2014/09/01 - Shake It Baby

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Gren

Re: 2014/09/01 - Shake It Baby

Post by Gren »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Gren wrote:I wonder if he still be able keep the tape after the whole "or was it" recurring joke?
the tape will obviously be the "or was it" trigger item.
I hope so. Otherwise all his work would have been for nothing. His life would be meaningless!

Now I just noticed that if it weren't for the ring I would say Bailey holds hands with Marshmallow man. :lol:
Silly Zealot wrote: We use "El burro dijo que orejas largas." where I come from.
Really? Never heard of that one.
Frank wrote:And just because when I woke back up I felt like it:
  • Translation for Mexico: El burro hablando de orejas (the donkey talking about [long] ears)
  • Translation for Central America: El tigre hablando de rayas (the tiger talking about stripes)
  • Translation for South America: El tigre hablando de manchas (the jaguar talking about spots)
...what?
Not in my country at least. I do have heard of a similar phrase but not related to this joke.
The phrase says: "ponerle una raya más al tigre" (put one more strip on the tiger) which means it doesn't matter what you do it won't change nothing.
I also heard of another phrase but I'm not sure if it's like this joke: "El mudo le dijo al sordo que el ciego lo está mirando" (The dumb one told to the deaf one that the blind one was looking at him.)

And by the way:
Tiger is Tigre.
Jaguar is Jaguar/Yaguareté.
;)
ImageImage
AidenCorgi

Post by AidenCorgi »

It's official, although I love King, I think Great Kitsune is now my favorite character. Anyways, I love how this arc is going and can't wait to see what happens to Pete and Dragon. Maybe they will live their mortal lives as a Parrot and Gecko or something.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

AidenCorgi wrote:It's official, although I love King, I think Great Kitsune is now my favorite character. Anyways, I love how this arc is going and can't wait to see what happens to Pete and Dragon. Maybe they will live their mortal lives as a Parrot and Gecko or something.
With Pete as the gecko and Dragon as the parrot?
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

*sniff, sniff* I love the smell of roast griffon in the morning. So Pete got burned, is getting burned badly. Dragon's getting grievances but Pete's getting an ex-girlfriends, milkshakes in face, mocking from dm, bad puns, and *gasp* no chance in heaven of continuing his game. Almost makes you feel bad for the birdy... Maybe after a few more pages of comeuppance.
Toboe3

Post by Toboe3 »

Dragon-and-Pete-eyed-stubby-legged-husky-puppies!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Toboe3 wrote:Dragon-and-Pete-eyed-stubby-legged-husky-puppies!
That would be terribly unfair to King and Bailey.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Pete, you have a signed contract. USE IT!!

Huh, odd how I'm giving the guy I like less some good advice.

And I really have to thank Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged for introducing me to that joke, and man, does Kitsune enjoy these things.
InDaZone1219 wrote:
herobrineharry wrote:That was very well written.
Also, why did dissension not post the alt text?
Maybe he's not really Dissenion, but a doppelgänger!!!
Oh, no, it's his twin, Concordance!
SeanWolf wrote:
Discostew wrote:You just don't mess with Bailey, whether you're a mortal or demigod.

**Reads alt-text**

:lol: WOW! I have NOT seen that movie in YEARS! That scene fits the alt-caption perfectly! :lol:
That is one of my favorite scenes in the movie! Though it's "throw our heads back and laugh", not "throw our heads back in laughter."
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

D-Rock wrote:
InDaZone1219 wrote:
herobrineharry wrote:That was very well written.
Also, why did dissension not post the alt text?
Maybe he's not really Dissenion, but a doppelgänger!!!
Oh, no, it's his twin, Concordance!
*triple gasp* OH NOES!!!
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I was suddenly reminded of that scene in Aladdin where Jasmine tosses her drink at Jafar. :lol:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Argent wrote:
Toboe3 wrote:Dragon-and-Pete-eyed-stubby-legged-husky-puppies!
That would be terribly unfair to King and Bailey.
But revenge is a dish best served cold...to puppy dogs with big green & yellow eyes...right?

Then again, I'm of the opinion that Kari & Tarot are Pete's and Dragon's mortal forms, so...

By the way, I'd like to see something like this:

Pete: (addressing King) Ok, you're not even supposed to be here, so wake up!

*POOF!*

back at the wolf house

King: waking up Don't even think...

King looks around and sees an unfamiliar note. Picking it up, he reads:

I told you I'd give you one last gift. Look closely at your ring.

King looks and sees a strange mark on his wedding band. He continues reading.

Just grip the ring and say this:

In brightest day
In blackest night...

King: You have got to be joking...

no gamer shall escape my might.
Let cheating players cower in fright...
Let Baha's power provide my flight!
Oh, and by the way, have your claws at the ready.

King: I think I like where this is going...

As King recites the oath poem his wedding band glows green. Meanwhile in Australia...

Kitsune: Blast it, Pete! I've tried being nice and I've tried being funny, but this is too much! You can't make a contract that removes free will!

Pete: If that were true then this contract right here in my hands would've disintegrated the moment she signed it! Now it looks like the tables have turned! I've got an avatar and Dragon doesn't! So perhaps you'd like to surrender, miss high and mighty!

As the demigods keep arguing, Rock notices King's lamp is glowing brighter. He picks it up and shows it to Tarot.

Rock: Hey Tarot, is this normal?

Tarot: *gasp!* DON'T TOUCH THAT!

As the green lamp flies through the air, Karishad stares at it.

Karishad: So that's how it happened.

The green lamp flashes brilliantly, and is replaced by King. He sees Bailey in some sort of trance, and sees Pete turning around. As he does, he exposes the contract. As King falls, his claws on his left paw slash through the contract as his right paw slams Pete's face into a table. Bailey starts to fall over, but Cerb catches her. King addresses Pete.

King: Try that again and I'll take you to Bahamut's court myself!

Pete: meekly I surrender.

King: How about you, Dragon? Are you done meddling in our affairs?

Dragon: whispering to Tarot Do you think Peanut would react like this if he knew...everything?

Tarot: Probably.

Dragon: I also surrender.

Kitsune: Then that settles it as far as I'm concerned. Both parties surrender, so both parties will face the game's punishment for loss. As of the rest of you, its time to wa...

Bailey: My hero!
*GLOMP!*

Bailey continues being excited, and GK snaps his fingers. Everyone vanishes from the parlor except Cerb and the Soda Jerk.

Soda Jerk: So who's paying for everything?

Cerberus: holding out bag of gold coins You mortals accept precious metals as forms of payment, yes?
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Ponjos

Post by Ponjos »

SeanWolf wrote:Pete you done goofed! You never want to beef consumme of Bailey! "You can promise heaven, but the reward is not what gives our lives value" Good saying, King/Bailey (Can't tell who said it). The way it looks, either by Wednesday or Friday, Pete will not be able to get them to change their minds and will have to live in a mortal body (Here's hoping for Pete to be forced to be Keene's servant).
Perhaps I've missed something extremely obvious but if the game ends in a stalemate then why would Pete or Dragon have to end in mortal bodies? Would they not start a new game or simple move on?

Ponjos - Reader since Joey's Insanity Plea.
A useful guide to BB Code is here.
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

I love the Great Kitsune's outfit... partly because I pretty much have it.

Also question: What dog breed is Cerb? Is she like a fanciful (and three-headed) Doberman?
Douglas Collier

Nice banner, Sansash. You get an Internet. XD
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

It had to be done. There was no alternative.

And after some quick and easy internet research I guess Rottweiler. Still a fanciful and extra-cute Rottweiler.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Ponjos wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:Pete you done goofed! You never want to beef consumme of Bailey! "You can promise heaven, but the reward is not what gives our lives value" Good saying, King/Bailey (Can't tell who said it). The way it looks, either by Wednesday or Friday, Pete will not be able to get them to change their minds and will have to live in a mortal body (Here's hoping for Pete to be forced to be Keene's servant).
Perhaps I've missed something extremely obvious but if the game ends in a stalemate then why would Pete or Dragon have to end in mortal bodies? Would they not start a new game or simple move on?
Hmm...You know? :| I don't really recall if they ever stated what would happen if it ends in a stalemate.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Douglas Collier

Technically King could be considered an enemy player ( https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/ ... ts-not-so/ ) - therefore, if time runs out, he wins, they lose. ;)
Of course it's up to Kitsune to decide whether he's an enemy player or just an unrelated third party. Knowing Kitsune, though, and considering that King managed to oust their avatars from The Game, it would probably be the former. ;)
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Douglas Collier wrote:Technically King could be considered an enemy player ( https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/ ... ts-not-so/ ) - therefore, if time runs out, he wins, they lose. ;)
Of course it's up to Kitsune to decide whether he's an enemy player or just an unrelated third party. Knowing Kitsune, though, and considering that King managed to oust their avatars from The Game, it would probably be the former. ;)
Never thought about that... :|
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

I'd still like to know if Cerbs is down to one head in this form. She made the joke about the waiter/counterperson looking at her as if she had three heads, but that would be funny ether way.
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Douglas Collier wrote:Technically King could be considered an enemy player ( https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/ ... ts-not-so/ ) - therefore, if time runs out, he wins, they lose. ;)
Thats actually not a bad theory, because (I can't remember who says it or if it is even said at all) there has to be a winner and a loser(s). It can't just end in a draw... right?
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

IonOtter wrote:I actually joined the forums to ask this question.

Does anyone here know the significance of pickles and ice cream???

Or is this the 1000lb elephant in the room that everyone is desperately trying to avoid talking about?
Yes. Everyone knows the normal significance of cravings involving pickles and ice cream. We've been over it ad nauseum.

We also know allegedly it was a favorite snack of hers and her mother's, so the trope is subverted here. By my understanding, Word of God says she's not pregnant (yet).
Jamonius

Post by Jamonius »

Pete's letting his true colors show, he must not deal well with suddenly stressful situations. Nice use of the milkshake by the way Bailey.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Gren wrote:Now I just noticed that if it weren't for the ring I would say Bailey holds hands with Marshmallow man. :lol:

¡Ja!
Gren wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote: We use "El burro dijo que orejas largas." where I come from.
Really? Never heard of that one.
My grandma used it once, God rest her soul. That should tell what kind of demographic uses it.
Kitch wrote:Yes. Everyone knows the normal significance of cravings involving pickles and ice cream. We've been over it ad nauseum.
Everything Kingley related has been said ad nauseum. I not even care whether Joel stays in the form King forever anymore, I just want everyone to stop asking for puppies and cheering whenever Joel/King eats a sandwich!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Tritus

Post by Tritus »

The thing I'm wondering is, wouldn't Pete be able to use Keene as an avatar, seeing as neither King nor Bailey are willing to fight? I mean, he's given Keene a piece of mana and all.
Douglas Collier

Tritus wrote:The thing I'm wondering is, wouldn't Pete be able to use Keene as an avatar, seeing as neither King nor Bailey are willing to fight? I mean, he's given Keene a piece of mana and all.
Only if Keene agrees to it.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Tritus wrote:The thing I'm wondering is, wouldn't Pete be able to use Keene as an avatar, seeing as neither King nor Bailey are willing to fight? I mean, he's given Keene a piece of mana and all.
And becomes a dog or a cat ;)
Douglas Collier

Obbl wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:
And becomes a dog or a cat ;)
True - otherwise Zach would have been Pete's avatar loooong ago.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think Joel should stay as King but no Kingly babies until the 10 year anniversary of the comic: June 1st, 2018 (June 2nd is a Saturday so no updates then).
Douglas Collier

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think Joel should stay as King but no Kingly babies until the 10 year anniversary of the comic: June 1st, 2018 (June 2nd is a Saturday so no updates then).
Well, considering King turned into a dog 5 years ago - which, translates to 17.5 pet years; and assuming he was at minimum 21 when he was changed, he's already 38.5 years old. By 2018, he'll be 52-53 years old. I assume Bailey is around the same age as King, dog-years wise (though I could be wrong); unless dog biology in the Housepets! universe excludes menopause, they'd better have puppies sooner than the 10 year anniversary. =d
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well give it 5 more years then. I'm not ready for Kingley babies yet.
Douglas Collier

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Well give it 5 more years then. I'm not ready for Kingley babies yet.
The 10 year anniversary is in 4 years. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

2 more years then. My brain is fried from the first day of classes. X_X
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think Joel should stay as King but no Kingly babies until the 10 year anniversary of the comic: June 1st, 2018 (June 2nd is a Saturday so no updates then).
Well, considering King turned into a dog 5 years ago - which, translates to 17.5 pet years; and assuming he was at minimum 21 when he was changed, he's already 38.5 years old. By 2018, he'll be 52-53 years old. I assume Bailey is around the same age as King, dog-years wise (though I could be wrong); unless dog biology in the Housepets! universe excludes menopause, they'd better have puppies sooner than the 10 year anniversary. =d
Don't forget that the Housepets! Universe has a continuity bubble, where characters only age when the plot says so, not from when time passes naturally between episodes. Who knows how much King and Bailey would age by when HP reaches 10 years.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Douglas Collier wrote:Well, considering King turned into a dog 5 years ago - which, translates to 17.5 pet years; and assuming he was at minimum 21 when he was changed, he's already 38.5 years old. By 2018, he'll be 52-53 years old. I assume Bailey is around the same age as King, dog-years wise (though I could be wrong); unless dog biology in the Housepets! universe excludes menopause, they'd better have puppies sooner than the 10 year anniversary. =d
That made my brain hurt trying to follow your math/logic.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think we can all agree that Kingley does not need to have puppies yet.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think we can all agree that Kingley does not need to have puppies yet.
I don't see why not, I just think that having the Cosmic Nerds basically stealing two of them for their sojourn on earth would be a jerk move.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @