:(
Saturn381

Re: 2015/06/26 - Solve All Your Problems Forever

Post by Saturn381 »

Stop worrying so much, King.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Remember when Rick Griffin said this arc wouldn't focus on any character in particular? I hope I don't sound like I'm hating on King, it's just that it seems like Rick is going back on his word...
SnuggleKing

Post by SnuggleKing »

I sense a disturbance in the force. :(
Rikunda

Post by Rikunda »

I have been thinking... What if when they made King a permanent dog form they forgot to change his sperm... and they are going to have hybrid puppies? That would be kinda a great twist!

I am surprised he left her. She did say he could, but we all know that is a trap.
Quote:
Mother Teresa wrote:Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Aw, King, that wasn't nice of you at all! We know you are worrying because you love her and your puppies, but try and trust her instead of running away from the problems. If you believe that extra care is needed, then be there to help Bailey, ok?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The Wolves are showing off their wits,
and making Tiger feel svelte and slim.
They're making him envious, these twits,
eating so it looks like he's been down the gym.
Bailey's not listening, dearest King,
and thinks she needs to go her own way;
it doesn't matter what you say, shout or sing,
your barnyard beautys' wishes hold sway.
Her reasoning is frighteningly accurate,
refusing to listen to the worst case fears;
one thing that shows the strip is great -
Nothings as simple as it appears.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

At that point, just give up, King. Bailey will keep the puppies safe (or learn a very depressing and sad lesson that wouldn't fit in this sort of comic).

Maybe King will read some books on dog pregnancy - that should help alleviate at least some of the anxiety.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

"That's your problem."

...Though I don't think Bailey meant it in a mean-spirited way, her choice of words kind of registers as "I don't care about your peace of mind - go home and cry or read or something if you can't handle me having fun", and I'm a little worried that King might've taken it that way.

The very least she could've done was be a little consoling. Maybe talk with him to come up with a compromise where she does take it a little easier while not sacrificing too much of her rowdy personality. She does, after all, need to remain moderately active and be able to be all "Ooh! New thing! Let's check it out!" Lying around in bed all day or avoiding fun things just isn't her style, after all.
valerio

Post by valerio »

King will be reading "All that can possibly go wrong with pregnancy for dummies" and next he'll be ordering a portable containment unit for his wife.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Someone seems touchy. I just need to figure out who
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Wait so what do think Bailey's jobs is anyway, it can't be on the farm that's too far away.
Hi Hi Pie
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Number9Dysonsphere wrote:Wait so what do think Bailey's jobs is anyway, it can't be on the farm that's too far away.
Who ever said she has a job? Not many pets do.
bjchan95

Post by bjchan95 »

I fear King may end up like Marlin from Finding Nemo, and then go one a magical oceanic adventure to learn to stop being a worry wart
SuperStar wrote:Remember when Rick Griffin said this arc wouldn't focus on any character in particular? I hope I don't sound like I'm hating on King, it's just that it seems like Rick is going back on his word...
Well currently on the wikia I have the Focused Characters listed as King, Bailey, Various, since K&B have taken up a lot of this arc

Mod Edit: Avoid double posting by using the edit button to add more if your most is most recent
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

they sell all the best stuff at BOOTH
ImageImage
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

King really should realize that the worst stages of worrying for a father is late-game, not early game. However, i doubt he went home. But now the worrying is in Bailey's court.

Also, can't tell if Bailey won or lost, but if she won, something tells me I know what King is going to be up to. And she won't be happy.
Last edited by GameCobra on Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

King, calm down. A bit of jostling isn't going to hurt your puppies too much. As long as Bailey doesn't allow a direct hit to her stomach, the puppies should be fine. I am in no way a doctor though, so just take my word for it.

Also I just noticed something. I can't really eat hotdogs, but I can scarf down a corndog like a starving Great Dane.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

max7345 wrote:"That's your problem."

...Though I don't think Bailey meant it in a mean-spirited way, her choice of words kind of registers as "I don't care about your peace of mind - go home and cry or read or something if you can't handle me having fun", and I'm a little worried that King might've taken it that way.

The very least she could've done was be a little consoling. Maybe talk with him to come up with a compromise where she does take it a little easier while not sacrificing too much of her rowdy personality. She does, after all, need to remain moderately active and be able to be all "Ooh! New thing! Let's check it out!" Lying around in bed all day or avoiding fun things just isn't her style, after all.
Yeah - I'm not sure how King took it. Bailey sort of hit him while he was down; for me that would have registered as a personal attack and I would have stormed off and sulked for a little while, trust levels down until an apology (and/or an apologetic hug) was given. But I think King is the type who can get over his own problems, given a bit of time.

I can sort of see where Bailey is coming from, though - she's growing weary of King's constant worrying and wants him to grow a spine. As a natural dog, I don't think she's ever experienced anxiety at a human level the way that King is, so his constant worrying is baffling to see in another dog. I think she expects King to be like a regular dog and just forget about his worries - we saw this before in The Unbearable Lightness of Being a Dog arc. Either she's going to have to accept that she married a human in a dog suit, or King will somehow get over his human anxieties (unlikely, though medication could help), or else these arguments are going to continue.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
JonnyNova

Post by JonnyNova »

SuperStar wrote:Remember when Rick Griffin said this arc wouldn't focus on any character in particular? I hope I don't sound like I'm hating on King, it's just that it seems like Rick is going back on his word...
Yeah I found that too, and where have Peanut, Tarot, Max and Grape been this whole time?
*purrs loudly*

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Seems Bailey had a good run in the contest. And King is showing her that worries are not easy to get rid of.
Douglas Collier wrote:

Yeah - I'm not sure how King took it. Bailey sort of hit him while he was down; for me that would have registered as a personal attack and I would have stormed off and sulked for a little while, trust levels down until an apology (and/or an apologetic hug) was given. But I think King is the type who can get over his own problems, given a bit of time.

I can sort of see where Bailey is coming from, though - she's growing weary of King's constant worrying and wants him to grow a spine. As a natural dog, I don't think she's ever experienced anxiety at a human level the way that King is, so his constant worrying is baffling to see in another dog. I think she expects King to be like a regular dog and just forget about his worries - we saw this before in The Unbearable Lightness of Being a Dog arc. Either she's going to have to accept that she married a human in a dog suit, or King will somehow get over his human anxieties (unlikely, though medication could help), or else these arguments are going to continue.
Clash of worlds. Joel looked like he was somewhere in his twenties, so a long time to develop normal human reactions to things. Change is going to be slow.
Rikunda wrote:I have been thinking... What if when they made King a permanent dog form they forgot to change his sperm... and they are going to have hybrid puppies? That would be kinda a great twist!
No.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

JonnyNova wrote:Yeah I found that too, and where have Peanut, Tarot, Max and Grape been this whole time?
Pretty sure he mentioned them showing up this summer. Just give it some more time :3
Argent

Post by Argent »

Douglas Collier wrote:I can sort of see where Bailey is coming from, though - she's growing weary of King's constant worrying and wants him to grow a spine. As a natural dog, I don't think she's ever experienced anxiety at a human level the way that King is, so his constant worrying is baffling to see in another dog. I think she expects King to be like a regular dog and just forget about his worries - we saw this before in The Unbearable Lightness of Being a Dog arc. Either she's going to have to accept that she married a human in a dog suit, or King will somehow get over his human anxieties (unlikely, though medication could help), or else these arguments are going to continue.
Frankly, I think King got off easy...

Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Ah, King, always so worried and frustrated. How will become his nerves when the puppies will born? :| Fox, where are you? Give him some cuddles. :) Well, it's you how's taking all this too much seriously, King... Uhm, that's pretty impolite to say, Bailey. :? King reads? Should have got that from Fox. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that maybe the Miltons should start investing in Klonopin for King. Lord knows he will need it.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Little King needs to stop worrying so much. ;) He'll have a lot of worry lines by the time the pups are born.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Furryface18 wrote:Little King needs to stop worrying so much. ;) He'll have a lot of worry lines by the time the pups are born.
He'll look like a hound dawg.

You know, I don't think there's been a hound in Housepets!
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

Douglas Collier wrote:Maybe King will read some books on dog pregnancy - that should help alleviate at least some of the anxiety.
Or just make him worry even worse.
This account is a copy of that of my Cross Time Cafe account, which I use to discuss Freefall on its forum.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Wwwweeeeeelllllllllllllllllll then. :? Bailey's being a tiny bit self-centered here. Judging by the way parenting works, I'd say King's going to have three daughters. My logic: 1. Daughter = Worried Dad, 2. Son = Worried Mom. Bailey isn't worried at all so I'm just gonna go with my previous speculation. :ugeek:
Edit: Yes, I'm aware that this is not always true.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

I hope this half of the Arc doesn't end up becoming TOO much about King and Bailey. Honestly, I was liking it more when it focused on all the other characters and what they were doing at the fair. I mean, you see the background on the first panel? Why haven't we focused on that as much? :|

On the other hand, best case scenario, Bailey becomes a late entry in the Eating Contest while King is away.

Also, and this is wishful thinking, but does anybody else here think with all the stress he's been under, King may just need a little Cosmic guidance for help? ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that any cosmic guidance might cause him to be stressed out EVEN more.
cuteycindyhoney

Post by cuteycindyhoney »

I know Bailey is getting a little tired of King's worrying, but I do think she went a little far with "That's your problem." She should just sit him down and explain to him that she's a strong healthy dog, and that being active is good for her and the pups. I thought it very cute when she said "Nothing firmer than a hug touches here" and motioned a square around her mid section.
The animated signature I've used for years is too big for this forum! When I get time, I'll have to deconstruct it and make it smaller!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Technically he didn't. This is a different arc, it's part 2. 8-)
Rikunda wrote:I have been thinking... What if when they made King a permanent dog form they forgot to change his s--
*SPITS DRINK DRAMATICALLY* Where did THAT thought come from?! PG man!

Coulda been a mood swing of sorts. And yeah, I think that's how King took it, especially considering that he may or may not have straight up ran home :lol: . I guess Bailey's always been pretty blunt about things though, despite if she's aware of it or not.
ImageImageImageImage
DaveL

Post by DaveL »

Am I the only one who is interested in the eating contest part rather than Bailey&king problems?
They will sort it out later anyway, and the eating contest with expected finalists is gonna be a real fun.
valerio

Post by valerio »

DaveL wrote:Am I the only one who is interested in the eating contest part rather than Bailey&king problems?
They will sort it out later anyway, and the eating contest with expected finalists is gonna be a real fun.
both are interesting, and they do not mutually exclude
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

DaveL wrote:Am I the only one who is interested in the eating contest part rather than Bailey&king problems?
I'm sure people like the eating contest as well. They wanna see if Tiger will win or lose :3

Bailey and King, however... i'm sure at least 4/5th of the fans are excited about that development. =P
Manic

Post by Manic »

Hey wait what? Comic chameleon is showing round 2 of the eating contest, and doesnt show this strip at all. I am confushe @_@
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that Comic Chameleon is supposed to update first but don't quote me on that.