2014/10/10 - Jiggity Jig

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Argent

Re: 2014/10/10 - Jiggity Jig

Post by Argent »

valerio wrote:
Argent wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Haven't seem Tarot on a cellphone so much until the last arc, but a cellphone is to Tarot like a DS is to Peanut. I wonder what would happen if they switched portable devices?
You know how hard it is to use a capacitive screen with claws?
quite less difficult now that said claws are no longer immense
Claws aren't conductive. You need a real keyboard or a stylus.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Not sure how claws have anything to do with how they use their DS and cellphones. I'm sure they don't want to scratch up the devices =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Timon64

Post by Timon64 »

Xane wrote:"To make up for only getting in 50 cat naps a day on the boat... I need at least 60!"

If you want an enthusiastic welcome you simply need to neglect to tell your significant other anything significant about your life or where you are headed or what you are doing or who you really are.
Dang....classic Sabrina, always worrying that poor dog to death :lol:
Makes ya realize how much better structured Tarot and Peanut's relationship is compared to theirs, lease they communicate!
RemonyRavine wrote:
Wolfbane wrote:Great job Rick, Now I want to slap Tarot. :|
I like how whenever Tarot shows a bit of annoyance in a situation that calls for it people jump on the hate bandwagon.
I know right? :( I don't get the dislike either. Im sure anyone would feel just abit...jelly...*dodges bricks*, if they didn't get nowhere near the same treatment as a friend did with their beau, and right in front of their face at that.

But even still, her mood is all played for laughs anyway, her deadpan mood is a perfect platform for some hilarious Peanut goofball replies. Kinda reminds me of his times alone with Grape to be honest. Its logical for Peanut to be calm since he knew at all times that Tarot was alright thanks to their communication towards one-another, therefore Tarot should have been more understanding but that wouldn't have made for a funny strip now would it? ;) Anyways after some snuggles and a few relaxing playdates here and there, Im sure Tarot will feel much better! :D
Last edited by Timon64 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
....Count on it!
JamesWolf

Post by JamesWolf »

Man Tarot is just hooked to that phone isn't she. I wonder who she's txting.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

JamesWolf wrote:Man Tarot is just hooked to that phone isn't she. I wonder who she's txting.
She's txting Rick, isn't it obvious?
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I really like Fido in this strip! :lol:
InDaZone1219 wrote:
JamesWolf wrote:Man Tarot is just hooked to that phone isn't she. I wonder who she's txting.
Maybe she's texting Karishad. :P
Timon64

Post by Timon64 »

Saturn381 wrote:
InDaZone1219 wrote:
Maybe she's texting Karishad. :P

Aww man, she's been doing that alot lately hasn't she? Peanut, bro you'd better get to the bottom of that! What does the fox say? I think he says he's after your beau Peanut! :lol:
Last edited by Timon64 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....Count on it!
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

I was going to make a joke about Tarot reading the mail before she got home.. but the alt text did it for me!

Is the alt text... Psychic? ._.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Finally back home, indeed, and finally Fido is happy! Postpone the time for naps, Sabrina. :D Peanut, you fail even at welcoming! You care to give Tarot her mail as first thing? :lol: Tarot's exigence is understandable: a wagging tail is not enough, despite it's always nice to see. ;) I've the impression that Peanut reserves "glomp" hugs only to Grape... :P Funny alt-text, true story. :)
Eh, looks like Tarot is becoming a mobile phone dependent... ;) And, that car looks to be a limousine. :P
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Interesting....Fido took some tackling lessons from Kevin and it already paid off :lol:
I really like how we can see the usual calm and mature Fido more like a puppy in love, makes him really adorable :lol:

I also like how Tarot and Peanut act, they act like a married couple :lol:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It's fun seeing the differing dynamic between the two couples.
HundKatzeMaus wrote:Interesting....Fido took some tackling lessons from Kevin and it already paid off :lol:
I really like how we can see the usual calm and mature Fido more like a puppy in love, makes him really adorable :lol:

I also like how Tarot and Peanut act, they act like a married couple :lol:
And they're not even married yet. Good head start.
Timon64 wrote:
Xane wrote:"To make up for only getting in 50 cat naps a day on the boat... I need at least 60!"

If you want an enthusiastic welcome you simply need to neglect to tell your significant other anything significant about your life or where you are headed or what you are doing or who you really are.
Dang....classic Sabrina, always worrying that poor dog to death :lol:
Makes ya realize how much better structured Tarot and Peanut's relationship is compared to theirs, lease they communicate!
RemonyRavine wrote:
Wolfbane wrote:Great job Rick, Now I want to slap Tarot. :|
I like how whenever Tarot shows a bit of annoyance in a situation that calls for it people jump on the hate bandwagon.
I know right? :( I don't get the dislike either. Im sure anyone would feel just abit...jelly...*gets bricked*, if they didn't get nowhere near the same treatment as a friend did with their beau, right in front of their face at that.

But even still, her mood is all played for laughs anyway, her deadpan mood is a perfect platform for some hilarious Peanut goofball replies. Kinda reminds me of his times alone with Grape to be honest. Its logical for Peanut to be calm since he knew at all times that Tarot was alright thanks to their communication towards one-another, therefore Tarot should have been more understanding but that wouldn't have made for a funny strip now would it? ;) Anyways after some snuggles and a few relaxing playdates here and there, Im sure Tarot will feel much better! :D
I noticed that we tend to get worked up really fast. Let's recall when Sabrina air-kicked Bailey during the battle. Granted, it was a cheap shot, but I didn't think she suddenly deserved title of worst character.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Tarot has alot of bills to pay...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh Peanut, you have a lot to learn. If the girl you are dating has a best friend whose boyfriend shows a lot of unbridled affection you got to try to top that.
Cataloochee

Post by Cataloochee »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Oh Peanut, you have a lot to learn. If the girl you are dating has a best friend whose boyfriend shows a lot of unbridled affection you got to try to top that.
*writes down advice for later use*
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

TheOne wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Great Kitsune: "'That's not a tail wag....THAT'S a tail wag! (wag) (wag) (wag) (wag) (wag) (wag) (wag) (wag) (wag)
...and Babylon Gardens is no more...
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:Is it me or is Peanut going through some changes? This is probably the first time, to my knowledge, he's not his usual self (if that makes sense)
I don't think this is out of character for him, it's just weird to see him not being the most enthusiastic in a given strip. Fido's love for Sabrina is stronger than Peanuts feelings (not 100% sure I'd call it love) for Tarot, so his enthusiasm upon their return makes Peanut's look a lot less. but he was still there to greet her, tail wagging.
I'm not sure I'd say Fido's stronger love is the reason for his reaction. It seems to me that his faith was weaker. Not getting religious here...just that Peanut had faith that Tarot would be okay (or that she could take care of herself) where Fido wasn't so sure that Sabrina wouldn't come back without an appendage missing or something. Therefore, because of his faith, Peanut remained calm while his love was away while Fido was a nervous wreck. Hence the differing responses upon the return of Sab and Tar.

I wonder what the gargoyles are up to right now?
Or it could be because Peanut was talking to Tarot while she was away, but Fido had no contact :D
Argent wrote:
valerio wrote:
Argent wrote:You know how hard it is to use a capacitive screen with claws?
quite less difficult now that said claws are no longer immense
Claws aren't conductive. You need a real keyboard or a stylus.
Good thing the DS screen can be pressed with anything and still work :D
metaecho wrote:I was going to make a joke about Tarot reading the mail before she got home.. but the alt text did it for me!

Is the alt text... Psychic? ._.
YES IT IS! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Cataloochee wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Oh Peanut, you have a lot to learn. If the girl you are dating has a best friend whose boyfriend shows a lot of unbridled affection you got to try to top that.
*writes down advice for later use*
Can you write that down for me too? I am too lazy to do it :D
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Don't you just love how the inside of Peanut's ear changes color with his mood? ;) :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Douglas Collier wrote:Don't you just love how the inside of Peanut's ear changes color with his mood? ;) :P
What is going on, Peanut? :lol:
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

SuperStar wrote:
Miles the Wolf wrote:So is Tarot always going to have the battle-form-stripe-thingy over her eyes? Am I the only one who noticed this?
She's always had that, sometimes Rick just forgets to draw it.
I just checked the archives and Tarot's mask has been visible in each appearance of her face. Please don't make inaccurate claims.
InDaZone1219 wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:Don't you just love how the inside of Peanut's ear changes color with his mood? ;) :P
What is going on, Peanut? :lol:
Don't you just love nitpicking?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Dissension wrote:
SuperStar wrote:
Miles the Wolf wrote:So is Tarot always going to have the battle-form-stripe-thingy over her eyes? Am I the only one who noticed this?
I just checked the archives and Tarot's mask has been visible in each appearance of her face. Please don't make inaccurate claims.
I seem to recall Rick himself saying that he forgot to do it a few times. Or maybe it was that sometimes he doesn't make it as noticeable. Hrm...
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Peanut is so adorable. x3
Argent

Post by Argent »

dtlux1 wrote:Good thing the DS screen can be pressed with anything and still work :D
Yeh, it's an old style resistive screen designed for use with a stylus. Gives you a lot more fine control than a fingertip. Do they have multiplayer on the DS? If so Peanut's claws are likely a natural advantage.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Dissension wrote:
SuperStar wrote:
Hey now, before this current art style, I have never noticed that on Tarot's face :P I saw the new art style and thought, "Wait, that's Tarot? What's that on her face? :D
Argent wrote:
dtlux1 wrote:Good thing the DS screen can be pressed with anything and still work :D
Yeh, it's an old style resistive screen designed for use with a stylus. Gives you a lot more fine control than a fingertip. Do they have multiplayer on the DS? If so Peanut's claws are likely a natural advantage.
Yes, but only local as of May 20, still multiplayer though :D It is really fun in Mario Kart and Pokemon, and the minigames in Mario Party are great, and probably one of the only multiplayer games I own where I need to use the stylus. :D
Argent

Post by Argent »

dtlux1 wrote:
Argent wrote:
Yes, but only local as of May 20, still multiplayer though :D It is really fun in Mario Kart and Pokemon, and the minigames in Mario Party are great, and probably one of the only multiplayer games I own where I need to use the stylus. :D
If it were online multiplayer I could see something like this:

Grape: What's up with that? How come you win all the time?
Peanut: On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

Remember my comment on a previous strip "Separation Anxiety" when I made a comment of Peanut totally looking like he was in "My Love It Has Three Corners" in which i said his poor little heart was broken? Well on a second thought... I am not sure anymore. Ever since "THE GALLIFRAX PROTOCOLL" Tarot has been... well... Let's just say They don't seem to have a good relationship at all. In fact, Tarot may be too harsh on Peanut. And I was really expecting something else when she said the talk was about the game. Well, the way I see it, Peanut may not be too happy about seeing Tarot anymore...

Tho I don't expect them to break up like Sasha did with Bino. So far, my expectations were wrong and false, not even the longest calculation helped. But maybe... I can lose a last bet.
RemonyRavine

Post by RemonyRavine »

Vuk91 wrote:Remember my comment on a previous strip "Separation Anxiety" when I made a comment of Peanut totally looking like he was in "My Love It Has Three Corners" in which i said his poor little heart was broken? Well on a second thought... I am not sure anymore. Ever since "THE GALLIFRAX PROTOCOLL" Tarot has been... well... Let's just say They don't seem to have a good relationship at all. In fact, Tarot may be too harsh on Peanut. And I was really expecting something else when she said the talk was about the game. Well, the way I see it, Peanut may not be too happy about seeing Tarot anymore...

Tho I don't expect them to break up like Sasha did with Bino. So far, my expectations were wrong and false, not even the longest calculation helped. But maybe... I can lose a last bet.
The way I see it, it's simply a matter that their relationship isn't quite as lovey-dovey as your average relationship is.
Let's also remember that Spirit Dragon intervened in their relationship before, so that definitely put an awkward barrier of sorts--though regardless of that, Tarot still tried her best. The date in Gallifrax did all still go as planned...just with the surprise intervention at the end of the night. With Dragon out of Tarot's life now, the strain on hers and Peanut's relationship might finally be gone.

I wouldn't say at all that Peanut's not happy to see Tarot anymore, because he definitely still does look like he is happy in this strip--just...especially in comparison to Fido, it's not the sort of overjoyness one would think.

I dunno. We just need to see more genuine time between the two, I guess...though I don't think that'll happen exactly as planned seeing as this is a comedy, so there won't be a whole lot of room for smoochies or anything.

*sigh* I ramble too much about speculation. I might be too defensive too, because I personally adore their relationship, despite how weird it is (in fact, that's probably why I do like it so much). Let's at least take a moment to remember this lovely piece to reassure ourselves that all hope is not lost for the PeanutxTarot ship--it's still afloat!
Timon64

Post by Timon64 »

RemonyRavine wrote: *sigh* I ramble too much about speculation. I might be too defensive too, because I personally adore their relationship, despite how weird it is (in fact, that's probably why I do like it so much). Let's at least take a moment to remember this lovely piece to reassure ourselves that all hope is not lost for the PeanutxTarot ship--it's still afloat!
Ya know? I can tell you and me are gonna be good friends. I agree 110% with your thoughts on this relationship, I adore the uniqueness of it all, not to mention the limitless opportunities for growth it presents for both Peanut and Tarot as well thanks to their dynamics. Im sure now that the game is done, its smooth sailing from here.
TarNut is good to go! :D
Last edited by Timon64 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
....Count on it!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

At the end of the day if Rick (God forbid) decides to end the comic, I do believe that Grapenut will be end game. Not sure what will happen with Tarot, but as long as Mr. Furret keeps it going, it should be fine. I do need to have him do something about Kevsha though...
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Dissension wrote:
SuperStar wrote:
I am pretty sure I forgot to draw it in ONE appearance--I think her third appearance. Mostly because I was rushed and her design was still rather loose.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

We've summoned Rick...
Timon64

Post by Timon64 »

rickgriffin wrote: I am pretty sure I forgot to draw it in ONE appearance--I think her third appearance. Mostly because I was rushed and her design was still rather loose.
If i may, just gotta say dude, keep up the fantastic work with everything you're doing. You rock so hard man! :D
Last edited by Timon64 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....Count on it!
Argent

Post by Argent »

InDaZone1219 wrote:We've summoned Rick...
Phnglui mglwnafth Rick Griffin wghnagl fhtagn.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

As in a number of long-lived animated series, I tend to imagine the character design changes paralleling the growth and development of the characters themselves (everyone simply getting older).
InDaZone1219 wrote:We've summoned Rick...
Eternal Griffin, ARISE!
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Great to see they're back (a little bit faster than expected, but still a relief).

Anybody else wonder how they plan to use whatever bit of Magic they've got left in them? I'm betting they're gonna use it on the Gargoyles (that is, if Keene was able to hold them off long enough until his help arrives).
Blueaxel

Post by Blueaxel »

In case anyone wanted clarification on which page Tarot was missing her mask :D -> https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/09/ ... otherwise/
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Blueaxel wrote:In case anyone wanted clarification on which page Tarot was missing her mask :D -> https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/09/ ... otherwise/
That was a different Tarot... A Tarot of the past. *dramatic fade out*
Gabi

Post by Gabi »

Fido is just adorable! :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We've summed Rick? Oh my, I gotta take this chance before i lose it! Come here you! Pokeball go!"
RemonyRavine

Post by RemonyRavine »

Timon64 wrote:
RemonyRavine wrote: *sigh* I ramble too much about speculation. I might be too defensive too, because I personally adore their relationship, despite how weird it is (in fact, that's probably why I do like it so much). Let's at least take a moment to remember this lovely piece to reassure ourselves that all hope is not lost for the PeanutxTarot ship--it's still afloat!
Ya know? I can tell you and me are gonna be good friends. I agree 110% with your thoughts on this relationship, I adore the uniqueness of it all, not the mention the limitless opportunities for growth it presents for both Peanut and Tarot as well thanks to their dynamics. Im sure now that the game is done, its smooth sailing from here. TarNut is good to go! :D
Yay!
Amazee Dayzee wrote:At the end of the day if Rick (God forbid) decides to end the comic, I do believe that Grapenut will be end game.
Please no. Why would you even think that.
falcon01

Post by falcon01 »

Communication. Peanut and Tarot have it. King and Bailey have it in spades. Note that these 4 characters are seen on the phone many times. Sabrina and Fido, while much more physical, do spend a lot of time out of touch, at first because they were hiding it from others. I just feel Tarot and Peanut are far more comfortable and trusting in their relationship. For all we know Tarot was texting Peanut to let her know they were back. Now I will say Peanut did make the mistake of not being hyper excited to see Tarot after being apart, but I chalk that up to Peanut being Peanut, and not any indication of any problem in their relationship.
"They say in the darkest night there's a light beyond"
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

some guy wrote:I am pretty sure I forgot to draw it in ONE appearance--I think her third appearance. Mostly because I was rushed and her design was still rather loose.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other