2015/03/18 - Back Alley Bino

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2015/3/18 - Back Alley Bino

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can see Jeff, being sort of a jerk (almost as much as Pete) just leaving him there for a few days after telling the owners not to let him get adopted.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I can see Jeff, being sort of a jerk (almost as much as Pete) just leaving him there for a few days after telling the owners not to let him get adopted.
When you say "I can see Jeff, being sort of a jerk", due you mean that since he is a jerk or you can see him being a jerk?
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

dryideabat wrote: You know, I wonder at this point if Bino even remembers why he originally went on this whole endeavor in the first place.
Actually, I was referring to him originally doing this as a means of becoming chairdog of the Good Ol' Dogs Club; how his journey toward this end has taken him from attempting to find/coerce Fox to getting the title as Honorary Wolf as a reputation boost.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

By now, The Good Ol' Dogs Club has already elected a new leader and this "Bino's pursuit" thing will have done nothing for him.
Last edited by Civilization on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Argent

Post by Argent »

How did Bino end up in charge of the Good Ol Dogs club anyway?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

By default, i believe.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In my opinion, Jeff is a jerk. Anybody who puts a SHOCK collar on a being that has enough intelligence to speak is a large jerk. Once again, this is my opinion.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Argent wrote:How did Bino end up in charge of the Good Ol Dogs club anyway?
Pretty sure it's because he's the co-founder of the club, sharing leadership with Fido.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:In my opinion, Jeff is a jerk. Anybody who puts a SHOCK collar on a being that has enough intelligence to speak is a large jerk. Once again, this is my opinion.
I can easily see why. Some of our real world practices have some really unfortunate implications when in their world, animals are just as sentient as people.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:In my opinion, Jeff is a jerk. Anybody who puts a SHOCK collar on a being that has enough intelligence to speak is a large jerk. Once again, this is my opinion.
Bino is a jerk with rampant zoning issues. He needs a form of discipline.
Argent

Post by Argent »

D-Rock wrote:I can easily see why. Some of our real world practices have some really unfortunate implications when in their world, animals are just as sentient as people.
Fridge Horror, we has it.
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

D-Rock wrote:
I can easily see why. Some of our real world practices have some really unfortunate implications when in their world, animals are just as sentient as people.
^
|
|
So true.
This account is a copy of that of my Cross Time Cafe account, which I use to discuss Freefall on its forum.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So you are saying you would discipline your child with a SHOCK collar SuperStar? That seems a bit over excessive and REALLY wrong. What do they DO in Thailand? I'll need to read up on that. O.o
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Argent wrote:
D-Rock wrote:I can easily see why. Some of our real world practices have some really unfortunate implications when in their world, animals are just as sentient as people.
Fridge Horror, we has it.
You already mentioned it more than once in the past, Argent, and I would have agreed with you every time, but then I remembered, What fridge horror? The comic is rather explicit at times.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It may be funny but sometimes what is played for laughs is a bit overboard.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Yeh, there's a bit of a lampshade hanging now and then, but if you stop and think about it half the arcs have unplumbed depths.