2014/11/05 - All There In Black And White

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Argent

Re: 2014/11/05 - All There In Black And White

Post by Argent »

More often I suspect he goes "WAT? Where does THAT come from? What is this I don't even..."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Guys, the skunk is male. That settles that. Now then, his sexuality shouldn't bother anyone at all, because this is Housepets, which tends to be a cut above most furry stuff. I've said this once and will say it again, have a little faith that the writer and artist of this strip knows what he's doing. Now I trust there will be no more problems about various animal's sexualty in a funny animal strip, or I will be forced to break out my stick which is only a tad bit smaller then the stick Diss uses.

Howelfan, your on a fourm. Kindly stop signing your posts, we know who you are and you don't need to leak your RL name here.
dtlux1 wrote:
Dissension wrote:
dtlux1 wrote:ALSO! I HAVE A THEORY! What if Cory is Pete, in which case I should ship him (her?) with King.
King is both married and not gay. Let's not go overboard, y'all.
A few years ago, that ship may have worked...

Aww, that's no fun...

But ok, I'll try not to.
You will not try, you will do it.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Re: D'oh! Rowrbazzle!

Post by rickgriffin »

Perfesser_Bear wrote:(* sigh. *)

I sometimes wonder if Rick doesn't read the Forum, then crumple & toss a script he put together a year or so before, when one of us second-guesses a twist.
Why should I do that? There's so many theories being tossed around on the forum you can't claim that one person/a couple people guessing one way the script will go amounts to fans guessing it completely. I mean, you don't actually know for sure until it happens. And if you do guess it correctly, you get a confetti party!

What fan doesn't like a confetti party?

And also, I'm not sure what tragedy has befallen the strip that there happens to be a male character who is flirting uncomfortably with another male character. Surely this thing has never happened before in the history of silly cartoon fiction.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
yoshisman8

Post by yoshisman8 »

rickgriffin wrote:

I sometimes wonder if Rick doesn't read the Forum, then crumple & toss a script he put together a year or so before, when one of us second-guesses a twist.
Why should I do that? There's so many theories being tossed around on the forum you can't claim that one person/a couple people guessing one way the script will go amounts to fans guessing it completely. I mean, you don't actually know for sure until it happens. And if you do guess it correctly, you get a confetti party!

And also, I'm not sure what tragedy has befallen the strip that there happens to be a male character who is flirting uncomfortably with another male character. Surely this thing has never happened before in the history of silly cartoon fiction.
our god has spoken!
sorry i just had to
Foxstar wrote:
dtlux1 wrote: But ok, I'll try not to.
You will not try, you will do it.
bruh, this is dtlux1 we talking about, i dont think he'll be able to not make a fic about them at some point in time. the question is how long will it be until then :lol:

Mod Edit: Please do not double post. If you need to add new information to a thread and yours is the most recent reply, you may use the edit button in its upper-right corner.
"we're forever with"
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Confetti parties for everyone! :D
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Argent

Post by Argent »

That reminds me, when are the roos going to get back from Australia?
Liam

Post by Liam »

Remember Feraga?

Cory is the prince of the real royal family that was overthrown by Jata's vile traitor clan. To reclaim the royal assets kept safe in foreign banks he needs a forward payment of just US $1,000! You will be thanked for your gracious contribution to the restoration of righteous rule in Feraga with the sum of US $100,000 from the royal assets! Please PM me immediately to receive the necessary PayPal adress.

(Bitcoin NOT accepted.)
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
valerio

Post by valerio »

rickgriffin wrote:

a-men, lord furret!
Liam wrote:Remember Feraga?

Cory is the prince of the real royal family that was overthrown by Jata's vile traitor clan. To reclaim the royal assets kept safe in foreign banks he needs a forward payment of just US $1,000! You will be thanked for your gracious contribution to the restoration of righteous rule in Feraga with the sum of US $100,000 from the royal assets! Please PM me immediately to receive the necessary PayPal adress.

(Bitcoin NOT accepted.)
You are...wonderful!
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Bucky-Roo wrote:Confetti parties for everyone! :D
Yay, party! *breaks out 12-pack of orange soda*
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

rickgriffin wrote:And also, I'm not sure what tragedy has befallen the strip that there happens to be a male character who is flirting uncomfortably with another male character. Surely this thing has never happened before in the history of silly cartoon fiction.
I see no problem, I was just curious. And in the future I'll remember to check for eyelashes :oops:
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

I look upon this thread and say... how the heck did we get here and what about the ring?
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:I look upon this thread and say... how the heck did we get here and what about the ring?
Shh... No speak, just enjoy the confetti party *Gives an orange soda*
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
valerio

Post by valerio »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:I look upon this thread and say... how the heck did we get here and what about the ring?
Oh, it's easy: take that videotape over the shelf, insert it in the VCR, watch the pretty movie...
COOKIE MONSTER! AAAAAA!!!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Yay, new character! :D
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

It's sort of funny how we forumites sometimes get worked up about one strip that in the grand scheme of things doesn't end up being such a big deal. It's a bit like part of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle: We see where the comic is, but not where it's going. :P

Apologies if I've sounded like a worry wart.
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

valerio wrote:
Oh, it's easy: take that videotape over the shelf, insert it in the VCR, watch the pretty movie...
COOKIE MONSTER! AAAAAA!!!
AHH! Quick, hide the cookies!

(I swear, this would be perfect for dtlux1)
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

rickgriffin wrote:And also, I'm not sure what tragedy has befallen the strip that there happens to be a male character who is flirting uncomfortably with another male character. Surely this thing has never happened before in the history of silly cartoon fiction.
Actually, I find this extremely cute!
Which is why I don't want Cory to end up being a con-artist/jerk

Edit: I was about to put a slashed out "female" into that list, but I was afraid it would be taken the wrong way.
I just like this skunk so much! x3
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Post by Mistacheeeez »

SergeiTheFox wrote:
Bucky-Roo wrote:Confetti parties for everyone! :D
Yay, party! *breaks out 12-pack of orange soda*
Just make sure you don't give any to King! Just imagine what Bailey would do to him! :lol:
HundKatzeMauswrote wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:okay that's a twist...but..you know...I noticed a pattern:
Jessica was introduced during winter and now Cory, could that be a new tradition? :shock:
I wouldn't mind it :D

Pete too, now that you mention it, if Grape's vision counts as the first appearance

And Zach himself as he was a Christmas present.
Hey, Bailey was also first shown during Christmas!
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Our little Zach got lost in the woods. Too bad (don't be late to go to Keene, the compensation could go away! :P), sometimes is better do the longer way to be sure to get in destination. ;) New curious skunk character, but would be better don't give him trust, he looks mischievous and not reassuring... You got a gold ring by trading food, Cory? Which fool could do this? Yeah, we should believe that... :roll: Show off this gold ring, and if Zach decides to do you the trading favour (hopefully not), leave him a part of the money... BTW, you're being involuntary mean in saying the truth, Zach, how cute. :P Yeah, the eyes are of a different color, and they match those of two specific ex-immortal creatures... Who ever is this Cory? :?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Here is a bit of photoshop fun for Cory and Zack~
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Back when I was in the brony fandom, a friend of mine in the fandom made a story called "One Small Favor."

It started with one tiny favor- retrieve some rubies. But quickly things spiraled out of control, causing the main character to have to run all over the land doing increasingly arduous and difficult favors for everyone from the lowly farmer Dinkleberg (this story was rife with references) to the captain of the country's standing army.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this arc will be somewhat like that story. Might just be me.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

This forum has gone amazing side tracked at a pictu of a skunk talking to a rabbit.
So this forum has discussed; plant names for characters, the Spanish origin of cilantro, homosexuality, conmen, new characters at Christmas and a Steven king novel, even rich griffin himself showed up for the party.

I love this forum!
Hi Hi Pie
Argent

Post by Argent »

OK, I can dig it.

In the end Zach will find himself in the zoo shaving a yak to get the yak hair stuffing for Dutchess's heirloom pillows so she'll get Bino to give Joey back his original D&D books so he can trade them to Lester for ...
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Or Zack could turn around, borrow a phone with gps

and go on his merry way.
Just an Arc
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

So wait, there are slurs in this universe? This brings up so many new questions.
Feel my icy wrath!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Number9Dysonsphere wrote:This forum has gone amazing side tracked at a pictu of a skunk talking to a rabbit.
So this forum has discussed; plant names for characters, the Spanish origin of cilantro, homosexuality, conmen, new characters at Christmas and a Steven king novel, even rich griffin himself showed up for the party.

I love this forum!
Dude, it does NOT take much to sidetrack a thread here. It can be fun, it can be catastrophic. Both have happened. You learn to really enjoy the good over time, I guess.
rickgriffin wrote:

I'll admit, it's sometimes fun to see what some of the people come up with. A lot of it even ends up making sense.
I immediately thought of Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd with that statement. Specifically the short where Bugs is wanted by the Mounty.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

One of the gems about pets is you can never bee too sure right off the bat if they are male or female except with some clear indications. However, I enjoy this side of the comic. It's more realistic this way. Just like the Bigglesworths.

Cory gives me the impression right off the bat of something I initially thought of Max - sneaky. You can't tell if he's being flirty or he's just trying to get Zach's trust by commenting on him.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Argent

Post by Argent »

Gamewolf67 wrote:So wait, there are slurs in this universe? This brings up so many new questions.
"Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!"
Douglas Collier

Gamewolf67 wrote:So wait, there are slurs in this universe? This brings up so many new questions.
"Of coursh th'r are, ssssir. *Hic*"
- King after an orange soda :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

rickgriffin wrote:I'm not sure what tragedy has befallen the strip that there happens to be a male character who is flirting uncomfortably with another male character. Surely this thing has never happened before in the history of silly cartoon fiction.
Perhaps the issue is there are a few members of the audience who are either naive or narrow-minded. The concept just rocks their world.

But I still think 'Cory' is up to no good...

--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:Back when I was in the brony fandom, a friend of mine in the fandom made a story called "One Small Favor."

It started with one tiny favor- retrieve some rubies. But quickly things spiraled out of control, causing the main character to have to run all over the land doing increasingly arduous and difficult favors for everyone from the lowly farmer Dinkleberg (this story was rife with references) to the captain of the country's standing army.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this arc will be somewhat like that story. Might just be me.
it's called a chain of deals and it's common in fiction. MLP actually did one in the actual show last season :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Howellfan

Post by Howellfan »

Yeah, I can see about the signing my name thing. Obsessive compulsive tick that I guess I really should drop for the forum. *grabs-hand* *erk!* Sorry about that. :oops:

rickgriffin wrote:

*Sigh* But fabric tastes horrible. Curse you, drawer of metrosexual characters; Curse you!.............*mutters 'I'm going to need a lot of ketchup....'*
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:it's called a chain of deals and it's common in fiction. MLP actually did one in the actual show last season :P
Forget fiction, take a look at that paperclip blog on the side! That's insane! :shock:
I break my computer, so you don't have to! :D
You copied my entire signature? How peculiar...
Given that AB≅AB, prove that AB≇AB.
Argent

Post by Argent »

In fictional "chain of deals" the protagonist generally ends up with the paperclip.
Prof

Post by Prof »

deepskycyan wrote:
ArcWolf wrote:But let's stop.
Good call.
For Pete's sake, people. Rick ended the whole cosmic thing so you guys would move away from this (timeless?) topic.

As for the strip, I'm not liking Cory already.
Something something personal space.
Ah yes, that is what's bugging me about Cory, no respect for personal space.
Not a good start with Zach, who is obviously not amused by the skunks intrusive approach.
Xane wrote:*snip* So you're saying he likes Zach and he's gonna put a ring on him? 8-)
A plot like that could only end in hilarity ^_^
Drop in and stroll around: My gallery

Rikunda

Post by Rikunda »

Cool a new guy! I like to pretend most of the females are male, so it doesn't matter to me what their real sex is. :D King and Bailey are one of the only male/female relationship I acknowledge. Grape and Max = male/male. :mrgreen:

So what do you think the gold ring really is? No way a feral has a gold ring, and if they did they wouldn't trade it for food out in the forest.
Quote:
Mother Teresa wrote:Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
Douglas Collier

Rikunda wrote:So what do you think the gold ring really is? No way a feral has a gold ring, and if they did they wouldn't trade it for food out in the forest.
Depends on whether they want to survive through the winter or not.
Argent

Post by Argent »

There's been a bunch of suggestions as to what the gold ring is all about, back in the thread. It's worth reading.
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

Douglas Collier wrote:
valerio wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:I tend to agree with you somewhat, Joel. One gay couple (two if you count the K-9 unit dogs) is quite enough
And just why should be enough?
We are currently in an age where people are deeply split on the subject of homosexuality. If you have more characters who are gay represented within a general population than are statistically accurate (most studies say 5% or less in America, usually less), then it could be taken that the author is setting an agenda. As it is, having a gay pair or two (the kangaroos and the K-9 couple) represents that figure pretty accurately - more than that is pushing it. I don't feel that family-friendly comics like Housepets! should be used to promote topics that are considered controversial in our day and age (including politics and religion).

That's just my two cents on the matter. I hope I haven't offended anyone (as is often the case when discussing sensitive topics).
The problem isn't what you and Howellfan are saying, it's the assumption underneath: that gay relationships are inherently more sexual than straight relationships. There's a perception that a straight relationship is about the love between a man and a woman, and can therefore be portrayed appropriately at any age level, but gay relationships are all butts and elbows and other unmentionables, and so cannot. It's nonsense.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Rikunda wrote:Cool a new guy! I like to pretend most of the females are male, so it doesn't matter to me what their real sex is. :D King and Bailey are one of the only male/female relationship I acknowledge. Grape and Max = male/male. :mrgreen:

So what do you think the gold ring really is? No way a feral has a gold ring, and if they did they wouldn't trade it for food out in the forest.
Just a guess, but could it be the One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City