2014/09/12 - You Have Chosen...

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
matthew Wolf

Re: 2014/09/12 - You Have Chosen...

Post by matthew Wolf »

Xane wrote:
Just wanna beep Kitsune's nose!
I just wana huggles those paws also since when does he have paws?
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

matthew Wolf wrote:
Xane wrote:
Just wanna beep Kitsune's nose!
I just wana huggles those paws also since when does he have paws?
He is a demigod, remember that. He can change forms whenever it suits him.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

So.... Wait....
Does all this mean we don't get to know what the heck Pete was going on about in the last few strips? He clearly had some sort of dark backstory fueling this, and I'm still wondering what it was....

Maybe he'll come back in a few arcs and explain? I mean, he's going to live 60 years as a mortal and then he can probably just use relative time to go back... Though I don't know what effect 60 years as a mortal will have on him...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Kitch wrote:
dtlux1 wrote:His human parents are dead.
I'm guessing that if he chooses to remain a dog, "Joel Robinson" would cease to exist. He would just be a missing person who will someday (likely long after King dies) be reclassified as "missing, presumed dead".
I was guessing that too. And I guess you have a point with the mother thing.
deepskycyan wrote:Like I've said before; change is good.

Most of us here want King to stay as King. Perfectly understandable, nobody wants the corgi that we all know and love to disappear forever.
However, is this the best choice plot-wise? King is THE dramatic character of housepets, and as we arrive at the end of the game, could it be that King's life, which revolves around the game through the course of the comic, suddenly hold no meaning?
Consider this: King stays a dog, lives a peaceful life in the company of his friends and is uninvolved with any more drama as the comic returns to its slice-of-life format. Is this still the King we know and love? A King who has nothing to feel indignant about? This would seem quite out of character to me.
The alternative: King becomes human, retains memories of past dog life. Now, this may seem like a bad choice, and the first one a no-brainer. However, I find that this path is the better choice plot-wise, as we'll see how King deals with reuniting with his former life (the choices are random after all, and I did not say he would be happy!) and how he plans to contact the oblivious Fox, Bailey etc, if at all.
So my point is, that becoming human provides some degree of continuity to the game, whereas staying a dog just puts an end to all of it. And yes, I know that concluding the cosmic arc is what Rick intends to do, but I can't really believe that Rick is truly willing to give up on all of it. Perhaps he has some plans on extending the game's presence while keeping the comic a lighthearted tone, and I find it easier to achieve this through the character of Joel.

As for my personal preference on the choices, I'm quite impartial.
Can't wait to see how this wraps up!

I can't wait either. While I agree that we all want King, I am kind of interested what will happen if he stays human, and in what context. He would be the character to do something about it.

Or he could just become Bailey's owner and this would turn into some weird comic about a love relationship between a human and a dog. Just a pointless thought.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

dtlux1 wrote:Or he could just become Bailey's owner and this would turn into some weird comic about a love relationship between a human and a dog. Just a pointless thought.

NO.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

GameCobra wrote:My speculation: Joel sitting in a chair is foreshadowing him if he were like the regular faceless human pet owners. Possibly King and Baileys. If the game never existed, then King would have a real owner.
Unlikely. First off, if the game never existed then he never would've become King in the first place. Secondly, to quote Kitsune from the 3rd panel "You needn't worry about those you met in this life, as they will not remember you." So if he does chose to remain human then "King" would get erased from existance and nobody that he came in contact with as King would remember him. Whether or not he would retain the memories he made as King is a different matter.

Also, since Joel is/was King, how would Joel having King as his pet work?
Last edited by Leomon2004 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi

Post by Corsi »

deepskycyan wrote:Like I've said before; change is good.

Most of us here want King to stay as King. Perfectly understandable, nobody wants the corgi that we all know and love to disappear forever.
However, is this the best choice plot-wise? King is THE dramatic character of housepets, and as we arrive at the end of the game, could it be that King's life, which revolves around the game through the course of the comic, suddenly hold no meaning?
Consider this: King stays a dog, lives a peaceful life in the company of his friends and is uninvolved with any more drama as the comic returns to its slice-of-life format. Is this still the King we know and love? A King who has nothing to feel indignant about? This would seem quite out of character to me.
The alternative: King becomes human, retains memories of past dog life. Now, this may seem like a bad choice, and the first one a no-brainer. However, I find that this path is the better choice plot-wise, as we'll see how King deals with reuniting with his former life (the choices are random after all, and I did not say he would be happy!) and how he plans to contact the oblivious Fox, Bailey etc, if at all.
So my point is, that becoming human provides some degree of continuity to the game, whereas staying a dog just puts an end to all of it. And yes, I know that concluding the cosmic arc is what Rick intends to do, but I can't really believe that Rick is truly willing to give up on all of it. Perhaps he has some plans on extending the game's presence while keeping the comic a lighthearted tone, and I find it easier to achieve this through the character of Joel.

As for my personal preference on the choices, I'm quite impartial.
Can't wait to see how this wraps up!

I think you forgot in this that King/Joel would forget everything that happened to him in his life as King if he chooses to stay as a Human. So he wouldn't know Bailey at all or Fox at all. Choosing to be Human would realistically write King out of the comic as we know it entirely.

I think the 'walking away' option would present itself as best. He keeps the watch without the boon.

Look at it this way also. IF he chooses to stay a dog and Kitsune tricks him and forces him to be human, then it's not the boon he was promised. So either way, for GK to make good on his promise, he has to give King what he wants in his heart. And he loves Bailey. His best friend and really his only friend is Fox whom is also a dog.

Choosing to life a life of luxury alone versus living a challenged life with friends ... I know what I would pick. And it ain't to live and die alone.

Regardless, it's pretty safe to assume that with all the things left behind, we haven't seen the last of Pete and Dragon.

And to the person that mentioned my comment about the Lantern not coming from Dragon. It did. Dragon bestowed it to Tarot specifically for King to have and use.

The other part of all this is ... what's going to happen to the temple now that Pete is Mortal and the game is over? And in turn what will happen to Zack the Opener of Ways?
Argent

Post by Argent »

Corsi wrote:And to the person that mentioned my comment about the Lantern not coming from Dragon. It did. Dragon bestowed it to Tarot specifically for King to have and use.
You missed the last frame here:

Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Expected destiny's choices, how's democratic our Great Kitsune. ;) But, maybe you're really making an easy choice complicated... The being human choice isn't that much bad: it's guaranteed a comfortable and serene life with all his bad past cancelled, but he'll also forget of have been a dog and so of all the other things he did as such... It sounds a boring rest of life... It's a better choice to stay as King, it's only going to be a new happy life with Bailey and without that silly demigod's game. Then, he'll be able to be on his own, why he shouldn't? The force he got for what he passed because of Pete hasn't been nothing? You're also saying that, Great Kitsune...
The clock should be for the choice to stay as dog, so, pick it. The last panel! :lol: Loving the Great Kitsune's nonchalance with Joel. :P And nice feral form for him, too. ;)
Last edited by Cesco on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Said it before. Saying it again. Must. Hug. Big, Fluffy Kitsune. As for Pete's backstory, not gonna happen. For evidence, take a look at panel three.
Consultation Prize

Edit: Image Fail.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Wow you have to give Kitsune credit, these choices are both very fair :D
Also if Joel would choose being a human...would he be able to meet a human version of bailey? :|

Well....I hope he stays a dog :mrgreen:
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Corsi wrote:I think you forgot in this that King/Joel would forget everything that happened to him in his life as King if he chooses to stay as a Human. So he wouldn't know Bailey at all or Fox at all.
You know, I hate to be the technical person, well, no I don't. Technically Joel would know Fox as he kidnapped Fox. Just saying, technical.

Ok, forget I said that, I know what you are talking about, I just feel I have to contridict stuff. :P
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

Bailey was drinking a pickle and cherry milkshake. Seems to me things might get... awkward if she just forgets about King. :shock:
Zerky

Post by Zerky »

I hope we get to see more of Peanut and grape after all this non-sense is over. Of course they'd be interacting with gods gone mortal, which may be fun.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Arvetis wrote:Bailey was drinking a pickle and cherry milkshake. Seems to me things might get... awkward if she just forgets about King. :shock:
People seem to keep forgetting that's an old family treat of Bailey's.
Foxstar wrote:
dtlux1 wrote:Or he could just become Bailey's owner and this would turn into some weird comic about a love relationship between a human and a dog. Just a pointless thought.

NO.
Well put! Zoophilia isn't within the bounds of our discussion guidelines. I've seen some mentions of it recently. Let's not persist with those.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Dissension wrote:
Arvetis wrote:Bailey was drinking a pickle and cherry milkshake. Seems to me things might get... awkward if she just forgets about King. :shock:
People seem to keep forgetting that's an old family treat of Bailey's.
Can't it be both? Just because it's an old favorite treat, doesn't nessasarily mean there might not be an alternate reason she's craving them now is there?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Using one of Bailey's favorite snacks as sole evidence of pregnancy strikes me as wishful thinking.

dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Dissension wrote:Using one of Bailey's favorite snacks as sole evidence of pregnancy strikes me as wishful thinking.
Yes, but it also isn't sole evidence against it either. :D
Sirberus

Post by Sirberus »

Ok, doing this on a friday is evil. Evil!
Benjamin_Mahir

Post by Benjamin_Mahir »

Congratulations. The storyline has gotten so intriguing that I not only had to read the comic, but also register for the boards.
+1 Login and Password to my internet footprint

But yeah, the biggest thing I have to say on this strip in particular is... I have a feeling that this is a twist on the old Gypsy Switch. Kitsune has one plan, be it the only one he wants to do or the only one he's allowed to do by the rules of Heaven is up for debate. By giving King a choice... well it's for two possible reasons. One: he wants to give Joel/King a sense of gratification for choosing wisely. Two: as a mischief maker Kitsune thrives on the anxiety even when he's doing good. ...and as a bonus third, he just needs to know what artifact to leave Joel/King with when he says the infamous "Wake Up".

Chances are, it's all three. And I fully expect that Joel is going to call Kitsune out on it on Monday, because even if Kitsune is being nice Joel/King has had enough working with Demigods for a lifetime. I'm almost hoping that Joel will say the words "Wake Up" sometimes during the whole debacle, and suddenly everyone does just that.

As for commenting on topics I saw broached in this thread... one one hand I really do want to know what Pete's story is. On the other hand I would I almost don't want it to be told since I know the one tale told won't match up to the dozen or so I have flying around my theory raddled brain. Most involve Pete having taken the plunge into a mortal life before. It honestly makes a lot of sense from what little we've seen both here and in the trip into the dungeon. When a mortal lives a mortal life and dies, they presumably get a happy ending. When a (demi)god lives a mortal life and dies... they just become a (demi)god again. It gets a lot more dramatic from there, but this paragraph has dragged on long enough as is.

But yeah, that's about it. Don't know if I'll be commenting much, so I'll just add it's been a [censored] fun right getting here.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welcome to the forums Benjamin! :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Why are people so obsessed with Bailey getting pregnant? It will happen, I just hope that it doesn't happen for a while.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Why are people so obsessed with Bailey getting pregnant? It will happen, I just hope that it doesn't happen for a while.
Maybe, instead of having Bailey get pregnant, she and King adopt instead? But yeah, having her get pregnant RIGHT AFTER the game is a bit silly.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

They shouldn't have children right away is what I'm saying.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Benjamin_Mahir wrote:Congratulations. The storyline has gotten so intriguing that I not only had to read the comic, but also register for the boards.
+1 Login and Password to my internet footprint

But yeah, the biggest thing I have to say on this strip in particular is... I have a feeling that this is a twist on the old Gypsy Switch. Kitsune has one plan, be it the only one he wants to do or the only one he's allowed to do by the rules of Heaven is up for debate. By giving King a choice... well it's for two possible reasons. One: he wants to give Joel/King a sense of gratification for choosing wisely. Two: as a mischief maker Kitsune thrives on the anxiety even when he's doing good. ...and as a bonus third, he just needs to know what artifact to leave Joel/King with when he says the infamous "Wake Up".

Chances are, it's all three. And I fully expect that Joel is going to call Kitsune out on it on Monday, because even if Kitsune is being nice Joel/King has had enough working with Demigods for a lifetime. I'm almost hoping that Joel will say the words "Wake Up" sometimes during the whole debacle, and suddenly everyone does just that.

As for commenting on topics I saw broached in this thread... one one hand I really do want to know what Pete's story is. On the other hand I would I almost don't want it to be told since I know the one tale told won't match up to the dozen or so I have flying around my theory raddled brain. Most involve Pete having taken the plunge into a mortal life before. It honestly makes a lot of sense from what little we've seen both here and in the trip into the dungeon. When a mortal lives a mortal life and dies, they presumably get a happy ending. When a (demi)god lives a mortal life and dies... they just become a (demi)god again. It gets a lot more dramatic from there, but this paragraph has dragged on long enough as is.

But yeah, that's about it. Don't know if I'll be commenting much, so I'll just add it's been a [censored] fun right getting here.
First off, Welcome to the boards, Ben. :)

Second, I completely agree with the bold statement. Although, to slightly counter-act, in order for the whole "Wake Up" treatment to work, wouldn't they all have to be in their Cosmic World/Dimension? I'd imagine he'd probably call out GK and his Gifts, then proceed to start walking away from his offer, until GK comes clean about the trick, because even he would probably want Joel/King to make the right decision. Unfortunately, he's too much of a trickster to fully show it.
Last edited by MrBlueSky7 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Leomon2004 wrote:Unlikely. First off, if the game never existed then he never would've become King in the first place. Secondly, to quote Kitsune from the 3rd panel "You needn't worry about those you met in this life, as they will not remember you." So if he does chose to remain human then "King" would get erased from existance and nobody that he came in contact with as King would remember him. Whether or not he would retain the memories he made as King is a different matter.

Also, since Joel is/was King, how would Joel having King as his pet work?
Ever since Pete interfered with Joel's life, King existed. If Joel turned down either path, he would be hurting in some way, which is the problem.

The way it works in my belief is that since Joel and King are the same person, it's perfectly possible that King and Joel can have their own identities despite being the same person. They are a dog and a human, afterall, it ends up making life much different than one would expect, even if it's the same mind.

I also think the idea of Joel and King having their own identities is the key feature that The Great Kitsune is trying to test Joel about. Either decision he makes, he'll feel hurt. I could be drastically wrong, of course, but I feel like this theory isn't too far off.

That, or the most humorous and out of left field option I can think of is real : Kitsune is trying to decide whether to make Joel or King his avatar for a entirely different game that we won't know about and is going to let Joel decide who he'll be so he can claim the other identity for his own. Can I say sneaky? :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Argent

Post by Argent »

He could always take both. Recent work in analyzing the grandfather paradox suggests an "out" for Joel/King.

If he bases his decision on an event with quantum probability P(ρ) of exactly 50% , then his ongoing state vector will have exactly half its magnitude in each result space, so P(human) and P(dog) have equal amplitude. Since these are such distinct states, the universe will effectively split into two worlds, one of which has P(human)=1 and P(dog)=0 (which we call U(J)), and the other P(human)=0 and P(dog)=1 (which we call U(K)) in pair of timelines U([JK]).

The only question is whether the Cosmic plane is part of or outside the system U(*). In the latter case, the meta-system C(*) will incorporate both future ongoing states (so there is only one timeline C(0)) and Joel may meet King in Heaven in the future. In the former C([JK]) will end up in two states C(J) and C(K) and they will never meet.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Why are people so obsessed with Bailey getting pregnant? It will happen, I just hope that it doesn't happen for a while.

Probably because King would fit just about all the typical sitcom expectant father tropes in the book.
falcon01

Post by falcon01 »

I have a thought, everyone is worried about the story line after King/Joel's choice...I'm not, there is still Keen's quest to fulfill his owner/father's wishes, and I doubt the end of the cosmic game here will change that. He has some of Pete's mana still, and perhaps that will retain it's power even while big blue is mortal. he could conceivably come back for it someday.
"They say in the darkest night there's a light beyond"
andwhyisit

Post by andwhyisit »

The objects' natures betray their chosen destinies. The watch represents fate. The lamp hides it's bearer from divine machination. It is simple enough to determine that since the dog option is free from determined fate and divine machination, while the reverse is true for human option, then the dog option is clearly represented by the lamp.
colliefan

Post by colliefan »

Has anyone thought that is King becomes Joel again that maybe Bailey will become human too?
But we all know what's going to happen, he's going to want to remain a dog.
Colliefan, the name says it all.
Formerly SP.
Badcompany1477

Post by Badcompany1477 »

What if there was a twist ending where Joel chooses to go back to being human, is sent back in time, takes on the name surname Milton, and sets up the events that would lead to the decision in the first place. I think it would make sense considering that in the past his criminal record would not exist since he was either to young to have one on not even born yet. Obviously the Milton fortune is extremely large and some might even say to large, as if some mystical being granted him his every wish. People would not remember him in that time because he simply did not exist yet. Milton was also a bachelor meaning that Joel could still hold Bailey in his heart.
Man is an animal that makes bargains: no other animal does this - no dog exchanges bones with another.- Adam Smith
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

colliefan wrote:Has anyone thought that is King becomes Joel again that maybe Bailey will become human too?
But we all know what's going to happen, he's going to want to remain a dog.
Kitsune does not mention that in the description of the outcome. It states clearly that Bailey would in fact not even know of him if he chose to remain human. Everyones memories are wiped so i assume Bailey stays a dog.
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

So Rick lied then? He promised a happy ending, and neither of these are actually happy. They're false happiness, like false hope given. Urgh, if it wasn't for the "no real life stuff" on sites like this because people a babies about having things compared to something that makes them feel uncomfortable I'd go on a rant...but what's the point. Rick doesn#t care what any of us say because if he did, then he'd stop with the poor story telling. Funny page/arc, serious arc with dramatic event that...isn't really all that, funny page/arc, serious arc with dramatic event. Being serious doesn't means something dramatic has to happen, and yet every single serious bit of story has something dramatic happen. WHy did Fido have to be publicly outed as a cat lover with his love on the line, why couldn't he and Sabrina just come out together with confidence? Because Rick can't actually tell a good story he can only do dramatic events and comedy.

Mod Edit:This, folks is now how you offer critical viewpoints here. Take note that this is the 'wrong' way
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Haru Totetsu wrote:So Rick lied then? He promised a happy ending, and neither of these are actually happy. They're false happiness, like false hope given. Urgh, if it wasn't for the "no real life stuff" on sites like this because people a babies about having things compared to something that makes them feel uncomfortable I'd go on a rant...but what's the point. Rick doesn#t care what any of us say because if he did, then he'd stop with the poor story telling. Funny page/arc, serious arc with dramatic event that...isn't really all that, funny page/arc, serious arc with dramatic event. Being serious doesn't means something dramatic has to happen, and yet every single serious bit of story has something dramatic happen. WHy did Fido have to be publicly outed as a cat lover with his love on the line, why couldn't he and Sabrina just come out together with confidence? Because Rick can't actually tell a good story he can only do dramatic events and comedy.
Maybe there's an outcome nobody thought of yet that only Rick knows AND it is a happy ending?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

So... King continuing to be King as we have known him since December of 2009, continuing to live in Babylon Gardens with his friends and his wife is not a happy ending to you? :|
Part of what I like about this comic is that Rick doesn't sacrifice character for story. Fido choosing to oust himself as a cat lover was actually a very brave choice because of the overall backlash from his society. But because Fido truly does love Sabrina, he decided to do it anyway. And in this arc, we finally got through the crusty outer layer of Pete's shell to find that he is jaded because the pathetic mortals are the ones who get the happy endings. No one is so simple that they can be understood at first meeting (except possibly Daisy, though time may tell). I love the depth that Rick brings to these characters while still keeping the uniqueness and consistency amongst them.
Take for instance "The Unbearable Lightness of Being a Dog", Bailey and King get in an argument in a very natural way because of their personalities. King is upset at what Bailey's owners did to her, and Bailey is trying to look at the positive. And rather than the standard stereotypical sitcom style of allowing the argument to completely throw all rational discussion and thought out the window and then having some dramatic get together again, they argue until things come to a head and then move past it with barely any fanfare at all.
And in "THE GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL" we see Max's insecurity throughout the entire arc, and when confronted with Dragon's crybaby attitude over not getting her way, all the repressed frustrations burst out of him. Then afterward, Grape comes through for Max as a good friend. Dragon's crybaby attitude and her series of choices that led up to the situation were there as a reveal to the audience to show that she is not a perfect being, and the downpour was also there for humor, but again not at the expense of character.
That's why I really love Housepets!. The characters shine through.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Obbl wrote:So... King continuing to be King as we have known him since December of 2009, continuing to live in Babylon Gardens with his friends and his wife is not a happy ending to you? :|
Part of what I like about this comic is that Rick doesn't sacrifice character for story. Fido choosing to oust himself as a cat lover was actually a very brave choice because of the overall backlash from his society. But because Fido truly does love Sabrina, he decided to do it anyway. And in this arc, we finally got through the crusty outer layer of Pete's shell to find that he is jaded because the pathetic mortals are the ones who get the happy endings. No one is so simple that they can be understood at first meeting (except possibly Daisy, though time may tell). I love the depth that Rick brings to these characters while still keeping the uniqueness and consistency amongst them.
Take for instance "The Unbearable Lightness of Being a Dog", Bailey and King get in an argument in a very natural way because of their personalities. King is upset at what Bailey's owners did to her, and Bailey is trying to look at the positive. And rather than the standard stereotypical sitcom style of allowing the argument to completely throw all rational discussion and thought out the window and then having some dramatic get together again, they argue until things come to a head and then move past it with barely any fanfare at all.
And in "THE GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL" we see Max's insecurity throughout the entire arc, and when confronted with Dragon's crybaby attitude over not getting her way, all the repressed frustrations burst out of him. Then afterward, Grape comes through for Max as a good friend. Dragon's crybaby attitude and her series of choices that led up to the situation were there as a reveal to the audience to show that she is not a perfect being, and the downpour was also there for humor, but again not at the expense of character.
That's why I really love Housepets!. The characters shine through.
amen to that!^^
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

I'd like to remind everyone to remain respectful and polite when they state their viewpoints. Got it?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Haru Totetsu wrote:So Rick lied then? He promised a happy ending, and neither of these are actually happy. They're false happiness, like false hope given. Urgh, if it wasn't for the "no real life stuff" on sites like this because people a babies about having things compared to something that makes them feel uncomfortable I'd go on a rant...but what's the point. Rick doesn#t care what any of us say because if he did, then he'd stop with the poor story telling. ... Rick can't actually tell a good story he can only do dramatic events and comedy.
There are just a couple of things I wanted to touch on. We don't have a prohibition on "real life stuff," but we do have a set of discussion guidelines which preclude such things as calling other users babies and liars and generally insulting them.

Whether a given outcome constitutes a "happy ending" for the character(s) involved is not actually dependent on whether you feel it is the best possibility for said character(s). The author knows his character(s) best, I daresay.

If you're going through a rough patch and need to talk some things out, I'm sure you'll find many supportive members in the Not the Comic section.

Cheers!

Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

If you don't like the path the storyline is taking, then say so. Otherwise, there is a point that the author is making a point in having the story go that way.
Mini-rant done. Kitsune is probably expecting Joel/King to think that the paths are switched to the other object, and therefore did not switch them. I wonder if Fox will get anything out of this. Probably not. :|
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.