Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp 
Author Message
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7987
Images: 0
Location: Inside Your Mind
Post 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
[ Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp ]

Title Text: look, in the long run you live forever so I don't see what you're complaining about

I wonder who called in that favor, though. Hmm...

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Wed May 21, 2014 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 296
Location: Home
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Gotta love Peanut´s philosophy, "look there´s another demigod ... lets sniff her"

_________________
Remember the two rules: stay calm and stay cool; but none of that matters
if you dont remember the third rule: NEVER QUIT
Image


Wed May 28, 2014 12:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4326
Location: Ohio
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Well considering that she waited until he had the thing from Dragon/Tarot to show up, I'm saying it was likely Dragon who called it in.

_________________
Image
Image


Wed May 28, 2014 12:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 143
Location: Sac, CA
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
"I'm gonna sniff everybody!...including demigods!"


Wed May 28, 2014 12:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:16 am
Posts: 348
Images: 70
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Poor Joel. Guy just cant get a break!

Notice Kings name isnt in the tags this time. Oh Well, nice knowin him. LOL!


Last edited by ConvoyWolf on Wed May 28, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed May 28, 2014 12:06 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Posts: 476
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Oh, there's Peanut!

You have to admit, sometimes not being told you could summon the caretaker of your fate is a good thing. Don't want to rush into something like that.

Also, curse you, subjective time!

_________________
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.

Check out my DeviantART if you'd like: http://d-rock92.deviantart.com/


Wed May 28, 2014 12:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:32 pm
Posts: 636
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
I think all celestial entities should be forced to live a year of subjective time.


Wed May 28, 2014 12:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 7:05 am
Posts: 148
Images: 0
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
As painless as possible eh? I don't think so for Joel/King. He was torn away from his wife, had to be turned into a dog in the first place(at that time he hated it), AND got socked in the face by Fox. It was a semi "WTF are you?" punch. Wasn't it?

_________________
Image
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names!


Wed May 28, 2014 12:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 7:18 am
Posts: 42
Location: The Endless Pit That is My Mind
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Well, at least the anxiety this comic was giving me is dying down. TO MUCH TO HANDLE :cry:

_________________
I cut off an inch from every straw I see so the world will suck a little less.


Wed May 28, 2014 12:14 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 3393
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
It's different between us, you and I,
you mortals who live on the ground
and us eternals who reign in the sky.
I have to say... what are you doing?
I can see you down there, you know?
Why? Why exactly are you sniffing?
Is that what we do? I didn't know...
Do you mind? We're looking dynamic
as we two talk to the ones here in trouble
and tell how we haven't waited at all
as a year is a second and four is just double.
We've taken no time, just waited on the call
when it worked along with... something more
I can't tell you about. no harm?
Excuse me right head, stop watching the floor
and agree to move our right arm?
It's difficult to be impressive, young Fox,
when three brains live in the one mighty box...

_________________
The Avatar is Commander Hawle of The Loper. He appreciates Hukley as an Artist. As do I.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie


Wed May 28, 2014 12:15 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:04 pm
Posts: 140
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
I wonder if each of cerbs' heads have different personalities. Like one head is more kind, one is capricious, and the third is more logical.


Wed May 28, 2014 12:20 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 3393
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Iceheart wrote:
I wonder if each of cerbs' heads have different personalities. Like one head is more kind, one is capricious, and the third is more logical.

It does seem so, doesn't it? The Right head (looking at Peanut) seems to be the fun one.

_________________
The Avatar is Commander Hawle of The Loper. He appreciates Hukley as an Artist. As do I.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie


Wed May 28, 2014 12:25 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:10 am
Posts: 314
Location: Alternet 0
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Discostew wrote:
"I'm gonna sniff everybody!...including demigods!"

My dog, you're right! When Peanut said he'd sniff everyone, he really meant... Everyone


Wed May 28, 2014 12:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:47 am
Posts: 577
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Iceheart wrote:
I wonder if each of cerbs' heads have different personalities. Like one head is more kind, one is capricious, and the third is more logical.


I was wondering if they matched the outlooks in order of Fido-Bino-Joey being Heroic/Adventurous-Serious/Selfish-Goofball/Funloving.


I like how the one head is still looking down at Peanut in the second panel. It would be interesting if after showing scenes of Cerbs talking with Joel and Fox, we cut back to a shot of Peanut, who by this time has somehow found a step ladder in order sniff her butt.


Last edited by WhoElseButQuagmire on Wed May 28, 2014 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed May 28, 2014 12:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:16 am
Posts: 348
Images: 70
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
I dunno about you guys but when i look at Cerb i can totally see her singing a certain song by Elton John, recited by William Shatner then by Stewie Griffin.


Last edited by ConvoyWolf on Wed May 28, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed May 28, 2014 1:05 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: Argentina
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Link to the forum wrote:
Joel is just about as cute as King, isn't he?

Indeed. :3
With those sunglasses Joel could easily be mistaken as Bill's son. :P

Now, I have a theory. I think King and Bailey aren't together by matter of fate but was actually Dragon who paired them off just as she did with Peanut, Grape and Fido (as Pete suggested in The trial in heaven).
Pete knew beforehand that Dragon was such a shipper and that's why he decided to pick Joel and made him suffer forcing Dragon to intervene (indirectly) on this, since she doesn't like to see a mortal suffer on their account (and she wouldn't let Pete wins, of course).
So the Dark Paladin was a plan B after all. Pete was aiming for the White Avenger since the beginning and took advantage on Dragon's nature and naivety in order to achieve it.
If this is true then I wonder how Joel will react when he finds out that his love for Bailey was also part of another strategy created by a whim of a demigod in order to win this game which was not meant to be part of his life but still keeps messing with it anyway.

_________________
ImageImage


Wed May 28, 2014 1:28 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:32 am
Posts: 6
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Dog. Human. King/Joel has the exact same grumpface.


Wed May 28, 2014 2:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 3:43 pm
Posts: 1497
Location: Skulking in Borehamwood, England
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
I think it was Kitsune, he said a reward was coming to compensate for Pete's wrongdoing and another was at the end of the game. :P

_________________
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
Redefining good and evil since 1996! - BigBenBPTQ
Want to talk? PM me or message at Kyuubi.Kitsune00@gmail.com and add me on Google+


Wed May 28, 2014 2:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:16 am
Posts: 348
Images: 70
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Kyuunado wrote:
I think it was Kitsune, he said a reward was coming to compensate for Pete's wrongdoing and another was at the end of the game. :P


He did say that...im interested to know what they are....but also worried


Wed May 28, 2014 2:15 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 285
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Joel is almost as cute as King indeed.

GEE, I WONDER WHY.


Wed May 28, 2014 2:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 143
Location: Sac, CA
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Gren wrote:
Link to the forum wrote:
Joel is just about as cute as King, isn't he?

Indeed. :3
With those sunglasses Joel could easily be mistaken as Bill's son. :P

Now, I have a theory. I think King and Bailey aren't together by matter of fate but was actually Dragon who paired them off just as she did with Peanut, Grape and Fido (as Pete suggested in The trial in heaven).
Pete knew beforehand that Dragon was such a shipper and that's why he decided to pick Joel and made him suffer forcing Dragon to intervene (indirectly) on this, since she doesn't like to see a mortal suffer on their account (and she wouldn't let Pete wins, of course).
So the Dark Paladin was a plan B after all. Pete was aiming for the White Avenger since the beginning and took advantage on Dragon's nature and naivety in order to achieve it.
If this is true then I wonder how Joel will react when he finds out that his love for Bailey was also part of another strategy created by a whim of a demigod in order to win this game which was not meant to be part of his life but still keeps messing with it anyway.


Interesting theory. I don't know about the White Avenger being his goal from the very beginning, but I could see him improvising after multiple failed attempts for a Dream Sunderer by letting Dragon think she's getting the upper hand one last time, turning an disadvantage into an advantage.


Wed May 28, 2014 2:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 3187
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
I think Pete's just winging it, really.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Wed May 28, 2014 4:49 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:44 pm
Posts: 2
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Discostew wrote:
Gren wrote:
Link to the forum wrote:
Joel is just about as cute as King, isn't he?

Indeed. :3
With those sunglasses Joel could easily be mistaken as Bill's son. :P

Now, I have a theory. I think King and Bailey aren't together by matter of fate but was actually Dragon who paired them off just as she did with Peanut, Grape and Fido (as Pete suggested in The trial in heaven).
Pete knew beforehand that Dragon was such a shipper and that's why he decided to pick Joel and made him suffer forcing Dragon to intervene (indirectly) on this, since she doesn't like to see a mortal suffer on their account (and she wouldn't let Pete wins, of course).
So the Dark Paladin was a plan B after all. Pete was aiming for the White Avenger since the beginning and took advantage on Dragon's nature and naivety in order to achieve it.
If this is true then I wonder how Joel will react when he finds out that his love for Bailey was also part of another strategy created by a whim of a demigod in order to win this game which was not meant to be part of his life but still keeps messing with it anyway.


Interesting theory. I don't know about the White Avenger being his goal from the very beginning, but I could see him improvising after multiple failed attempts for a Dream Sunderer by letting Dragon think she's getting the upper hand one last time, turning an disadvantage into an advantage.


So Pete is playing a game of Xanatos speed chess? In that case, Dragon might not win unless both sides are playing the same game within a game, in which case, I'd say it's anyone's game.


Wed May 28, 2014 6:08 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:56 pm
Posts: 196
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Iceheart wrote:
I wonder if each of cerbs' heads have different personalities. Like one head is more kind, one is capricious, and the third is more logical.

And I love each one of them!
BTW one of the clever tricks I like that Rick threw in is that when one of cerberus's heads talk it's still blue just a different shade of blue.
IceKitsune wrote:
Well considering that she waited until he had the thing from Dragon/Tarot to show up, I'm saying it was likely Dragon who called it in.

Makes sense, I mean Dragon can see the future, so she definately would foresee the best time.


Wed May 28, 2014 6:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:50 am
Posts: 46
Location: New England, USA
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
And Rick continues to mix the comedy into the drama perfectly. Awesome. :lol:


Wed May 28, 2014 6:46 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 8:31 pm
Posts: 414
Images: 1
Location: Nowhere, Everywhere County
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Awesome. :)

Confused Fox is more confused than how confused he was at the beginning. :?:

It's nice to know that Cerb's other head serve other purposes other than tripling her bite damage. :) If she were forced to live in a mortal body for a subjective year, would each head have its own body? :?:

_________________
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Image


Wed May 28, 2014 10:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:16 am
Posts: 348
Images: 70
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Shes very tomboyish too. Really cute but she totally works out!


Wed May 28, 2014 10:37 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 285
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Saaaaaaay! I just realized, King and Pete have finally found a common ground on something they both dislike!

http://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/05/2 ... -lifetime/


Wed May 28, 2014 10:41 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:19 am
Posts: 6
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
I like how he's used to this sort of thing by now and he just takes it in stride.


Wed May 28, 2014 10:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:03 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Texas!
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Peanut in these past 2 strips feels like he's kinda....off in terms of the humor he's using.


Wed May 28, 2014 11:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 285
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
DragoonDart wrote:
Peanut in these past 2 strips feels like he's kinda....off in terms of the humor he's using.


I disagree. I think he's exactly as Peanutty as ever!


Wed May 28, 2014 11:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:59 pm
Posts: 127
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Shadowstar23 wrote:
Awesome. :)

Confused Fox is more confused than how confused he was at the beginning. :?:

It's nice to know that Cerb's other head serve other purposes other than tripling her bite damage. :) If she were forced to live in a mortal body for a subjective year, would each head have its own body? :?:


There have been animals born with more than one head. So Cerberus' mortal body might have three heads. :geek:


Wed May 28, 2014 12:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 3:43 pm
Posts: 1497
Location: Skulking in Borehamwood, England
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Somehow I don't think that will ever happen in the comic.
I'm fairly sure that either Pete will become King's son or Dragon will become mortal to date Peanut though. :lol:

_________________
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
Redefining good and evil since 1996! - BigBenBPTQ
Want to talk? PM me or message at Kyuubi.Kitsune00@gmail.com and add me on Google+


Wed May 28, 2014 1:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm
Posts: 1151
Location: Virginia
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Peanut wrote:
Just sniffing.

Oh Peanut, you're such a silly dog.

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Wed May 28, 2014 1:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 143
Location: Sac, CA
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Leomon2004 wrote:
Shadowstar23 wrote:
Awesome. :)

Confused Fox is more confused than how confused he was at the beginning. :?:

It's nice to know that Cerb's other head serve other purposes other than tripling her bite damage. :) If she were forced to live in a mortal body for a subjective year, would each head have its own body? :?:


There have been animals born with more than one head. So Cerberus' mortal body might have three heads. :geek:


Or she'd have a multiple personality disorder with all 3 coherent at the same time. She'd be talking to herself a lot though. :P


Wed May 28, 2014 1:16 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 3393
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
I wonder if arm control is handled by one head or if there needs to be a consensus?

_________________
The Avatar is Commander Hawle of The Loper. He appreciates Hukley as an Artist. As do I.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie


Wed May 28, 2014 1:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:16 am
Posts: 348
Images: 70
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Discostew wrote:

Or she'd have a multiple personality disorder with all 3 coherent at the same time. She'd be talking to herself a lot though. :P


That i could see kinda!


Wed May 28, 2014 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:40 am
Posts: 10
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Pain and time are all kind of relative to demigods?

_________________
"You guys like to play cornhole?"


Wed May 28, 2014 1:37 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 3393
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Sakkano wrote:
Pain and time are all kind of relative to demigods?

A second is a thousand years to them and a thousand years is a second. They have no real understanding of Mortal time.

_________________
The Avatar is Commander Hawle of The Loper. He appreciates Hukley as an Artist. As do I.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie


Wed May 28, 2014 1:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 143
Location: Sac, CA
Post Re: 2014/05/28 - Seek A Psycho Pom, Get A Psychopomp
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
I wonder if arm control is handled by one head or if there needs to be a consensus?


I get the feeling that Cerberus's middle head controls her body, other than the other two heads from the neck and up. Maybe the other two heads strengthen the actions the middle one makes if their purpose is the same (like when attacking Pete).


Wed May 28, 2014 2:44 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.