2014/05/30 - End of Year Six

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
SergeiTheFox

Re: 2014/05/30 - End of Year Six

Post by SergeiTheFox »

I'm guessing Peanut isn't new to this, considering everything he has done with Tarot, but I'm wondering about something: When Peanut calms down from all the excitement, how will he react to Joel?
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Xane wrote:We've already seen the staircase, though the person it's for is considerably less cute this time around (at the moment anyway).
Ok, when I first saw that comic, I thought "well, that's nice, she's helping him/her", but now if I understand the context correctly, that is both heartfelt and extremely depressing.

Anyways, great way to interrupt the arc. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that didn't see this coming. I expected Joel and Fox to do something, but not go to Heaven. Oh my! What if Joel has an audience with Bahamut and convinces him that the game/duel is unjustified, ending it and punishing those demigods involved.....to full lifetimes as mortals? If this duel is meant to be "to the death", then this intervention could be the very thing that's needed to prevent that.

Heh, the look on Fox's face...."With all I've experienced today, I could use a vacation!" I still want him and Cerberus to get together somehow. Even though Cerberus's middle head is a grump, panel 2 shows a cute kind of grumpy head. Of course the other two are happy-go-lucky.

I wonder what sort of intermission comic we will get? Will it be completely separate from this arc, or will it be a sort of tie-in? And how long will it (or they) be?

Silly Zealot wrote: Ryussuta thinks with Stu,
I bet they're once again drawing.
Was that referring to me (Discostew)? If so, then you must be a psychic or something. Yes, I was thinking of a drawing (something I haven't done for months) about the recent events of this arc, but I wanted it to break to an intermission first before I got started so I wouldn't accidentally do something that conflicted with it.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

swedishWolf wrote:Things doesnt look good for Joel.

Just look at it:
* Kidnapping a dog
* Escaping the law
* Kidnapping the exact same dog AGAIN (have fun explaining that he tagged along willingly, if Fox claims that he did we all know that its called the stockholm syndrome)
I hadnt thought of it that way.....now i am......dang.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

STAIRWAY!!!

*picks up a guitar, and plays Freebird*

:P
Argent

Post by Argent »

He's got to play his part? Wait a second, she can't mean anything to do with the game. No way is she into her lyin' ex-boyfriend's geeky games.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

swedishWolf wrote:Things doesnt look good for Joel.

Just look at it:
* Kidnapping a dog
* Escaping the law
* Kidnapping the exact same dog AGAIN (have fun explaining that he tagged along willingly, if Fox claims that he did we all know that its called the stockholm syndrome)
*Prime suspect in the disappearance of two other dogs.
majinonifox1

Post by majinonifox1 »

I made an account on here just to point this out because it bugs me! Rick, you made a misspelling!

"The VIP treatment, no less! Full package- not bound by time or space or physical need! Bring a along a friend!"
"Bring a along a friend!"

That right there... it drives my brain up a wall of serrated kitchen knives...
RedDagger

Post by RedDagger »

Well, at least Peanut won't mind not going up!

Also, I just want to see that slinky going down =P
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

To Be Continued... on Monday...I hope...

Otherwise, maybe we'll finally see my guest comic. That'd be cool, since I've deliberately not posted it publicly anywhere.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
WhoElseButQuagmire

majinonifox1 wrote:I made an account on here just to point this out because it bugs me! Rick, you made a misspelling!

"The VIP treatment, no less! Full package- not bound by time or space or physical need! Bring a along a friend!"
"Bring a along a friend!"

That right there... it drives my brain up a wall of serrated kitchen knives...

Heh, good catch there, I totally missed it. Well, just shows Rick's one of us flawed mortals, happens to the best of us.
I'm guessing he originally had 'Bring a friend' and added 'along' afterward, or had 'Bring a friend along' and changed the placement of 'along' since Cerbs just wouldn't say it the first way :)
At least he didn't make it 'Bring a long friend' or else Joel would have had to invite the snake who tricked Peanut into its cage in the Zoo arc way back when.

And welcome to the forum, hope you'll share your ideas even when there aren't any mistakes :)
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

Disconnected Soul wrote:So hello I'm new here and really I just created this account to say "Joel Just Dog-napped Fox" you may now carry on with you're regularly scheduled comic discussion. :D
He already did that. Plus Joel and Fox are friends, and even if they weren't anymore they both have a common goal: Get Bailey back.
BTW Welcome to Housepets! :P
Jamonius

Post by Jamonius »

Happy birthday Housepets and what a way to end year 6!

So Joel gets to plead his case to some of the Celestial higher ups eh? Hope he's mentally rehearsing his arguments while he's climbing those stairs. Good to see him bringing Fox along, for some reason I think he'll be of great help when Joel goes to make his case.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

End of the sixth year? Dang, That is awesome! :)
Happy Birthday Housepets! and Way to go Rick! :D
I"ll be look'n forward to your new comics and the adventures within them.
Karl

Post by Karl »

You know... people, or things, which own such dandy place as heaven could afford an elevator.
I'm a bookworm!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Wooh, Happy Birthday Housepets!!

Well, I wasn't expecting the first intermission to happen so soon, this seems like everything is too quick... Oh well, it's for the best.
But though seriously, why do all the years have to end with King/Joel? It's just seems demeaning for the main cast, at least Peanut was here for this one.
I think most likely because Joel/king is argueably the most dramatic character in the strip, so it's thematically easier to make big endings and or cliffhangers with him. I think the only way to get as fulfilling a cliffhanger with Peanut would be something along the lines of Grape deciding to follow in King/Bailey's pawsteps and announcing that she and Max are getting married, with Earl giving her permission to live with Max's family - leaving Peanut to try to come to terms with the changes.
I understand the thing about drama, but it's been Joel/King for EVERY SINGLE Year End! We could have had at least one none Joel/King in all these 6 years.

I do like that MaxXGrape idea, especially since I really like the couple. I hope that becomes a real arc. X3
NekoNyan1224

Post by NekoNyan1224 »

Arjay wrote:i love how each of Cerb's heads have a different personality ^-^
You and me both! I'm not really into piercings, but I'm totally in love with the lip and ear piercings!
I also like how her head's have different shades of blue for their speech bubbles, very ingenious!
Although maybe a bit more of a shade for the head on the right =3
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Happy Six Years! It's been exciting!
Feel my icy wrath!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I like how Peanut's waving "Goodbye, see you later guys".
Title Text wrote:hold on, let me get my slinky
That would be epic... :lol:
Xane wrote:"Can we try some heavenly chocolate while we're up here? Been wanting to know what it tastes like!"
I would go for the blue Nectar of the Gods Slushie.
Obbl wrote:"To be continued..." implies first intermission?
My guess was that we have King back already by now and a one-off week next week. No King yet, but that's okay. And it really looks like a break next week.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

Arjay wrote:i love how each of Cerb's heads have a different personality ^-^
Makes me wonder if by Pete saying he dated her, he was dating the whole package or only one of the heads o.o

Also I would slinky the gold off that stairway!
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Ryusuta wrote:Edit: To be continued. Son of a..

To quote King when he got conked on the head by his fate, "Son of a charming young woman." 8-)
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Gotta give Rick his props regarding Cerberus. For years Cerb was known as the three headed hellhound of Bealzebub (satan). But Rick, when he wanted to use the mythical creature in his comic, musta been like "oh heck no that aint happening", and gave it a total rechange into a much less menacing messenger of the gods and collector of souls, even granting her the loving and caring aspects of the fairer gender. And seing her in that one page collecting that little puppy......oh the feeeeeels. LOVE that 3 headed cutie!

Well done Rick.

And seriously, Pete is such a moron. Why would you wanna mess up a relationship with someone that awesome! Cant take 3 like minded opinions?
Bel_Lion

Post by Bel_Lion »

Does Cerberus work for both heavens?

If not, then Joel/King and Fox would be heading to dog heaven, which is more lenient.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Bel_Lion wrote:Does Cerberus work for both heavens?

If not, then Joel/King and Fox would be heading to dog heaven, which is more lenient.
If she works for both she would need a human form to work in the human on wouldn't she?
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Is Fox's reply simply his own, or was it Rick sneaking it in because he needs one from the arc? :P
Gren

Post by Gren »

Obbl wrote:"To be continued..." implies first intermission?
http://s12.postimg.org/rawt6duot/Firma.gif
Warning: inappropriate language for kids.
Silly Zealot wrote: Gren talks with TheOne
About Bino's recent mauling.
BINO WHY? It's so unfair. I think I miss him already. :cry:
Wait a sec, I don't remember seeing him recently. Then again, when was the last time we saw him?
Silly Zealot wrote:Ever since the proposition
Their love has seemed quite real,
Though in his human condition,
Is that even legal?
I lol'd so hard with this. :lol:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:I think most likely because Joel/king is argueably the most dramatic character in the strip, so it's thematically easier to make big endings and or cliffhangers with him. I think the only way to get as fulfilling a cliffhanger with Peanut would be something along the lines of Grape deciding to follow in King/Bailey's pawsteps and announcing that she and Max are getting married, with Earl giving her permission to live with Max's family - leaving Peanut to try to come to terms with the changes.
Yeah... I'm not seeing that happening anytime soon. Though I think that would be cool. Next year's end perhaps?
However, I'm sure there's a bunch of people who won't be happy if the whole Grapenut vs Grapewell angst-dilemma is brought back as the main plot again. Unfortunately not everyone enjoys the drama as I do.
Besides, why would she need to move to Max's house? He lives in the house next door. It's not like that would be a huge difference, unless Jeff decides to move to another neighborhood and thus Peanut won't be able to see her again.
ImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Happy Birthday Housepets! :D
Gren wrote:Unfortunately not everyone enjoys the drama as I do.
I enjoy the drama.Image
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

To be Continued...

But first, this Message from Our Sponsor!

Friends, isn't it time you tried the new Limburger, Parsnip and Sauerkraut Pizza from Grease-O's?
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

So if Joel is taking Fox to heaven...why do I get the feeling Fox is gonna do something to save Bailey and return Joel to King?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

SeanWolf wrote:So if Joel is taking Fox to heaven...why do I get the feeling Fox is gonna do something to save Bailey and return Joel to King?
Just one more character fighting Joel's battles. :P
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Discostew wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:So if Joel is taking Fox to heaven...why do I get the feeling Fox is gonna do something to save Bailey and return Joel to King?
That came to mind as well, but it always seemed, in my head, to end with Fox sacrificing himself to save both Bailey and King
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Frank

Post by Frank »

Personally, I wouldn't be surprized if the story continues tomorrow. Each year becomes a book, after all; the "to be continued" might be for when the dead-tree version comes along

I'm impressed by how quickly Fox and Joel became Peanut-level unphazable

I do have to wonder, though, if the brochure was made specifically for Joel, or if other people "visit" heaven on "vacation"
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Frank wrote:I'm impressed by how quickly Fox and Joel became Peanut-level unphazable
I think Foxs' brain has gone on vacation...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

SeanWolf wrote:
Discostew wrote:
That came to mind as well, but it always seemed, in my head, to end with Fox sacrificing himself to save both Bailey and King
I doubt it. Not that he wouldnt do it, but that Rick would put in a character sacrifice. Doesnt seem to be his bag.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Iceheart wrote:To be continued? We have to wait to see the conclusion?!?!? *flips coffee table*
Patience brother, we are a civil people. We can wait a few more strips... or arcs...

Also, happy birthday Housepets!
Last edited by CHAOKOCartoons on Sat May 31, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
Iceheart wrote:To be continued? We have to wait to see the conclusion?!?!? *flips coffee table*
Patience brother, we are a civil people. We can wait a few more strips... or arcs...

Also, happy birthday Housepets!
Sorry, but that was just WAAAY too short. That just annoys me to see a "to be continued" after just a few pages.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

This sounds interesting, it's like a great chance for Joel, he must take an audience with Pete as adversary... Seems to be a good VIP treatment, but only if all those steps are of an escalator, otherwise it's a big hurt for the legs (and soul). :P Good friend choice to bring with yourself, Joel, but anyway, there was no choice to do. ;) Fox looks unsure, but wants to collaborate, don't worry. :) Looks like Peanut is saying hello to them with the hand.
Great goal for the six years of Housepets! :D
Frank wrote:Personally, I wouldn't be surprized if the story continues tomorrow. Each year becomes a book, after all; the "to be continued" might be for when the dead-tree version comes along
Could be so because of the book publishing, and maybe, it can also imply at least a guest week pause.
Prof

Post by Prof »

Frank wrote: I'm impressed by how quickly Fox and Joel became Peanut-level unphazable
There's only so much excitement you can throw at someone until you get an "meh". I guess that moment came for Fox when the cat.. erm... the human was out of the bag.

Although it could be interesting to watch Fox after he got some time to process everything. :?
Drop in and stroll around: My gallery

Argent

Post by Argent »

I suspect that next week we'll get some one-offs.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Wow already six years :shock:
Happy Birthday :D
But Cerb became really likeable after just these few strips.
I wonder how that will continue :)
WhoElseButQuagmire

Well with everyone wanting Cerb and Fox to get together, might as well get it over with.

Foxerbus or Cerberox ?