people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Iceheart

Re: 2014/10/03 - Meanwhile In Heaven

Post by Iceheart »

I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Rick has now made me love P & D more. And he has also pumped me up for next week. SO MUCH AWESOME! :P
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I have to admit I considered that a possibility for a little bit but dismissed it as being too silly of a twist.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

I can understand Petes fear of the unknown....yet the thing is none of that fear will metter as once he and Dragon go through the portal and forget their demigod lives until their morta lives are up.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

When this comic comes to a conclusion someday, I hope we get to see them again. :(

Can't wait for what happens afterwards all the same, though. Hope we don't figure it out so soon X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hm, the Portal To Mortality looks a lot like a Stargate in a way.
That would be cool if mortality changes Pete..maybe not anything TO drastic but maybe show him that you can't have everything your way.
I swear Pete's shirt in the third panel looked like a symbol from the Serious Sam games...or maybe that's because I've been playing them too much.
Finally, the 5th panel could make a great image for a Meat Loaf song!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Okay, I'm calm now and I just realized that Pete's shirt changed it's graphic panel 3
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Looks like Dragon and Pete can't be shipped after all. *cough*Karl*cough* :lol: I sort of guessed they were siblings from the sign on Dragon's door. (I guess that means I was qualified to click the link. :P )

I like that they're getting along, now that they're not mortal enemies locked in a competition.
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
RemonyRavine

Post by RemonyRavine »

I squeed from how adorable this strip is.

Just watching Pete being so vulnerable like this makes me like him a great deal. Well...here's to seeing those two in another life.
Dissension wrote:I'll miss you, Pete. *cries*
*weeps with you* Word...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

GameCobra wrote:When this comic comes to a conclusion someday, I hope we get to see them again. :(
I hope that the "no weird time junk" rule of the game didn't apply to its consequences, and we'll have mortal Pete and Dragon as regular (or at least semi-regular) characters.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Perpetualflight

Post by Perpetualflight »

Gosh darn you Rick, just because I had not the slightest suspicion that those two were siblings, I had to go use the forums button and trek my way all the way to this discussion! Thanks for the index finger work-out Rick! :lol:
Just wanna say... AWESOME. There, I said it.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

Read something about it a while ago, I never give any kind of credit and still didnt expected it. So, they will go to mortality like siblings too? :O
Interesting arc so far, we are seeing a lot of character and learning a little more about them, I like that.
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Post by Mistacheeeez »

Douglas Collier wrote:Looks like Dragon and Pete can't be shipped after all. :lol: I sort of guessed they were siblings from the sign on Dragon's door.
I always thought that sign was weird for non-siblings, well I guess I know why now! :D
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The willowing void beckons them in,
shaking reality in its path to a new home.
A new world, subject to war, death and sin;
a world where tainted Humanity becomes known..
The future path they will tread now unwritten
the children step forth, away from the godlight.
Into the sullen black, their past overwitten
as Gods can never go into the dark night.
Will we see them again, these paragons of players?
Will they be, finally, mortally free of the game?
One thing's for sure, as they part with families hand;
Life is a new thing for them, immortality... is not the same.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Well, chapeau to the author: This single strip makes sure that now we're enthralled into seeing them again ASAP and with renewed interest 8-)
WireWolf

Post by WireWolf »

.....Well...That was unexpected yet touching. O.o
Now I REALLY hope they're memories don't get locked.
What are they then but Brutes? ‘Tis vice alone that constitutes. Th’enchanting wand and magic bowl,
The exterior form of Man they wear,But are in fact both Wolf and Bear,
The transformation’s in the Soul.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Many things have gotten some type of reaction from me in this comic. It may be "oh, that's interesting," "that's pretty cool," "neat twist," or just "wow."

Rick, this is the first time I was literally slack-jawed at how the story went. Now that is quite the accomplishment.

But from what I've seen of siblings of opposite gender (I'm the younger of two brothers, myself, so don't have first-hand experience), it makes so much more sense. But it is very nice to see that despite the way these two were during the game, Dragon still cares for Pete.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
falcon01

Post by falcon01 »

:shock: wait....whut? Siblings? that would explain a heck of a lot! (and it exploded my brain too)
"They say in the darkest night there's a light beyond"
WireWolf

Post by WireWolf »

D-Rock wrote:Many things have gotten some type of reaction from me in this comic. It may be "oh, that's interesting," "that's pretty cool," "neat twist," or just "wow."

Rick, this is the first time I was literally slack-jawed at how the story went. Now that is quite the accomplishment.

But from what I've seen of siblings of opposite gender (I'm the younger of two brothers, myself, so don't have first-hand experience), it makes so much more sense. But it is very nice to see that despite the way these two were during the game, Dragon still cares for Pete.
It also puts the game in a whole new light. As well as why neither one was willing to back down at all.
What are they then but Brutes? ‘Tis vice alone that constitutes. Th’enchanting wand and magic bowl,
The exterior form of Man they wear,But are in fact both Wolf and Bear,
The transformation’s in the Soul.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

And then they eventually died...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.....
Just an Arc
raxim42

Post by raxim42 »

Aaaawwww now that we probably won't see them again I want more of them. Also, I never saw that coming or even considered the possibility. Blew my mind. Well done Rick.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

huh the two are siblings....wait...if these two are siblings....could it be that Kitsune is also their brother or cousin? :shock:
valerio

Post by valerio »

...and it explains a lot why dragon was a jerk in her own way and played along with Petey.
Timon64

Post by Timon64 »

ArcWolf wrote:And then they eventually died...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.....

Your profile pic animation is pretty much my reaction to this strip...just...wow... :shock:
Good stuff Rick! :D
....Count on it!
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Xane wrote:Vhat a tweest!
That's what I was gonna post after reading the strip.

Well, now that it's confirmed that they are siblings, will they stick together as siblings in mortality? Here comes the theory again about them being King and Bailey's offspring.
Felixthestoat

Post by Felixthestoat »

Is he referring to "Love" as an emotion worse than fear? And she's going to be his sister in the mortal life, right, and she isn't in their world(Heaven?)
Silverseren

Post by Silverseren »

I have a question regarding the previous comic page and the ensuing discussion thread. I don't know if i'm allowed to post in the old threads and it doesn't appear that anyone comments in them again anyways once a new thread is made anyways, so i'd probably never get a response. So my question will be here.

Why has it been automatically assumed that the two angel dogs are girls? Or...anything about their gender period? It was something that happened in the old discussion threads the first time they showed up as characters as well (along with them being given stereotypical names based on their colors? *shrugs*).

Was it mentioned somewhere that I missed that they were both girls or anything about either of them at all?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Silverseren wrote:I have a question regarding the previous comic page and the ensuing discussion thread. I don't know if i'm allowed to post in the old threads and it doesn't appear that anyone comments in them again anyways once a new thread is made anyways, so i'd probably never get a response. So my question will be here.

Why has it been automatically assumed that the two angel dogs are girls? Or...anything about their gender period? It was something that happened in the old discussion threads the first time they showed up as characters as well (along with them being given stereotypical names based on their colors? *shrugs*).

Was it mentioned somewhere that I missed that they were both girls or anything about either of them at all?
because, unless funny dramatic twist occurs, Fox is hetero and wouldn't have gone all casanova with boys.
Silverseren

Post by Silverseren »

valerio wrote:because, unless funny dramatic twist occurs, Fox is hetero and wouldn't have gone all casanova with boys.
Based on...what? And i'm not saying they are both boys, one could be a girl and the other a boy or any other possibility. My question is, where was definitive evidence about them given whatsoever? If Rick said it, then that would be fine, but I think assuming such things without such confirmation from him is wrong toward the characters. I mean, as far as I can tell, he hasn't written a single pronoun directed at either of them, not even in the alt text.
pokeblue

Post by pokeblue »

Whoa, these two are related?! Did not see that coming; but, looking back at that strip Douglas Collier shared, that does make more sense. :roll: I guess it didn't cross my mind since some of my buddies are kinda like that, they'll just go into your room without much say so (of course, they do wait till they're invited over first before they do, and usually it's if the room's owner is in there already). I guess my buddies and myself are just weirdly trusting of each other like that.
HundKatzeMaus wrote:huh the two are siblings....wait...if these two are siblings....could it be that Kitsune is also their brother or cousin? :shock:
That's actually a very interesting thought...
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Silverseren wrote:

I believe if you look closely they both have eyelashes. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... cteristics
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

I must say, I am honestly surprised at the revelation that they were siblings. now I feel a lot more sympathy for both of them after this comic.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Silverseren

Post by Silverseren »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Silverseren wrote:

I believe if you look closely they both have eyelashes. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... cteristics

Would there even be a point to pointing out that that's kinda sexist? :|

Edit: Heck, even the TVTropes page discusses how it's sexist at a decent length.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Silverseren wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Silverseren wrote:

Edit: Heck, even the TVTropes page discusses how it's sexist at a decent length.
Well, by definition any illustrative shorthand would have to be if not sexist at least stereotypical, or else people wouldn't pick up on them on a subconscious level. For instance the early 'Grape is a girl' arc wouldn't have been such a surprise had Grape started out with eyelashes like the other first female characters Daisy, Sabrina, and Sasha had. The no eyelashes look lead readers to assume she was a boy, and after her sex was established that she was a tomboyish character. I don't think she gained eyelashes until around the time it was established that Max was her boyfriend. I seem to remember a strip where Peanut lampshades the eyebrow issue, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.
Arthas972

Post by Arthas972 »

Dissension wrote:[ Meanwhile In Heaven ]

Title Text: The end of me would deal a very severe loss to me

I'll miss you, Pete. *cries*

Yeah...for now. I can't wait to see him as a human :D
Buretsu

Post by Buretsu »

ArcWolf wrote:And then they eventually died...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.....
And then went back to being immortal, I presume.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Silveseren wrote:....................

No, there would be no point to that. Eyelashes are a visual sex cue in Housepets! It's an established part of the art style dating back more than six years which Rick's subverted - Grape Jelly Sandwich only has visible eyebrows when gussied up. If you're unwilling to accept less than Rick's own word, I can confirm the characters you posted about are female.

Regarding Fox's sexual orientation, he's heterosexual and there's never been evidence in the comic of any romantic interest in the same gender.

Finally, to address your first concern, yes you are able (and strongly encouraged!) to post in each comic's discussion thread. You'll notice each thread is related to a given strip, as you've said yourself. Folks do post in topics for older strips, so don't worry about lack of interest.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Argent

Post by Argent »

Douglas Collier wrote:I like that they're getting along, now that they're not mortal enemies locked in a competition.
They weren't mortal enemies, though, that's the point. They were immortal enemies.

You know, many years ago I was working on a video game where the whole "multiple lives" schtick was explained by having your player character be a clone, and save-points were where your clone uploaded its memories for the next clone to use after it died. The game itself died when the company went under (there was a lot of that going on back then), and the code is long lost, but I now realize the ideal name for it if it had ever gone to press. "IMMORTAL KOMBAT". Original, huh?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
jaime117d

Post by jaime117d »

Hmm, well this completely kills my whole pete and dragon ship.
then again, I think that Rick's decision makes far more sense than this game being a lovers' quarrel; Wait a minute, this is the same argument against grapenut! :o
https://www.fanfiction.net/~jaime117d is my fanfition account, if you feel like reading my stories then don't be suprised at the rather...lackluster...sheen to them