2015/06/15 - Panicnic

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
GarrisonSkunk

Re: 2015/06/15 - Panicnic

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

Tooths wrote:I'm already wondering if they are going to tell their pups about whom King used to be. :roll:
For that matter...how many of the Housepets know? Did Keene spill the beans to the general public despite not having any useable footage? Do only the group who went down under know? Did Peanut ever figure out who Mr Dogsmell smelled like? ( I got the feeling he was more interested in sniffing Cerbs than to pay attention to her conversation with Fox and Joel ).
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

For some odd reason, that last panel of Bailey reminded me of Jessica. :?:
Also, never follow your instincts if they are terrible.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Buster wrote:Miles treats him like one of the pups at times though. what if this makes him go all 'grandpa mode'?
I think Miles would calm King down...but it's still a super adorable thought. I forgot about that.

Poor king in the last panel he looks like he has a stroke :lol:
I wonder if Bailey notices it or is just used to it :lol:
valerio

Post by valerio »

GarrisonSkunk wrote:
Tooths wrote:I'm already wondering if they are going to tell their pups about whom King used to be. :roll:
For that matter...how many of the Housepets know? Did Keene spill the beans to the general public despite not having any useable footage? Do only the group who went down under know? Did Peanut ever figure out who Mr Dogsmell smelled like? ( I got the feeling he was more interested in sniffing Cerbs than to pay attention to her conversation with Fox and Joel ).
Most reasonable scenario: The wolves, thanks to Daryl, know it all. Knowing Keene, he kept this information for himself and didn't spill it to the other ferrets. Karishad...nah.
Possible big-time surprise: Sabrina did tell Fido. And Fido will reassure King that his secret is safe and that, after all, he *did* walk a long and fruitful road.
The humans, probably, just drank themselves silly after seeing too much weirdness in one day.
KingFan202

Post by KingFan202 »

The expressions are too awesome xD

So many captions go on on that king expression
King as Red (Pokemon) Avatar By CHAOKOCartoons!
ImageImage
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

valerio wrote:
GarrisonSkunk wrote:
Most reasonable scenario: The wolves, thanks to Daryl, know it all. .
The wolf cubs would be excited if they find out..."Hey guys, guess what?!? I just overheard that King is really some human named Joel Robinson! You know what this means?..... We repeatedly took down, immoblized and pounced an actual human! High fours all around!"
RiseOfTheDerp

Post by RiseOfTheDerp »

Am I the only one who is slightly creeped out? Since King is technically a human, wouldn't it technically be (Insert that word here since the site censors it)?

Wait, I'm putting in too much logic
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

RiseOfTheDerp wrote:Am I the only one who is slightly creeped out? Since King is technically a human, wouldn't it technically be (Insert that word here since the site censors it)?

You are not, sir. After all these years, it hasn't gone away for me. What keeps me going is the fact that I've come to trust Rick to tell a great story regardless.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think anybody else really knows nor do I think King will tell the kids about his time as a human. I get the feeling he wants to forget about it.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

RiseOfTheDerp wrote:Am I the only one who is slightly creeped out? Since King is technically a human, wouldn't it technically be...?
Some people do take issue to King and Bailey's relationship because he was a human. Some do not because he is canine now. There were never any further ramifications intended beyond its surface appearance of two dogs in love. (Not that ramifications are usually intended :P )
Regardless of your point of view, let us leave it at that ;)

----------
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I don't think anybody else really knows nor do I think King will tell the kids about his time as a human. I get the feeling he wants to forget about it.
I agree that it seems unlikely that King's past will be brought up again. He's made his choice to be a dog, and it just felt like that was kind of the final word there. I do, however, look forward with great anticipation to corgsky and wolf pup interactions :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh if only the wolf cubs were a bit younger, then all three of King's daughters could have instant boyfriends! That would be very wonderful!
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

RiseOfTheDerp wrote:Am I the only one who is slightly creeped out? Since King is technically a human, wouldn't it technically be (Insert that word here since the site censors it)?

If they were realistic animals with limited intellect, but King was just as smart as ever, yes, it would be (insert that word here).

However, since the animals from Housepets seem to be pretty much just small, furry humans(with a FEW "animal" quirks), I'd say it's fine. Their a heckuva lot more similar than Florence and Winston from Freefall, and nobody seems to complain about those two.
This account is a copy of that of my Cross Time Cafe account, which I use to discuss Freefall on its forum.
Argent

Post by Argent »

I mean what about Joey and Squeak or Fido and Sabrina?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

Argent wrote:I mean what about Joey and Squeak or Fido and Sabrina?
If they're pretty much equals in terms of brainpower, I'm fine with it. Again, of course, if one of them was basically a "real" animal and the other was a Housepet(with a capital H, and all in italics), THEN I'd have some problems with it.
This account is a copy of that of my Cross Time Cafe account, which I use to discuss Freefall on its forum.
Argent

Post by Argent »

King doesn't seem to have gotten any less intelligent as an animal (if anything, the opposite), and he doesn't seem to be any more intelligent than the other animals.

Some of the other animals are pretty smart. Peanut seems to read faster than I do, and I'm no slouch. Itsuki is competing at a human level in college. And then there's Res.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You know Fox has also got to be up there with all of the books that he reads.