2014/07/04 - Bubble Bubble

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
valerio

Re: 2014/07/04 - Bubble Bubble

Post by valerio »

deepskycyan wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:And what Cerberus said earlier was true, they aren't wasting earth time because time doesn't pass concurrently between heaven and earth.
That's good. I was getting scared that they would miss Christmas.

Also, with the arising discussion of Fox keeping his new girlfriend(s) past this arc; I for one not not agree with this notion. It all just seems too random, too sudden. I would rather Fox be paired up with someone with a richer backstory (a character we're already familiar with?), or stay single, because the introduction of this these new characters feels too much like a "deus ex machina" (forgive me if I'm misusing this term) just so Rick could satisfy the shippers. I really hope there's a bigger purpose for the two unnamed denizens of heaven other than eye candy, because if they happen to not push the plot forward, they would just be pointless characters. Just my opinion though, I'm not a shipper of any form myself.
perhaps, instead, this experience will serve Fox to build more self confidence when he'll be back to Earth and make that old dream come true ;)
Deske

Post by Deske »

deepskycyan wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:And what Cerberus said earlier was true, they aren't wasting earth time because time doesn't pass concurrently between heaven and earth.
That's good. I was getting scared that they would miss Christmas.

Also, with the arising discussion of Fox keeping his new girlfriend(s) past this arc; I for one not not agree with this notion. It all just seems too random, too sudden. I would rather Fox be paired up with someone with a richer backstory (a character we're already familiar with?), or stay single, because the introduction of this these new characters feels too much like a "deus ex machina" (forgive me if I'm misusing this term) just so Rick could satisfy the shippers. I really hope there's a bigger purpose for the two unnamed denizens of heaven other than eye candy, because if they happen to not push the plot forward, they would just be pointless characters. Just my opinion though, I'm not a shipper of any form myself.
I think they're just there to fill up the scene, I mean King and Fox are guys, Heavens a perfect place, could just be having fun for the time being. *shrug*
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

it gets worse when you realize that six months is like two years in pet-time
furret wrote:words
or maybe not
Last edited by Sinder on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

However, given time is subjective, for all we know they will return after experiencing decades of time in Heaven, and it'll literally be the next morning in the real world.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Kitch wrote:However, given time is subjective, for all we know they will return after experiencing decades of time in Heaven, and it'll literally be the next morning in the real world.
That'd be trippy. I wonder how they'd explain it to everyone or if they would even try at all.
FindingCaliga

Post by FindingCaliga »

Boy, Fox is looking buff, even moreso than usual!
I love Grape >w<
furlong90

Post by furlong90 »

Fox is looking pretty hot in this setup.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Ugh! This arc officially makes no sense! How does time flow differently in Heaven than the real world? Is it like the Digital World from Digimon? If Fox and King have been gone six months, does everyone think they're dead? Why does Fox's Girlfriend look like him? Why is cheese yellow? What is my life? What is anything?
Feel my icy wrath!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Gamewolf67 wrote:Ugh! This arc officially makes no sense! How does time flow differently in Heaven than the real world? Is it like the Digital World from Digimon? If Fox and King have been gone six months, does everyone think they're dead? Why does Fox's Girlfriend look like him? Why is cheese yellow? What is my life? What is anything?
1 Heaven is like the Real World, one strip is one day, 7 Days/3 Strips = A week. Meanwhile Babylon Gardens works on ComicBookTime, Any number of strips can = a day.
2 I have no idea what that is.
3 Nah, they just left like 20 minutes ago CBT.
4 It's a dog thing
5 Chemicals from the fine people of the Kraft Test Kitchens
6 Everything that happens before you meet a giant but friendly three headed doggod.
7 One word. Plastics.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Gamewolf67 wrote:Ugh! This arc officially makes no sense! How does time flow differently in Heaven than the real world? Is it like the Digital World from Digimon? If Fox and King have been gone six months, does everyone think they're dead? Why does Fox's Girlfriend look like him? Why is cheese yellow? What is my life? What is anything?
Settle down there chief, it's not as big of a deal as your making it.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Time is not relevant to the story. King just doesn't grasp the concept that the time spent there is different.

Didn't Pete spend 10,000 years in jail for punishment and it was only a few seconds in heaven and no time changed in the world?
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Deske

Post by Deske »

Crimson wrote:
Time is not relevant to the story. King just doesn't grasp the concept that the time spent there is different.

Didn't Pete spend 10,000 years in jail for punishment and it was only a few seconds in heaven and no time changed in the world?
Yep. His mortal mind cannot fathom the fact that there is little time wasted in heaven. And yes, Pete did spend 10,000 years in solitary confinement. It was a poof then another poof and he was back. It's why he liked subjective time.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Deske wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Yep. His mortal mind cannot fathom the fact that there is little time wasted in heaven. And yes, Pete did spend 10,000 years in solitary confinement. It was a poof then another poof and he was back. It's why he liked subjective time.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (14.23 KiB) Viewed 4647 times
Feel my icy wrath!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Not that anyone will see this, but I picture Monday's comic like this:

Panel 1...*King rushing out of the doorway to the spa, with Fox shouting, "King, wait up!" behind him off panel.

Panel 2...(and possibly 3)...King rushing past several "denizens of Heaven" (including Angel?) with an "oof" or a "hey, watch it!" or a "what's your rush" coming from several.

Panel 3...King reaching the door of the Heavenly Courtroom...

*Banging on door*

King: Let me in! I need to talk to you! Let me in for the love of...

*Pete walks out, grinning.*

King: (arms folded and eyes shut) I'm not sayin' it.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
House42

Post by House42 »

If King's sucking down Darjeeling, then where the fudgesicle is Marie Antoinette and her little sister? :?: