2015/03/16 - Jacked Up

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

2015/03/16 - Jacked Up

Post by Obbl »

[ Jacked Up ]

Title Text: I think we have time to fit in ONE MORE zany scheme

When Bino flashbacks, he channels his inner Peanut ;)
Welsh Halfwit

Re: 2015/03/16 - Jacked Up

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Xane wrote:"Test Four: Scare a dog... wait. I've already done this to myself countless times!"
Yes, but it's Kevin they want him to scare.

There's a deal on the table - or is it a joke?
Either is possible considering who spoke.
Bino would have to be nuts to follow this plan;
except he wants to go from Dogboy to Wolfman.
Our worries are raised by the banned test four
but Bino just sees a chance without flaw
and doesn't see the joker in the pack,
the ignoble, troublesome, discount Jack!
Bino's about to annoy more of the Gardens
so we watch as their attitude hardens;
if K-9 cops are called to the scene soon enough
will Bino have to wear his brother's steel cuff?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

So it was Bino who was tripping on anise!
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/08/ ... -for-dogs/

So now we'll see what the fourth test even is. Doubt it'll end well at all; first because it apparently riles up people, second because it's Bino.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

EDIT: Bah. D-Rock beat me to it.

Gotta love those small moments that Rick tries to sneak in for reference. :3

So two things:
A)Jack is likely going to be doing something to Bino that will get him into serious trouble...
B)Bino may have been a cat-lover once. Or as this arc hints, he might not be as one-sided into dog things as he lets us believe.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

D-Rock wrote:So it was Bino who was tripping on anise!
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/08/ ... -for-dogs/

So now we'll see what the fourth test even is. Doubt it'll end well at all; first because it apparently riles up people, second because it's Bino.
Third because Jack's behind it and is probably using it to divert attention...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Bino has gone bye-bye.
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

We'll Bino is certainly in deep trouble now.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (50.46 KiB) Viewed 17076 times
Hi Hi Pie
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I love how every time this arc seemed close to an end it just kept on going. :D

Can't wait to see what the 4th test is.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

GameCobra wrote:EDIT: Bah. D-Rock beat me to it.

Gotta love those small moments that Rick tries to sneak in for reference. :3

So two things:
A)Jack is likely going to be doing something to Bino that will get him into serious trouble...
B)Bino may have been a cat-lover once. Or as this arc hints, he might not be as one-sided into dog things as he lets us believe.
What suggests that? I have read through this comic numerous times now, and I can't quite grasp what suggests Bino used to be a cat-lover. Could you please explain?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

SuperStar wrote:What suggests that? I have read through this comic numerous times now, and I can't quite grasp what suggests Bino used to be a cat-lover. Could you please explain?
His brothers are both into cat related stuff. Cartoon logic usually dictates Bino is no different in someway. He was also watching a cat wedding, which Duchess points out to him. Grape, amusingly, heard him while he was on anise. All of these could just be coincidences, but it's also opening up the possibility that he may just be trying too hard to hide it.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

GameCobra wrote:
SuperStar wrote:What suggests that? I have read through this comic numerous times now, and I can't quite grasp what suggests Bino used to be a cat-lover. Could you please explain?
His brothers are both into cat related stuff. Cartoon logic usually dictates Bino is no different in someway. He was also watching a cat wedding, which Duchess points out to him. Grape, amusingly, heard him while he was on anise. All of these could just be coincidences, but it's also opening up the possibility that he may just be trying too hard to hide it.
Well, all that stuff makes sense... except for the anise overdose thing. I don't see how that links up with "Cat-Lover".
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

What is that forth test? Will Bino become a club of Interspecies Relationships? (Pleasesayyes. Pleasesayyes. Pleasesayyes.)
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I love the idea that someone made a No-Binos-Club at some point :lol:
It probably fell apart because there was no Bino to lead them :lol: :lol:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

So that club had ONE Bino, right? After all, it was no Binos, they're allowed one...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

I just love Jack. His reaction in the last panel is great.
"No. Just... No. Never again."
Do you like conversations? I like conversations! Feel free to message me and we can talk about stuff and things! ^^
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I'm kinda hoping that this new scheme ends with Bino succeeding in earning a position in miles pack as an honorary wolf.
And draws the attention of a female wolf to him.
cause Duchess has had it too easy lately, and I don't mind seeing Captain Zoning Authority actually succeed at something, if it means causing trouble for her.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Buster wrote:I'm kinda hoping that this new scheme ends with Bino succeeding in earning a position in miles pack as an honorary wolf.
cause Duchess has had it too easy lately, and I don't mind seeing Captain Zoning Authority actually succeed at something, if it means causing trouble for her.
While I'm not exactly hoping for any further love-triangles, I would TOTES wanna see Bino finally accomplish something! It would give him more depth, more doo-dahs to his character resume'(if you know what I mean)! I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really WANNA see Bino become and honorary wolf! Rick Griffin-sama, please let it happen, x3
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

if it does succeed it should be in the most roundabouts, convoluted, way possible though.

Also given how many of of the existing love triangles in this series overlap with each other in some way, it's more if an icosahedron.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

So, Bino has a good chance of being believed, but it requires his being beaten up even worse first. I'm OK with that. ;)
This account is a copy of that of my Cross Time Cafe account, which I use to discuss Freefall on its forum.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

He's probably going to have to do something that has the risk of Bino losing an arm...
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Civilization wrote:He's probably going to have to do something that has the risk of Bino losing an arm...
You mean he'll be investigating the garbage disposal at night?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
King's Men14

Post by King's Men14 »

Bino, please proceed to test number 4. Thank you and come again. :lol:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

King's Men14 wrote:Bino, please proceed to test number 4.
First thing that comes to mind:
"Welcome to test chamber four. The Enrichment Center regrets to inform you that this next test is impossible."
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

SuperStar wrote:
Buster wrote:I'm kinda hoping that this new scheme ends with Bino succeeding in earning a position in miles pack as an honorary wolf.
While I'm not exactly hoping for any further love-triangles, I would TOTES wanna see Bino finally accomplish something! It would give him more depth, more doo-dahs to his character resume'(if you know what I mean)! I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really WANNA see Bino become and honorary wolf! Rick Griffin-sama, please let it happen, x3
Don't count on it, for the very least reason that Bino isn't trying to become a honorary feral for anything even remotely close to the right reasons.
AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

Buster wrote:
King's Men14 wrote:Bino, please proceed to test number 4.
First thing that comes to mind:
"Welcome to test chamber four. The Enrichment Center regrets to inform you that this next test is impossible."
Thank you for this. I have reached my laugh quota for today. That is all.
Do you like conversations? I like conversations! Feel free to message me and we can talk about stuff and things! ^^
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

A fourth test? This should be interesting.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Even if Bino was doing it for the right reasons, he wouldn't be successful anyway because he is the buttmonkey ad will never go beyond that i the comic, no matter how hard we wish for it. :cry:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Yeah, that's the fourth test Jack was talking about, rejected be Miles. :) It should be something way more dangerous than what Bino already did (but no, probably it's not :P), but, you've to realize that a dog can't go against humans. Fox knows something about. ;) Wolves are wolves, and are ferals, they can by nature... I agree with Jack about how it sounds, Bino, even if we don't know your voice tone. ;) However, can't wait to see how's this fourth test. :D
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Looking back at the comic where Miles said that test shouldn't be one makes me thing, perhaps it is stealing something from people in some way. It is doing something that would upset them, wonder what they would do to Bino if they found him doing it...

And I have a theory that shouldn't be held up with more than a thread of dental floss...

Bino dumps Duchess and becomes a cat lover (or a female wolf comes after him, or something else, anything at all), and then Duchess is left alone with no one to take care of her because no one else wants to be with her. She then realizes how she acts and tries to be better...

Because we all know that will happen... :roll:
I used a lot of ...s
jrh150482

Post by jrh150482 »

Oh dog. Bino and Jack are teaming up. This can only end well...
*in Christopher Walken style*

I have a fever... and the only prescription... is more Kingley!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And somehow Jack will come out unscathed and the buttmonkey will get all the pain and blame.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Isn't jack a comic relif character though? they're both screwed.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

The fourth test, simple enough for a cub to make, risky enough for Miles banning it
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I love how quickly public opinion can change about a character :roll:
It used to be that almost everyone did not like Bino, he had a smattering of people who liked him, a handful who outright hated him, and some who were kind of in the middle because they felt a bit sorry for him despite his generally unsavory nature.
Now, several people start coming out of the woodwork crying, "Oh! Poor Bino! The whole world's against him! Rick just wants to make him the punching bag of the universe!" :P Good gracious, guys! How do you people manage that? :lol:

Let's not forget that Bino sets himself up to fail by constantly being cocky and self-aggrandizing. He alienates potential friends by belittling them and acts caustically toward anyone he decides he doesn't like for whatever petty reason he decides to come up with. And, yes, there is a good psychological reason why he does this, but the blame still falls back to him when everything comes crashing down on him. The problem is not that the world is against Bino, it's that Bino is against the world. He feels it necessary to constantly take on everything and everyone in order to prove that he is superior, which of course, is the very reason things keep blowing up in his face.

Also, the arc isn't over. So, as with previous arcs, can we please reserve judgement about this arc until we see how Rick has decided to finish it? You may not like that no one believes Bino even though he's telling the truth (which again, is entirely reasonable given Bino's actions up to this point), but don't decide that the arc is going to end on a dissatisfying note just yet. This is a Bino character arc, and if there's one thing Rick writes well, it's character. ;)

Actually, not that many people have been doing this, at least publicly, but the rumblings have been going around, so I decided to make my case now rather than later :P
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I know Bino's trouble is usually all his fault, but I feel that if at one point he actually manages to gain something, he'll start seeing a different side of life.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The reason why I define Bino as a buttmonkey is because NOTHING ever goes his way. He never gets a bone thrown towards him and yes I understand that he fails because he is doing things for the wrong reason, but it does get tiring. He tried to run the GODC but people always compare him to Fido.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I can't think of a single point in the comic where anyone has actually compared Bino and Fido. I'm pretty sure Bino does that just fine all on his own ;)
And, yeah, none of his schemes go his way, because he is constantly messing himself up. Even if you feel sad for his sake, blaming anyone else other than Bino for his problems and failures is doing his character a disservice because that seems to be exactly Bino's main issue: blaming the universe for his shortcomings, which continues to fuel his poor life decision making skills. He doesn't need for one of his hairbrained schemes to actually succeed. That won't teach him anything. He needs to learn how to face his own shortcomings and allow himself to be vulnerable.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

What you said about Bino is the reasons I like his character. He is the one that people love to hate. I find it to be funny, but also fun. I like seeing him mess up due to his own fault, but it is also good to see him win once in a while. Sure, everything that happens to him is his own fault, but that is why I think he is a good character. The stubborn one that is fun to laugh at, but also tries to do what he thinks he should do (even if it is mostly personal benefit), and feel bad for when he doesn't do it.
Grape Jelly

Post by Grape Jelly »

dtlux1 wrote:Bino dumps Duchess and becomes a cat lover (or a female wolf comes after him, or something else, anything at all), and then Duchess is left alone with no one to take care of her because no one else wants to be with her. She then realizes how she acts and tries to be better...
Eh, I dunno. I feel like it's gonna go the other way, if they ever break up. Duchess treats Bino more or less how Bino treats the rest, so it's only natural he'd come to the realization that he's been kind of rude, all this time. Bino gets tired of Duchess, or Duchess dumps Bino, it doesn't matter; that relationship can go even the opposite way.

If they part ways, Bino's a better person and Duchess stays that way; if they stay together, oh god.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'd rather Bino change a little bit then always stay the same as character development but it isn't in my hands.