2014/12/03 - Up All Night To Get Lucky

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
dtlux1

Re: 2014/12/03 - Up All Night To Get Lucky

Post by dtlux1 »

BradyJones1995 wrote:I read somewhere that in a relationship when the woman is taller that the man, the relationship won't last very long. But then again, I have been wrong before.
Well, King did marry Bailey, and go all the way to Australia for her. I think if that one works, then any could.

Also, I have never heard of that.
Manic Mustelid

Post by Manic Mustelid »

Erm, last post? Go me?

OH WOW! Jessica really planted one on him, full on the muzzle! :P WOOOHOOOO!!! YES, so absolutely THIS!!! Whoa -- as usual she is some kind of take-charge gal! :D

But all this is perhaps not entirely unexpected. . .not for nothing that she had draped herself, consciously or otherwise, in such a flirty and alluring fashion on the treebranch. . .and I must say, she looked rather fabu, hanging, upside down, with such nonchalance :P Catwoman has nothing on her! :P

Perhaps after getting to know Zach, and despite his naiveté, she came to appreciate his true empathy and generosity, and even wisdom, she was already having feelings for him, even before this.

Also, did notice Zach, even as dire as things were at the moment, hanging above the abyss, that he was paying her a compliment. ("That's funny. You're funny.")

So I'd say there were sparks, even before they met that night :)

And after all, who could blame her? Adorabunny's goodness shines forth from his very sole! *bricked!* And woe be to all his arch enemies! *bricked redux!!* They'll be forced to toe the line for certain! *bricked redux redux!!*

This is going to be one hilarious -- and very heartwarming relationship :)

When they were sliding down through the mud, the movie that came to mind for me was one of my favorites, Romancing the Stone XD (Don't think we could go there, considering this comic's rating XD)

(Egads, suddenly had a thought -- can one imagine Squeak's reaction, to hearing about his particular powers? Jessica would have some ardent competition on her hands! XD)

And, all too briefly. . .may I please express my kudos and gratitute to everyone who posts on this forum -- I enjoy all of your postings every bit as much as the comic, and that's saying something HUGE. =) Always amazed at the all of your wit and insight and humor -- why I rarely post, I just feel like all of you well, say it all (and are at least faster writers!) and also for keeping me up to speed, reminding me about what may have transpired in the past -- hugely helpful! Anyhows. . .thanks all. And. . .happy Openermas. :)
valerio

Post by valerio »

BradyJones1995 wrote:I read somewhere that in a relationship when the woman is taller that the man, the relationship won't last very long. But then again, I have been wrong before.
King kept a good long-distance relationship with Bailey, married her, went all the way to Australia for her, renounced to PARADISE for her and defied a DEMIGOD for her. Not to mention that Bailey, in spite of the truth about King's past, accepted him all the same and their bond is stronger than ever.
Myth...BUSTED!
legionbunny

Post by legionbunny »

valerio wrote: King kept a good long-distance relationship with Bailey, married her, went all the way to Australia for her, renounced to PARADISE for her and defied a DEMIGOD for her. Not to mention that Bailey, in spite of the truth about King's past, accepted him all the same and their bond is stronger than ever.
Myth...BUSTED!
The beauty of you pointing this out and me realizing it was true made me cry, thank you.
It just goes to show you how beautiful and amazing Ricks characters are. I vow to be this kind of person when the right guy comes along.

Rick, everyone I know (save one certain english major) says they want a love like Romeo and Juliet. I want a love like King and bailey.
BradyJones1995

Post by BradyJones1995 »

valerio wrote:
King kept a good long-distance relationship with Bailey, married her, went all the way to Australia for her, renounced to PARADISE for her and defied a DEMIGOD for her. Not to mention that Bailey, in spite of the truth about King's past, accepted him all the same and their bond is stronger than ever.
Myth...BUSTED!
Like I said, I've been wrong before.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just love happy endings. Lets hope this relationship lasts for a very long time.
BradyJones1995

Post by BradyJones1995 »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I just love happy endings. Lets hope this relationship lasts for a very long time.
I bet they're next to get married. :mrgreen:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can see a few other people getting married before them (Fibrina for one) before they make it down the aisle.
suijin

Post by suijin »

Am I seriously the only person who didn't want this ship to sail? Sigh...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Why are you so opposed to it if I may ask?
suijin

Post by suijin »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Why are you so opposed to it if I may ask?
(Sorry about late reply, internet wasn't working very well)

Because it's really cliched in my opinion, and had basically no build up-we had her being happy about a gift, them cuddling so as to not freeze to death, then BAM instant romance, I guess... Really, I don't hate the couple (I think they're kind of adorable, in fact), I just would have preferred them staying as the odd pair of friends.

Or at least having a little more lead in, this just came right out of left field if you ask me.

Granted, this is only the second time something happened in this comic that I really didn't like, so it's just a nitpick in the grand scheme of things.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The same thing could be said about King and Bailey, but this isn't a soap opera (if it was, we would have learned by now that Peanut is actually the long-lost half-brother of Joey/Fido/Bino) so Rick can't focus too much on romance.

Granted, the only pairing I don't like is Kevin and Sasha, and my fanfic will fix that. :lol:
suijin

Post by suijin »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:The same thing could be said about King and Bailey, but this isn't a soap opera (if it was, we would have learned by now that Peanut is actually the long-lost half-brother of Joey/Fido/Bino) so Rick can't focus too much on romance.

Granted, the only pairing I don't like is Kevin and Sasha, and my fanfic will fix that. :lol:
The difference with King and Bailey (at least from my point of view) is that there was some conflict and build up; they liked each other but King didn't want to do anything, and then once he did things moved in a natural fashion. He was attracted to her, but didn't actually start falling in love until after he got to know her a little. It wasn't just "Oh hey they're a couple now."

Also, for a comic that's not focused on romance, we sure have a lot of it. :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

All we know is that Zach has a crush on Jess now. We don't know Jess's feelings but they could be slowly building up.