Title Text: also talk quieter, it echoes in here

Poor, poor Bino...

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Gbr23

Re: 2015/02/06 - Bino In Grouchland

Post by Gbr23 »

Yeah Bailey you can´t fool Bino ! ... unless ... you do
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Bino, I'm pretty sure she could punch that trashcan and it would STILL hit you, or at least send you rolling down a hill :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Bino, I'm pretty sure she could punch that trashcan and it would STILL hit you, or at least send you rolling down a hill :lol:
My thoughts exactly!

So...the last comic had a header and everything, so I can hope to safely say that this is a-new-arc?

Ah, I think I remember why Bino's so scared of Bailey. It's one of the more memorable scenes in Housepets for me. Well that and the entire arc really.
All your acorns are belong to us.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Whozjama wrote:Ah, I think I remember why Bino's so scared of Bailey. It's one of the more memorable scenes in Housepets for me.
not to mention it's still in the signature of at least 2 users, including me :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The fastest way to make an enemy
is, it seems, to insult them.
The fastest way to make an inquiry
is, it seems, to consult them
The simplest question to ask
is how does King reach the knob?
The simplest question to task
is 'how does Fox win me the job?'
The best impressions in the land
should feature Oscar the Grouch
The best impressions left by a hand
should feature your mind going ouch.
Recollections of a party place;
argument, anger, furious and FACE!!!
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Whozjama wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Bino, I'm pretty sure she could punch that trashcan and it would STILL hit you, or at least send you rolling down a hill :lol:
My thoughts exactly!

So...the last comic had a header and everything, so I can hope to safely say that this is a-new-arc?
The new arc is wolf's clothing. It is the 87th arc and the current one. Derisive, acerbic, King and Bailey have picked up some new grammar skills. Love how King looks bored and his expression says "(sigh) it's him again". Also his front teeth appear to protrude more than they used to. Oh my gosh Kings eyes go from blue to black.
Welsh Halfwit that's genius how does King reach door knobs?
Hi Hi Pie
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

If Bino has mastered anything, it's getting people to dislike him.

Nice to see Bailey being rather patient with him. The last time we saw their interaction, she was rather riled up already. How that turned out was rather memorable.

Surprised Bino is going outside to begin with. He seems to have gotten rather paranoid as of late.

And wondering how he got the name "Lover boy" for Fox. Reference to the fixed dates with Sasha?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Post by Mistacheeeez »

A trash can? How fitting of Bino! You know, the more stupid things he does and the more I hate him, the more I actually start to like him more! He's that one character I just love to hate, and there are those times when I feel bad for him or just really like him too...
Oh, and darn you Dissension for making me go all the way through the forums just because I was never punched in the mouth! I don't mean it, please don't hurt me!
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Whozjama wrote:Ah, I think I remember why Bino's so scared of Bailey. It's one of the more memorable scenes in Housepets for me.
not to mention it's still in the signature of at least 2 users, including me :P
Yeah! That definitely helps. XD Though now that I look at the banner a bit more closely I start to wonder where Bino's muzzle went when he got "Face'd".
Number9Dysonsphere wrote:
Whozjama wrote:
My thoughts exactly!

The new arc is wolf's clothing. It is the 87th arc and the current one. Derisive, acerbic, King and Bailey have picked up some new grammar skills. Love how King looks bored and his expression says "(sigh) it's him again". Also his front teeth appear to protrude more than they used to. Oh my gosh Kings eyes go from blue to black.
Welsh Halfwit that's genius how does King reach door knobs?
Yay! Now 'whose a silly pony' won't be stuck in my head!...Like last time.
Now those details you talk about I don't think I'd get if not for for the collective eyes of the forum.
D-Rock wrote: And wondering how he got the name "Lover boy" for Fox. Reference to the fixed dates with Sasha?
Pretty goes along with calling King 'Short stuff', always trying to rub salt in the wounds I think. It's not like King's painfully aware his height, and possibly the need for many stools strategically placed around the Lindberg house. (I wiki'd the owner's name, I don't know that much by heart)
All your acorns are belong to us.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Oh yes the FACE. Never forget the FACE.

and wouldn't you know it? he was acerbically spewing derisive nicknames back then too!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Who else remembers that movie from their childhood? Anyone?

So then, this arc will be focusing on Bino? Me Like.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

D-Rock wrote:Nice to see Bailey being rather patient with him. The last time we saw their interaction, she was rather riled up already. How that turned out was rather memorable.
I think she feels bad for socking him like that, especially since she had no real reason to do so (other than out of sheer stress).
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

D-Rock wrote:And wondering how he got the name "Lover boy" for Fox. Reference to the fixed dates with Sasha?
Possible, Bino is pretty good at rubbing salt in wounds. I thought Bino knows Fox has a crush on Sasha, although I don't know how he figured that out.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Missing 4th panel:

Bailey lifts trash can lid with one paw and lifts Bino by his collar with another. Bino is paralysed by fear.

Bailey: You know, we could go through this again. You would end up in the hospital and nobody would think I did anything wrong.

Panel 5:

We don't see Bailey put Bino down. All we see is him standing there looking confused. Bailey's words come in from off-panel.

Bailey: Thankfully for you I would much rather be friends, if it was possible.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

This may seem a bit random, but I missed my previous excuse to mention it: I really love Bailey's hoodie. I dunno why. I just really like the white and blue and I think it looks exceptionally good on her. I kinda want one for myself... One day, I shall either commission or make the perfect Bailey hoodie.
Do you like conversations? I like conversations! Feel free to message me and we can talk about stuff and things! ^^
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I really think I am going to love this arc. Bino is really the one I hate, but love just as much as I hate him.

This is probably one of my favorite comics that has come our since I started to read Housepets 6 months ago, I love to see the interactions between King and Bino. Love to see his reaction to Bailey, it is great. I laughed.

I don't know why I love the first panel so much, probably because it has the interaction of King and Bino in that way. Love to see what happens when they are together.

He probably got that nickname for Fox around the time when he wanted to smash the watch, and Fox saved it. I like how Bino gives out those nicknames.

And no, I don't think it is possible for Bino to open his Word Hole without saying nicknames.

Right now I love Bino, wonder how long it takes before he makes me hate him again. I hope it is a while, as I love to love him. :D

I wonder if Bino will go to a land where everyone looks like Tiger. :lol:
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Wait...WHY is Bino scared of Bailey?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The Blue Fox wrote:Wait...WHY is Bino scared of Bailey?
He met her once. She was annoyed.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

TheOne wrote:Missing 4th panel:

Bailey lifts trash can lid with one paw and lifts Bino by his collar with another. Bino is paralysed by fear.

Bailey: You know, we could go through this again. You would end up in the hospital and nobody would think I did anything wrong.

Panel 5:

We don't see Bailey put Bino down. All we see is him standing there looking confused. Bailey's words come in from off-panel.

Bailey: Thankfully for you I would much rather be friends, if it was possible.
I'd LOVE to see this happen. Maybe instead of Fox, it's Bailey who helps him out with his problem (mostly with Duchess). It would be a nice way of making it up to him after their last encounter.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Bailey sure made a memorable impression on Bino (in more ways than one). :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

She DID flatten his muzzle into his neckline. A guy remembers things like that.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:She DID flatten his muzzle into his neckline. A guy remembers things like that.
Of course. That explains why he can't get his lower jaw past his collar in Panel 2.
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:I'd LOVE to see this happen. Maybe instead of Fox, it's Bailey who helps him out with his problem (mostly with Duchess). It would be a nice way of making it up to him after their last encounter.
YES! I really want to see this happen now, that would be great. I really want Bino to win for once, seems he never can. Seeing Bailey help would be great. I am also imagining some of the things King would say to or ask Bailey about the situation.

I really want to see Bino win for once.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Bino really needs Therapy after the "Punch in the Face" Incident! XD Don't worry Bino, Bailey is still sweet and gentle! ^^
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Way to be more delusional Bino. :roll:

Also, does anyone think Bino looks like Oscar the.... Oh now I get the title.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

*squeezes Bino out of sheer love*

Yay! Bino-Bun has an arc! I hope he learns that Duchess doesn't really love him. Hopefully Bailey and King can show him what true love is. I hope he stands up to Duchess and breaks up with her after he sees that what King and Bailey hand is true while what he and Duchess has is for power. Power for Duchess that is.

And becomes a cat lover....
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't care who Bino hooks up with, just as long as she isn't as abusive emotionally or physically as that brat Duchess.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Poor Bino... Will be all useless for you, Fox isn't going to give you the vote. :P And how rude you're being with King, but what do you think to be? :roll: Well said, small dog. :D Bino, you're scared of her, heh? :lol: No mercy for your face! :P Yeah, bad figure there, but you're right in both the things, Bailey. It's better don't talk with him because he won't never change. Use again the punch, maybe that will work... ;)
So funny panel 2, and Bailey looks cute with her hoodie. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Every dog has his day. And its well time for Bino to have his!
AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

I honestly can't wait to see what happens here. I think that I agree that Bino should break up with Dutchess. They seemed like a perfect match at first, but now it's clear that Bino is on the wrong end of an abusive relationship. I think it would be different if they bickered at each other back and forth, as it seems they both find some sort of fun in the mere act of doing so, but I think Bino is just taking the brunt of more verbal abuse than he deserves.
Do you like conversations? I like conversations! Feel free to message me and we can talk about stuff and things! ^^
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote:Wait...WHY is Bino scared of Bailey?
He met her once. She was annoyed.

Yeah, even he didn't quite deserve all of that... I can't imagine how many times something like that has happened to him now (I've lost count). I'm half-expecting Bailey to roll him down a hill in the trashcan... A new low for Bino the Grouch...

Though, I too really pity him for being in such a relationship with Duchess (however comical it may be). But, if they were to break-up, who would Duchess end-up with?... Hopefully she never regains her memory of King...
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Honestly, I think Bailey would FACE!! Duchess if she tried to touch her Kingy. Also, is it weird I support interspecies relationships? Such as Zach and Jessica, Fido and Sabrina, Joey and Squeak. There's probably a fourth out there, but I'm to lazy to look for it. I find them to be really cute to see how they react with one another all the time.

I just had a thought....

If Bino and Duchess break up, someone pair Duchess with Tiger! I was originally gonna say Rex, but he's too sweet for me to do that.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Tiger might scare Duchess more than Duchess scares Bino. I'm done with "Dino". I want "Diger". They can freak each other out!
rmaster454

Post by rmaster454 »

I'm not surprised Bino would forget a punch like the bunch of Dec 10 2012.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

How bout Bino and Duchess split, and she doesn't get a new boyfriend? I mean honestly, no one deserves to be with her, she's just to mean.
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

SuperStar wrote:How bout Bino and Duchess split, and she doesn't get a new boyfriend? I mean honestly, no one deserves to be with her, she's just to mean.
I wouldn't be so sure, there are plenty of masochists out there. :D
This account is a copy of that of my Cross Time Cafe account, which I use to discuss Freefall on its forum.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Seems Bino loves making a habit out of thinking everyone is trying to lower everyone's guard. This dates back to when Fido came back/Fido first appeared in the comic.

Everyone is out to get everyone.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

I'm glad everyone seems to think that my idea was a good one. However, there's one thing I'd like to point out. Duchess is definitely treating Bino like trash, but I would say that she's doing to Bino the same thing Bino did to Sasha, but to a greater extent. Now I admit that I like Kesha and don't want to see them split, but I'd like Bino to realize certain things. First, he should realize that what he's going through now is the same as what he did to Sasha. Bino is less forceful, but he's just as arrogant as Duchess. Second I would like to see him apologize to Sasha without asking her back. If he really starts caring, he will understand that her happiness should come first, and that realization will cause him to be willing to let her go if it's necessary.
Also, as bad as she is, I don't think Duchess is beyond hope. It might require intervention from Cerberus, but Duchess could still become a "good girl."
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Bino never called Sasha stupid to her face. Sure he took her for granted, but at least he TRIED to be a good boyfriend and did his best to make her happy and not treat her completely with contempt like Duchess is doing.