2014/07/02 - Locate Planet Bomb

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Darastrixen

Re: 2014/07/02 - Locate Planet Bomb

Post by Darastrixen »

The reason the original panel says "meanwhile" is to indicate that the fourth wall is moving now to view the "Cosmic Nerds" having a discussion. Specifically, we are being told that, at that moment, Great Kitsune is explaining the consequences of allowing the spell to work like that are, and thus why it isn't usable (since the Game is following a set of rules derived from a "common book of fate" in which nothing can be "incribed...out of malice). This is kind of one-off joke for the nerds among us, and to shift the comic's attention from Heaven over to the Game.
AlienBird wrote:The point in having spell modifiers is giving a player a number bonus to add to the spells DC to add to their dice roll to achieve the spells effect, not modifying the spell to do other things.
...alright, time to tip my hand:

Born of Three Thunders? Deafening Spell? Transdimensional spell? Or how about Fell Animate? Each of these adds a non-numeric effect to the spell that the base spell could not have had on it's own. Spell modifiers make spells do things above and beyond their base effect; how they do it is widely varied. Each of the aforementioned spell modifiers is available in 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons, the system where today's joke is drawn from. The exact modifier in question being Explosive Spell, which shunts everyone inside the spell's radius (in the D&D version, the city limits, and in U&U, the planet) and makes them take damage based on how far they were shunted (really, really far...).
Jamonius

Post by Jamonius »

Ah, aheh, nice spell there Dragon! Thank you Kitsune for not letting her use it!
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Pfft....I do that on a daily basis. That was a random shift of scenery from when we last saw Pete. Spira looks really cute. :) ......You know I think I've actually met G.K. somewhere before. :?
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Shadowstar23 wrote: That was a random shift of scenery from when we last saw Pete.
For all we know, we're still in Pete's house (or wherever the room we saw last time was)
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
YourRoyalCorginess

Post by YourRoyalCorginess »

Great Kitsune looks quite handsome in this one.

Why is it I now trust Pete more than Dragon?

Have a feeling this arc will end with the cosmic nerds parents saying "Time to wake up."
VolkOseba

Post by VolkOseba »

Argent

Post by Argent »

Frank wrote:
Shadowstar23 wrote: That was a random shift of scenery from when we last saw Pete.
For all we know, we're still in Pete's house (or wherever the room we saw last time was)
Don't forget, the house is a metaphor.

Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Snout

Post by Snout »

Darastrixen wrote:This is kind of one-off joke for the nerds among us, and to shift the comic's attention from Heaven over to the Game.
flower power, I just lost the game!

(Had to register just to say that. :o )
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

since one of them will become a mortal and might have to wear clothes they may as well start getting used to it. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Ninkurou

Post by Ninkurou »

Dragon sundelly dropped in my eyes... Dropped a lot...
Argent

Post by Argent »

I just realized, since they're playing in an existing universe... this is more like LARPing than D&D.

"Magic Missile! Magic Missile!"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Kyuunado wrote:since one of them will become a mortal and might have to wear clothes they may as well start getting used to it. :lol:
That's only if they end up as a human, which I doubt.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Well I did say might. And some animals wear clothes too. :P
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
venshadowcry

Post by venshadowcry »

I love the G. Kitsune's attire it fits him well and makes him look super cute X3
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Also make me wonder if the space delegates were on Platform One watching this all unfold(only the Doctor would know for sure)...
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Felixthestoat

Post by Felixthestoat »

Gotta love the kitsune's dedication to neutrality. I mean, yin-yang necklace, with the "sun" side facing the male and the "moon" side facing the female, as is appropriate for the meanings of the respective sides. Now I had a feeling it was this way, wikipedia confirmed it, but obviously it's up to interpretation and I would not personally say that negative goes along with female, etc...
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Gavinfoxx wrote:This is tye second time the comic referenced this trick

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/02/ ... mebreaker/
Nice catch there.
D-Rock wrote:
John-056 wrote:When I saw the first panel just after the comic loaded, I thought the exploding earth was a Brethren Moon.

On second glance, I thought some wise guy had been clowning around with a Planetcracker, a Blackhole generator, the Blacklight Virus (I know that's Magma, but it looks like that virus.), a Nuke and tossed in Michael J. Caboose for a good measure.
All of those weapons are bad enough, but I had hoped that even the most insane of people would not bring in Caboose as well!

"All of these weapons are now poised to attack the Earth!"
"Even if we fail, we can rebuild. Humanity is a strong species!
"He brought Caboose."
"...May God help us all."
At that point, anything that could be tried would be like trusting Leonard Church's aim then, to continue the RvB references.
TinFoilHats wrote:Also make me wonder if the space delegates were on Platform One watching this all unfold(only the Doctor would know for sure)...
I doubt the Doctor would be allowed to be involved, he definitely breaks the rule of "No weird time stuff".