2015/02/06 - Bino In Grouchland

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2015/02/06 - Bino In Grouchland

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Bino never called Sasha stupid to her face. Sure he took her for granted, but at least he TRIED to be a good boyfriend and did his best to make her happy and not treat her completely with contempt like Duchess is doing.
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Bino actually seems more stressed out when he's AWAY from Duchess. I think its safe to say that he is keeping his emotions bottled up inside. Fear, Love, and trauma are not a good mixture... im just not sure who Bino fears more; Duchess or Bailey?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Bailey, but Duchess is gonna continue to erode at the self-esteem that was also eroded when his first girlfriend wanted to get it on with his brother and made no secret of it. If you wanna know why Bino has an inferiority complex and tries to big himself up, look no further than everybody basically ignoring him for Fido. Its the same thing as saying to his face "Nobody likes you. We like your brother better. He's better than you in every single way. Jump off a cliff."

Bino needs a girlfriends that A) Won't make it known publicly that she'd rather be with his brother (though Sasha is kind of an idiot in that way) and B) Isn't emotionally abusive. Though Sasha's obsession with Fido (who I really want to see take another fall so his brother will have a bit more self-worth) seemed to end when he was outed as a dreaded cat lover. I'd think that most of the neighborhood dogs shun him now for that, but still overlook Bino.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Man, this all sounds like a story straight outta a soap opera.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

When I saw this:
I thought it was a good example of how Bino thinks Sasha's ideas are of little value. He didn't call her stupid, but he might as well have. His expression in textless panel basically says, "you've got to be kidding me; I have to put up with this *ahem*, really?"
Basically, it seems to me that Bino was abusive to Sasha in the way he treated her when they were together. He treated her like she was stupid and not just scatterbrained the way she is. His re-gifting shows that to be the case.
Duchess, on the other hand, er, paw, takes it to a new level. Bino at least cared a little about Sasha. However, Duchess doesn't give a (thing that holds a lot of water) about Bino. Her only care is her status. She doesn't care who she hurts or how, but simply wants to be the top *ahem* no matter how she gets there.
So while Bino and Duchess might be both lowly insects, Bino is definitely the lesser of the two weevils.

By the way, I think Duchess should pair up with Boris. He could probably handle her shenanigans.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I think Bino's expression in Panel 3 is shock, not what you're reading into it. I know I'd be surprised if I were having what I considered a serious conversation and someone came out with a non-sequitur like that. I'd probably even be a little hurt they weren't paying attention. None of those things indicates Bino is "abusive" at all. If anything, Sasha is something of an abuser. She was Bino's girlfriend, but always chasing other dogs, probably contributing to Bino's insecurities. She teamed up with King to steal Bino's watch, too.

Also, it isn't necessary to self-censor the words "stuff," "barrel," or "dog."

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Panel three Bailey stole Jess' expressions :3
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

I am rooting for Bino to get a better girlfriend. One that will support him and won't go off messing with other dogs. The two girls he's been with so far unashamedly see the title of "girlfriend" as more a suggestion than a commitment (at least Sasha did when she was with Bino - so far she actually seems pretty loyal to Kevin).
The only complication would be that I don't think Bino would know how to handle an honestly good girlfirend, considering how neurotic and anxious he is. I think he would be so paranoid of decent behavior that he's end up blowing up in this hypothetical girl's face, potentially driving off yet another person... Actually kind of sad, really. :c
Do you like conversations? I like conversations! Feel free to message me and we can talk about stuff and things! ^^
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

AuraSight wrote:I am rooting for Bino to get a better girlfriend. One that will support him and won't go off messing with other dogs. The two girls he's been with so far unashamedly see the title of "girlfriend" as more a suggestion than a commitment (at least Sasha did when she was with Bino - so far she actually seems pretty loyal to Kevin).
The only complication would be that I don't think Bino would know how to handle an honestly good girlfirend, considering how neurotic and anxious he is. I think he would be so paranoid of decent behavior that he's end up blowing up in this hypothetical girl's face, potentially driving off yet another person... Actually kind of sad, really. :c
That's why, for the moment, being with Duchess is good for him. I don't want to see Bino abused, but it might cause him to realize what mental state he's in. As they call it, "hitting rock bottom" mentally, finally understanding that his actions and, more importantly, attitudes that cause actions, are doing nothing but causing grief and suffering for himself and everyone he cares about. After that, then he can finally learn how to be truly humble and have a girlfriend that he can respect and treat right. As you said he will still have issues. That's why his girlfriend will need to be someone who can be kind to him, who won't be envious of what other couples have, who won't be easily provoked, who will only focus on his good points when others try to tear him down, who won't rejoice in his ignorance but will rejoice when he tells the truth, who will bear his griefs, believe him when he's honest, who will hope the best for him, who will endure his ignorance and hard-headedness, and who will not fail in these areas. (Maybe her name will be Charity?)(yes that's a reference)
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

The two things I would LOVE to see happen to Bino are him getting a better girlfriend and him realizing how much of a jerk he is most of the time, trying to fix it at least a little.

There are many more things I would love to see happen, but these are the two things I would want to happen before anything else.

Also, I think the 3rd panel in that is more of a shocked or surprised expression.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

dtlux1 wrote:The two things I would LOVE to see happen to Bino are him getting a better girlfriend and him realizing how much of a jerk he is most of the time, trying to fix it at least a little.
Maybe Bino will be visited by three denizens of heaven (Fox's Angels and Cerberus) and shown what a jerk he is, ala "A Christmas Carol".
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

But Bino being a jerk is part of his role in the comic! If he becomes a better person, he becomes less Bino.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Sleet wrote:But Bino being a jerk is part of his role in the comic! If he becomes a better person, he becomes less Bino.
Which is why I said at least a little. :D

If he wasn't a jerk, he wouldn't be the Bino we all love (or hate). Bino is great, but he does need to be less of a jerk.

If he stopped being a jerk all the time, then he would be a boring character.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm not so sure what to say about Bino's love life when it comes to both Sasha and Duchess, but Bino and Duchess are both very stubborn. I think Duchess's bickering shows that. =P

I'm just wondering whether she'll cave into his stubbornness instead of Bino.

Bino has to remain a jerk. Someone has to egg on the good guy's bad qualities :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Douglas Collier

Sleet wrote:But Bino being a jerk is part of his role in the comic! If he becomes a better person, he becomes less Bino.
I didn't say he had to learn anything from it. :P If he saw what people really thought of him, he'd be insulted. In fact, it might even make him more paranoid.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Bino would definitely cave before Duchess. She's got an iron will.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bino is the designated punching bag. Much as I'd like him to have an epiphany and become less of a son of a charming young woman, that would break the line-up.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Even when he was the protagonist, Bino was a jerk to his owner (and everyone else).

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Douglas Collier

Dissension wrote:Even when he was the protagonist, Bino was a jerk to his owner (and everyone else).
That's right - Rick did a comic about Bino, didn't he? I'd like to see those sometime.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:Bino would definitely cave before Duchess. She's got an iron will.
"Is that a bet? A thousand dollar bet?"

Mwahaha.

Then again... they could both not cave in. ouch.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Either way, if Bino could just become 0.003% more nicer, that will be a step up for him.
Arthas972

Post by Arthas972 »

What's with the white Jedi Padawan outfit?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Arthas972 wrote:What's with the white Jedi Padawan outfit?
It's a sweatshirt. It's very cold out there.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its winter. You try going out there without any protection and you'll probably catch your death or freeze to death.

I wonder why King doesn't have anything on. Is he immune?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

King is only shown answering the door in this strip, a situation in which Bailey is also not wearing anything extra. In the next strip he has on his scarf while outside.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that. I guess I just wasn't paying attention. But still, I would think you would need more than a scarf but I digress.