2014/10/03 - Meanwhile In Heaven

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2014/10/03 - Meanwhile In Heaven

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Dear God if that is true, do not let Fox fall in love with her. I need him for Sasha or if he becomes buff and more handsome my character!
Argent

Post by Argent »

And so, all fan-fictions for Pete and Spirit Dragon were destroyed that day everyone realized that they were siblings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF8HgstqG5U
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Here comes your new destiny as mortals. :) Take it with serenity and philosophy, will be good for you. ;) Yeah, Spirit Dragon is right, this new life is certainly going to change you in a better person, Pete (the same is for you too, Spirit Dragon). :P Hopefully, Pete won't remember to still have to stay with a company judged worse than fear. ;)
Huh, they're siblings, what a discovery... :D In effect, their quarrels have always been like between brother and sister, between two people who know each other very well. :P
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Aaahhhh. Their debate was caused in part by sibling rivalry. Now to see what species they become. I see Spira as either a cat or a wolf. Have I mentioned how lovely Spira looks.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

Yeah, come to think of it, "Pete and Dragon become Peanut and Grape" would get pretty awkward, since Dragon was crushing so hard on Peanut.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Arvetis wrote:Yeah, come to think of it, "Pete and Dragon become Peanut and Grape" would get pretty awkward, since Dragon was crushing so hard on Peanut.
Not only that, but Grape and Peanut did kiss.

But even if Spira and Pete weren't Grape and Peanut, it would still be weird considering Grape and Peanut grew up as Brother and... Brother? Didn't Peanut learn that Grape was a chick just a few years ago?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Grape kissed Peanut on the cheek, but that was out of sisterly love. Not once have they actually kissed. I think a little archive reviewing will be enlightening.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

Say, what if their mortal forms were like a cat and a dog or something like that: there could be maybe a few "Adventures of Milo and Otis" references next week.
Shadowstar23 wrote:Aaahhhh. Their debate was caused in part by sibling rivalry. Now to see what species they become. I see Spira as either a cat or a wolf. Have I mentioned how lovely Spira looks.
I' with you She looks awesome, I use to love her before Kitsune stole the #1 spot of favorite immortal. I'm hoping she becomes a wolf though; Mainly because that's my favorite animal.
Douglas Collier wrote:Looks like Dragon and Pete can't be shipped after all. *cough*Karl*cough* :lol: I sort of guessed they were siblings from the sign on Dragon's door. (I guess that means I was qualified to click the link. :P )

I like that they're getting along, now that they're not mortal enemies locked in a competition.
Me too, it's kind of a realistic reaction. Not just as family love having them stick together, but since they will have little to nothing to start out with they might have to stick together for them best of each other.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

They where just a brother and sister... playing a game... and Pete is just acting like a little brother would in that scenario...
Now I feel like a jerk!

That actually makes everything make sense when you look back at... everything, looks like this is one of the few twists the community couldn't discover and cling onto until it was revealed! :lol: Well played Rick, and well written! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

There might still be hope for Dragon and Pete if they only live under the same roof and are only pet siblings. Likewise since Grape and Peanut aren't blood siblings and only pet siblings, yes they can still get together.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:There might still be hope for Dragon and Pete if they only live under the same roof and are only pet siblings. Likewise since Grape and Peanut aren't blood siblings and only pet siblings, yes they can still get together.
Except Pete and Dragon where siblings. Just cause they won't remember it doesn't make it appropriate. I mean, think about when their sentence ends, and they find out they where actual siblings.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Shadowstar23 wrote:Grape kissed Peanut on the cheek, but that was out of sisterly love. Not once have they actually kissed. I think a little archive reviewing will be enlightening.
*sigh* The Grapenut thing has confused me. I forgot :b
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

MrNeonShot wrote: Didn't Peanut learn that Grape was a chick just a few years ago?
Yep
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comics/2 ... owhere.png
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

That last panel at the end where Pete mentions bringing up emotions more worse than fear and Dragon agrees, I do hope that was just their last sliver of Pride talking. I don't think either should feel ashamed of how they're really feeling, despite the sentence they're ready to carry out. Or maybe it's just their (Demi)God-like egos that hold them back from having sense and feeling, something they know they have deep down inside.

Also, I'm glad Cerb gave them their space (or better yet, wasn't there at all), and didn't attempt to ruin the moment, like cut them off mid sentence and push them in or something.
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

max7345 wrote:or a really close friend who likes to tease.
for example: Kitsune in the above linked comic

I want to know if kitsune was friends with one of them before meeting the other, and if so, which one? was he Pete's friend then made friends with Dragon or is he Dragon's fiend and Pete started as the annoying tag along cause mom said to include him in their games?

plot twist: he's their brother too.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Timon64

Post by Timon64 »

Kinda astounding how it is now shown that these two "demi-gods" are actually capable of familial care towards one another and actually know how it feels to be loved and be there for the other yet, over the course of the comic have been at neck's length with each other trying to win their game by all means necessary, not caring whose mortal lives they had to wreck or manipulate as long as their agendas were achieved. We all know Pete's deal with messing with King's marriage by still making one of them fight and then Dragon's deal messing with Sabrina and Tarot therefore, complicating Fido's and Peanut's relationship to them tho im sure the latter didn't mind too much most of the time. :lol:
I don't know just amazes me how they can act like this now after all they have done. I know they apologized but i kinda wish Rick dedicated a strip to them apologizing to the avatars alone, just to see the reactions to this and if they forgave them or not and then maybe if they ended on nice terms with each other, would make this newest strip feel more organic imo. Tho It does seem that they have learned their lesson so all is cool. Mortality here they come! :)
Last edited by Timon64 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
....Count on it!
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

Guys, no one is asking the important question! How does Pete's shirt change?! I think it's the theme of what he is talking about? He is talking about mortality, so his shirt has a watch - like the watch King was given. But then when he gets angry, it changes to what I THINK is an exclamation point (can't see the whole shirt ^^; ) But I just think the shirt change is interesting, and I don't think I noticed it happening before.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Well, it's only been in pretty much every comic with Pete's shirt. ;) Though I think with all that's been going on this past arc, not noticing the shirt change would be a minor miss :D
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sundancer wrote:I THINK is an exclamation point (can't see the whole shirt ^^; ) But I just think the shirt change is interesting, and I don't think I noticed it happening before.
The exclamation point is actually a caution or warning sign.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Pete borrows shirts from Jade Harley. Clearly.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That makes more sense to me than why Sleet's avatar keeps changing.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Haru Totetsu wrote:Also...what's Kitsune then? Their mom? Dad? Great Aunt? Just a friend?
Maybe he's that one uncle that everyone loves. 8-)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Or he could not be related to them at all.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Plot Twist: Pete and Dragon's parents are actually a male red dragon and a female Orange and purple Gryphon.

Henceforth ~ By believing in this theory, you agree to the terms and agreements of this post and will wake up in your post afterwards, saving this plot paradox from awakening :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

Obbl wrote:Pete's
Ahaha, I never caught the Blade Runner reference before.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
max7345 wrote:or a really close friend who likes to tease.
for example: Kitsune in the above linked comic

I want to know if kitsune was friends with one of them before meeting the other, and if so, which one? was he Pete's friend then made friends with Dragon or is he Dragon's fiend and Pete started as the annoying tag along cause mom said to include him in their games?

plot twist: he's their brother too.
The older cool jock brother who likes to play tricks on people.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Douglas Collier wrote:Looks like Dragon and Pete can't be shipped after all. *cough*Karl*cough* :lol: I sort of guessed they were siblings from the sign on Dragon's door. (I guess that means I was qualified to click the link. :P )

I like that they're getting along, now that they're not mortal enemies locked in a competition.
Hey now, this doesn't mean they can't be shipped, it means they will only be shipped by the really weird people. :D

Also, that has never stopped Grapenut, there are some great stories on that (like one linked in my signature). We also don't know how higher beings are related, and in what way. So maybe it is that all are related? Or that they are not biological? Or something?

I do ship Grapenut though. Am I one of those really weird people I mentioned?
Dissension wrote:For six years, I've shipped Grape with Joey. :3
I HAVE NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS! And now that I have, I love it :D
I didn't even think about it while reading Housepets the Series.

I guess this is what being camping since 5pm on Friday will do. No time at all after school to go on computer, having to wait 2 days, and getting a stockpile of posts which I sometimes get bored with reading. I need to be more active here in the next week to make up for it :D Not to mention the night before next comic, not many people will see this :/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:That makes more sense to me than why Sleet's avatar keeps changing.
I also am friends with Jade Harley. And Pete. Who is Dissension. Who is also Rick. Who is me.

Who is also Michelle Obama, actually.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think my head is about to-*Ka-BOOM*
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Sleet wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:That makes more sense to me than why Sleet's avatar keeps changing.
I also am friends with Jade Harley. And Pete. Who is Dissension. Who is also Rick. Who is me.

BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS CHUCK NORRIS WHO WAS REALLY NICOLAS CAGE!

What are we talking about again?
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

dtlux1 wrote:
Sleet wrote:

BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS CHUCK NORRIS WHO WAS REALLY NICOLAS CAGE!

What are we talking about again?
Um...I think we were talking about how cute King is? I don't know, I kinda lost track in this thread :?: :?: :?:
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Don't look at me. This thread made my head explode.