2015/02/09 - Taking Out The Trash

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

2015/02/09 - Taking Out The Trash

Post by Obbl »

[ Taking Out The Trash ]

Title Text: Then he got an idea. An awful idea. The Bino got a wonderful, awful idea!

How horrible a person am I for being way too excited to watch Bino's scheme play out? :P
Gbr23

Re: 2015/02/09 - Taking Out The Trash

Post by Gbr23 »

Bino, I dont know what your idea might be BUT I can tell, it´s a bad one
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Oh Bino, you and your crazy schemes. :P
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Heh. I can't wait to see how the wolves react to Bino!

Anyone else think King is being macho that pose in the third panel? :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

I dont think Bino is going to make it since this sounds like hunting and making a kill two things a pampered pet cant do XD

plus Bino is all bark no bite :P
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Wolf House, now we know it's true name.
That grin in panel 4, priceless. Ok who's avatar is that.
Hi Hi Pie
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

She sent out her loyal lap-dog
to hunt down a friendly Fox;
won't she now be surprised
he's thinking inside a box?
Wolf House now sounds like
it belongs to the house of Tudors,
vicious Kings of England old
who, at least, weren't as rude as
the Duchess with her plans foretold.
Things change as old Bino grows,
the plan, the grin, all bode ill...
Rites of Adulthood sounds like it's 'fun'-
I wonder what part Bino will fill?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Rites of Adulthood. As I'm sure the pups have been preparing for that for a while, I can only see Bino crash and burn in his attempt. And this explains the arc title.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

.....Nevermind what I said before.

A better title for this arc is more likely going to be "The arc where Bino dies", and after that, will probably turn into "Miles covers up the fact that he let the neighbor-dog do something that got him killed", and hopefully, from there, "The arc where King and Miles bond over hiding Bino's cold body in the woods"....

Hey, good news guys: we get to see more of Miles and his family, and especially how they interact with their neighbors and each other. :D

Oh, and a question that this brings up that hasn't really been addressed (in case Rick Griffin is reading this): how does Miles see King? Is he Miles's adult friend? His pet dog? His helpful roommate who understands humans? His young ward who he's semi-raising and caring for? It's never been clear without a good view into their personal life...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Oh, and a question that this brings up that hasn't really been addressed (in case Rick Griffin is reading this): how does Miles see King? Is he Miles's adult friend? His pet dog? His helpful roommate who understands humans? His young ward who he's semi-raising and caring for? It's never been clear without a good view into their personal life...
I believe that Miles treats him like a son. Well, at least that's what the wiki says (https://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com/wi ... nformation). If that's not true then we need to update. lol, :P
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Bino is going to die.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Bino, no. Whatever stupid thing your thinking, either think about it again or drop the idea entirely. Wolves hunt and kill living animals, Bino. You can't do that. At all. And I've read the four (I want all six) Wolves of the Beyond I have enough times to know that "Rites of Adulthood" or anything related to acceptance in the pack involves a lot of different things. And since Bino seems to be a gnaw wolf....

He must return to the pack.
Receive a name, unless he already had one.
Never make eye contact unless need, same goes for speaking.
Perform acts of submission to the pack leaders, such as bowing and keep his tail between his legs at all times.
Do as the pups tell him, for they are a higher rank than him.
Gnaw bones to tell stories of acts in the clan.

And to even get out of the pack and become a Watch Wolf, since he can't become anything higher on the pack, be would need to-

*BRICK'D*
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Argent

Post by Argent »

First: I would like to say YES YES YES YES YES.

This has the potential of being the most awesome Bino arc ever.

And he might even learn a bit of humility.

No, that's crazy talk.

Second:
SuperStar wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:[...] how does Miles see King?
I believe that Miles treats him like a son. Well, at least that's what the wiki says (https://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com/wi ... nformation). If that's not true then we need to update. lol, :P
That's what it looks like here:

Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I like where this is going. :twisted:

Also, I wonder if "rights of adulthood" will involve Miles's pups picking their names - it'd be funny to see Miles trying to convince them to pick more conventional names. :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Bino will always have the best "I've got an evil plan" face.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Obbl wrote:[ Taking Out The Trash ]

Title Text: Then he got an idea. An awful idea. The Bino got a wonderful, awful idea!

How horrible a person am I for being way too excited to watch Bino's scheme play out? :P
Then something bad is going to happen. Something [HILARIOUSLY] bad.
Feel my icy wrath!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I wonder if he's going to end up to succeeding only to find out that it only makes him an official adult, but not an official wolf. :|
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Looks like King and Bailey are sitting this one out after all, and that's a shame, because I was really looking forward to the possibility of Bailey helping Bino out with his problem. :(
Jamonius

Post by Jamonius »

Huh, thought we had at least a couple more months before Bino's annual fitting for a full body cast.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

If he becomes part of the pack, I imagine he'll annihilate Duchess with the grown up cubs.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Love to see them talk like this in just a conversation about stuff.

I can't wait to see what Bino has planned, maybe he gets to pick his own name when he becomes an adult. :lol:

I have a feeling this will just end in more pain for him though, as the wolves can be like that. Will Bino ever learn? :roll:

I would stay away if the one that lives with them is staying away.
Also, it seems like Bino is stealing Tiger's roll. =P

Bino is going to die in this arc, I bet you. Maybe Miles will have him help with the Cubs, using him as a dummy for them to hunt. I would love to see that. :lol:
Last edited by dtlux1 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Argent wrote:
SuperStar wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:[...] how does Miles see King?
That's what it looks like here: [image]
Now I think about it, it's likely Joel was older than Miles, making this somewhat ironic.

Edit: Evidence:

A finesse bonus for the mortal's age, and a power bonus for their youth, transforming a human into a dog gave me the best of both worlds.
dtlux1 wrote:Will Bino ever learn? :roll:
Silly question.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

Bino learning something is like King growing a few inches taller, it may be possible but it's genetically unlikely. :P
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

gamepopper wrote:Bino learning something is like King growing a few inches taller, it may be possible but it's genetically unlikely. :P
Then if Bino dies in this arc and goes to heaven, he may learn something. If he wanted to that is, as King was able to be taller because he wanted to be. I guess he still is unlikely to learn anything. :lol:
Number9Dysonsphere wrote:That grin in panel 4, priceless. Ok who's avatar is that.
I have no idea who's it is.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Bino's not gonna die. He's just gonna learn all about different types of pain. Then to prove he is a butt monkey, Duchess will dump him, Fox will be made leader of the GODC and disband it, Max will mock him, Jeff will abandon him in the hospital and Fido will come by to tell him how much of a disappointment he is.

:roll: :roll:
AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Bino's not gonna die. He's just gonna learn all about different types of pain. Then to prove he is a butt monkey, Duchess will dump him, Fox will be made leader of the GODC and disband it, Max will mock him, Jeff will abandon him in the hospital and Fido will come by to tell him how much of a disappointment he is.
That sounds horribly and yet entertainingly brutal.
In my opinion Bino can't become a good person (due to being an antagonist of the comic and therefore would lose his purpose), but I doubt this arc would be happening if he wasn't going to experience SOME sort of change. I'm very curious to see where this arc does go.

Also, is King's age the same as his human age before the transformation? How would that work? What are animal life expediencies in the Housepets universe? Is he effectively mortally younger now? Great Kitsune promised No Weird Time Junk!
Do you like conversations? I like conversations! Feel free to message me and we can talk about stuff and things! ^^
Argent

Post by Argent »

AuraSight wrote:Also, is King's age the same as his human age before the transformation? How would that work? What are animal life expediencies in the Housepets universe? Is he effectively mortally younger now? Great Kitsune promised No Weird Time Junk!
He's young and old at the same time, according to Pete. Word of Rick is that lifespans for the dogs and cats at least are up to 40 years. So a thirty-something Joel would have been older than most dogs. King's a "lady killer" and Duchess and others have referred to him as a "pup", so his body is probably that of a young dog.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

You wouldn't never change your attitude for nothing, Bino... :P Let's leave him believing to have learnt something, at least he's being good in do a plan from it. ;) That's not your business Bino, despite you could be right. They married, don't you know? :) Bailey has indeed her home with her dad. Good propose, King, but effectively the message is so private that only Bino has to refer Fox.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Anyone else think that King, Bailey, and Fox will come back later in the arc to save Bino from something life threatening (like, in this case, a pack of soon to be angry Wolves, or worse, Duchess)?

Also, would Bino really do something irrational like jump ship from the GODC just to join the Wolves? I feel like there's gonna be a lot more to it than just that.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Remember what they did to King when they were just playing?

Oh, and the very next strip was so on topic!

dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Bino's not gonna die. He's just gonna learn all about different types of pain. Then to prove he is a butt monkey, Duchess will dump him, Fox will be made leader of the GODC and disband it, Max will mock him, Jeff will abandon him in the hospital and Fido will come by to tell him how much of a disappointment he is.

:roll: :roll:
As much as I hate to say it, that sounds entertaining. :lol:
AuraSight wrote:Also, is King's age the same as his human age before the transformation? How would that work? What are animal life expediencies in the Housepets universe? Is he effectively mortally younger now? Great Kitsune promised No Weird Time Junk!
This is one thing that I have been wondering since I found out about Housepets, but never found a good time to bring up. I was wondering if he had been put back to a younger age as a dog when Pete transformed him, and what age he is as a dog.
Now I have a craving to see King as a puppy...
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

dtlux1 wrote:
This is one thing that I have been wondering since I found out about Housepets, but never found a good time to bring up. I was wondering if he had been put back to a younger age as a dog when Pete transformed him, and what age he is as a dog.
Now I have a craving to see King as a puppy...
I've been thinking the same! I think it's safe to say that Joel was early 20s, but I believe that as King he is younger than a twenty year old, cause he's friends with Fox who is presumably techinically a teenager. I believe King was deaged to at least 18 years old, techinically. As in he's not 18 years old, but like 5+ years old, you know what I mean.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

King didn't get younger, he just transitioned to a different species with the same percentage of his life used up. *giggles*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

In wolf language, stubborn leaders are usually the strongest.

Translation: Bino is going to rule over the dog world with Darth Vader at his side.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh how I would totally love that to happen, as Bino has to have his day happen someday.
jrh150482

Post by jrh150482 »

Mickey wrote:Bino, no. Whatever stupid thing your thinking, either think about it again or drop the idea entirely. Wolves hunt and kill living animals, Bino. You can't do that. At all. And I've read the four (I want all six) Wolves of the Beyond I have enough times to know that "Rites of Adulthood" or anything related to acceptance in the pack involves a lot of different things. And since Bino seems to be a gnaw wolf....

He must return to the pack.
Receive a name, unless he already had one.
Never make eye contact unless need, same goes for speaking.
Perform acts of submission to the pack leaders, such as bowing and keep his tail between his legs at all times.
Do as the pups tell him, for they are a higher rank than him.
Gnaw bones to tell stories of acts in the clan.

And to even get out of the pack and become a Watch Wolf, since he can't become anything higher on the pack, be would need to-

*BRICK'D*
*blocks brick*

The reason that I blocked that brick was that that was an awesome Wolves of the Beyond reference.
*in Christopher Walken style*

I have a fever... and the only prescription... is more Kingley!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Dissension wrote:King didn't get younger, he just transitioned to a different species with the same percentage of his life used up. *giggles*
How does that fit with Pete's age-vs-youth comment?
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Argent wrote:
Dissension wrote:King didn't get younger, he just transitioned to a different species with the same percentage of his life used up. *giggles*
How does that fit with Pete's age-vs-youth comment?
Joel seems to be 20-25 years old, the maximum life span of a human now a days is 100 so that is about 22.5 percent.
A dog in the Housepets universe has a maximum of 40 years, 22.5% of 40 is 9. So points for being a 9 year old dog and a 20-25ish year old human. Which is when humans become mature and thus adults.
Summary
Adult human
Young dog
Hi Hi Pie
AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

dtlux1 wrote:Now I have a craving to see King as a puppy...
Aren't corgis already sort-of perma-puppies?
Do you like conversations? I like conversations! Feel free to message me and we can talk about stuff and things! ^^
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I must say, I can see why Diss is such a fan of the brothers Three. They always get the best expressions~

I have a feeling Bino is going to end up in the hospital again. Hopefully not by frying pan.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?