2014/09/03 - As the Good Book Says

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Argent

Re: 2014/09/03 - As the Good Book Says

Post by Argent »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Argent wrote:Oh, if you allow weird time stuff, Pete and Dragon become the Milton cousins.
And give them access to practically unlimited wealth? They might as well remain demigods with the power they could obtain. :lol:
That's just it... they *don't* have access to practically unlimited wealth any more.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Argent wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:
Argent wrote:Oh, if you allow weird time stuff, Pete and Dragon become the Milton cousins.
And give them access to practically unlimited wealth? They might as well remain demigods with the power they could obtain. :lol:
That's just it... they *don't* have access to practically unlimited wealth any more.
They wouldn't have excessive wealth if they were related to the Miltons? :?:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Being related to the Miltons...
Sort of a scary thought.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

TheOne wrote:What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Kitsune starts to use the BOF and the lamp, but Pete questions who gave it to Tarot. Kitsune admits, "I did, so what?" Then Pete claims that Kitsune interfered in the game, saying something like, "it was supposed to be a duel between me and Dragon with no outside interventions." Kitsune objects, but Pete points out that neither avatar would have quit if King hadn't intervened, and King wouldn't've intervened (or been able to) if he hadn't had the lamp.
Pete then calls for Bahamut to decide what to do. (since he wouldn't recognize Cerb's authority, and since Pete is becoming really desperate at this point)

Bahamut shows up, and Pete makes his case. (Also pointing out that Kitsune's BOF isn't the standard-issue one shown in the trial in heaven arc) Upon seeing all this, Bahamut decides the best thing to do is change ALL the cosmic nerds into mortals for a full lifetime. He figures, "maybe somebody will learn a lesson from all of this."

So all the cosmic nerds get put back in time...

Kitsune becomes Karishad
Dragon becomes Tarot...so she can date Peanut
And Pete becomes Peanut...maybe. (just because Pete and Dragon "fight like a married couple"...it also would explain Peanut's explanation in the elevator. He wasn't phased because he already...partially... knew what was going on. And the trip to Gallifrax? Still genuine because Pete is a troll. :-p )
Interesting....sounds like one of the things that used to give Janeway headaches on "Voyager".

Would King's final reward promised to him at the end of the game by GK be him being given the opportunity to become a Cosmic Nerd?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Argent wrote:That's just it... they *don't* have access to practically unlimited wealth any more.
Considering they are Thomas and Celia, no, no they would not have access to excessive wealth ;)
Douglas Collier

Obbl wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:
Argent wrote:That's just it... they *don't* have access to practically unlimited wealth any more.
Considering they are Thomas and Celia, no, no they would not have access to excessive wealth ;)
Oh, those cousins. I thought you were thinking of something like this, only as real ferrets:
That reminds me, did anything ever happen with the map? I can't remember.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Argent wrote:That's just it... [the Milton Cousins] *don't* have access to practically unlimited wealth any more.
Because they got cut out of the will:

OK, they got some token property but they blew it pretty quickly:

Douglas Collier

I thought you meant biologically related to the Milton ferrets. ;) :P
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Douglas Collier wrote:I thought you meant biologically related to the Milton ferrets. ;) :P
Cousins Bradley and Berle.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Douglas Collier wrote:I thought you meant biologically related to the Milton ferrets. ;) :P
There's always the Black Footed Ferrets. A few decades of cornhole will soften them up.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Anyone else think it looks like Tarot is NOMMING on the back of the diner seat in the last panel?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Speaking of the gruesome twosome, whatever happened to them? I know that Thomas got arrested and released, but what about Celia?