2014/07/04 - Bubble Bubble

Post by Obbl »

[ Bubble Bubble ]

Title Text: careful with that fizzy lifting drink king

King is apparently not a very good watchdog :P
Gbr23

Re: 2014/07/04 - Bubble Bubble

Post by Gbr23 »

King, time is a very subjective thing ... wait, its not.

Or is it ?

No.

Or is it ?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

I am really starting to like buff Fox.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

In the last panel King is so shocked he pops out of the hot tub thing.
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

...how did King not notice 6 months go by...?

If anyone has read the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, Heaven seems just like the Lotus Hotel. Think about it.
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

It did seem like Fox was more distracted from the task at hand than King. Then again King is thinking like a human about his wife. Honestly i know their up in heaven and all but its really high time they got down to business.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

"A day is like a thousand years and a thousand years a day."

So best case scenario, it's been about 12 thousandths of an Earth second.

Worst case? Uh...

On the side note, it's really weird seeing Fox with a lady on his arm.
Just an Arc
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I don't know how I feel about this one, I get that distracting him is the whole point so he doesn't interfere in the game (or at least that is what I'm getting here), because having them sit there for six months without dealing with why they brought them there is really really stupid otherwise. Also Foxs complete lack of urgency in this or even remotely caring that he has been there for six months is a bit disturbing regardless of where he is.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

KING! I told you NOT to accept the Lotus!
Six months??? Wonder how their owners are holding up... :?
ImageImageImageImage
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

I have to say that I like this version of Fox a lot. He would be great as a K-9. Also, when they come back to Earth they'll probably go back in time to like 4 seconds after they left. PROBLEM SOLVED!
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Korakc wrote:...how did King not notice 6 months go by...?
I didn't mention it in the comic because it would have taken up quite a bit of text to explain it fully and it's not super necessary to understand, but it's like this: in heaven, since there is no pain, you have no need to fulfill any bodily function, you do things effortlessly, and there's no fixed biological or diurnal cycles, you can very easily lose your sense of time. (Fox and King still have mortal bodies, so it affects them a bit different than it does the denizens, but it still applies)

And what Cerberus said earlier was true, they aren't wasting earth time because time doesn't pass concurrently between heaven and earth.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

If anyone has read the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, Heaven seems just like the Lotus Hotel. Think about it.
Or also in The Odyssey in the island of Circe
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Miles the Wolf wrote:I have to say that I like this version of Fox a lot. He would be great as a K-9. Also, when they come back to Earth they'll probably go back in time to like 4 seconds after they left. PROBLEM SOLVED!
If they did that then the game would still be going on for them, so it would kind of defeat what Im guessing is a major point of the arc. Which is to get the fighting part of the game over with without showing us much of it.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

IceKitsune wrote:I don't know how I feel about this one, I get that distracting him is the whole point so he doesn't interfere in the game (or at least that is what I'm getting here), because having them sit there for six months without dealing with why they brought them there is really really stupid otherwise. Also Foxs complete lack of urgency in this or even remotely caring that he has been there for six months is a bit disturbing regardless of where he is.
Im with you. Playtime is over frankly. Though if its 6 months already then if what Pete said was true then theres only one month left till the duels over. Pete did say he bring Bailey back in 7 months "on the inside" so if time in Heaven is the same as the time at the duel ground then not all hope is lost. I will say when Bailey finds out what these two have been doin the whole time King is gonna have one heck of a honey-do-list.
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

IceKitsune wrote:
Miles the Wolf wrote:I have to say that I like this version of Fox a lot. He would be great as a K-9. Also, when they come back to Earth they'll probably go back in time to like 4 seconds after they left. PROBLEM SOLVED!
If they did that then the game would still be going on for them, so it would kind of defeat what Im guessing is a major point of the arc. Which is to get the fighting part of the game over with without showing us much of it.
Ya, good point.
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

I like how everyone keeps talking past me. Is this what happens when I'm away for two months
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Darastrixen

Post by Darastrixen »

What Rick said. Order of the Stick did a similar thing with their heaven, but the Lotus Hotel is similar enough that the comparison is valid. It's the ultimate "Time flies when you're having fun."

As for why they haven't dealt with his Fate yet, well, the celestial beings experience time subjectively, so they can wait literally all eternity with no downside. They brought King up there for his wellbeing, and he seemed to be relatively happy.

Edit:
rickgriffin wrote:I like how everyone keeps talking past me. Is this what happens when I'm away for two months
Don't worry, it happens a lot on these forums in my experience. I'm sure people catch up eventually =)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

rickgriffin wrote:I like how everyone keeps talking past me. Is this what happens when I'm away for two months
Welcome back, Mr. Griffin. We missed you.

Fox has lost all care
as his green girlfriend
gets him right 'just there'
in the gods own spa.
King cannot unwind
even in a bath.
Whilst he lies reclined
Bailey's still in play.
He now bounces out
to demand his say.
Leaving his friend to pout
and follow anyway.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Sorry Rick. I didnt see you had posted when i posted mine.
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

rickgriffin wrote:
I didn't mention it in the comic because it would have taken up quite a bit of text to explain it fully and it's not super necessary to understand, but it's like this: in heaven, since there is no pain, you have no need to fulfill any bodily function, you do things effortlessly, and there's no fixed biological or diurnal cycles, you can very easily lose your sense of time. (Fox and King still have mortal bodies, so it affects them a bit different than it does the denizens, but it still applies)

And what Cerberus said earlier was true, they aren't wasting earth time because time doesn't pass concurrently between heaven and earth.
To put the latter part another way, heaven does not have the "No weird time stuff" rule.
CityRedFox

Post by CityRedFox »

I think they will just "wake up" in the end, like the other times.

But I can't help wondering who invited King to the Haven in the first place?
"The one" seems a little tricky to me. Guess we will have to wait until it's revealed in the future.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

CityRedFox wrote:I think they will just "wake up" in the end, like the other times.

But I can't help wondering who invited King to the Haven in the first place?
"The one" seems a little tricky to me. Guess we will have to wait until it's revealed in the future.
Perhaps maybe it was the judge at Pete's trial or somethin along that line. Perhaps they suspected Pete of being underhanded so they brought King there for somethin or whatever?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

And what has worrying done for you, King? I get the urgency, but Cerberus did say time doesn't move the same.
ArcWolf wrote:"A day is like a thousand years and a thousand years a day."

So best case scenario, it's been about 12 thousandths of an Earth second.

Worst case? Uh...

Let's just think best case, it'll be good for everyone's mind, including King's.
Well, a lot of us feel uncomfortable directly asking the author about what's happening. As a whole, we just love to speculate (for better or worse).
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

D-Rock wrote:
Well, a lot of us feel uncomfortable directly asking the author about what's happening. As a whole, we just love to speculate (for better or worse).
Not to mention that, sometimes, people post before reading all prior posts and realising someone said exactly the same thing half an hour ago.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

rickgriffin wrote:

:shock: ...............woooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

That's some wicked mental stuff yo! I hadn't even thought about the subjective time thing like that...
ImageImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

So when Pete said he'd bring her back in X amount of time, since heaven denizens relate to time in subjective, it may mean that this thing will be over quite sooner than expected. And for all we know, Pete himself may have vouched for that 'full package experience' to atone for the amount of stress he's putting on King -or just to save his lion butt. And, much to the delight of his twisted sense of irony, King is punishing himself over nothing.
I'd too think that Fox is acting in a...strange way, but heck, that runs in the family: Bailey just learnt a weird truth about her husband but that didn't prevent her to get herself on the line to save their marriage. i think that fox really believes that things will get better in the end if heaven is involved
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Oh sheesh... Griffin, what happened? This seems so innapropriate... This is Heaven for heaven's sake(bad pun)
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

valerio wrote:So when Pete said he'd bring her back in X amount of time, since heaven denizens relate to time in subjective, it may mean that this thing will be over quite sooner than expected. And for all we know, Pete himself may have vouched for that 'full package experience' to atone for the amount of stress he's putting on King -or just to save his lion butt. And, much to the delight of his twisted sense of irony, King is punishing himself over nothing.
I'd too think that Fox is acting in a...strange way, but heck, that runs in the family: Bailey just learnt a weird truth about her husband but that didn't prevent her to get herself on the line to save their marriage. i think that fox really believes that things will get better in the end if heaven is involved
Fox, i guess, and this is a stretch, is thinking like a dog me thinks. Consider this, when King found out the wolves were all knocked out with tranq darts at the zoo he was totally mortified, yet Miles took it as no big thing, a learning experience perhaps. King also got the same reaction from Bailey when she ended up being cast aside from her adopted family, and in fact getting her upset with him for his way of thinking. Even Sasha shrugged off the corgi's concern for her abusive life at home, coming up with suck perks as a pile of laundry and stuff. Thats one of the more overlooked but still unique aspects of King. Even as a dog he still possessed a human's bleeding heart for animals. His concern for Bailey's well being is logical in that yes hes married to her but that its his human way of thinking that separates him from Fox, who like the others is a bit more positive i suppose about situations. *shrug.
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Not to mention that, sometimes, people post before reading all prior posts and realising someone said exactly the same thing half an hour ago.
I've been noticing that on the Hp forums more than usual recently, though that may just be me.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

See I still find the way Fox is acting to be rather disturbing. I understand that animals (especially Dogs) don't stress out about things, and don't think of the future at all; which is why I think humans are dominant as I mentioned a long time back. However there is a difference between being stressed out about something (like King is) and Fox who apparently doesn't want to do anything about it at all. That is what bothers me, with them being there about six months (and him knowing it) it seems like Fox is bordering on not caring at all.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

It's all in the perspective, which is why King is such a fantastic catalyst.

Think of it this way. You tie your dog to a fence to go into the store, but you didn't tie it good enough and your dog wanders off. Now, we can all say that the human is devastated and panicked, but there's two ways to look at this through the dog's eyes.

Since we really don't know much about what makes it tick, we can assume the dog thinks it's just another part of the walk, or it could have just wanted to elope.
Additionally, the dog could be concerned after they've left about how to get back to free meals and love, but if it had prioritized that it'd be running back to the human's front door, or better yet it wouldn't have left at all. It's complicated, but seemingly simple at the same time.

Apply this random logic to the pets of babylon gardens and things become a bit clearer. They have much larger brains and they can talk/walk upright, but they're still pets at the end of the day. They don't really ask for special rights, and they feel right at home when... Erm, home. Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back again.

Specifically for Fox, he's a dog. Dogs bounce back.

... Heck, I don't even believe Bailey is mad at him. A bit miffed, but mostly fine. She did this for him after all, I don't think she was expecting a heroic movie-style defy the rules rescue. She was probably initially depressed about it (obviously) but she seems alright with her current situation... Or rather, her situation *insert number of months here* ago. This arc up to this point has as much weight as King's dramatic stress... Like spending your vacation week on a cruise realizing and moaping over the fact it's still your money's schedule and not yours.

Speaking of which, it's not like King completely prefers his dog body though, it comes with a different mindset and lifestyle altogether. We see here he's not at that point yet, but just for the moment he was in heaven... He was pseudo-coorgi. I understand what he's going through, not the heaven or cosmic D&D/saving your wife part, but the overall feeling you lack substinance in your day to day life.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Wolfbane wrote:It's all in the perspective, which is why King is such a fantastic catalyst.

Think of it this way. You tie your dog to a fence to go into the store, but you didn't tie it good enough and your dog wanders off. Now, we can all say that the human is devastated and panicked, but there's two ways to look at this through the dog's eyes.

Since we really don't know much about what makes it tick, we can assume the dog thinks it's just another part of the walk, or it could have just wanted to elope.
Additionally, the dog could be concerned after they've left about how to get back to free meals and love, but if it had prioritized that it'd be running back to the human's front door, or better yet it wouldn't have left at all. It's complicated, but seemingly simple at the same time.

Apply this random logic to the pets of babylon gardens and things become a bit clearer. They have much larger brains and they can talk/walk upright, but they're still pets at the end of the day. They don't really ask for special rights, and they feel right at home when... Erm, home. Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back again.

... Heck, I don't even believe Bailey is mad at him. A bit miffed, but mostly fine. She did this for him after all, I don't think she was expecting a heroic movie-style defy the rules rescue. She was probably initially depressed about it (obviously) but she seems alright with her current situation... Or rather, her situation *insert number of months here* ago. This arc up to this point has as much weight as King's dramatic stress... Like spending your vacation week on a cruise realizing and moaping over the fact it's still your money's schedule and not yours.

Speaking of which, it's not like King completely prefers his dog body though, it comes with a different mindset and lifestyle altogether. We see here he's not at that point yet, but just for the moment he was in heaven... He was pseudo-coorgi. I understand what he's going through, not the heaven or cosmic D&D/saving your wife part, but the overall feeling you lack substinance in your day to day life.

You do have a good point there. Thank you.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Wolfbane wrote:It's all in the perspective, which is why King is such a fantastic catalyst.

Dogs usually wander off because they either hear something, smell something, or see something they want to investigate. They usually don't return back home most likely because they get lost. There are many stories of pets ending up back at home after wandering off after a while. Or waiting for dead/missing owners for years ect.

I really think the way that Rick depicts dogs "bouncing back", while it does happen, is rather overly simplified and leads the stories to situations like this. Where rather then seemingly not being stressed or going with the flow, they basically come across as not caring about their situation at all and not wanting to do anything whatsoever to change it. I totally get why he wanted it to be that way, its a comedy story for the most part and he didn't want to get to complicated.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Of course at the same time, part of Fox's attitude stems from the fact that he can't actually effect change at this point in time. As he says, he's worried about Bailey too, but there's very little to do in Heaven other than enjoy the time spent there. King, on the other hand, has been doing nothing but actively worry over the lack of action being taken, yet still nothing has happened. The comparison between Fox's more normal level of worry and King's slightly overactive worry is a bit unfair to Fox, in my opinion.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

rickgriffin wrote:

Heh, I was gonna say. Imagine the goings-on if 6 earth months had come and gone, like, Fido seeing Fox with a strange man before he goes missing. The dog-napper is at it again!
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Can't wait to see what happens next!
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

I had been a bit concerned that Fox and King were messing about a bit too much in heaven when the whole reason they came was for Bailey and to have an audience with the denizens of heaven, so it's funny to see King realize they've been in heaven for six months. :lol:

On the plus side, it shouldn't be too long before Pete has to return Bailey anyway, given that he said she'd be away for at least seven months.

Finally, we seriously need to know what will become of Fox's buffness and his two ladyfriends! :lol:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

High five to the people who know The Lotus Hotel stole my line... :p

And I approve of green husky girl ^_^
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

I don't know if Fox simply moved between panels (making it something of an optical illusion) or what, but...King suddenly looks MUCH taller in that last panel. xD
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

Roarin wrote:High five to the people who know The Lotus Hotel stole my line... :p

And I approve of green husky girl ^_^
High Five to those who actually saw Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (or read the book)! :D