2014/08/25 - Speak Easy

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Bucky-Roo

Re: 2014/08/25 - Speak Easy

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Wow, I've been watching Housepets for a few years now and I just finally decided to make an account xD. Oh well. Anyway, Pete needs to wear clothes more often. He looks good. :P I can also only imagine what is going through the soda jerk's head right now.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Kaeto

Post by Kaeto »

Obbl wrote:To be specific, it's old American Colloquial. While my grandparents would certainly remember the soda jerks, I'm not certain my parents would have ever referred to such a person by that name. I suppose it would vary from region to region, but yeah, it's definitely an older term. ;)
There is a small restaurant near me that still has the soda goosenecks. Plus they still make milkshakes and malts with real milk and real ice cream.
Forward The Dinochrome!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Karl wrote:They're cute.
Let's ship them!
Where to?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Is she missing her horns in panel 3, or are her ears obscuring them just perfectly? Sorry for pointing out petty things.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Wonder if this is where Bruce and Roosevelt come in ( literally). Perhaps they are there to enter and act as natives to distract D & P somehow.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Wonder if this is where Bruce and Roosevelt come in ( literally). Perhaps they are there to enter and act as natives to distract D & P somehow.
I was actually curious as to why they came along aside from parent meeting.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

ConvoyWolf wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Wonder if this is where Bruce and Roosevelt come in ( literally). Perhaps they are there to enter and act as natives to distract D & P somehow.
I was actually curious as to why they came along aside from parent meeting.
Maybe they were born in Australia and came later in the zoo.
So I would say they act like guides
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Let's ship them!
Where to?
Abu Dahbi.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Discostew wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
Let's ship them!
Where to?
Abu Dhabi.
I think they just say UAE in this comic. :P
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

I just thought of something. They still have "The Thing" which makes them essentially invisible to the Celestials. Just because they're invisible doesn't mean they're inaudible. So Pete and Dragon could (in theory) hear them. I find it rather suspicious that Pete and Dragon show up at the same diner as King and the others who are supposed to be invisible to them right now.

Also, we get to see Dragon's cute anthro form again. :mrgreen:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Leomon2004 wrote:I just thought of something. They still have "The Thing" which makes them essentially invisible to the Celestials. Just because they're invisible doesn't mean they're inaudible. So Pete and Dragon could (in theory) hear them. I find it rather suspicious that Pete and Dragon show up at the same diner as King and the others who are supposed to be invisible to them right now.

no, they can't be neither seen nor perceived. Otherwise, the celestial beings would've already heard everything while they were talking in the arena.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

valerio wrote:
Leomon2004 wrote:I just thought of something. They still have "The Thing" which makes them essentially invisible to the Celestials. Just because they're invisible doesn't mean they're inaudible. So Pete and Dragon could (in theory) hear them. I find it rather suspicious that Pete and Dragon show up at the same diner as King and the others who are supposed to be invisible to them right now.

no, they can't be neither seen nor perceived. Otherwise, the celestial beings would've already heard everything while they were talking in the arena.
So King can be making faces at Pete and Pete would not notice? Oh the fun one could have 8-)

Bucky-Roo wrote:Wow, I've been watching Housepets for a few years now and I just finally decided to make an account xD. Oh well. Anyway, Pete needs to wear clothes more often. He looks good. :P I can also only imagine what is going through the soda jerk's head right now.
"I don't get paid enough for this" is probably what he's thinking :lol:
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

I just realized something! According to this link, Sabrina has a locator chip. King may not have known that, but why hadn't the omniscient demigods thought of using that to track her down? That's assuming if the lantern did not negate that feature.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

kavviyenta wrote:I just realized something! According to this link, Sabrina has a locator chip. King may not have known that, but why hadn't the omniscient demigods thought of using that to track her down? That's assuming if the lantern did not negate that feature.
I don't think that they're omniscient - just omnipotent. Plus they're too angry at each other to think rationally right now. ;)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Douglas Collier wrote:
kavviyenta wrote:I just realized something! According to this link, Sabrina has a locator chip. King may not have known that, but why hadn't the omniscient demigods thought of using that to track her down? That's assuming if the lantern did not negate that feature.
I don't think that they're omniscient - just omnipotent. Plus they're too angry at each other to think rationally right now. ;)
Technically, they're also omniscient:

Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Argent wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:
Technically, they're also omniscient:

Then I guess they just don't have enough common sense. :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Bucky-Roo wrote:Wow, I've been watching Housepets for a few years now and I just finally decided to make an account xD. Oh well. Anyway, Pete needs to wear clothes more often. He looks good. :P I can also only imagine what is going through the soda jerk's head right now.
Well obiviously he's thinking "Shut the **** up already". Also, good for you to make an account. I officially welcome you here. :)
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I love the way that GK is chilling in the background.