2014/08/13 - Round the Camp Fire

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Ryusuta

Re: 2014/08/13 - Round the Camp Fire

Post by Ryusuta »

I think Sabrina is more than a little misguided. At best.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Yep, looks like this is all going on camera... Tonight, on Babylon Gardens News; gods among us...
Liam

Post by Liam »

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sabrina always had the attitude back when she was introduced that she was the high pedestal type of character. It's even in her Valentine's card =P

The problem here is that she doesn't seem to understand the kind of situation the way that King and Bailey are going through. Either that, or she's trying her best to ignore it for the benefit of her own goal. (It might even be one of the reasons she puts herself on high standards so much) She also doesn't seem to understand that the way Pete took Bailey is pretty much mimicking the way Jata took Sabrina from Fido, but in this case ~ She's looking at it like being forced to play a game is petty compared to forced marriage, while in certain circumstances is an understandable analogy, but she doesn't realize the experience King and Bailey are going through with all of this. She only, from my recollection, experienced King's troubles, not King and Baileys, therefore she might even be thinking that she knows (from her own high view) love better than them.

I hope at this point, despite her plans that she learns something meaningful from King's persistence at least.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Despite the inertia of this world- its rigid infrastructure and humanity's tendency to contently gravitate toward old habits- many of the great revolutions (for better or for worse) came about through the will of a single heart... I'm sure someone has said this before, but I'm too exhausted/lazy to check.
herobrineharry

Post by herobrineharry »

I second everything Valerio said.
Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho'(though) the soldiers knew
  Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
  Rode the six hundred.
HighwaymanDWolf

Post by HighwaymanDWolf »

Didn't Kitsune mention that king is something akin to an npc in this game, a neutral or third uncontrolled force if you will? Did Dragon neglect to mention this fact to sabrina? And Pete to Bailey as well?
Frank

Post by Frank »

Am I the only one thinking Dragon may lose and we'll have to see her walking around as a mortal hereonafter?

Then again, Great Kitsune might make the Solomonic decision and decide they both lose...
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Poor Sabrina, all emotionally confussed. I must hug her. That P.D.H. certainly isn't helping things. I wonder what the First exception to her pacifism is?
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Shadowstar23 wrote:Poor Sabrina, all emotionally confussed. I must hug her. That P.D.H. certainly isn't helping things. I wonder what the First exception to her pacifism is?
She's been beating up Bailey for the last dozen strips. I'm pretty sure that counts
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Frank wrote:
Shadowstar23 wrote:Poor Sabrina, all emotionally confussed. I must hug her. That P.D.H. certainly isn't helping things. I wonder what the First exception to her pacifism is?
She's been beating up Bailey for the last dozen strips. I'm pretty sure that counts
I would disagree. She was fighting Bailey under Dragon's command, not of her own voluntary will. .....But then, you might be right.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Frank wrote:Am I the only one thinking Dragon may lose and we'll have to see her walking around as a mortal hereonafter?

Then again, Great Kitsune might make the Solomonic decision and decide they both lose...
Once I went far enough as to imagine that Pete, in the last outstanding revelation IS the good guy here after all! :shock:
But yes, Kitsune's decision would be soooo cool! 8-)
Argent

Post by Argent »

Frank wrote:Then again, Great Kitsune might make the Solomonic decision and decide they both lose...
Do demigods regenerate when you cut them in half? Maybe both halves do, like when Swamp Thing lost his arm?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Poor Sabrina. *hugs her*
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Why we should miss the rushed explanation? :P And, it's already night, the trip was already really long, but seems that also the rushed explanation was (rushed doesn't always mean quick). :P
What? But it's you who's taking too seriously the fight, the demigods game and all that's related to it, Sabrina... You indeed know that's all a silly whim of those superbeings, which are using their powers in this way. Why do participate playing the part? They could fight directly by themself, at the end... Uhm, maybe that's an headache's effect, because you can't realize how much fool is what you're saying... Yeah, the world is terrible. The power making a better world is an utopia, the History always showed the contrary, independently by the form of the power. I know, would be great if that would happen, and with such demigods there... Wow Sabrina, you're getting ever worse, now sit down and calm yourself... You King, keep looking at her in that way. ;) And you Rock, be aware that all this thing isn't being a recitation to record and then make a movie, so money, success, etc. :P Must say that Sabrina is pretty scaring when she breaks the rules of her pacifism, even for the second time. :? Stay away from her hands, and feet too... :| Emotional flux or not, looks like Sabrina's usual patience is having a fade end.
BTW, get away from the off-road vehicle hood, the other Daryl, you're denting it! :lol: You're enjoying the heat of the engine, I know it. :P
Flexico

Post by Flexico »

Whelp, spent all night catching up, so now I have to wait for an update. *le sigh*
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Dude, the more I think of it, the more Sabrina seems less like a bit of a hypocrite and more like Emperor effing Palpatine. She's a "pacifist" who will do battle to keep her powers so that she can bring her own form of "good" to the world.

Once more, the Sith Dragon will rule the galaxy. And, we shall have peace.

(Edit: By the way... don't take this as legitimate, emotional criticism. It's supposed to be intended as funny.)
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Flexico wrote:Whelp, spent all night catching up, so now I have to wait for an update. *le sigh*
Welcome to the group. :)
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Didn't expect Sabrina to feel strongly about the game. Tarot never really seemed to care much...

Also, Tarot's probably a great friend. Stop hating on her. :x
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Nightfirex

Post by Nightfirex »

I think for the most part all of you have a good idea on what going on. looking at the comic at face value and looking at the meaning behind it. Moral and conflict. Where is that line and where do we cross. Is it really black and white or is nothing but grey, the things we struggle with everyday put in a simple 3 panels. What is it we truly want and what is "happiness" to us? Can evil truly be remove to be happy? or does evil need to exist for us to be reminded the horrors of what happen when we go to deep? We can study this or we can enjoy the comic for what it is. overall good job everyone I can't wait till the next comic. The conclusion is coming soon, but will a lesson be learn in all this or will things just go back to our escapism? I am pretty excited about this.