 6th panel here a mortal body for a full lifetime. He didn't say anything about the mortal body being human.

Pete could easily choose an insect and spend just a few days in his mortal prison!


Render wrote:
As a Mayfly maybe... It will be quick then. :lol:


This is why I believe that the loser doesn't get to choose what mortal life to live, because if they could, they'd choose a short-lived being that finishes shortly after starting. Plus, because it is to be a full lifetime, I would think the loser can't commit suicide or request death while in their mortal body.


Thu May 22, 2014 1:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:50 am
Posts: 46
Location: New England, USA
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Why are some stating that Joel couldn't get help from Tarot and Sabrina because they are Dragon's avatar and follower? Joel is no longer indebted to Pete anymore, he is a free agent, and he can work with whoever he wants to get Bailey back and defeat Pete. And I would think, if the duel is with Dragon's avatar, the one person you'd want to persuade not to hurt Bailey would be Dragon's avatar, Tarot. At least he could "gather intelligence" from them to see what is going on and figure out a solution.


Thu May 22, 2014 2:24 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 143
Location: Sac, CA
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
This just sort of popped into my mind as another reason that Fox is to believe that Joel is King. His prison clothes. Yes, they've already been mentioned, but I have a different perspective to point out. This is what Joel wore years ago prior to being turned into King, and the authorities believed that Joel escaped. Had he actually escaped, then he certainly wouldn't be wearing those clothes anymore, let alone having them still in such good condition.

And let's be honest, Joel wanted to prove that he was King to Fox, and revealing himself and accepting the consequences, like the literal beating-the-carp out of him, goes a long way of proving that imo.


Thu May 22, 2014 2:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:56 am
Posts: 5
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Discostew wrote:
This just sort of popped into my mind as another reason that Fox is to believe that Joel is King. His prison clothes. Yes, they've already been mentioned, but I have a different perspective to point out. This is what Joel wore years ago prior to being turned into King, and the authorities believed that Joel escaped. Had he actually escaped, then he certainly wouldn't be wearing those clothes anymore, let alone having them still in such good condition.

And let's be honest, Joel wanted to prove that he was King to Fox, and revealing himself and accepting the consequences, like the literal beating-the-carp out of him, goes a long way of proving that imo.


he cant just run , if they found the empty room with inside the smell and fingerprints of Joel and no clue about King and Baley is the last thing our hero need and nobody in that situation can belive his story.


Thu May 22, 2014 2:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:32 pm
Posts: 631
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
SmileWolf wrote:
Why are some stating that Joel couldn't get help from Tarot and Sabrina because they are Dragon's avatar and follower? Joel is no longer indebted to Pete anymore, he is a free agent, and he can work with whoever he wants to get Bailey back and defeat Pete. And I would think, if the duel is with Dragon's avatar, the one person you'd want to persuade not to hurt Bailey would be Dragon's avatar, Tarot. At least he could "gather intelligence" from them to see what is going on and figure out a solution.


Because Tarot usually refuses to help King unless it appears to benefit her.

Sabrina is somewhat more sympathetic but has still said she can't interfere. Also I doubt they would have helped King with the watch if it didn't hinder Pete somehow.

Kitsune told Dragon she couldn't change King back into a human. Not "you cannot interact with King at all, must leave him in the dark at every turn, except when it advances your goals." Whether or not King is "allowed" to work with them, he hasn't really been given any indication that they care about him, which is why he's taken to slamming the door instead.


Thu May 22, 2014 3:08 pm
Profile
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7972
Images: 0
Location: Inside Your Mind
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Xane wrote:
Joel may have been (more than) a bit of a jerk himself in the past but I don't think he was ever evil. He got caught up with a bad group he didn't really pay enough attention to when he joined. It was the other guy who tried to kill Fox and Joel had no idea he was going to do it.

His bad attitude got him banned from the saner animal rescue organizations so he wound up with people crazier than he was. Assisting in a petnapping was pretty bad, yeah, but I don't believe he ever wanted to hurt any pets. He was starting to feel bad about doing it but didn't really get a chance to change things before they were caught.

His criminal history, not bad attitude, kept Joel out of other organizations. Let's not revise history to paint the man a hero.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Thu May 22, 2014 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 143
Location: Sac, CA
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Xane wrote:
SmileWolf wrote:
Why are some stating that Joel couldn't get help from Tarot and Sabrina because they are Dragon's avatar and follower? Joel is no longer indebted to Pete anymore, he is a free agent, and he can work with whoever he wants to get Bailey back and defeat Pete. And I would think, if the duel is with Dragon's avatar, the one person you'd want to persuade not to hurt Bailey would be Dragon's avatar, Tarot. At least he could "gather intelligence" from them to see what is going on and figure out a solution.


Because Tarot usually refuses to help King unless it appears to benefit her.

Sabrina is somewhat more sympathetic but has still said she can't interfere. Also I doubt they would have helped King with the watch if it didn't hinder Pete somehow.

Kitsune told Dragon she couldn't change King back into a human. Not "you cannot interact with King at all, must leave him in the dark at every turn, except when it advances your goals." Whether or not King is "allowed" to work with them, he hasn't really been given any indication that they care about him, which is why he's taken to slamming the door instead.


But isn't that on the basis that King was a minion to Pete? Is there still a deal between them? Has there ever been a deal? Is he even a minion anymore now that he's back to being a human? I thought it was ok by the rules that Pete could take King in because he was a dog at that moment, no matter the past history (and the game only allows animals), but "now" that he's human, doesn't that free him from any obligations to Pete? From my point of view, Joel could be changed back to King by Dragon and be her minion/avatar/etc instead, and if Joel felt that this was his way of "saving" Bailey, I'm pretty sure he'd gladly do it.


Thu May 22, 2014 3:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:32 pm
Posts: 631
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Discostew wrote:
But isn't that on the basis that King was a minion to Pete? Is there still a deal between them? Has there ever been a deal? Is he even a minion anymore now that he's back to being a human? I thought it was ok by the rules that Pete could take King in because he was a dog at that moment, no matter the past history (and the game only allows animals), but "now" that he's human, doesn't that free him from any obligations to Pete? From my point of view, Joel could be changed back to King by Dragon and be her minion/avatar/etc instead, and if Joel felt that this was his way of "saving" Bailey, I'm pretty sure he'd gladly do it.

King was never Pete's minion, Pete was never allowed to keep him as a pet since he wasn't even supposed to be interacting with the universe at all without an avatar, he was removed from the game (and as King's owner) when Kitsune finally enforced the rules. Kitsune said he's an "unrelated third party or enemy combatant". He told Dragon not to interfere... when she said she could change King back into a human. I'd assume that also means she can't change him back into a dog, either. Not "Your follower can't let King into the house and call the police about the mad dog chasing him" but Tarot claimed that would somehow still be against the rules - whether that claim was true or not is not known.


Thu May 22, 2014 3:57 pm
Profile
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7972
Images: 0
Location: Inside Your Mind
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Joel/King was never Pete's minion. You may, instead, be thinking of Keene Milton. The Great Kitsune forbade Spirit Dragon turning King back into Joel on the basis that he was a third party to their game.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Thu May 22, 2014 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:59 pm
Posts: 126
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
diss wrote:
Joel/King was never Pete's minion. You may, instead, be thinking of Keene Milton. The Great Kitsune forbade Spirit Dragon turning King back into Joel on the basis that he was a third party to their game.


So basically Joel/King is an NPC in the Game?


Thu May 22, 2014 4:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:47 am
Posts: 572
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Ryusuta wrote:
Argent wrote:
Xane wrote:
Again, I don't see anywhere where Pete actually promised Bailey anything. The whole "and have your wishes granted" thing when she transformed was probably for dramatics (I'm surprised he didn't have a pack of coyotes chanting faux Latin in the background), she signed the contract without asking a thing. He threatened to turn King back into a human. He never said that he wouldn't if she became his avatar, she just ran in and signed it.
Technicalities. Her intent was clear and Pete knows what her intent was because that's how she got her powers. Pete's just being a jerk and a rules lawyer.

And, guys, the "Jo... king" schtick has been going around for five years, almost exactly.


I don't Bailey-ve you.



OutFOXed!

So the winner of the duel 'gets to lead our gaming group' (according to 'Trial in Heaven'). Isn't that GK's position?


Thu May 22, 2014 4:21 pm
Profile
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7972
Images: 0
Location: Inside Your Mind
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
The Great Kitsune's currently acting as game master; whether that makes him the gaming group's leader has not been established within the comic.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Thu May 22, 2014 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 143
Location: Sac, CA
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Ok, I understand that King wasn't or ever was Pete's minion, but now about this "3rd-party" business. Is Joel still considered 3rd-party even though he's now human? The only reason Pete turned Joel into King in the first place was to get him into the game for his backup plan, having a Dark Paladin, as he wanted one that had a lot of discontent, to which humans likely possess more than dogs and cats could.

Now, about what Kitsune said about King being a 3rd-party or enemy player, it sounds like King only became one when Joel turned into him, not beforehand, and as such Dragon couldn't intervene until the duel was over, for he was now part of the game by being a dog. As this game can only involve dogs and cats, this is where I make my assumption that now that King is a human, his tie to being this 3rd-party is null and void.

Again, my interpretation of this cosmic game.


Thu May 22, 2014 4:37 pm
Profile
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1274
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
3rd-party implies he's not a part of either side. Now that he's a human, I would assume that makes him even more 3rd-party to their game.

_________________
Image


Thu May 22, 2014 5:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 143
Location: Sac, CA
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Obbl wrote:
3rd-party implies he's not a part of either side. Now that he's a human, I would assume that makes him even more 3rd-party to their game.


But if the game only involves animals, then he can't be in the game, not even 3rd-party. He got thrown into the game the moment he turned into a dog, but was not part of it before as a human, so my understanding is that humans cannot be a valid part of the game as they are.

Well, here's hoping we get more info about the game, as we're basing this all on existing strips rather than Rick's overall perspective of it.


Last edited by Discostew on Thu May 22, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu May 22, 2014 5:18 pm
Profile
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1274
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Wiktionary wrote:
Third Party
2. someone only incidentally or tangentially connected to an incident or dispute; someone other than the principals; a bystander or independent witness.
I'm pretty sure that defines Joel. He's not one of the primary players. He's been relegated to the position of a bystander. He may still be able to do something to affect the game, but he's not a direct part of if as far as the actual game mechanics are concerned.

_________________
Image


Thu May 22, 2014 5:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 9:06 pm
Posts: 22
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Image

My botched attempt to create an edit of King which has aspects of Bailey and Pete in it to try and give form to the image of puppy Pete in my head. I say botched because it started to basically look like a blue Fox ><

So anyway for those who wondered what Pete may look like as a dog, this is one possibility


Thu May 22, 2014 5:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 6:53 am
Posts: 482
Location: A PLACE
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Silvermane wrote:
Image

My botched attempt to create an edit of King which has aspects of Bailey and Pete in it to try and give form to the image of puppy Pete in my head. I say botched because it started to basically look like a blue Fox ><

So anyway for those who wondered what Pete may look like as a dog, this is one possibility


Pretty Swag.

_________________
Feel my icy wrath!


Thu May 22, 2014 5:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 143
Location: Sac, CA
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Silvermane wrote:
Image

My botched attempt to create an edit of King which has aspects of Bailey and Pete in it to try and give form to the image of puppy Pete in my head. I say botched because it started to basically look like a blue Fox ><

So anyway for those who wondered what Pete may look like as a dog, this is one possibility


I like it. Now imagine him like that as a puppy with stubby legs and big floppy ears. :)

Well, not "floppy" floppy, but just big ears.


Thu May 22, 2014 5:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:47 am
Posts: 572
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Silvermane wrote:
Image

My botched attempt to create an edit of King which has aspects of Bailey and Pete in it to try and give form to the image of puppy Pete in my head. I say botched because it started to basically look like a blue Fox ><

So anyway for those who wondered what Pete may look like as a dog, this is one possibility


I like it!


Thu May 22, 2014 5:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:59 pm
Posts: 126
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Hedronal wrote:
I can't really tell what order panels 5-8 are supposed to go in.


If you look closely there is a line connecting the panels. Which probably means the order is how they're connected.


Thu May 22, 2014 6:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 143
Location: Sac, CA
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Leomon2004 wrote:
Hedronal wrote:
I can't really tell what order panels 5-8 are supposed to go in.


If you look closely there is a line connecting the panels. Which probably means the order is how they're connected.


Hah, I looked at that from top, left, right, bottom, rather than the intended order. The smack following the punch makes more sense.


Thu May 22, 2014 6:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3169
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
diss wrote:
His criminal history, not bad attitude, kept Joel out of other organizations. Let's not revise history to paint the man a hero.
HAN SHOT FIRST!

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Thu May 22, 2014 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:47 am
Posts: 572
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
Is it me, or is Joel's ear just slightly pointed and dare I say it....corgi-like... in the panel where he's hugging Fox as opposed to the panel above it? It may just be an error in drawing, but I like to think its a nice subliminal sign by Rick of Joel's inner-King.


Thu May 22, 2014 7:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:59 pm
Posts: 126
Post Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Is it me, or is Joel's ear just slightly pointed and dare I say it....corgi-like... in the panel where he's hugging Fox as opposed to the panel above it? It may just be an error in drawing, but I like to think its a nice subliminal sign by Rick of Joel's inner-King.


It might just be the angle of his head.


Thu May 22, 2014 7:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.