2014/07/16 - It Makes The World Go Round

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Shadowstar23

Re: 2014/07/16 - It Makes The World Go Round

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Middle panel is epicly cool. Especially Sabrina, without whom Fido would have no have against mystic beings in battle. :)
..............Although, I can't believe this fight has been going on for 6+ months. :|
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Shadowstar23 wrote:Middle panel is epicly cool. Especially Sabrina, without whom Fido would have no have against mystic beings in battle. :)
..............Although, I can't believe this fight has been going on for 6+ months. :|
And Pete said hed bring Bailey back in 7 months so a month to go.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Miles the Wolf wrote:I have a feeling that Rick is gonna look at all of our predictions for the end of this arc, turn it around, and make a HUGE twist at the end. ;)
Everyone dies.

The End :P
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Peanut saves Bailey and Tarot by singing Somebody to Love in Akkadian. The song turns gods into pudding (especially dragons).
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

If the story is going the "King becomes a relief avatar" route, I can imagine the reveal to be intentionally vague visage! >:3
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

valerio wrote:...and still Bailey's eyes are not yellow. She's fighting without control, without further power up. She's some STRONG warrior! <3
And according to this strip she's selfless too, Golly King is lucky.
Turkledurk

Post by Turkledurk »

Saturn381 wrote: Everyone dies.

The End :P
Attachments
4529484+_4031b72ff494deaf09d6f06bfba657bd.png
4529484+_4031b72ff494deaf09d6f06bfba657bd.png (5.09 KiB) Viewed 7829 times
Cincinnati Tradition Contrabass 2014
"Hey guys look at the" *(insert what everyone is already looking at here)*!!!
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

ConvoyWolf wrote:And Pete said he'd bring Bailey back in 7 months so a month to go.
"On the inside! It might be a couple of years otherwise" So who knows (besides Rick :lol: ) how much time (if any) has passed for the rest of the cast.

It seems to me like time in Heaven is like time in Narnia. No matter how much time you spend there, little (if any) time passes in the real world.
valerio

Post by valerio »

GameCobra wrote:Only thing that upsets me right about now is that this kind of foreshadowing was always there, but I get a kick out of how Joel literally had to get Heaven itself to stubbornly tell him that nothing is going to change. I kick myself thinking Joel/King is smarter than that out of the rest of the cast, but then again, he is as stubborn as a stubborn grandfather. That's always been our own flaw.

But what I really like about this foreshadowing is what it will lead to. It's clear he wants to stop this, but he wants to take the easy way out and complain to the boss of everything that happened, but if the boss says it has to happen, then it's gotta happen. My prediction is, if the next comic is the last of the two parter, I'm sure the reveal is that he's going to get sent back to assist Bailey, they beat Tarot and Sabrina, and Pete wins. He was counting on King to return. :O ...unless Dragon anticipated that as well. In that case, I really can't predict what will happen after that since it's possible Dragon can win.

Either way, I'm excited. X3
THIS^^
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

King, would be better don't start to think about what happened to Bailey, because it's only demoralizing you more. She did the choice for the sake of your love. Love it's stupid? It's only a weird and mysterious feeling which makes you do the wrongest choices, it indeed makes the universe (would be enough the Earth planet only) more interesting. ;) Yeah, Bahamut is acting unpleasant and not helpful, so, why talk with him about that? You said to hate him, King. :P Must happen something decisive to repair all that's happening, now!
Cool scene in the second panel, but Sabrina it's not being herself... Didn't you say to don't like violence? :roll:
YourRoyalCorginess

Post by YourRoyalCorginess »

I just remember bailey hasn't used her ultimate attack yet, some I just wondering if Pete is just allowing Dragon to think she has the upperhand, just to take Tarot and Sabrina out with one blow.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

YourRoyalCorginess wrote:I just remember bailey hasn't used her ultimate attack yet, some I just wondering if Pete is just allowing Dragon to think she has the upperhand, just to take Tarot and Sabrina out with one blow.
I just hope is doesnt kill them. Id rather all three girls come out of this OK.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

You know I just noticed something. Do the colors seem a little different in panel two?
Turkledurk

Post by Turkledurk »

Saturn381 wrote:You know I just noticed something. Do the colors seem a little different in panel two?
Maybe it has something to do with Sabrina if she's casting some kind of spell? (Maybe the glowy glowy in her hand?)
Cincinnati Tradition Contrabass 2014
"Hey guys look at the" *(insert what everyone is already looking at here)*!!!
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

ConvoyWolf wrote:
Shadowstar23 wrote:Middle panel is epicly cool. Especially Sabrina, without whom Fido would have no have against mystic beings in battle. :)
And Pete said hed bring Bailey back in 7 months so a month to go.
There is what Leomon said, and/or it's been six months CHT. This time stuff gets confusing if you don't pay attention right from the start. :? :arrow: :|
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Goforit
Weather Wizard

Post by Goforit »

Saturn381 wrote:You know I just noticed something. Do the colors seem a little different in panel two?
I think it's meant to emphasize the fact that the strip is still following King and Bahamut, but we get to see the fight that's happening at the same as though it were far away. I think the term is vignette, which means like a small moment or "snapshot" in time. The difference in color is kind of like how when a character has a flashback the colors change to become a bit more dreamy (except in this case the fight is in the present).
Ask me about the weather.

Avatar by the amazing cartoonist Hukley!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Given that Rick said that the resolution to this arc "is quite simple", and the world wasn't actually destroyed, I'd say he will make everything go back in time to before Joel got turned into a dog, only this time, the dog part doesn't happen.
:mrgreen:
D-Rock wrote:
valerio wrote:
Miles the Wolf wrote:I have a feeling that Rick is gonna look at all of our predictions for the end of this arc, turn it around, and make a HUGE twist at the end. ;)
EVERYONE BECOMES HUMAN!
END
Presenting House....People?
Eh, pretty sure someone will make that a thing eventually.
gamepopper wrote:I'd honestly dig an entire arc where all the pets are human and humans are pets, could be where Peanut and Tarot go on their next crazy date? :3
In case someone forgot Two_Twig's astounding work.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

That_Red_Folf wrote:Poor King.
But I have to agree, love can be a stupid emotion. Then again with that look on Bailey's face, I think she might be enjoying this.
:lol: she does look like she's having fun and it can also be a confusing emotion
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

I know ive said it before but i swear seeing Tarot, Bailey and Sabrina fighting eachother is just, unbearablly depressing and terrifying, ESPECIALLY when any outcome is a lose lose situation.

I mean, its not like they hated eachother on earth, then i would see it a bit. But i mean these girls interacted together, theyve been part of Bailey's wedding to King, theyve imaginated together. And to know that only one or only two may possibly have to slay the other(s), just hurts so bad inside, nearly to the point of sick. I know people love a good battle and so on but i guess i speak as a hippie pacifist.

But honestly thats why i love this comic. Ive never had such emotions ripped out of me by a comic before. Its absolutely brilliant. I just hope that everything works out. Till then Well done Rick.
zdflion96

Post by zdflion96 »

And... another fact of life showed by this comic :?

But the truth is... almost everyone realize that :?
villa

Post by villa »

i have a minor non wild guess what if rick looked to see what name we used to identify king/joel most often as a way to decide who he becomes in short a stealth fan decides kind of thing
now back on topic.
this is making me feel really weird so many emotions at once
but i will remain in the shadows looking for the bigger picture
because i think a sudden revalation of information shall occur showing how it is justified
i strive to put more happiness into the world then i took out of it
and hope others strive to do the same.

to the speculation mobile initiate the wild mass contingency!
valerio

Post by valerio »

villa wrote:i have a minor non wild guess what if rick looked to see what name we used to identify king/joel most often as a way to decide who he becomes in short a stealth fan decides kind of thing
King! Kingy, King-pup, Corgi hero, Sir Kingalot, Kingley...
villa

Post by villa »

valerio wrote:
villa wrote:i have a minor non wild guess what if rick looked to see what name we used to identify king/joel most often as a way to decide who he becomes in short a stealth fan decides kind of thing
King! Kingy, King-pup, Corgi hero, Sir Kingalot, Kingley...
i meant between king and joel not any weird names.....
king of all cosmos *crosses fingers*
i strive to put more happiness into the world then i took out of it
and hope others strive to do the same.

to the speculation mobile initiate the wild mass contingency!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

But what if we were just JoelKing when we made the suggestion?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:But what if we were just JoelKing when we made the suggestion?
Did you just...?
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:Given that Rick said that the resolution to this arc "is quite simple", and the world wasn't actually destroyed, I'd say he will make everything go back in time to before Joel got turned into a dog, only this time, the dog part doesn't happen.
And just as he's about to open the door to answer the PETA help wanted ad he meets an oddly familiar woman wearing an aqua colored scarf......
As good an ending that is, I doubt he would use it unless it meant the end of Housepets...or the end of King and Bailey altogether. O.o
Last edited by gamepopper on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Silly Zealot wrote:Given that Rick said that the resolution to this arc "is quite simple", and the world wasn't actually destroyed, I'd say he will make everything go back in time to before Joel got turned into a dog, only this time, the dog part doesn't happen.
And just as he's about to open the door to answer the PETA help wanted ad he meets an oddly familiar woman wearing an aqua colored scarf......
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

gamepopper wrote:
As good an ending that is, I doubt he would use it unless it meant the end of Housepets...or the end of King and Bailey altogether. O.o
I sir, agree with your logic.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

ConvoyWolf wrote:
gamepopper wrote:
I sir, agree with your logic.
But I don't want Housepets to end, I don't want King and Bailey to leave...not yet. T_T
valerio

Post by valerio »

Love shall triumph! KINGLEY FOREVER!
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

gamepopper wrote:
But I don't want Housepets to end, I don't want King and Bailey to leave...not yet. T_T
Oh nono i meant i agree in your doubt that Rick would end the arc that way. *hugs*
Valerio wrote: Love shall triumph! KINGLEY FOREVER!
Indeed!