2014/07/09 - So It's More of a Ceasefire

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Miles the Wolf

Re: 2014/07/09 - So It's More of a Ceasefire

Post by Miles the Wolf »

I say lets stat a protest: #Letsgetthisoverwith
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Keene should be their relief
If he ends up being the relief, I have a hunch it won't just be him. Go Go Milton Ferrets.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

TheOne wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:And with one panel, half the readership say, "Jata? You can have her!"
That would be the half who don't see the difference in fighting for your own, selfish, reasons and fighting for your best friend?
What gets me is that all the players want the same end goal to happen; just through different means. Dragon wants equality through love. (Remember her "love is the eternal answer" poster?)
Pete wants equality through forcefulness. "...too coddling on you mortals."
Sabrina wants equality so she can love Fido openly, without either of them feeling embarrassment or shame.
Tarot wants equality... for reasons.
Bailey wants equality... oddly enough... for the same type of reasons as Sabrina. She wants to be able to love JoeKing (and have him love her back) without embarrassment or shame.

Does it seem odd to anyone else that Dragon's method for equality kindof matches Bailey's and King's?
The whole equality "goal" is nothing more then a side thing that ONLY Pete is doing. Dragon cares about it in a way but if she wins shes not going to do anything to actively affect it. This Duel is only for control of another game of U&U that we know nothing about nor will we. I have a feeling that people on here still think that this duel between Dragon and Pete is either about the Equality thing in the Housepets World, or some super important universe changing thing. No its not, all this is about is two nerds having a fist fight over who gets to make the plans in a game of what is basically D&D nothing more then that.
Turkledurk

Post by Turkledurk »

toataly an gon tu slp tnight, no bad drums. (that was sarcasm)
Attachments
tumblr_m9qhttdTHd1qhqybro4_r1_12802.png
tumblr_m9qhttdTHd1qhqybro4_r1_12802.png (69.5 KiB) Viewed 8462 times
Cincinnati Tradition Contrabass 2014
"Hey guys look at the" *(insert what everyone is already looking at here)*!!!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

valerio wrote:All I know is that I hope Jata makes a comeback, kidnaps Sabrina for some time and make HER experience the sensation of being separated from the one you love. Witch!
Also, powerup through dragon magic is part of the contract. Sabrina has not lost her free will in this, just like Tarot didn't during her transformation in Werot
For all we know, this is how Tarot and Sabrina are KEEPING THE FIGHT GOING until King - with or without Fox - can get there. Tarot's not even been really trying (see the texting (to Peanut?)) and this is how they avoid killing Bailey or losing the fight. I also get the impression that Dragon's not really watching right now (arguments with Kitsune)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Miles the Wolf wrote:I say lets stat a protest: #Letsgetthisoverwith
I say lets curb the protesting and see how it pans out.
valerio

Post by valerio »

GameCobra wrote:
If he ends up being the relief, I have a hunch it won't just be him. Go Go Milton Ferrets.
I hope it's the wolves
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

IceKitsune wrote:Wait, so why didn't he just bring King along anyway? If it was because the spell would expire then he could have extended it, its his spell after all. King would have clearly agreed to help out since, you know its his wife in trouble. I don't see why he couldn't have agreed after the fight started what difference would it make at that point, heck Pete could have explained before the match started and Bailey signed the contract, or while she was signing it or when she was transforming, or when they were saying good bye to each other. I think its pretty clear Pete is terrible at this game and planing in general.
Alternatively, what if he has a plan for all of this beyond what we, as the readers, can see, as he has before?
Crimson wrote:
I apparently need to reread the comic. I kind of forgot who Keene was...
Keene is one of the Milton multi-billion dollar heir ferrets, and has been investigating the game via Pete's temple in his backyard. He seeks to use what he finds and has found to further his adoptive father's goal of species equalization.
Iceheart wrote:There's something that has been bugging me: What is Tarot's avatar class?
Tarot's class has been confirmed as sovereign spiritist.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:Hehe i have definitely considered a car for Miles. Ill see what i can do.
A muscle-car?
If someone in Hp is getting a muscle car, it should be Kevin. Along the same lines, Sasha should get that car shaped like a ketchup bottle.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Hedronal wrote: If someone in Hp is getting a muscle car, it should be Kevin. Along the same lines, Sasha should get that car shaped like a ketchup bottle.
Oh ill make one for him too. Trust me this comic is inspiring me to keep making these cars.
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Ouch! So much for Sab's claim to be a friend to all living things.
Well, one could argue that Sabrina's sudden aggressive attitude is thanks to Dragon's influence (her eyes have changed from yellow to green).
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

Hmmm lets see who we could have as a relief:
-King
-Fox
-The Ferrets
-The Wolves
-The K-9 Unit (probably not)
-Grape with a broom
-Possibly Bino
-Cerberus (that would be EPIC)
Anyone else?
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
Turkledurk

Post by Turkledurk »

Miles the Wolf wrote:Hmmm lets see who we could have as a relief:
-King
-Fox
-The Ferrets
-The Wolves
-Grape with a broom
-Possibly Bino
Anyone else?
The Kangaroos as monks?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Don't anticipate Bailey being relieved anytime soon. Tarot's been training Sabrina to be her successor for a very long time. Pete's only got one avatar, so he's got to make the most of her.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

So that's why she came along, I guess It's how the followers and give support.
GameCobra wrote:And Sabrina reveals her true colors.
Actually I think that's Dragon controlling her… Wait, I thought Dragon and Tarot weren't suppose to get involved in the fight. What's going on here?
valerio wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Ouch! So much for Sab's claim to be a friend to all living things.
little hypocrite, lying...witch
Technically she didn't kill her in that one kick, and also she's doing it to help a friend. Anyone would have to go against their principles and morals at least once in a situation like that, especially if the situation is this.
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Acritic2 wrote:So that's why she came along, I guess It's how the followers and give support.
GameCobra wrote:And Sabrina reveals her true colors.
Actually I think that's Dragon controlling her… Wait, I thought Dragon and Tarot weren't suppose to get involved in the fight. What's going on here?
Tarot can't be in Pete's temple, but the fight is a duel specifically declared between Pete and Dragon, via avatars. As Tarot is Dragon's avatar, they aren't just allowed to be involved, they're required to be so for the game to continue.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

GameCobra wrote:
Darn it, man, now I'm trying to think up lyrics to the Power Rangers theme.
TheOne wrote: What gets me is that all the players want the same end goal to happen; just through different means. Dragon wants equality through love. (Remember her "love is the eternal answer" poster?)
Sabrina wants equality so she can love Fido openly, without either of them feeling embarrassment or shame.
Bailey wants equality... oddly enough... for the same type of reasons as Sabrina. She wants to be able to love JoeKing (and have him love her back) without embarrassment or shame.

Does it seem odd to anyone else that Dragon's method for equality kindof matches Bailey's and King's?
The way I think it, Dragon's way is rather slow, and maybe even unrealistic, but it's a good way to go. Pete's method just wouldn't work. Equality isn't something you can force. And then there's this little factoid:
IceKitsune wrote:
The whole equality "goal" is nothing more then a side thing that ONLY Pete is doing. Dragon cares about it in a way but if she wins shes not going to do anything to actively affect it. This Duel is only for control of another game of U&U that we know nothing about nor will we. I have a feeling that people on here still think that this duel between Dragon and Pete is either about the Equality thing in the Housepets World, or some super important universe changing thing. No its not, all this is about is two nerds having a fist fight over who gets to make the plans in a game of what is basically D&D nothing more then that.
Of course, we've always been really into the story.
Last edited by D-Rock on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I can hardly believe that Sabrina would ALLOW a total mind control from Dragon's side. Not to mention, again, that so far Tarot wasn't 100% controlled. Dragon magic intervenes for power up.
Is there any sense in a 'relief' in a battle supposed to be fought between avatars? Considering that the game is 'hic sunt leones' territory for all we know, yes, reliefs are allowed and either Pete is an idiot for not thinking of THAT or he's got something up his sleeve in terms of power-up for Bailey.
Or King could still intervene AND KICK SOME TAIL!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Miles the Wolf wrote:Hmmm lets see who we could have as a relief:
-King
-Fox
-The Ferrets
-The Wolves
-Grape with a broom
-Possibly Bino
Anyone else?
Grape with a broom!! "Max says Hi!!"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Azal

Post by Azal »

I notice people commenting about King being there for backup and such for Bailey. While Pete has attempted every work around and trick, he's been stuck on the freely choosing rule. King has had no desire to work with him, even resisting when Bailey learned of his being a human, he kept backing away from actually signing on to be the avatar. She took it on. And with the reaction "Dragon noticed." it seems time was a factor.

Not saying Pete is a shining archon of good or anything, but just seems to be how the rules are laid out at the moment.
valerio

Post by valerio »

King is a third party or even an enemy player. So far, Sabrina's 'plan' is not help King relax while Bailey is suffering, rather a way for Dragon to have King away without Dragon trying to intervene directly in this as per rules.
I just HOPE that the powers-to-be give King the green light AND the power to go help Bailey and KICK TAIL!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

D-Rock wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote: What gets me is that all the players want the same end goal to happen; just through different means. Dragon wants equality through love. (Remember her "love is the eternal answer" poster?)

The way I think it, Dragon's way is rather slow, and maybe even unrealistic, but it's a good way to go. Pete's method just wouldn't work. Equality isn't something you can force. And then there's this little factoid:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Of course, we've always been really into the story.
Please be careful with the quotes, I said neither of the above.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I did not see that coming... But then again neither did Bailey.
Wait- it took Sabrina six months to get there?
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

whoa--WHOA! Chill out for a sec Sabrina! Crimety!
Kyuunado wrote:Wait- it took Sabrina six months to get there?
No, she was just waiting for six months... I think :?
valerio wrote:All I know is that I hope Jata makes a comeback, kidnaps Sabrina for some time and make HER experience the sensation of being separated from the one you love. Witch!
valerio wrote:little hypocrite, lying...witch
Valerio, please! There are children here! :P
ImageImageImageImage
SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

You know, of all the things I expected to see in this comic, a Dive Kick was certainly not one. Thank you Mr. Griffin!
Being good pays off. There's a nice view up here on moral high-ground.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Xane wrote:Keene got out of fighting because he'd just sue Pete in Celestial Court if he tried anything.

Zach was there but fainted and had to be sent off for 2,000 years of subjective therapy to help him forget it.

You know if Pete had just actually been reasonable to King and Bailey he could have gotten both of them...

(does Sabrina have a stamina penalty due to her age? *hides*)

We have yet to see the results of Kevin's training.

valerio wrote:I can hardly believe that Sabrina would ALLOW a total mind control from Dragon's side. Not to mention, again, that so far Tarot wasn't 100% controlled. Dragon magic intervenes for power up.
Is there any sense in a 'relief' in a battle supposed to be fought between avatars? Considering that the game is 'hic sunt leones' territory for all we know, yes, reliefs are allowed and either Pete is an idiot for not thinking of THAT or he's got something up his sleeve in terms of power-up for Bailey.
Or King could still intervene AND KICK SOME TAIL!
And Sabrina too! But you'd have to beat her to unlock her as a playable character.
Feel my icy wrath!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Why does it seem people are dissing Sabrina(and occasionally Tarot)? is more attagonistic then them.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Really Sabrina? A sucker punch?

...Err, kick?

But... REALLY?
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

diss & shun wrote:Don't anticipate Bailey being relieved anytime soon. Tarot's been training Sabrina to be her successor for a very long time. Pete's only got one avatar, so he's got to make the most of her.
Though Pete once did want grape as an avatar. Perhaps Grape will be involved? Then again that could lead to the whole cast fighting in this or a new arc where Peanut needs to choose between Grape an Tarot..or I am really just rambling.
Point is Grape could be, I just need to find that comic where we see the character sheet and grapes name is crossed out.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ryusuta wrote:Really Sabrina? A sucker punch?

...Err, kick?

But... REALLY?
Tss, you think you know someone...
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Alternate Alt Text : Wait...SNACKS?!? We were supposed to bring our own snacks?!? Awwwwww!
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

This is why we wear helmets, Bailey!
Just an Arc
Turkledurk

Post by Turkledurk »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Alternate Alt Text : Wait...SNACKS?!? We were supposed to bring our own snacks?!? Awwwwww!
you said snacks. and this popped into mind...
Attachments
oh.jpg
oh.jpg (32.25 KiB) Viewed 8390 times
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

valerio wrote:
Ryusuta wrote:Really Sabrina? A sucker punch?

...Err, kick?

But... REALLY?
Tss, you think you know someone...

And then they kick one of your favorite characters in the face.
Feel my icy wrath!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Aw come on that's just not fair.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Argent

Post by Argent »

IceKitsune wrote:Wait, so why didn't he just bring King along anyway? If it was because the spell would expire then he could have extended it, its his spell after all. King would have clearly agreed to help out since, you know its his wife in trouble. I don't see why he couldn't have agreed after the fight started what difference would it make at that point, heck Pete could have explained before the match started and Bailey signed the contract, or while she was signing it or when she was transforming, or when they were saying good bye to each other. I think its pretty clear Pete is terrible at this game and planing in general.
I think Pete's just not very good at this game.

Remember, they're playing the version Dragon demanded. He just missed the bit about the relief. And he's clearly more interested in pranking the NPCs than winning.
GameCobra wrote:
valerio wrote:I just HOPE that the powers-to-be give King the green light AND the power to go help Bailey and KICK TAIL!
This needs to happen!
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

valerio wrote:King is a third party or even an enemy player. So far, Sabrina's 'plan' is not help King relax while Bailey is suffering, rather a way for Dragon to have King away without Dragon trying to intervene directly in this as per rules.
I just HOPE that the powers-to-be give King the green light AND the power to go help Bailey and KICK TAIL!
Eh, why i it that people want Bailey to win this? I mean, that's the same as cheering for Pete. I mean sure Bailey isn't an atagonist, but at this point she is cause she's working for Pete.
Argent

Post by Argent »

It's probably because Tarot's a bit of a jerk.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Argent wrote:It's probably because Tarot's a bit of a jerk.
Plus, she works for a cosmic stalker. Creepy.
Also, if Bailey wins she can save her marriage with King, so YES I must indirectly root for the top jerk in that game, but not because of his hunk factor
Argent

Post by Argent »

The ideal solution would be for King to make some kind of deal with the court that ends up with both Dragon and Pete losing.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

SuperStar wrote:
valerio wrote:King is a third party or even an enemy player. So far, Sabrina's 'plan' is not help King relax while Bailey is suffering, rather a way for Dragon to have King away without Dragon trying to intervene directly in this as per rules.
Eh, why i it that people want Bailey to win this? I mean, that's the same as cheering for Pete. I mean sure Bailey isn't an atagonist, but at this point she is cause she's working for Pete.
I don't think people got a clear grasp of how freaking evil Tarot, Dragon, and Sabrina are in this comic. I sure haven't realized it until about now. Looking back... yeah, they're massive jerks, too. Not forgiving anything Pete's done, but... yeah, it's kind of surprising how nasty Team Dragon have been...

King and Bailey really seem to be the only ones that have ANY form of scruples here... I suppose that's by design, but... GEEZ. A SUCKER PUNCH!? Okay, I know I'm dwelling, but really what WAS that!?